PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park and Jay-Z = One of the most horrible things in existance.

Rye
12-16-2004, 08:17 PM
I need to post my complete disgust at LP/Jay-Z.

I used to be pretty much an insane Linkin Park fan since I was about 9. Hybrid Theory was a very great CD, I can't think of any songs on there that were terrible. Then they made Reanimation. That irritated me cause all they did was ruin their awesome songs with unknown hip-hop artists and released about 2 good songs (Some song I forgot the named of and My December. I like My December a lot.) I'm so glad I burned that. They did not deserve $20 dollars for that.

After that, they made Meteora. Didn't really do it for me. It was like they were just riding off their success and compiling some random CD full of crap with one or two good songs.

I was still a fan, but not a great one. But now LP/Jay-Z? That was horrible. I mean, I heard two of their songs. They're both 90% percent Jay-Z rapping about crap (Brush that dirt off ya shoulder) and the last 20 seconds of the song was Linkin Park music.

Anyone here feel the same way. It's bad enough they sold out, but with Jay-Z? He's only successful because he's riding off the coattail of Beyonce. Ugh. Anyways, what do you think?

Flying Mullet
12-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Anyways, what do you think?
I think your Santa sig's cool?

Yeah, I've only like Hybrid Theory as well. Sadly most musicians produce rubbish after their first album as they aren't creative enough to churn out more than 5 or 6 good songs in thier lifetime.

Rye
12-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Thanks. :D Engrish Santa = <3.

Yeah, it's a shame. Part of the reason I think LP is becoming so bad is because power is shifting from Chester Bennington, one of the only reasons LP was cool and sounded different from other bands, to Mike Shinoda, some guy up Jay-Z's butt. I saw a music video for LP/Jay-Z and Chester was like standing there while Jay-Z and Mike Shinoda put the band to shame.

krissy
12-16-2004, 08:26 PM
I thought Jay-Z wasn't gonna make music after the Black Album.
Oh, he's not, it's just live remixing.

Don't care; Danger Mouse mix of Jay-Z and Beatles wasn't that bad. :-[

Dingo Jellybean
12-16-2004, 09:11 PM
I actually like the song Encore by LP and JZ. But I never liked the song they continously play on the radio Breaking a Habit. It's tough to make music after your first successful album. Look at Nelly Furtado, after Whoa Nelly! she came out with a so-so Folklore.

There are some groups that continues to make great music like U2 and Eminem. I love Maroon 5's Songs About Jane, but I got a feeling they'll be a one hit wonder. Alicia Keys, I hope she wins a grammy. Her song If I Ain't Got You is such a great song.

Rye
12-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Nelly Furtado was never really great, but she has a few really catchy songs on both albums. And I think you're right about Maroon 5.

Dking'squeen
12-16-2004, 10:43 PM
i love hybrid thoery
meteora's okay
i don't like the fact that Jay-Z and LP are collaborating to 'remix' their songs
i like the originals
Jay-Z can make their lyrics or beats or whatver he does all he likes
Don't drag LP down with you Jay
I won't waste my money
I've heard from numerous people that their cd sucks a bad word
so no thank you
I love Maroon5
i have their cd
and eminem
and u2
and red hot chili peppers who impress me a lot
and the beatsie boys *they're funny*
but not jay and LP

escobert
12-16-2004, 10:46 PM
I need to post my complete disgust at LP/Jay-Z.

I used to be pretty much an insane Linkin Park fan since I was about 9. Hybrid Theory was a very great CD, I can't think of any songs on there that were terrible. Then they made Reanimation. That irritated me cause all they did was ruin their awesome songs with unknown hip-hop artists and released about 2 good songs (Some song I forgot the named of and My December. I like My December a lot.) I'm so glad I burned that. They did not deserve $20 dollars for that.

After that, they made Meteora. Didn't really do it for me. It was like they were just riding off their success and compiling some random CD full of crap with one or two good songs.

I was still a fan, but not a great one. But now LP/Jay-Z? That was horrible. I mean, I heard two of their songs. They're both 90% percent Jay-Z rapping about crap (Brush that dirt off ya shoulder) and the last 20 seconds of the song was Linkin Park music.

Anyone here feel the same way. It's bad enough they sold out, but with Jay-Z? He's only successful because he's riding off the coattail of Beyonce. Ugh. Anyways, what do you think?

Well, I HATE Jay-Z as he runs his mouth about NaS (see song Take over on the album The Blueprint by Jay-Z and the song Ether by NaS on StillMATIC)

I've kind of grown out of LP I still listen to some of their songs but not too many.

Dingo Jellybean
12-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Well, I HATE Jay-Z as he runs his mouth about NaS (see song Take over on the album The Blueprint by Jay-Z and the song Ether by NaS on StillMATIC)

I've kind of grown out of LP I still listen to some of their songs but not too many.

The 2 things I don't like about Jay-Z is how he treated R.Kelly during their tour and how he wants to control Beyonce's career. But man, can't Beyonce get a better looking man than JZ? Damn that guy is ugly. You know, at least Tyrese looks good with a great voice...but too bad he's taken. I always thought of those 2 as a good couple.

Shoeberto
12-17-2004, 12:22 AM
Ha, I was just talking to a friend today about how the everything that LP has put out except for Hybrid Theory has been rubbish.

Polaris
12-17-2004, 09:34 AM
I love that song, without Jay-Z, I mean Likkin Park can ix they're music alone they did that... so Jay-Z is Beyonce finacé, isn't he? Well, anyway I love LP and I'm not gonna stop likking them just coz they mixed one great song 'Numb' with Jay-Z! Chester still has a great voice and if they need a raper they have Mike! LP don't need Jay-Z!

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
12-17-2004, 10:17 AM
at first i was real open to the idea but i heard it and....hmmm.....its wasnt waht i expected.....just...*bows head down*

Rye
12-17-2004, 11:25 AM
The 2 things I don't like about Jay-Z is how he treated R.Kelly during their tour and how he wants to control Beyonce's career. But man, can't Beyonce get a better looking man than JZ? Damn that guy is ugly. You know, at least Tyrese looks good with a great voice...but too bad he's taken. I always thought of those 2 as a good couple.

xDDDD, that's exactly what my Mom said. We were watching some award show and she was like "Who's that fugly man with Beyonce?"

I like that song he did with Beyonce, Bonnie and Clyde, but that's really it. He honestly would be NOTHING without Beyonce.

Pure Strife
12-17-2004, 02:36 PM
There was Crawling right at the begining, then it sort of went downhill. Now it's some near the centre of the Earth and if they keep whoring the rap aspect they gonna be in hell real soon.

Project G
12-17-2004, 02:47 PM
This is the greatest mix ever

Dingo Jellybean
12-17-2004, 02:57 PM
The song is currently in the Top 10 of both iTunes and Napster.

I still like it though, but I was never a fan of JZ or LP. I never thought either of them were talented musicians, LP's music is too loud and JZ's music has too much freestyling.

Rusty
12-17-2004, 04:14 PM
I thought it was really strange that Jay-Z and Linkin Park got together to do a song. They both produce really different types of music. But I'll be interested to hear how it turned out.

Still I have always liked Linkin Park's music, I have never liked Jay-Z.

Rye
12-17-2004, 07:42 PM
There was Crawling right at the begining, then it sort of went downhill. Now it's some near the centre of the Earth and if they keep whoring the rap aspect they gonna be in hell real soon.

I don't think I could put it any better. Like in "In The End" you hear a bit of rapping, and it wasn't bad, but now they went from "Awesome Rock band that has that guy who raps occasionally" to "Mike Shinoda's rap group featuring that guy named Chester."

It's really not right, in my opinion. It'd be like if System of a Down collaberated with Hilary Duff.

CloudSquallandZidane
12-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Let me say right now i have hated Jay Z in all but a very select few songs. Now with that out of the way for every1 who says JayZ is dragging Linkin Park down is wrong, JayZ is becoming the head of DefJam Linkin Park, still hasnt come close to matching his success, in all the fields he excells.

Anyways back on topic ive been a top Linkin Park fan ever since One Step Closer... I hated animation and thought that Meteroa is the greaest CD since Hybrid theory. I will probably die listening to Linkin Park, i can go 24 hours easy, ive done it before. And i mean i go to sleep to it. So now that u have my back story let me say that

this CD is ok lotta songs i just dont like a few that i do...

MecaKane
12-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Jay-Z is a much better arist in his genere than LP are.
But there can't be that much difference from what LP usually are, rapping about hos and bitches, instead of rapping and screaming about pussyboy emo problems.

Jack
12-17-2004, 08:11 PM
This song is rubbish.
I mean, wheres the creativity in it at all, the mix isn't even that good. Plus, LP is really emo and it's annoying. I hope BOTH burn in the firey depths of Hell. Tbat would be a good Christmas Present, *wishes*

Dingo Jellybean
12-17-2004, 08:14 PM
It's amazing how many people in this forum is against the song. Yet iTunes and Napster tells otherwise.

LP is gaining some fans in the urban community, but at the expense of some fans in the suburban community.

If you want a real odd mix, anyone heard Elton John and 2Pac in Ghetto Gospel? It's on Tupac's "NEW" album Loyal to the Game. You have to wonder how many albums Tupac has to release before we actually believe he's alive. But Ghetto Gospel is what you call "tite". Bert can relate since he's a poser. XD

Rye
12-17-2004, 08:16 PM
Seriously, it's a pretty weird society we live in if a person makes probably 10x the amount of cash when he's dead then when he was live.

Cz
12-17-2004, 08:29 PM
It's amazing how many people in this forum is against the song. Yet iTunes and Napster tells otherwise.
Most of the world seems to adore these collaborations. According to the teens around my area, 'It's really nang, man.' :confused: It wold appear that in this case the internet community is in the minority.

escobert
12-17-2004, 09:01 PM

LP is gaining some fans in the urban community, but at the expense of some fans in the suburban community.

If you want a real odd mix, anyone heard Elton John and 2Pac in Ghetto Gospel? It's on Tupac's "NEW" album Loyal to the Game. You have to wonder how many albums Tupac has to release before we actually believe he's alive. But Ghetto Gospel is what you call "tite". Bert can relate since he's a poser. XD
:p

GhandiOwnsYou
12-18-2004, 01:17 AM
jeeb's, seems like everyone in here is sucking of linkin park's teet. I like Linkin Park, but A) Hybrid Theory is overplayed rubbish. I have the CD. I loved it for like a month. i have not put it in the mix in probably a year and a half now. it's just done, it dies. Reanimation is a GREAT disc, with some influence from techno and hip-hop that Linkin Park Sorely needed. Meteora is BETTER but still not great, compared to Hybrid Theory.

Jay-z one the other hand, is what i consider to be one of the saving graces of Hip Hop. in a world full of Nelly's and fiddy cent, we need Jayz. We need a man that could keep music music, keep it where it came from. The man was brought up with BIG. come on. And Beyonce? Beyonce can go do some more makeup commercials. she rules Destiny's child like some ridiculous diva queen, when she's supposed to be one of three equal parts. She needs JAy to balance it out. It makes sense she'd go with the only guy with balls enough to shut her down solid some times.

The music, though i haven't heard it, does intrigue me a bit. i'm willing to give it a ring. But don't go after Jay-Z as a puppet. he's his own man.

one last rant before i go. chester? he is owned by Mike Shinoda. Shinoda is a freaking genius. in every aspect of production and artistic design, the music, the direction of the projects. Shinoda can and does run anything in one of the most eduring groups around. Give him his props. Chester can pull som screamo, props to his ability to sound whiny on Cd. shinoda has him beat in nearly every arena, sorry.

Meat Puppet
12-18-2004, 02:34 AM
Hybrid Theory was indeed the only worthwhile Linkin Park album. Everything else after, I class as Stinkin Park. Get them away.

escobert
12-18-2004, 03:10 AM
Jay-z one the other hand, is what i consider to be one of the saving graces of Hip Hop. in a world full of Nelly's and fiddy cent, we need Jayz. We need a man that could keep music music, keep it where it came from. The man was brought up with BIG. come on. And Beyonce? Beyonce can go do some more makeup commercials. she rules Destiny's child like some ridiculous diva queen, when she's supposed to be one of three equal parts. She needs JAy to balance it out. It makes sense she'd go with the only guy with balls enough to shut her down solid some times.

How is Jay - Z any different then pretty much any other NY rapper? be it NaS, 50, BIG and so on.
And the man wasn't brought up with BIG ;) Nas > Jay-Z imho. :love: :love: :love:

Dingo Jellybean
12-18-2004, 03:13 AM
What's even more sad is that Bone can't make a decent album together now. Ever since Resurrection, Bizzy did his own album which was crap. Then Layzie. They just basically split apart. Flesh did his own solo album which was pretty good, back when he still had talent and when you can understand what he said. So as you guys talk about JZ, Nas, and 50...none of them compare to Bone. :)

That R&B rythmn with speed rap...no group can do it right. Outkast is okay, but nowhere near what Bone was.

escobert
12-18-2004, 03:19 AM
Illmatic is one of the most infulencial rap CDs ever mad. :p I only lie Nas because I dunno he just tells it how it is, he just raps about life and stuff liek that he doesn't go out of his way to be popular.

Dingo Jellybean
12-18-2004, 03:33 AM
Illmatic is one of the most infulencial rap CDs ever mad. :p I only lie Nas because I dunno he just tells it how it is, he just raps about life and stuff liek that he doesn't go out of his way to be popular.

It's good to see at least one rap fan here that doesn't just listen to Eminem. Bone is the only rap group that I truly love, I mean if you saw me in real life you'd never assume I'd ever listen to rap. But Bone isn't like any other rap group or artist.

They don't rap about hoes and stuff(although they USE to), their rap is much more inspirational and positive. But you've got to hear some of their raps, it's sick. Notorious THUGS is one example. They're not just mumbling either, it's hard to rap that fast and keep your words straight, but Layzie Bone always keeps it flowing. Their last CD was made in 2002, Thug World Order, I haven't listened to it yet...but I seriously doubt it'll ever beat Eternal 1999. It's probably my favorite album ever. And I prefer rock/alternative music too.

escobert
12-18-2004, 03:51 AM
Yeah same here I liek rock a lot more. I've heard Bone before, and I liked it. I just never went out of my way to get a CD. Maybe I'll dl some song later on tonight :D

Rage
12-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Linkin Park have always sucked. They didn't need jay-z to help them.

Doomgaze
12-21-2004, 01:19 AM
Ugh. Jay-Z really is not a good rapper, at all. Joseph Hahn's good, but I don't like LP outside of him.

Dingo Jellybean
12-21-2004, 03:23 AM
Ugh. Jay-Z really is not a good rapper, at all. Joseph Hahn's good, but I don't like LP outside of him.

You don't like A Hard Knock Life? Shame.

But yeah, LP might have some good songs...but they're not very talented IMO. Chester just yells too much in many of his songs.