PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Surviver! Round 3

wakka
12-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Final Fantasy VIII was voted off the last time with a total of eight votes.
Round three will be on December 27.

feioncastor
12-15-2004, 09:10 PM
No offense, Wakka, but X wasn't really that great, so I voted it to be off.

I mean, there's no real gameplay, aside from fighting. Or maybe I'm wording that poorly. What I mean is this:

The game may as well be a movie. All you do is travel from FMV to FMV and maybe fight or walk a little bit in between. There is no world map, and all of that. You don't really ever go back to a city that you've already been to, with a couple of exceptions.

I dont' know, the game was missing something. I never got engrossed in that one like I did in FF6, FF4, FF1, FF7, FFT, FF5 or FF2.

I think that when Square made FF7, they realized they could sell games on graphics alone, without putting much effort into the story. So they stopped putting effort into the story, and thus, made FF8. They bounced back a little with FF9, but fell back into the same hole with FF10.

Feion

Lain
12-15-2004, 09:28 PM
X-2 really sucks. I never play ff tactics but I think it's crappy too (hate fighting in ff)

Auronhart
12-15-2004, 09:44 PM
They bounced back a little with FF9
Yeah, right. *votes IX*

wakka
12-15-2004, 11:25 PM
No offense, Wakka, but X wasn't really that great, so I voted it to be off.

Final Fantasy X was okay. I like some other Final Fantasy better. I just had to think up a name and Wakka was the only Final Fantasy character left that i thought of.

Ryth
12-16-2004, 02:29 AM
I liked X and FFX-2 I haven't played III-VI ot FFT or FFXI I loved VII,IX,and I so but I didn't enjoy FFII because of the failed weapon exp. system, good in theory but sucked in execution so I vote FFII now excuse me while while I go duck for cover because I'm gonna get flamed aren't I?

Snap Jumper
12-16-2004, 02:47 AM
My vote went to 3 this time. It has "mini" dungeons where you have virtually no attack or defense early, and lots of duplicating green enemies later on. It can get very frustrating.

Martyr
12-16-2004, 08:12 PM
*Flames Sephiroth.* FFII Owns all... except for, uh, lots of games.

I votes X-2.
That game deserves immortality in Hell.

Dark Ekonis
12-16-2004, 08:31 PM
I voted for XI again, I don't like paying to play, its BS, so I vote for the BS to leave and never come back

Ryth
12-17-2004, 01:03 AM
OH WAAAAAAAGGGHHH IT BURNS IT BUUUURRRRNNS (SNIFF) EHEH BURNING!!!!! (While FLAMED he jumps on Martyr and he catches on fire he then gets up and dumps water on his self and has 3rd degree burns and then blows up Martyr with a bucket of gas BOOM!) HAHAHA okay we're even now this has to stop or this thread will be locked and we'll be banned or everyone will hate us for getting this thread locked.

Flashback007
12-17-2004, 09:22 AM
Mhm, I gonna vote again for FFT, I never played it, so an opinion forming for it is hard for me

chocomog33
12-17-2004, 06:59 PM
2, again.

:D

louby_4eva
12-18-2004, 09:52 PM
ARG!! I accidently voted for ff1 instead of 2. I mean they were both rubbish (in my opinion, please dont go all not happy with me or anything) but 2 was the worst, hmm neva mind. FF1 was kinda boring. I think FF-X-2 should stay but i spose with it having like 6 votes or whateva thats unlikely...........shame

Doors
12-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Die spiky haired anime piece of http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif game(FF7)

feioncastor
12-19-2004, 05:50 AM
I never play ff tactics but I think it's crappy too
How can you deduce this without playing it?

And who the hell actually voted 3 off? Who has really played enough of FF3 to say that they didn't like it?

Feion

Snap Jumper
12-20-2004, 01:16 AM
And who the hell actually voted 3 off? Who has really played enough of FF3 to say that they didn't like it?

I have on the emulator and tried to finish it, but an entire dungeon of enemies that split when you hit them was too much for me.

Lain
12-21-2004, 05:16 PM
How can you deduce this without playing it?

hate fighting in ff

JayDee
12-23-2004, 09:00 AM
How could anyone vote for VII before X
X was the stupiest FF what a huge disappointment
Apart from fights and Blitzball(boring) and those stupid tenmple
puzzles with the orbs there was hardly any gameplay
there isn't even a world map which means no flying the airship.
Most people would say the graphics and dialogue were an inprovement
Very untrue.
It takes out all the imagination, It's watching a movie compared to
reading a book, I'd much rather read a book.
Oh look I'm rambling.
Any way i hope VI or VII win. Not that it matters :|

moron
12-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Oh how I long for the day I shall grasp the neck of the fag that voted against FFIV being the greatest game of all time. Oh I'll squeeze... I'll squeeze until your eyes pop out and green stuff starts to come out of your eye sockets. Then I'll wipe the green stuff on your chest and make your mom lick it off while I.... Well.... Y'know..... Lick it too....

Despotus
12-27-2004, 04:09 AM
Sheeeese, what a 'moron'...
Anyway, time to say goodbye to X-2, never played it, didn't vote against it, have heard very little good said about it :tongue:

Ryth
12-27-2004, 03:48 PM
:( Poor X-2 I liked that game but it seems everyone to hate it :( oh well.....