PDA

View Full Version : Get it or don't get it

Flashback007
12-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Hmm, I have been walking around with this question for ages.But I didn't recieve a very satificing answer. I am doubting if I should buy it or not. Some say that it is a good game, others think it's lame. Can you please put your pro's and againsts here? Maybe then I can deciced if I should get it or not?

xXTidusXxX2YunaX2
12-17-2004, 04:04 PM
go all out man i'm gettin for X-mas i played it before its actuallly the ff game that got me play ff1 ff2 f3 and all those titles i like it some disagree but its a new game and a new experience so yeah buy my oppingion

Emily52
12-17-2004, 04:53 PM
GET IT!!!

SeeDRankLou
12-17-2004, 09:03 PM
It's a good game. Very fun, lots of replay value. Others will disagree but don't listen to them.... :tongue: But seriously, you will probably have your own opinion about it despite what other people say, so just go ahead and get. It's pretty fun.

Necronopticous
12-17-2004, 09:21 PM
It's a good game. Very fun, lots of replay value. Others will disagree but don't listen to them.... :tongue: But seriously, you will probably have your own opinion about it despite what other people say, so just go ahead and get. It's pretty fun.
Agreed, go into it with an open mind and you'll most likely enjoy it. Don't go into it expecting Final Fantasy XIII and even worse, don't go into it expecting Final Fantasy VII-2.

YunaGirl05
12-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Get it. there are some stupid parts but other wise its awesome.

=Angelus=
12-18-2004, 01:11 AM
I've mixed feelings about it... cuz i feel you'll have to do quite a bit of work to get a completed feeling from the storyline (eg.. do missions in this way...)

but otherwise.. just get it for the dressphere changing sequence if nothing else. its promises quite a bit of fun

Lain
12-18-2004, 01:28 AM
this all funniest make game really stupid...well I guess this is the worst ff game....If you like jpop, sweet-stupid characters (like yuna and rikku) you might like it. I don't.

Del Murder
12-19-2004, 06:23 AM
With the job system it can't be totally bad. Get it if you liked X. I thought it was fun, and, more importantly, worth my money.

rubah
12-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Simple question:

Do you like Square Enix and trust them?

Were you dissatisfied with the way FFX ended?

Did you care enough about FFX to want to learn more about Spira and its people?

If you answered yes to the above questions, you may be doing well to purchase FFX-2.

that and if you like girls going around in pretty clothes all the time. That's also a big consideration.

I personally liked it. People say that it's frivolous and not as serious, but in some parts it's extremely serious and creepy. It's also a lot of fun to play:P So go for it

arylonthedancer
12-23-2004, 04:41 AM
I actually just beat X-2 today. I thought it was incredible. Like most people say, there are a few parts where I wished the dialogue was a little more serious, but X had those parts as well. Overall, it has a completely serious and thoroughly amazing story. I liked the gameplay a lot. Missions were new, but I found that they really didn't hinder play. The battle system was exceptionally nice. Back to ATB, as opposed to X's CTB. X-2's ATB is very fast however, making battles much more nerve racking, in a good way. The number one reason to buy this game however, is to see how Tidus and Yuna's story ends. If you played X, and had any feeling towards their relationship whatsoever, it is imperative that you buy this game and get either the Good or Perfect ending. X-2 was the perfect way to wrap up Tidus and Yuna's relationship. I got the Good ending, and it was so glorious.

My advice is to get this game if you liked X at all, and to give this game a chance. Play through Chapters One and Two, if you aren't intrigued by then, you don't have to finish it.

mike without a hat
12-23-2004, 07:42 PM
My advice is to get this game if you liked X at all, and to give this game a chance. Play through Chapters One and Two, if you aren't intrigued by then, you don't have to finish it.

You could also just rent it or borrow it from a friend too to see if its worth buying.

YunaGirl05
12-26-2004, 02:57 AM
it does not get as good till your like at the end of chapter 2.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-26-2004, 07:18 AM
this all funniest make game really stupid...well I guess this is the worst ff game....If you like jpop, sweat-stupid characters (like yuna and rikku) you might like it. I don't.

FFX-2 is the lamest Final Fantasy ever. (I dont even consider it a FF!) I say you skip it and get FFXI, FFX-2 seems like it was rushed, and its just the same old Spira (and dont forget the crappy music that Nobuo Uematsu didnt do!), if you want to keep your sanity, I highly suggest you DO NOT get this game.

EDIT: By the way, X-2 made me hate X which was actually a good game...

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-26-2004, 08:47 AM
It's all right. I'll probably beat it eventually which will make it worth my money. Sphere Break is annoying though.