PDA

View Full Version : Truely Happy?

Baloki
12-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Just when are you truely happy, and we're not talking that lying to yourself kind of happy, we're talking situations where you just sit there smiling and just know your happy through and through.

I am happiest when being able to watch the rain fall, have no work to do and can just sit there dreaming, maybe chat to someone, oh and nibbling on sweets, that always the icing :) I usually listen to some calming music as well, something that doesn't engage the mind, just plays :)

I don't get completely happy very often as you can tell, even though I live in England :P

Ph33r my thread making powers you punny mortals discuss this spoiler and your spamming and I will ban you or something >.> <.< Mwhahahahahahahaha Oh yeah and I won the best SS ciddie, in your faces (Not feaces as I orginally spelled it) guys! Remember stick to the topic, tell me what situation makes you truely happy!

Meat Puppet
12-16-2004, 10:14 PM
I'm happy when I've eaten and I am chilling out listening to music, or driving my car (R.I.P. :whimper:) listening to music.
And various other things that I wont go on about.

P.S. Nice spoiler.

Jojee
12-16-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm happy when I'm with my boy. And when we're not fighting, of course. ^_^

Dr.K
12-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Nowadays i don't really get 'happy' happy anymore - more kinda like, i feel just content and at peace when im in a pleasant frame of mind. Sitting in my garden at night listening to Uematsu through a discman is one of my favoured passtimes at the moment (although this isn't a daily occurence! A tad nippy out there). Going for walks in quiet, scenic places is nice as well. If asked this question a year ago i'd probably have said "oh, at some huge party!" or something, but things have changed alot.

Wuggly Blight
12-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Im rarely happy anymore, Ive nothing to be happy about these days, its a rare luxuray for me. All I feel like doing is sticking my fingers down my neck.

Mo-Nercy
12-16-2004, 10:48 PM
I'm happy when I beat someone in Initial D. :love:

m4tt
12-16-2004, 10:49 PM
I'm happy when my big fat puppy meets me at the door when I come home from work and she is all happy and stuff to see me. That's a nice feeling.

Also, I was happy when Baloki couldn't make threads. :cry:

Just kidding of course :p

Logan
12-16-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm happy when I'm about to fall asleep, but I'm still talking on the phone.

Spritz
12-16-2004, 11:00 PM
I am happiest when being able to watch the rain fall, have no work to do and can just sit there dreaming, maybe chat to someone.

Definatly that and daydream/sleep when you should be doing work. xD

Dking'squeen
12-16-2004, 11:25 PM
what makes me truly happy is being with my boyfriend, my friends because all of them can put some sort of smile on my face and cheer me up. Artifically happy when here, dom't get me wrong, i love you guys and all, but it's like when i get off, i either forget what was so funny or i don't think about it anymore. Well, on a plus side, you guys and my friends keep me from going crazy and enterig my jacket size to those guys in the big building...you know so i can acquire one of those special POLO jackets that zip up in the back. One of those. Well, my friends make me truly happy and my cousin. i think that's about it

theundeadhero
12-17-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm truly happy when I get to go home and see my friends. One on one time or in certain small groups. That may sound strane but only spending a total of 8 weeks out of the past 2 years at home you can see where I'm coming from. The happiest moments come from my friend Jeff, "Sweetpea", or Cher. I'm also truly very happy at a place I go camping at in July every year. I missed it in 2003 but this last year I had more fun than ever. Enough to make up for missing the year before.

How does it feel to be nominated as the best member of the Secret Service?

Psychotic
12-17-2004, 12:55 AM
Friday afternoon.

I am eating crisps!

Teek
12-17-2004, 12:59 AM
I'm happy when I wake up in the morning, almost always.

Faris
12-17-2004, 01:26 AM
I'm happy when i have a good laugh with my friends, when there's a power outage at school (that happend today :D ), when i come home friday afternoon, when the holidays start, missing class.... :blahblah: :D :D :D :D

Mindflare
12-17-2004, 01:35 AM
I'm happy when I'm happy. It's often completely random. Some things that inspire it, though: Falling asleep randomly, spending time with my girlfriend, spending time with my friends from home, getting a computer to work properly, and learning something really cool. Edit: Or spending time outside in the summer.

Edit: Why not?

Del Murder
12-17-2004, 01:56 AM
I am truly happy when I see true happiness in others.

fire_of_avalon
12-17-2004, 02:24 AM
I'm truly happy when I make my dad forget about all the bullcrap in his life and just make him laugh.

Crazy the Clown
12-17-2004, 02:30 AM
Happines comes in small doses.

theundeadhero
12-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Happines comes in small doses.I have been in several Faygo fights with my buddy Jeff. They do that job of making you happy quite well.

Shlup
12-17-2004, 02:42 AM
I admit it: I'm happiest when BJ's paying attention to just ME! :D

Yesterday we had a wonderful date to a new place and it was the best day I'd had in... maybe ever. *squee*

Venom65437
12-17-2004, 04:02 AM
I haven't been "truly happy" in a long time. I have periods where I feel better, but overall I'm really not happy anymore. I know a few things that would make me "truly happy" but they are all out of reach... for the time being anyway...

Oh well, now I'm sad again. :cry:

krissy
12-17-2004, 04:07 AM
every time i look into your eyes

=Angelus=
12-17-2004, 07:32 AM
When ever i'm able to make someone laugh and smile at the same time :D
or when i know a i've found a true friend

Jebus
12-17-2004, 07:35 AM
There's no such thing as "truely happy" there are just small moments of smile worthy happiness.

I get those just as I'm falling asleep.

The Captain
12-17-2004, 07:40 AM
Many people have argued the concept of true happiness: Plato, Virginia Woolf, and many others, but I think it's all on the individual. I think some can find true happiness in small things, whilst others are still searching for that perfect situation when the sublime just seems all around you and reality mixes with fantasy and your visions of happiness.

I'm one of those folks who tries to enjoy the little things and the big things equally, so I can find great joy and happiness in a wonderful, stirring conversation with someone, or in spending an evening with that special someone.

Regardless of what view you have on ever being truly happy, I think it's of the utmost importance to enjoy your life and relish every moment you have that gives you even fleeting happiness.

Take care all.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
12-17-2004, 09:54 AM
family mate! thats why i love christmas and new years

Del Murder
12-18-2004, 01:58 AM
I was anticipating Cap's reply to this topic and I am glad to see that I was not disappointed.

I just want to add that I will never be <i>truly</i> happy (by my own design), but I am happiest when I experinece the thing I previously stated.