PDA

View Full Version : Story line help

Barney
12-17-2004, 10:25 PM
It has been quite some time since i have completed Final Fantasy 7 and i have forgotten the finer details to the story so i was wondering weather anybody could just explain the story line and the relation ship between cloud, sepiroth, hojo, shinra and jenova , and the promised land. I would also appreciate it if anybody could give me some story line information about Advent Children (thats why im posting here) I only what facts about Advent children and the clones i dont want to know who the white cloaked man is yet as i like a surprise when i watch the film when it comes out. I know a lot of you will say, why dont you just play the game again but my copy is for pc and it doesnt seem to work anymore, maybe to do with windows xp, im not sure, but i am hopeing to find a ps1 copy somewhere. So please explain.
Thanks in advance :)

**Please dont post spoilers about Advent Children only spoilers for Final Fantasy 7**

mitchellmeek
12-19-2004, 11:08 AM
alright barney. basically, advent children is like final fantasy seven part2, a continuation of the storyline with the original characters
as for ffVII - SHINRA is a giant corporation that pretty much controls the world. They provide energy, are the government and the army. Basically, the world of FFVII belongs to SHINRA. they use MAKO to power cities. MAKO comes from/is lifestream (its been a while for me too :-P ) Now, there is a special combat group run by shinra called SOLDIER. Cloud thinks he was a member of soldier - that he was a partner to SEPHIROTH. However, he never made it to soldier, because he is just one of the "failed" clones of sephiroth. Sephiroth is an ancient - a CETRA (like aeris) and they are the true inhabitors of the planet. however, they are dying out, and HOJO wish's to clone them so as to enable the discovery of the PROMISED LAND - a place abundant in MAKO. JENOVA is also an ancient, and is sephiroths "mother".
The promised land is a place of supreme happiness, a place where the ancient can hear the voices of the planet (lifestream) clearly and live in peace. SEPHIROTH wants to absorb all the lifestream in the world by injuring the planet with METEOR and thus become immmortal and all powerful. HOJO wants to capture Aeris and clone her - he once experimented on her mother. INVOLVED HUH?
i think im a little fuzzy on the details, havnt played to game for so long. if im wrong, please sumbody correct me. any more questions, email me. mitchellmeek@hotmail.com
peace out people!

...im never gonna be good enough for you...

Barney
12-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Ok thank you.
Is the seperoth you have been chasing round the whole game jenova or is that just some peoples theorys?

mitchellmeek
12-21-2004, 02:14 AM
no, thats the real sephiroth as far as i know, but he is harnessing the power of jenova and using jenova on you... if that makes any sense. Its really him, but now he can ride the lifestream and stuff coz he is beoming one with jenova and the planet...
...confused...? i am! must go play ffVII again!!!
cheers and more beers!
mitchellmeek@hotmail.com

...im never gonna be good enough for you...

Barney
12-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Ok alright, Thank you. Yeah im going to reply it once i get my hands on a new working copy lol.
Thanks for your help, its much appreciated lol. :D

Fade
01-08-2005, 03:18 AM
Well, it's been a long time since I played too, but every Blockbuster I know sells the game, and your local pawn shop is likely to have a copy there too(I got my copy there for $5.) For the computer, it is porbably something to do with your graphics card. I had to downgrade mine to play on the comp (That's why I bought the PS1 one.) The Sephiroth you fight is the real one. Cloud is a clone of him. Cloud does get accepted into SOLDIER, but he get's wounded and Zack, Aeris's former love, save him. Cloud get's some of his memories somehow and that's why he goes into limbo tring to figure out who he really is. He does all the harnessing of Jenova and such and becomes all powerful (Until you kill him) SHINRA is all powerful and such, but they do have thier flaws. Most of their members are corrupt and some are doublwe agents. (Cait Sith's controller.) Anyway, that's about all I know on what you're asking about. If you need any more help, just post.

RavenFan25
01-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Cloud never made soldier. he made that up because he didnt want to return to tifa and say he was a failure.there were the 2 flashbacks of 5 years ago to niebleham. the first was on the 1st disc right after the escape from midgar, the second one when the island town collapse in the earthquake. in the second flashback, he admits it was really zack that was a member of soldier and was the one who was along side sephiroth. but it was cloud who was watching tifa outside of the reactor and who throw sephitoth and jenova into the reactor after he had wounded tifa and zack.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Actually Cloud was "absorbing" Zack's memories, but he was a little out of it when Zack rescued him from the mako Reactor. but when he falls intom the Lifestream, he starts remembering what actually happened.

meowwl
01-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Have you tried running your game in compatability mode?..might be worth a try. Right click on the icon, click properties, select the compatability tab..you can run it in earlier windows compatability, or change your display options. If that doesn't work, you can get the ps1 version from Blockbuster for under 10 bucks, if you have one nearby...replaying the game now myself..my old double sided memory card bit the dust, so all my game saves went bye bye..and it's been long enough I needed to replay it anyway.