PDA

View Full Version : Other FF1s

Martyr
12-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Well, I'm so old school that I don't even own a playstation. Or a GBA. Or a Sega Genesis. Or a color tv.

I consider myself a Final Fantasy 1 expert (Although I have been forced to admit that there are others on this particular forum who do know more about the game than me... :( )

But anyway, all my knowledge is becoming majorly obsolete. To right that problem, I am not going to go out and buy a bunch of new games and systems and all that trash.

I was wondering if anybody had links to Origins and DoS sites that talk and give information about those games like FF Classics talks and gives information about the nes version.

What I really want to see, mostly, are the translation changes. So I'm looking for quotes or screenshots of word box scenes and such.

And all I care about are Final Fantasy 1 remakes. BTW. If I wasn't clear enough.

But thanks in advance!

UltimateSpamGrover
12-17-2004, 03:34 AM
www.fforigins.com

Del Murder
12-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Try this thread out too:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=51382

Black Mage FF1
12-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Go to the FForigins/NES FAQ/message board at www.gamefaqs.com. You can get a lot of info there. You can get so much info on the games there its not even funny.

Mage_of_Fire
12-23-2004, 09:41 AM
go to www.planetnintendo.com/ff1 and look at the links. 1 that site itself has a lot of info. 2 it has links to a BUNCH of big FF sites.

Dragonfire
12-23-2004, 11:31 AM
yes www.fforigins.com or www.planetnintendo.com/ff1 = great site for what you need. also try www.rpgclassics.com *forgets the exactly FF1 link*

side note: does anyone else feel nostalgic for the 8-bit goodness of the late 80s - early 90s (depending on your country) since all these new FFs came out?

Martyr
01-02-2005, 04:10 AM
Thanks for your help!

I've got a second question, just for the record: Does anybody know why Square didn't release the old version as well as the newer versions. I mean, one of the primary reasons for this is nostalgia. PS games with SNES graphic aren't generally spectacular when considered from the big picture. Why isn't a version of the original reproduced. I mean, wouldn't it be nice to experience this "nostalgia" in it's purest form without having to buy out all the used nintendos on ebay that merely remotely work?

DJZen
01-03-2005, 02:40 AM
Because Sony would be like "wait wait..... you want to release WHAT on our console? GTFO n00B!!!!!!11111"

UltimateSpamGrover
01-03-2005, 05:58 AM
Because Sony would be like "wait wait..... you want to release WHAT on our console? GTFO n00B!!!!!!11111"

Exactly, Sony would think that Square would be :screwy:.

Erdrick Holmes
01-03-2005, 06:53 AM
They also made one for the Wonderswan, I think. I can never find the Wonderswan... anywhere.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Wonderswan never came to the US (if you live in the US, heh.)