PDA

View Full Version : Help with burning CD's!!!

nik0tine
12-15-2004, 05:13 AM
Alright, I have all of the tracks for a J.S. Bach album on my computer, however I cannot seem to get any burning software that I have to be able to work, but only for this particular CD. The problem seems to be that they are Winamp Media files, as opposed to regular MP3 files, I guess. I have used Roxio easy cd creator, and Nero,, neither of whch can read the files. Is there any trick to getting this to work? Also, is there a way to convert winamp media files to regular mp3 files? any kind of help would be much appreciated. thanks.

Yamaneko
12-15-2004, 07:20 AM
You can try <a href="http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/">CDex</a> out, although I don't know if it converts Winamp media. Can't hurt to give it a shot, though.

NM
12-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Winamp will convert audio tracks to standard wav file's which your CD writing software will have no problem with.

Press CTRL P to bring up Winamps preferences.
Select Output from the list on the left had side (should be under the plug-ins section.)
Select "Nullsoft disk writer plug-in."
Click configure to pick an output location, and click OK
Close preferences and hit Play.

The songs will be converted to wav files to the directory you picked in the options. Just burn them in your CDR software to make your audio cd.

Just one more thing. Turn off repeat in Winamp before you convert the file's otherwise it'll just go round and round the track list forever, or you click stop.