PDA

View Full Version : Mastering the Game

BG-57
12-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Have you played a perfect game? Or is it even possible?

My definition of perfect game (where I fell short in parentheses):

Recruited all the non-generic units.

Level 99 for all units.

Mastered every job class (no one knows Zodiac except for Ramza).

At least one of every item (except Eustacheon II and Javelin II).

Suceeded in every proposition.

Won all the rare treasure (except one).

Explored all the unexplored lands.

Won every Zodiac Stone (I'm missing several).

I think I know how to get my other party members to learn Zodiac.

I blame myself for missing the weapons and treasure. The game's guide is inaccurate about them. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which proposition is the one which I should have won a rare treasure from. I can narrow it down though.

I don't think you get every stone in the game. Perhaps by the end of the last battle.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-15-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure you cannot get every Zodiac Stone in the game. And as far as mastering it goes, as much as I love Tactics I haven't the time nor the inclination to do that.

DeBlayde
12-16-2004, 08:19 AM
The awesomeness of Tactics is such that no other came can compare in depth breadth or just plain fun.

but there is much in that game that I never took the time to figure out. like what a bloody fur shop was for. were you supposed to recruite a beast, take him to this place and then slaughter him? that's kinda gruesome.

so nope. no mastery. love the game. but not that much. :D

BG-57
12-16-2004, 12:27 PM
I can answer for the fur shop. If you equip the skill Secret Hunt, that character poaches a hide from any monster they land the fatal physical blow on. If you travel to a town with a fur shop, you will randomly get either a common item or a rare item made from that hide.

The game does not distinguish between poaching allied monsters and enemy monsters. It's not necessary to poach the monsters you recruit and breed, but you can only get some items by doing that.

Despotus
12-16-2004, 03:08 PM
I have 2 nearly perfect game files. One of them I did all of the above, except I missed the Vanish Mantle on top of G. Peak. In another, I did all including finding the Mantle, but missed one proposition's treasure. That really pissd me off, so *takes a deep breath* I am currently working on my third (and probably not final) attempt at a "Mastered" game. YEAH, I'm damn crazy about this Game!!! :roll: :smash: :spin:
And as B.T.V. said, I don't think you can get a total of 13 Zodiac stones, I'll have to look it up. I am sure that I got all of the stones that appeared in the game. And, yes, I actually took the time to teach 'Zodiac' to each and everyone of my Summoners. The biggest pain in the neck, in my opinion, was poaching enough monsters to make sure I got all of the Items on the list. :radred:

BG-57
12-16-2004, 09:46 PM
In your perfect game with respect to propositions, you wouldn't happen to know which propositions gave rare treasures? :D

Poaching was a breeze compared to the propositions. While the treasure and unexplored lands have little value except for bragging rights, it bugs me that I missed one. More so than missing Zodiac or the weapons. :mad2:

UltimaLimit
12-17-2004, 01:36 AM
If you can kill anything that moves with ease, you're a master in my book. Though I must say, I admire your tenacity.

Despotus
12-17-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by BG-57

In your perfect game with respect to propositions, you wouldn't happen to know which propositions gave rare treasures?
I have a pretty good idea based on researching and contrasting several different online propositions lists, but I am still testing the list out. I'll PM you... ;)
Originally posted by UltimaLimit

I must say, I admire your tenacity.
Thanks U.L., I am pleased to know that some people admire my drive for perfection :meditate: . A lot of my friends who have played Tactics just shake their heads at me :screwy: when I tell them I've started a new game file.
Other obsessive Tactics behavior: I always have to steal all enemy equipment, damn those who come to battle me with 'Maintainance' equiped :mad:
And I have been searching the ground for all 4 hidden items on each storyline battle, just in case one of those normal weapons turns out to be super-powerful like the JavelinII and EscucheonII. I know it's not likely... but it is a challenge in itself to find all 4 items. :D

Del Murder
12-18-2004, 10:03 PM
I need to get that Zodiac one of these days.

feioncastor
12-19-2004, 05:36 AM
Well, I can certainly say that I am a master in ULs book.

I discovered the cool trick about easily gaining JP and Exp and got to level 70 before my first trip to Dorter Trade City (only after playing through the game about 3 times before).

Took a while, but if you spend about 3 hours doing nothing but accumulating while your last enemy is a chicken, or power/speed broken, or asleep, or Don't Move/Don't Act'd, well, you can gain roughly 30 levels.

Neato.

I always have to steal all enemy equipment, damn those who come to battle me with 'Maintainance' equiped
I though Maintainance only guarded against breaks. I didn't know it blocked stealing too... Hmmmm.... Again, I must say "Neato". So I will

Neato.

Feion