PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Was The Ending A Dream?

Yuffie514
12-15-2004, 10:10 PM
i saw the FFX ending where Tidus wakes up in the middle of the ocean. was that a dream or what?

SeeDRankLou
12-15-2004, 10:24 PM
It is one of two things. In the confines of the the FFX story, it was a dream that the fayth made for him because they knew if he succeeded he would disappear. In the confines of the the FFX saga, if done in a certain manner, it was not a dream.

Lain
12-15-2004, 11:17 PM
SPOILER Good ending in x-2 starts with this scene so it couldn't be dream

SeeDRankLou
12-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Well that's only if you get the good ending. And what would it be if FFX-2 didn't exist. What were people thinking before that game even came out? That's what I meant by "in the confines of the FFX story".

12-16-2004, 12:00 AM
yeah, i heard that they werent planning on making ffx-2. so there was probably another reason for making him wake up in the water at the end. or maybe they just added it in when they decided on making ffx-2.

Lain
12-16-2004, 12:51 AM
Reason is simply: every ff need a happy ending in some way

Captain Maxx Power
12-16-2004, 11:28 AM

Tidus being alive is a happy ending?

Lain
12-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Tidus being alive is a happy ending?
^^
Well if you look from that side I have to admit that x-2 had the most unhappy ending. Yuna didn't die and in addition she was happy because tidus back. Alive and happy yuna is the most sad ending ever....oh I wanna cry now :whimper: :whimper: :weep:

UltimateSpamGrover
12-16-2004, 03:01 PM
make Yuna suffer.

Yuffie514
12-16-2004, 03:34 PM

i think Square totally blew it on FFX :mad2: ; i don't like the ending, it was still happy, but still sad.

Anaisa
12-16-2004, 04:34 PM
I didn't like the ending either, and it was too short. :mad2: :(

NashX
12-16-2004, 05:27 PM
The ending kept you egging on for more...then X-2 came out. Perfect anticipation ploy. I think it was just a way of telling us that the story would continue, and Tidus may come back...

Lain
12-16-2004, 08:28 PM
FFX ending was so sad (personally I loved that ending), that they have to make x-2 so then the story ends happily. Besides I heard that they were doing both games in the same time. And next reason why they decide to make x-2 could be - comercion, comercion, comercion

Rabid Dogs
12-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Here's what confuses me. You guys hate Tidus and Yuna, which is understandable, and yet play FFX-2. Hmmmm...

Lain
12-18-2004, 01:22 AM
Oh no, I loved Tidus...he is sexy. He's a whinny skate, true, but still sexy

bakabakabaka
12-21-2004, 12:11 AM
FFX ending was so sad (personally I loved that ending), that they have to make x-2 so then the story ends happily. Besides I heard that they were doing both games in the same time. And next reason why they decide to make x-2 could be - comercion, comercion, comercion
i cried so much at the end *sob* :cry:
i really liked the idea of X-2 but came to play it and didnt enjoy it half as much as x. it was a good game though!! but i liked yuna better when she needed tidus to protect her.
still makes me cry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BackRoomKid
12-31-2004, 02:48 AM
Already played FFX-2 but this is what I thought when you see Tidus waking up in the water:

Remember before Yuna's speech? She was whistling by the OCEAN, of course to call for Tidus...
Well, Tidus wakes up in a body of water and I thought "oh crap, he somehow popped in the ocean (don't ask me how) and he heard Yuna's whistling."
That was my theory...until X-2 came out.

haha, I thought (if my theory was true)...how come he didn't get in the stadium to see her??? Well, they ran out of tickets to get in and then the Yevon monks recognized him and remembered he was the traitor of Yevon that got them all fired so they threw him in jail and he was officially screwed...lol, cruel but nonetheless, I thought it was pretty funny.