PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Draw *drools*

Doc Sark
12-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Oh my god, there are some potential classics here. Anyway I'll leave you with this, you will see me resurface around the same time the transfer window opens. *hibernates*

1. Real Madrid CF v Juventus FC (!!!!!!! Bye bye Madrid)
2. FC Porto v FC Internazionale Milano* (1-1?)
3. FC Barcelona v Chelsea FC (Clash of the titans)
4. Werder Bremen v Olympique Lyonnais (Mweh)
5. Liverpool FC v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (Quarter Final of 2002 rematch)
6. PSV Eindhoven v AS Monaco FC (The finalists should progress)
7. Manchester United FC v AC Milan (WOW!!!!!)
8. FC Bayern München v Arsenal FC (Again. WOW. Arsenal better tighten up at the back!)

NM
12-17-2004, 12:19 PM
I hope Barca beat Chelsea.

Just to see how whiney Jose Morinho is after the match. :D

As for the other game's Arsenal & Man UTD's game's have the potential to be classics. I glad Liverpool managed to avoid the really big team's we should have a good chance of making the next round. If we get a decent striker in January, that is. Oh and we get rid of Saif Diao as well. :D

tomamar04
12-17-2004, 01:55 PM
AC Milan vs Manchester United and Juventus vs Real Madrid are gonna be classics.

Cz
12-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Crap. Santa Cruz. :(

aeris2001x2
12-25-2004, 05:05 PM
hmmm...my thoughts...

1. Real Madrid CF v Juventus FC.

I agree Madrid are screwed. Juventus are definitly one of the favs to win the european cup this season. They may not have grabbed as much headlines with there attacking play like Barcelona, Milan and Chelsea, but 5 champions league clean sheets, 16 points(meaning unbeaten) and topped off by being top of seria A, It will take an almighty performance from Madrid to progress.

2. FC Porto v FC Internazionale Milano.

Hmm, i,m Glad the European champions avoided the ultimate embarssment, but i think Inter will give the same whooping it gave to Werder Bremen and Valencia. Inter can only get better this season, and Porto just dont have enough i believe, anymore, to win over two legs.

3. FC Barcelona v Chelsea FC.

Now how on earth can you call this one? This should be the matches of the season so far.

4. Werder Bremen v Olympique Lyonnais.

German against French Champions. I,d give it Lyon. They are a strong outfit, and proved it in their group (of course only Man U have beat them). Werder Bremen did well beating Valencia in the last game 2 progress. But poor league form suggests they wont go the distance with Lyon.

5. Liverpool FC v Bayer 04 Leverkusen.

The team i wanted Man U 2 play get to face Liverpool again. And while i really think Liverpool have been poor away, Liverpool should progress. Bayer of course thrased Real 3-0 at home, but league form (8th i think) shows their lack of consitancy (and how bad Real were that day) and Doc Sark should be celebrating vengence for 3 years ago.

6. PSV Eindhoven v AS Monaco FC.

PSV have no chance. I do not think they are a strong side and fancy Monaco to teach them a thing or two on how to play football.

7. Manchester United FC v AC Milan.

Ok, as a Man U fan, you must appreciate how horrified i am, considering Milan were my tips to win the whole thing. :eek: . Seriously, Rudd being out makes it even worse. If he does not recover in time...we are screwed royally. If he DOES, unless he can produce top form straight away at home, we are still screwed. Good League form may have returned, but Shevchenko will tear our defence to pieces if we are not at top form in defense. Even then, they WILL score against us. And i,m not expecting Milan to repeat that 4-0 horrorshow to Deportivo. They will want to erase such memories. we need scholes to stay on form, with Rooney giving a big performance, and a top form Rudd, to have ANY chance. I never thought i,d being saying i,d prefer Barcelona or Real. Heres praying :confused: gulp.

8. FC Bayern München v Arsenal FC.

Munchen are top again, and seem to be returning to form. But Juventus showed their frailties, so as long as Arsenal get a good goal keeper in january, and sort out their defense, they will progress.

Still, you never know in football. Ohh, this year looks like the best champions league in ages :cool: .

Polaris
12-28-2004, 10:40 AM
A draw??? You give to FC Porto a draw? It's the best one and it doesn't need Mourinho to win the Champion League... :p We'll win it again.... We'll win it again.... Real Madrid is actually pretty bad this year, yep bye bye Madrid...

gokufusionss1
12-28-2004, 11:18 AM
my main concern is still the premier leauge but with morientes up front and possibly upson coming in for hypias tired legs, we should win this one and then onwards to the final.

tomamar04
12-29-2004, 07:57 AM
Quater Finalists (in my opinion)

Juventus
Inter Milan
Chelsea
Lyon
Bayer Leverkusen
Monaco
Manchester United
Bayern Munich

2 Italian team, 2 English, 2 French, 2 German and no Spanish!