PDA

View Full Version : CCS? Help ; ;

Lionx
12-16-2004, 02:26 AM
I need to do the following x-x and well i need some help -_-;

• Create a series of three buttons, each button jumps to a different web page (yours or someone else’s). This involves an (of course select your own URL)
onclick = "top.location = 'http://www.starbulletin.com' "
• A button to QUIT and close down the browser (onclick = “window.close( )”)
• Cursor changes to a “hand” if the user moves over the button and returns to normal if they move off that button
• Colorize the button (note: Netscape may not recognize the buttons depending on version used)
• Position the buttons in a row along the top or bottom without using a table using CSS
• Using three other <A HREF> tags (standard text prompts) to other web pages, use the :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:out and :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:over to change text prompt font, color and size with a CSS class. If the user moves their mouse over the text prompt, pop a message using a Microsoft only “.innerText” to display the URL to which they will jump if they click the mouse (the latest Netscape 7 uses a DOM).
• You will have to define a series of CSS definitions to:
:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:Over = "this.className = 'rollon' "
1. change the cursors as they roll over the mouse
and roll off the mouse
2. change the appearance of the <A HREF> tag prompts
as the mouse cursor moves over and off the text
prompt

Baloki
12-16-2004, 03:40 AM
I know the answers but I am seriously too tired to post them, I'll post them tommorrow night unless someone beats me to it :D

Dr Unne
12-16-2004, 05:39 AM
Is this homework? The purpose of homework is to learn. http://w3schools.com is a good source of information on CSS. Also you can look at some sites (this site for example). Right click, View Source. An excellent way to learn.

Lionx
12-18-2004, 11:30 AM
First, yes it is homework, but theres little to go on so i like some help is all.

Second, Unne that link does not work..Oo

and Third, i managed to work out with a little help #1, 2, 4, and 5

Number 3 about the changing the icon of the mouse when it goes over a button i have no idea on how to start.

Number 6 i got it, but i do not get the '.innerText' part...i dont know where to put this, in the Javascript part of :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:over? Or somewhere else? O.o gah. and yes i use IE.

Number 7 i dont understand...not at all. I mean i know you are suppose to make the text and mouse change but i am unsure on the definitions and where to put them along with the color change in #6...

So if you can give me some hint or something that might help, it would be appreciated.

And Unne, if you can post that link again it might help because i cant access it. Page not found.

EDIT: This is currently what i did. Please help me out. ^^;