PDA

View Full Version : Heros

Spritz
12-18-2004, 10:08 PM
There are alot of differnt heros around these days. We see them in movies, TV and occasionally the kind hearted citizen on our news bulletins.

But what makes a Hero? What type of hero do you like, in movies and such? Can you see yourself doing something heroic?

...on the flipside; can you see yourself being a villan? =o

http://www.menstuff.org/books/covers3mag/hero.jpg
This thread is sponsored by 'Hero' magazine... kidding... but not really.

Del Murder
12-18-2004, 10:20 PM
The Captain is my hero.

Doors
12-18-2004, 10:34 PM
I like any hero that isnt starred by an American(Especially Arnold Fartshenegger *vomit*)

Fuzakeru
12-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Proto is my hero. He drew anime on Myles's and my Christmas Card. :love:

StarlightAngel
12-18-2004, 10:37 PM
I don't really have a hero. Hero's are really just 'perfect' people. But if I was a villian.... I'd probably be like my character Min. :D

Meat Puppet
12-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I'll go with the Captain.

Demon eye
12-18-2004, 11:48 PM
Ya know we are sortta like heros right???

escobert
12-19-2004, 12:24 AM
But what makes a Hero? What type of hero do you like, in movies and such? Can you see yourself doing something heroic?

...on the flipside; can you see yourself being a villan? =o
I dunno someone who is smart, strong, nice, helpful all that good stuff. Heros suck. Nope. Yes, I've decided that if I was in that sort of situation I would mostlikely be a villan since it's the much easier of the two pathes.

The Captain
12-21-2004, 05:47 AM
This thread goes well with Unne's thread on bravery in EoEO.

I think heroes can essentially be anyone who rise above what would normally be expected and do it not because they want the credit for it, but because they must.

Take care all.

Cless
12-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Hero's are really just 'perfect' people.
I disagree.
In a story, I think the best hero's are the one's with with a major flaw or a tragic past. I find super "perfect" heros are harder to like because they are harder to empathise with, therefore, feel any sort of emotion for them.

theundeadhero
12-22-2004, 11:57 AM
"Did you ever know that your my hero.
Your everything that I want to be."

I wish we had music note emoticons since I quote so many songs.

Shlup
12-22-2004, 12:06 PM
I think a hero is someone who will do things that someone benefits from other than themselves.

Xander
12-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Fuzakeru is my hero for reasons I shouldn't mention on a family forum. ^_^

Craig
12-22-2004, 06:39 PM
After 3 days of playing Spider-man 2 i'm gonna that a Hero is someone who is self sacrificing for others, and gives people hope and someone to look up to.

Mr. Graves
12-22-2004, 10:20 PM
I'm a hero, when I'm in the mood. I'm also a villian, when I'm in the mood.

Rye
12-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Christopher Reeves. Man, I can't believe that it wasn't mentioned.

Also, Spongebob is my hero, just for being able to do that awesome insane laugh (dayayayayaya~) :)

DarknessFromAbove
12-22-2004, 10:30 PM
. . . I'm too crazy to be a hero. . . I'm a villain. Mwahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhah!!!!!!!

The Amazing Spiderman
12-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Well....I once saved a cousin from drowning on a pool, well...if it wasn't me, it could any other member of my family, so yeah.

Heroes for me are people that challenges their fears, or aren't afraid and have the will to do something unexpected, and risk anything valious to them for one reason, or a person.

Also...

There's no ultimate villain, or enemy...it just happen as time passes. There are just different points of view.

I learend that from The Boss. :D

=Angelus=
12-24-2004, 04:07 AM
Heroes Never die!!!
....they can be revived at your altar of Kings! :D WC3 basics

i think Sam from Lotr makes a good hero.. hes like an example to what even the little folks can aspire to be.. honest... kind.. but most of all, the willingness to help others in need even at the cost of oneself

YunaGirl05
12-24-2004, 04:08 AM
Heroes Never die!!!
....they can be revived at your altar of Kings! :D WC3 basics

i think Sam from Lotr makes a good hero.. hes like an example to what even the little folks can aspire to be.. honest... kind.. but most of all, the willingness to help others in need even at the cost of oneself

totally agree.

kikimm
12-24-2004, 04:19 AM
Heros...I think anyone can be a hero. And I don't think you have to do anything heroic, for the masses, to be one. Just by donating to a charity, or fighting off bullies for someone, you can be a hero.

I also believe that heros aren't perfect. If they're perfect, they aren't human. But....I think maybe a hero is smeone who knows right from wrong, and takes the "right" path more often than the wrng, when it comes tp helping people. I heard aout this man, once, who had somehow fallen into the ocean. he was drowning, and everyone was standing on the bridge, watching, and horrified. But one man actually thought of saving this drowning person. So he jumped in rescued him, all that good stuff. That's a hero. Taking that initiative. I hope that if I'm ever in a situation like that, I'll follow after that man's example.

:D

Kirobaito
12-24-2004, 04:20 AM
Arche is my hero.

Dking'squeen
12-24-2004, 04:36 AM
you guys are my heroes
:love:

=Angelus=
12-24-2004, 04:46 AM
you guys are my heroes
:love:
Aww.. thats so sweet...
now can someone spare me 200 gold to revive my paladin Uther the lightbringer? :D

Fuzakeru
12-24-2004, 04:53 AM
:spin: KIROBAITO IS MY HERO!! :spin:

^_^ He listens to awesome music and he's a cowboy. Teh Win, kthnx.

muchacho
12-24-2004, 05:39 AM
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS, HE CAN BE YOUR HERO BABY!!!!!!!!!!