PDA

View Full Version : Clean my shoes

Meat Puppet
12-15-2004, 03:41 AM
Do you often find yourself being forced into doing things you don't want to, or don't need to do by someone who has more power over you?

Do you rebel against them?

Or are you the person who forces people to do those things?

I.

Oh, don't worry about the shoes thing. They're on a power line.

Giggles
12-15-2004, 03:53 AM
Usually I feel obligated to do whatever is asked of me. So, even if they aren't forcing me to do anything, I do it anyway.

And I rebel! Sort of.

Okay, I lied. I never rebel.

Ki Ki
12-15-2004, 04:06 AM
I don't understand what you're talking about.

Yes!

Kirobaito
12-15-2004, 04:11 AM
People try to force me to do things, but I never, ever, ever do what they ask or say. After all, <i>I</i> am a nonconformist.

Would you also like them polished?

theundeadhero
12-15-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm a rebel at heart so I can't help but not do it if I think it's dumb. At work it's different though. I could go to jail for not doing what the uppers say and I have power over other people.

Mindflare
12-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Unless a person gives me reason not to, I do what they say. I'm a pretty submissive person sometimes.

Psychotic
12-15-2004, 01:16 PM
I rebel!

Baloki
12-15-2004, 01:41 PM
I rebel!

Yeah just like last night eh? ;)

Jojee
12-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Sounds like my parents ;)

Sometimes I listen, sometimes I rebel... depending on what it is :)

TasteyPies
12-15-2004, 04:52 PM
I never do anything someone asks me to unless they ask me in a polite way.

-N-
12-15-2004, 05:25 PM
I thought of getting my shoes shined at the airport. Unfortunately, they were sandals, and I didn't want to disrespect the shoe shiners.

Leeza
12-15-2004, 05:32 PM
<b>Do you often find yourself being forced into doing things you don't want to, or don't need to do by someone who has more power over you?</b> Nope. No one has that power over me, except my bosses...and I can even say no to them if warranted. There are some things that need doing regardless of whether or not I want to do them, but I'm still not forced into doing them.

<b>Do you rebel against them?</b> We do talk about our bosses behind their backs sometimes, but I don't think that's considered rebelling. It's called gossip.

<b>Or are you the person who forces people to do those things?</b> Not force, just ask to do.

Spritz
12-15-2004, 05:42 PM
I usually give In and do it unless im especially lazy or the task is incredibly stupid.

Gotta love music and headphones though...

Kid: Hey. Can you pick up that pen?
Me: *Hears Kid. Ignores. Add head nodding and finger tapping, when appropriate.*
Kid: Can you hear me?
Me: *Repeat*
Kid: *Goes and gets pen or pokes me in the eye to get attention*

Cz
12-15-2004, 05:47 PM
I'd rebel, but my parents told me not to. :p

I don't like to step out of line unless I really feel it's an issue worth addressing. Otherwise, quiet indignation is enough for me.

Dking'squeen
12-15-2004, 07:55 PM
When people ask me to do things, more than likely, i'll do it, even if i don't like you *that is to a certain point*
If i say no when someone asks me to do something i'm capable of doind, i just feel bad
i hate hurting people's feelings so i end up ding it anyway

Silmaril
12-16-2004, 07:45 AM
I'll do what I'm asked to do if I'm asked nicely. I usually have to do what my mom tells me to do no matter how she asks me.

fire_of_avalon
12-16-2004, 12:42 PM
What kinda tasks are we really talking about here? I mean, if someone asks me to hand them a napkin, I don't turn green, rip off my clothes and beat them with vending machines. But if someone asks me to kill a kitten, I will stomp on their feet and flee.

Rusty
12-16-2004, 02:03 PM
What kinda tasks are we really talking about here? I mean, if someone asks me to hand them a napkin, I don't turn green, rip off my clothes and beat them with vending machines. But if someone asks me to kill a kitten, I will stomp on their feet

Same :)

Martyr
12-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Uh...

I mean, it all depends on whether or not I have something better to do.

If my friend wants me to help him mow his yard, and I have to go to school, then no, I won't. If I don't have any other obligations, then of course I'll help him out. That's how good connections and good friends are made.

Besides, being useless is a waste of time. And I hate to waste time.