PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Classics

White Raven
12-16-2004, 01:27 AM
I don't know aboot all of you, but it just isn't christmas time without watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas and listening to my Bing Crosby record. It just gets me right into the mood.

Other must watch shows/movies:
~Charlie Brown Christmas
~Original Frosty
~Original Rudolph
~A Garfield Christmas
~The Christmas South Parks
~The Nightmare Before Christmas

Other must listen songs:
~the soundtrack to a Charlie Brown Christmas
~Snoopy vs. The Red Baron

:)

So what's everyone elses favourite festive shows or songs?

The Man
12-16-2004, 01:30 AM
I usually get sick of holiday music long before the holidays, but George Winston's December is always a reliable classic. I don't really have any movies that are regular holiday traditions for me.

RSL
12-16-2004, 01:45 AM
Gotta watch A Christmas Story at least once every year.

krissy
12-16-2004, 01:49 AM
"Oh, fudge..."

Shoeberto
12-16-2004, 01:53 AM
I hate Christmas music, frankly. There's a station near here that starts playing Christmas music 24/7 from early November until Christmas, and my parents love to listen to it. This is my first year away from that, now having my license...but it was unbearable, believe me.

And A Christmas Story? My dad has constantly watched the 24 Hour Marathons of it for the past few years. UGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHH.

theundeadhero
12-16-2004, 02:10 AM
Christmas Story and the original Rudoph, for sure. Anyone know when Rudolph is on this year? Did I already miss it?!

Dingo Jellybean
12-16-2004, 05:33 AM
Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You is one of the greatest songs ever. Not just an X-Mas song, a great song. Seriously, you have to hear it.

MoonsEcho
12-16-2004, 05:42 AM
I agree with White Raven; I have to watch all the classics or it just doesn't feel right. My must-have Christmas shows are:

Rudolph (original)
Charlie Brown Christmas
Garfield Christmas
The Year Without a Santa Claus
It's a Wonderful Life
Rudolph's Shiny New Year
Mickey's Christmas Carol

Most of those are really only special to me because I watched them every year as a child. I also really like that Claymation Christmas show that used to come on...it had the California Raisins in it, and some bells that performed Carol of the Bells, and I especially liked the scene where the three wise men and their camels sang We Three Kings. I miss that show, it never comes on anymore ;_;

I like Christmas music too. Most of it, anyway. I especially like What Child Is This and O Holy Night. Instrumentals are really good too. Mannheim Steamroller does beautiful Christmas music.

Sephex
12-16-2004, 05:44 AM
I like Christmas movies still, but I seemed to enjoy them more as a child. Movies like the first two Home Alone movies and A Christmas Story I still enjoy, though.

Del Murder
12-16-2004, 05:52 AM
The Island of Misfit Toys is the coolest place ever.

The Captain
12-16-2004, 06:04 AM
I also get into the holiday spirit by watching the Christmas episodes from The Simpsons and Futurama.

Take care all.

Kirobaito
12-16-2004, 04:55 PM
The original Rudolph, for me, and pretty much singing religious Christmas carols, which are better than the secular ones.

Chzn8r
12-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Christmas is NOT complete without a healthy dose of Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Their rendition of Carol of the Bells, "Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)" is a definitive Christmas song and nothing one should go the holidays without.

Crazy the Clown
12-17-2004, 12:18 AM
As far as I'm concerned, it's not Christmas until I've heard the Bob & Doug McKenzie's Canadian version of the "12 Days of Christmas." Here's what the gifts mean.

Beer-Canadian beer is slightly higher in alcohol content than American beer. And that's why I like Molson and Labatt.

Turtlenecks-Since it has a tendency to be cold this time of year to our neighbors up north, so these are a very hot item this time of year.

French Toast-Not French, or Canadian, but American. It does go good with maple syrup, which is Canadian, though.

Back bacon-Canadian bacon. Because of the way it's cut, served, and flavored, it is often confused for ham.

Touques(t-ooo-ks.)-Knit caps ideal for winter condition.

Two-four-A case of beer. 6 packs of two-four would be a gross.

Smokes-Canadian cigarettes are slightly different than American cigarettes.

Comic books-Wolverine and Alpha Flight are Canadian superheroes.

Donuts-There are many donut shops in Canada.

fire_of_avalon
12-17-2004, 12:23 AM
I actually just surf radio stations and listen to unusual renditions of Christmas songs. And I watch The Grinch who Stole Christmas and decorate and always always go light looking.

Hmmm, I don't really have much I have to watch.