PDA

View Full Version : DoS FFI:Why has my Red Mage a low HP?

Flashback007
12-16-2004, 06:29 PM
No, and the answer is not, because you don't level him up. My red mage is at the same level as my Fighter, Black Mage and White Mage. But he has a much lower HP then my Fighter, Black Mage and White Mage. How is that possible? Did they change his stats for the Dawn of Souls version? Because in my Origins-version he was almost as strong in HP as my Fighter and surely stronger then the Black Mage and the White Mage.

Garland
12-16-2004, 11:51 PM
HP is random. My whm had higher hp than my monk till the 50's. However, they all capped at 999 eventually, even the redmage. I'm level 94, and my blm is up to 960, and considering hp gain as of late, I expect he'll cap by 99. If not, you can get permanent stat boosting items in the new dungeons. It'll be cool to get 99 stats for all your chrs.

DJZen
12-17-2004, 04:28 AM
Yeah, black mages with 99 Strength are AW3S0M3!!!!!!!11

Captain Maxx Power
12-17-2004, 11:39 AM
In DoS, with enough Dungeon crawling, everyone can get up to 999 hp/ 999mp/ 99 stats. Heck, my white mage came out on top first time through, being my only char with 999 in both HP and MP. Red Mages do seem to have a lot less hp than they did before, this much I did notice. Almost as low as the BM. He does however make up for it by having more armor, so even a WM with more hp will probably take less punishment than a RM will.

Flashback007
12-17-2004, 01:29 PM
Well, indeed my White Mage takes more damage then my Red Mage. So a real problem it isn't. But I agree on the Black Mage. He has become a real fighting-guy. He can do almost as much damage with his stick then FIghter and Red Mage do. It's really cool. Plus he has spells. It seems that the Black Mage has become a good fighter.

Garland
12-19-2004, 05:42 AM
The white mage in prior FF's was always a marginally better melee than the black mage - probably to compensate some for almost no offensive magics of value till Holy. In DoS, the BLM always outdamages my Whm after a certain level, once he begins getting more hits than the WHM. At 99, my WHM deals 7 hits, and my BLM 8, so they finally deal about equal damage - since the WHM does have a slight individual hit damage advantage. For a while though, the BLM's melee was totally outclassing my WHM, and my WHM was totally outclassing my Monk in Hitpoints, while my Redmage had more MP than the WHM - I thought DoS was totally screwed up. Fortunately, everything eventually does rectify itself, and at 99, characters once again have a balance as you might expect.

Captain Maxx Power
12-19-2004, 11:50 AM
It's just a shame not all of us want to get all the way to level 99

Flashback007
12-19-2004, 01:27 PM
It's just a shame not all of us want to get all the way to level 99

Well, I know have a reason to go to level 99. I totally want to see my party rock and destroy everything in their pad ^_^

Captain Maxx Power
12-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Mine can manage that at level 80 down. Heck even Omega / Shinyru only took a couple of attempts. Course this is with a Fi/Ti/WM/BM party, so it's nice and balanced, plus I kept every single casting item I got my grubby little mitts on.

Yuffie514
01-10-2005, 08:58 PM
i always thought that mages have low HP while someone like Steiner would have low MP but a lot of HP.

Dassureth
01-16-2005, 05:58 AM
I'm level 40 and my WHM has 610hp and my RDM has 380, along with 1 blm has 343.

haha, super whm tank using Holy.

DJZen
01-17-2005, 02:35 AM
My white wizard maxed out HP and MP first, and was the second one in my party to max out on HP. Bizarre indeed.....