PDA

View Full Version : Is this gonna be a hard and fun game?

One winged angel of death
12-18-2004, 04:40 PM
Is this game gonna be really hard and fun, or is it gonna be easy and boreing and last us only a couple of weeks/months etc? I sure hope not! dose anyone else have any ideas?

yo momma
01-01-2005, 11:05 PM
No idea it isn't out yet we know just as much as you

-N-
01-02-2005, 06:27 AM
I don't know! Why don't you play it? :p

One winged angel of death
01-02-2005, 03:16 PM
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS IT GONNA BE HARD OR PUZZELING!! It's a prediction...... :( i worried about some people....

Lich3636
01-07-2005, 03:58 PM
eh based on some recent crappy ones *coughFFx-2Cough* im not getting overly worked up about this im burrying myself in ffx1 to keep my mind off this

UltimateSpamGrover
01-08-2005, 02:47 PM
eh based on some recent crappy ones *coughFFx-2Cough* im not getting overly worked up about this im burrying myself in ffx1 to keep my mind off this

I'm not looking forward to FFXII or this (because of FFX and X-2) , I just hope it's a decent game, let alone challenging.

nords2
01-11-2005, 09:36 PM
I don't know that a challenging game can/will be made again. There just isn't enough money in it. Games need to be challenging enough to not be "easy" but other than that you want your consumer to finish the game and buy a new one as quickly as possible. You definitely do not want to discourage the gamer. That would push them away from your franchise or product. So, who knows what will happen. I personally hope I am wrong, but I will not know for a long time. ( I no longer purchase a game until I can get it for $20 or less) So I have a bit of a wait.

Cless
01-14-2005, 06:04 AM
I don't think this game will be overly hard. It may be actually slighty easier than the average action game. Why? Because, to the final fantasy audience, the story takes precedence.

In a normal FF, hardness can be overcome by power-leveling. Therefore as long as you put the time in, you will eventually be able to beat any boss (regardless of "skill"). In an action game, while you do get better, if you are hopeless at this kind of game in the first place, you may not get much better.

For example:

Cloud's HP can go up practically as you want it to. However, the same cannot be said for your reactions, timing and your fingers manual dexterity. Well, not in the short-term anyway.

So, as this game's story is VERY important and I think most FF'ers will be interested in it. Square Enix won't make it overly hard to avoid alienating some of their userbase who may not be used to playing many action games. Thus they won't deprive them of the story. There will probably be difficulty settings anyway and perhaps a leveling system.