PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

Meat Puppet
12-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Are you happy with your job? Are you pleased with the pay and hours? Do you have a job?

I just got a new job as a janitor for some freakish business tie wearing place. Janitors assistant, even. Or something. I get to wear a jumpsuit and an old man with no top teeth tells me what to do. I've been working there a week almost, and I've done mon-thurs, 9-12 but my hours will get longer I think.
It's also good because I don't have to clean myself, only floors.

It pays, but I don't have too much extra cash, if any.

I asked my uncle for a job at the bakery, but so far I can only get weekends and I want full time.

krissy
12-17-2004, 12:19 AM
im a sanitorial engineer too

havent been to work ina few days because of exams
fraaaaaankly.....sux

Logan
12-17-2004, 12:20 AM
My job is being a student and it's okay, since I have three weeks off starting tomorrow at 12:30.

(I would have a job at a cute little bookstore but they CLOSED! That was ages ago and I'm still angry >:O)

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-17-2004, 12:23 AM
I don't got a job so I can't really say.....If I had one though, I hope I would be happy!

DeBlayde
12-17-2004, 12:25 AM
I've been working for food scraps at a student job here at my university. But I have to find another one and soon because I'm no longer a student (YAY! GO ME! :D) and so I've applied at about 20 different jobs, so outta all those, I should get something. I hope. :whimper:

Dingo Jellybean
12-17-2004, 12:28 AM
I recently quit my job earlier in the semester as a cashier. At one point I was a tutor and cashier. As for being a cashier, I made $13.10/hr, 19.65/hr on Sundays, and $27/hr on holdiays. For being a tutor, I made $250 a month per child, I tutored 2 children. I hated both jobs. I was also a worker in a nursery bed, taking care of flowers for $9/hr. I hated all those jobs.

My new job will consist of delivering pizzas. I think I'll like this job more since I don't have to socialize too much.

SeeDRankLou
12-17-2004, 12:28 AM
I am a biomedical researcher. I love my job. It's stressful as all hell, but I love coming to work everyday. I don't have a scheduled time to be into work, so if I go out on a weeknight and need to sleep longer, it's not a problem. The pay is decent enough, I wouldn't mind making more, but then again who would. And I have weekends off. :D

escobert
12-17-2004, 12:29 AM
I r teh unemployed :p But, soon i'll be working at the near by ski resort making snow at night until I go back to school. And I'll be helping dad on the farm.

Jojee
12-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Dingo... are you talking American dollars? o_0 Cos' that's a HELL of a lot to get paid for a cashier...

I cashier at Taco Bell over the summer and I get $7/hr.

I work at the food commons place at my uni now, I get $7.99/hr and $8.60 on weekends, which I think is pretty good pay.

But I hate the jobs. ^_^

theundeadhero
12-17-2004, 12:33 AM
My job is a lifestyle and it's way different than my previous lifestyle. It's okay but I like my old one better. Stupid Army!

Spritz
12-17-2004, 12:35 AM
I have a Saturday job at a Tennis club, helping out the head Groundskeeper. I usually Trim the edges, mow the lawns (atleast 3+ courts every SAT) and helping out with marking the lines. Also, depending on the time of year, I help Scarify courts, adjust net height on Acrylic and Lawn courts. Put up distraction blockers on some acrylic courts and generally play 'Hit the tennis ball with the height marker' the rest of the time. xD

I get £20 every Saturday I go, not dependent on what work I do that day, aslong as I do whats asked of me. The job is nice, give sme some exercise and it's generally not that stressful, except fo rthe waking up at 6am/7am on a Saturday thing. @.@

I cashier at Taco Bell
I don't think I could ever do a job like that. I really hate fast food chain resturants. xD

I am a biomedical researcher. I love my job.
!!!!! =O That sounds liek a job I'd love.... *Finds SeeDRankLou Disguise*

Dingo Jellybean
12-17-2004, 12:37 AM
Dingo... are you talking American dollars? o_0 Cos' that's a HELL of a lot to get paid for a cashier...

I cashier at Taco Bell over the summer and I get $7/hr.

I work at the food commons place at my uni now, I get $7.99/hr and $8.60 on weekends, which I think is pretty good pay.

But I hate the jobs. ^_^

Yeah, American dollars. I was a cashier at Safeway which was part of the local 400 Union. People call me an idiot for quiting, but sometimes money isn't worth not liking your job.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Wait, yeah I have a job I tutor at school, only an hour a week so far, I get paid 7 something an hour Canadian$$$

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-17-2004, 12:54 AM
My new job will consist of delivering pizzas. I think I'll like this job more since I don't have to socialize too much.
You are quite mistaken, my friend.

Teek
12-17-2004, 12:57 AM
I'm a manager... at Taco Bell, as well. The pay sucks ($8.25/hr), but I work forty hours a week, usually netting around 72 a paycheck, which is bimonthly. Not incredible pay, usually around $1000 a month. Enough to pay the bills.

Del Murder
12-17-2004, 01:58 AM
No, yes, yes.

I am a data analyst for a drug store, but I basically do nothing all day.

theundeadhero
12-17-2004, 02:00 AM
The best summer of my life happened when I worked at taco Bell. Didn't have much to do with working there but I'll always associate them together. It did have some to do with it.

fire_of_avalon
12-17-2004, 02:15 AM
Yes, meh, yes.

I work as a Merchandising and Customer Assitant at Sears. I put out new stock, help customers find stuff, clean and fold clothes because cashiers are helpless human beings, and get yelled at by stupid, bratty people who think I have to run a register cause I work there.

I work about 40hrs/week but they won't put me on full time cause that would mean I have to get benefits. I make $6.55/hr on bimonthly pay. I make probably $870/month.

I want to work at Belk's. They get paid by commission (which I would kick butt at), and their base pay is eight freakin' dollars an hour. I'm just using Sears for the experience.

Don't tell them that.

Shlup
12-17-2004, 02:44 AM
I like my job. Doing nothing pays $0, but the hours are great.

I would like to get a new job, but I'm nervous about overloading myself with work and school like I did last Spring. That was rough. ;_;

DMKA
12-17-2004, 04:50 AM
My job is being a student and it's okay, since I have three weeks off starting tomorrow at 12:30.
Same here, cept my vacation starts after my Psychology final at 8am. :love:

Agent Proto
12-17-2004, 05:01 AM
Meh, Yes, and Yes.

I work as a "grocery stocker" at a grocery store. You may want to call them baggers. We work for tips, but often times, the money is pretty swell. I can make over $100 dollars in a day during the weekend, or on extremely busy days. During the holidays, like now, the customers are more generous with the tips, so that means mucho money.

And I work mostly on the weekends, that's why I don't post very often during Saturdays and Sundays.

Shadow Knight
12-17-2004, 08:26 AM
I work at Hungry Jacks (Burger King). REALLY bad hours. I'm probably going to move to Maccas.

The Captain
12-17-2004, 08:39 AM
Hungry Jacks is the Burger King of Australia, or is what Burger King is called in Australia?

I've had several jobs these past few years, some tougher than others, some paid much better than others, but overall I'm still trying to get a job in the business of making movies, though while very tough to get into, would be quite a lot of fun and rewarding I believe.

Take care all.

Old Manus
12-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Proffesionally unemployed.

Polaris
12-17-2004, 09:54 AM
No, I'm not happy being a student, I wanted to work already as a teacher...

Meat Puppet
12-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Hungry Jacks is what Burger King is called in Australia, because Burger King changed it's name because some fool already copyrighted it in Australia, hoping that he'd make millions when Burger King came to Australia (he assumed that they would buy the copyright) They just changed the name. Funny. That guy didn't want a job, I presume. (Or at least, that's how I know the story)

Denmark
12-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Are you happy with your job? Are you pleased with the pay and hours? Do you have a job?

yes/no, yes/no, yes/no.

depends on if student counts as a job, whether homework factors into the being happy and hours, if no pay counteracts decent hours spending with friends, and if extracurricular activities count in the hours.

radyk05
12-18-2004, 02:42 AM
imma security guard at a power sub-station. that means i get to sleep, study, watch tv, hear music and get paid. wish i worked at block buster....

DragonflyLex
12-18-2004, 02:49 AM
I have worked at a Dairy Queen for almost the last 6 months!
I get $6.50 an hour, it sucks!
But at least it's a job and it's money!

Kalen
12-20-2004, 02:27 AM
I file, and get stuff ready to be shipped. I like it pretty well.

The coolest part is that I work in a cave. ;)

escobert
12-20-2004, 02:30 AM
I have worked at a Dairy Queen for almost the last 6 months!
I get $6.50 an hour, it sucks!
But at least it's a job and it's money!
I worked at mcdonalds for 4 years. enough said. :p

DMKA
12-20-2004, 02:40 AM
I worked at mcdonalds for 4 years. enough said. :p
Wow...you're like...a god or something.

escobert
12-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Well I was God at Mcdonalds. I was the only one who knew hwo to read and could actually run grill, drive thru, and counter omfg!

theundeadhero
12-20-2004, 02:43 AM
All in all, my jobs pretty fun when I get to do what I signed up for. I run a bulldozer for the Army. Pushing dirt around with a big tractor doesn't sound that great but it's pretty fun and takes some skill. There was this one time when I was doing battle drills that I'll never forget. It was the middle of December and I was out at 2:30 in the morning knocking down 10 ft. tall dirt walls. It was so cold and I was so hungry. I couldn't use my headlights because it was combat practice and I couldn't see too far because it was really foggy. I was up their shivering my butt off listening to my stomach growl and thinking to myself, "Man, this is so fun. There's nothing else I'd rather be doing right now". Sounds crazy sure, but doing something like that is... fun.

Meat Puppet
12-20-2004, 03:09 AM
Well I was God at Mcdonalds. I was the only one who knew hwo to read and could actually run grill, drive thru, and counter omfg!

Yup. You're a god alright! And if you didn't smell like you came out of a pig truck in the morning, even better.

Leeza
12-20-2004, 04:00 AM
<b>Are you happy with your job?</b> Yes.

<b>Are you pleased with the pay and hours?</b> The pay, yes. The hours, no. I'm casual so I go in only as needed so sometimes it'll be pretty steady and then I'll get weeks where there's nothing.

<b>Do you have a job?</b> Yes. I'm a member of the Hospital Employees Union and most of my work is clerical, Accounts Payable and Receivable or producing newsletters. I'm also a Kitchen Helper, which mostly involves washing dishes and making desserts, etc. It's not boring because I'm usually doing something different everytime I get called in.