PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X: Did It Live Upto Expectations?

Wondering Soul
12-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Final Fantasy X: Did It Live Upto Expectations?

By all means, a great game but don't you think it was lacking some of the FF magic?

I guess I will start with the good points of FF10.
1. Nobou, once again made a great soundtrack to the game.
2. It had a better love story then FF9.
3. All of the characters were great. (Apart from Rikku)
4. The sphere grid was an interesting new direction to the battle system.
5. Graphics were great
6. Voice acting add some more depth to the game.

Bad points?
1. The ending was depressing, making Tidus a dream was stupid.
2. Seymour had a terrible exit to the game.
3. The game was too repetive. Run through this field to this building. Run through this field to this boss. Repeat about 15 times, throw in a few puzzles and that was the game.
4. No world map. The airship just selected where you wanted to go.
5. You couldn't return to ANY areas until the end.
6. Serious LACK of Aeons.

Lon611
12-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Final Fantasy X actually surpassed my expectations. i was hoooked after the opening scene.

u think rikku is a better character than kimahri? :confused:

making tidus a dream was genius because it brought the summoning into a much larger scale. sorta like how the matrix is to reality. you have cpu programming, and then u have it on a much larger scale ie, the matrix. same case. u have summoning aeons, and then u have it on a much larger scale, ie dream zanarkand and tidus. :D

i never found myself "running around" mindlessly as you say. thats just imho tho.

did u get the secret aeons?maybe thats why u think there are so few. the secret ones really kick ass. ;)

Emily52
12-18-2004, 05:25 PM
3. All of the characters were great. (Apart from Rikku)

What's wrong with Rikku??

UltimateSpamGrover
12-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Rikku was too hyper, I even thought Eiko was less annoying than Rikku.

12-18-2004, 09:18 PM
you know, i just realized that everything you have to say is negative...even your picture tells me that, ultima.

nugun
12-18-2004, 09:49 PM
with all the changes that go into each new game can u really expect any specific thing?

Del Murder
12-19-2004, 07:28 AM
It did not live up to my expectations, but it was good.

Deacan
12-19-2004, 10:04 AM
#Combat was far to slow, and very easy
#The minigames far to tidious and boring, Blitzball is fun for the first 30 games then its just a huge snore. Chocobo,Lightning and butterflys, sweet jesus please never put games like these in anuther Final fantasy.
#Story was far to linear, you had no freedom untill right to the end of the game. I loved in Final fantasy 8 just going from town to town playing the best mini-game ever, Cards!
#No Map!
#Rikku, just shut up please 'nuff said.
#sphere grid system was great at the start, when everyone was unique, but that started the fade once everyone else started using other peoples grids, then that unique flavor was lost
#And we had no epic limitbreak! gah i used to loved a swet Omnislash or Lionheart, Blitzace was boring and attack reels, while nice and powerfull had a boring animation.

But i did like the graphics,Wakka and music.
:)

Behold the Void
12-19-2004, 10:45 AM
I rather enjoyed Final Fantasy, not because of the resemblances to other Final Fantasies but because of the differences. The sphere grid was an interesting system that I did not mind, I liked the characters (yes, even Rikku), and the plot was quite good. It wasn't mind blowingly good like, say, Xenogears, but it was a good game. My real qualm was that it was a bit too easy, but that wasn't so bad in the long run since I got to progress through the story without difficulty.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-20-2004, 09:40 AM
you know, i just realized that everything you have to say is negative...even your picture tells me that, ultima.

me? negative? get outta here :lol:

EDIT: by the way, you dont mind if I sig that?

ScottNUMBERS
12-22-2004, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=it was a good game. My real qualm was that it was a bit too easy.[/QUOTE] if your talking about final fantasy x you obviously havent faced penance :(

WarZidane
12-22-2004, 07:15 PM
I liked FFX, it exceeded my expectations.
The sphere grid was just the best level-up system ever IMO, even though the freedom it gives you is limited in the end.
And about the world map: who cares, i have yet to see any game on the PS2 having a world map like VII, VIII and IX had. :p
And i didn't mind Rikku that much.

mike without a hat
12-22-2004, 08:12 PM
no it didnt
i didnt like the characters, auron was only slightly ok but the rest were terrible
the map was ok but was kid of restricting
not enought freedom at the beginning of the game
i felt like i needed to rely on the aeons too much
the game felt shorter and easier than others
mediocre side quests
story line was ok
sphere grid was an interesting approach, i have no problem using it, but the locks were pretty annoying at times

plus the whole dieing but not 'dead' thing was really stupid

JayDee
12-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Worst FF ever!!!

End of story

Yuffie514
01-10-2005, 07:26 AM
i was mad that there were certain magic spells i couldn't use, such as wind.

Peek
01-10-2005, 08:09 AM
I'll just name a few pros and cons that I can think of right now.

~PROS~
*Excellent graphics and sound.
*Sphere Grid; after a while you can make your characters the way YOU want them.
*Blitzball; though most say it's an extremely disapointing side-game, can you think of an FF with a mini-game that's just as playable?
*The voices; the animation was at some points pathetic, but the voices themselves were groovy.
*Break Damage Limit!

~CONS~
*Again, the voice animation.
*Too short, and a somewhat childish storyline.
*As Wondering Soul said, the 'going-through-game' aspect was kind of stupid, there was really no freedom, or different paths to take. For example go a different way for a possible storyline variation. Just go through one town, watch a story, battle a boss, solve a puzzle, do it all again, until you get the airship.
*Chocobos were somewhat ruined in this episode, I don't know why, but they just don't appeal to me any more like FFVII's did.
*The title screen! When I first loaded it, I thought it was a godamn demo..the way they promote their site and call it "The Final Fantasy X project".
*Some of the sigils/crests were just not worth it to get, for example Lulu and Wakka's.
*Far, far too easy. Don't mistake easy for time consuming, it takes a long time to capture all the monster arena monsters, but it's not difficult to do.
*The fact that it has far more cons than pros.

Wuggly Blight
01-10-2005, 04:44 PM
It totally failed me, to me its the worst ff EVER but then I expect more, having played it a long time.

~Pro's~
*Summon system
*Battle Theme
*Races
*FMV quality

~Cons~
*Soundtrack, Most wasnt Nabaou and it was god awful, the same three flat songs remixed 7 times over.
*Liniar to the extremes
*Short
*Lack of back up story and character building
*Rikku
*Repetive
*Short bland Story
*Tidus
*Chocobo feature was butured
*Blitzball
*Lack of RPGing, and towning.
*Lack of sidequests
*Voice acting
*The god awful sequal
*Characters was annoying
*Villains was very poor
* The cloister of Trails.... GRRRRR
*Easy
*Childish
*Predictable

Swordmaster
01-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Have you ever noticed that in the FFX series they never say Tidus' name??? Square enix were waaaaaaaaaay too lazy to do stuff that they did in the graphic-lacking ff games

P.s Rikku Sucks more than a vacuum

alexholker
01-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Have you ever noticed that in the FFX series they never say Tidus' name??? Square enix were waaaaaaaaaay too lazy to do stuff that they did in the graphic-lacking ff gamesAs has been said before, this was so you could name him at the start. It would be next to impossible to have the characters saying a user-defined name.

P.s Rikku Sucks more than a vacuum*shrugs* I quite liked her.

Wuggly Blight
01-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Rikku should of never been brought into the world, alot of n00bs need to know its not called Rikky fantasy and there are other characters then IT, abort her, ABORT!

rubah
01-12-2005, 01:31 AM
rikku is cool though. the rest of the characters are all like. *stand around looking solemn*

*more standing*

*say something about the importance of defeating sin*

*remain standing*

Whereas rikku *BOUNCES* and besides, she can steal. stealing is t3h cool.