PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy TSW: Not Enough Support?

Yuffie514
12-15-2004, 05:04 PM
i was kinda pissed about the reviews for the Final Fantasy movie :mad2: . i think that the people didn't even give it a chance to express itself. i thought that a lot of people who played Final Fantasy would go and see the movie. by the way, who DID go to see the movie? i didn't get a chance to see it on its debut because the same day that my family had planned to go on the tour of China started about the same day.

Wilder
12-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Youre living in a world where is prefered britney than joplin, I think shrek, incredibles , and all that FMV pictures are fun for kids, but Final fantasy reach some point so high on real animation, it´s just so gorgeous , so serious and real , visually is a master piece, is the manual to animate human beings, but right now they are trying to sink it down just to put ç$ˇ"$1!$ˇ%& shrek in the first place and avoiding actors replacements.

kikimm
12-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Argha. I was just about to make a topic about this. :) Anyways, I completely adore this movie. I'm going to go out and buy it after Christmas, if I don't get it. It's an excellent movie---the animation is unbelievable, the characters are well done, the story is interesting...there wasn't anything i didn't like about it. The voice acting is also top-notch.

I think it bothered a lot of people that it wasn't based on a particular Final Fantasy game---but that's completely fine with me. Each game is different from each other anyway. true, there wasn't that many Final fantasy elements in the movie---Square might have made a mistake putting that label on the thing, and that's why it did so bad---but what was there was good. (Gaia, and something that was similar to the Lifestream).

Blegh. It's a good story. I like it. Everybody else can go and be lame, for all I care. :meatwad:

:D

Necronopticous
12-21-2004, 08:44 PM
I fully agree, I think a lot of people don't like this movie simply because other people didn't like the movie. Everything about the film totally blew me away when I first saw it, and continues to do so every time I watch my DVD.

People have arguments ranging from "too much material for too short a movie" to "no memorable characters." I don't think I've heard an argument yet that I agree with, even in part.

Sephex
12-22-2004, 03:58 AM
The problem with this movie is that they named it Final Fantasy. Most gamers expecting something like Final Fantasy was disapointed. I know I was. And no, I am not one of those rabid FF fans that thinks everything should have to tie into Cloud or Squall.

Personally, I thought that the animation was done poorly. Characters moved..awkwardly. The graphics themselves were astounding, though.

I couldn't get interested in the story that much either. Something about it bothered me.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-22-2004, 06:29 AM
Well, when they announced the movie, I was expecting swords, chocobos, big baddie, monsters, airships, etc... but what did the movie have? Everyone dying except the main character and "Dr. Sid".

Movie: 1/10

The point was for the graphics.

BG-57
01-08-2005, 04:03 AM
Having seen it, it has good points and bad points.

The good points include the animation, the conception of the world, the voice acting and the plot when it focused on the solving the central mystery.

The bad point was that frequently the plot veered toward what felt like a retread of 'Aliens' with space marines shooting at alien creatures. That seemed far too derivative to me.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-08-2005, 05:47 AM
Square wasted 210 million dollars and almost killed itself in the pursuit of making a photorealistic computer-generated movie, and what probably hurts the most is that, in the end, it doesn't even look photorealistic. You can easily tell it's computer-generated. Pointless. And even that would have bearable if it even vaguely bore any resemblance to what something with the title "Final Fantasy" should be. The only FF-like elements were the space ghosts and the whole "spirit of the planet" thing, which was rather transparently taken from FFVII.

The colors were also terrible. It seemed like everything was either gray or brown.

DaggerFlux
01-12-2005, 07:38 PM
The colors were also terrible. It seemed like everything was either gray or brown.

thats true.

i went and saw the movie in the cinema, i thought it was ok, but it didnt blow me away. for something that cost 210 million dollars, u would have thought it would have been better. it seemed to me it was all graphics and a crap story, thats just my opinion

Yuffie514
01-12-2005, 08:51 PM
i was really looking forward to some magic or summons. i think it was the sci-fi effect that led to this disaster. this could be a warning that FF should never make a game that's in outer space, cuz they suck.