PDA

View Full Version : Lets get Cynical

Master Quan
12-18-2004, 10:26 PM
In this thread we make snide comments about things that get us pissed off.

Today: FORUM TALKING

Here's something that really get me pissed off, y'know when you go to the trouble of typing out a long post, filled with accurate and grammatically sound text, and then some oaf comes from no-where, I'm guessing Utah, and comes out with some crap like

"cn anywun, tel mewher i can finda piccs of th new FFGAme, PS WOOT! WO!OT WOOT! THIS GME ROX!!!!"L> WOOT! LOL!"

I mean for god's sake if it was important enough to be worth posting about, perhaps you could take the time to check that you'd actually used english. I'm not saying right in complete perfect sentances, but the occasional accurate word would do.

Like the difference between

"cn anywun, tel mewher i can finda piccs of th new FFGAme, PS WOOT! WO!OT WOOT! THIS GME ROX!!!!"L> WOOT! LOL!"

and

"can anyone tell me where i can find pics of the new FFgame, Ps from the soundz of this game, it going to rock/

you see? occasional mispelled word, but overall readable.

Del Murder
12-18-2004, 10:30 PM
I get irked when people make subtle insulting remarks towards others, like, say, the people of Utah. So let's not do that any more. Thanks!

Fuzakeru
12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
I also agree. It's rather annoying when I post ( usually at other forums and not here ) and that's the response. For the most part, people here at EoFF are smart enough to get at least half their posts right.

Also, be on the watch out for post like, "YES DAT MAEKS MEES MADDE 2 MAN I NOW WHIT U R TAKIN BOOT." out of sarcasm. :<3: I'm watin' for 'em.

Ryth
12-18-2004, 10:53 PM
That is annoying, very. Also what else in forums annoy oh yeah,spam, flaming, generic topics or is that spam as well? Also double posting when the poster knows there is an edit button (newbies don't count), being called or others calling others n00bs except in some cases.

Meat Puppet
12-18-2004, 11:33 PM
i h8 it when peepz make teh fun of muh hat

NM
12-19-2004, 12:11 AM
So called leet speak is what winds me up the most.

I can cope with the odd bit here and there, but when some moron types every word using ascii characters, I just don't see the point. I mean it must take more time and effort to do it that way than just use proper English words.

Oh and the other thing is people who post this kind of crap, as already mentioned.

"YES DAT MAEKS MEES MADDE 2 MAN I NOW WHIT U R TAKIN BOOT."

BTW i'm just using these as example's i'm not having ago at the people who posted them, before anyone thinks I am.

Why do people do it? Look i'm using the internet and I can act like a brain dead illiterate monkey, arn't I cool!!

It isn't really a proplem here but if you've ever been to the Atari forums it's all over the place.

Ah. I feel better now. :D

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Hmmm.... I am kinda new (hope the colliliqual word ddidn't piss anyone off (sp??)), actually been here for a month, that's not my point. yeah, I hate it when I have to take an extra 10 minutes out of my life to deciffer what people say, I mean this as life in general.

(sorry about spelling mistakes I am a little rusty, *note to self: Write more often*)

Thunday Man
12-19-2004, 01:23 AM
I hate it when people like me post in threads.

Ryth
12-19-2004, 02:01 AM
I hate it when people like me post in threads.

Me too (joking)

Also the sex up stuff Thunday puts up which makes me feel unhappy.....

Jojee
12-19-2004, 05:25 AM
I hate jerks who make spiteful comments to you when you're trying to get along with them. ^_^

DMKA
12-19-2004, 05:48 AM
I hate jerks who just qoute someone and make it their post without adding anything else.

Casey
12-19-2004, 06:11 AM
Bob:I dont know what pisses me off.
Boob:Me either..

I tend to skip peoples' commets that are like that. Doesnt piss me off, just... yeah. :)

Calliope
12-19-2004, 06:50 AM
I hate it when bastards justify sweatshops by saying that without them, the poor people who work there would have no employment at all.

*twitch*

Meat Puppet
12-19-2004, 06:57 AM
I hate myself.

Just kidding. I hope I wont mind.

Calliope
12-19-2004, 07:00 AM
I hate very few people. The rest, I've already killed.

XxSephirothxX
12-19-2004, 05:23 PM
I hate run-on sentences and horrible, horrible grammar. Sadly, 99.8% of what I read is made up of that. Can't people at least attempt to be intelligent? :mad:

Sephex
12-19-2004, 05:34 PM
I just don't like it when people do 7331 speak.

Doors
12-19-2004, 05:39 PM
7331 speak?

The weather pisses me off.It is snowing like the 5th time this week :/
It comes down in the night and melts in the day.http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.giftiness :/.

Ryth
12-19-2004, 09:24 PM

7331? I thought it was 1337 talk.

Mr. Graves
12-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Translation: Teel.

People who are against the internet, over stupid reasons such as "Oh, it's tearing people away from real communication. More anti-social hobos who burden society are materialing in society today, all because of the internet." all because of a few negative experiences, even though, from what I've seen, people in general are just as talkative as before the Internet became a part of society. Also, people who blame the internet for stalkers coming to their front door instead of themselves for posting their addresses in LJ (or elsewhere on the internet).

People who're shallow and untrustworthy, but I think everyone feels that way.

theundeadhero
12-20-2004, 01:37 AM
from what I've seen, people in general are just as talkative as before the Internet became a part of society.Actually, the internet provides more of an opportunity to talk. Not only do people still talk in the real world, they also sociolize here. With a broader variety of people too. If anything, it's good becuase it gives people more to talk about in the real world and a place to talk about things no one would care to listen too out there. I think it promotes communication.

YunaGirl05
12-20-2004, 04:07 AM
when there are more lurkers then members.

RSL
12-20-2004, 04:10 AM
I get irked when your favorite teams makes a miraculous drive to almost tie the game with 8 seconds to go and then misses the extra point to lose by one.

Sephex
12-20-2004, 04:25 AM
7331? I thought it was 1337 talk.

Yeah, that's it. I don't do it, so I have no clue how to type it.

Master Quan
12-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Firstly, great rant everyone. Secondly I wasn't trying to offend the people of Utah (Wherever the hell that is...) (I'm joking!!) Its just If you knew me in real life (lets be thankful you don't) you'd know that I make fun of everyone. EVERYONE. It is my calling, if indeed mocking can be so called. Sometimes people have to be on the wrong end of things, I mean for god's sake we'd all have forgotten how to laugh had it not been for the Irish! (kidding!)

On to the real meat...

What really pisses me off is when people OVER react. I mean to quote one example, I went into a forum and I over looked a plea for help from this fellow, who's game had screwed. I then looked at the response and I saw this...

Original post "Hey this is a really gay problem, can anyone help..etc. etc.

Response "Shut up you ****, I happen to know a lot of gay people. Why don't you go **** yourself instead of ******* taking the piss out of people who are my ******* friends?! P.s. **** you."

Needless to say I was disgusted. I'm not a homophobe, and on the other hand, I don't know any one who is gay. But GAY as an adjective is widely accepted as a word that means, "Gracious this ___ is behaving rather http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gife".

That also doesn't mean you have the right to shout out things that could be concieved as nasty, every ten seconds.

ALSO....

I really hate people who have to swear at every other word. I mean, I don't know if you have them in America or in other parts of Europe, Africa (or any where else in the world), but in Britain (God bless *wipes away tear*) there are such people who are arseholes.

They go by many names
-Chav (plural term)
-Pikey(s)
-Townie(s)
-Any other degrading term that comes to mind.

They are distinguishable by their elevated hats (nike, adidas, nickelson you get the idea and generally they aren't the sharpest tools in the box)

but it seems they cannot go for ten seconds with out spouting so many swearwords, it'd make the maladicta society blush.

FINALLY

It really get's my goat when people use euphamisms.

GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!!

bakabakabaka
12-28-2004, 12:28 AM
TOTALLY agree!!!
the uk sucks!!! ;)
i work with someone who can't keep a sentance up without swearing...its sad
young people of today. IN MY DAY!! *waliks off mumbling like an old lady*

plus the whole shrothand writing?? it really annoys me!!
my sister does it all the time! i don't understand WHAT shes saying and its bad from her english!!!
i know i can't spell i have problems (i'm special *said in ralph wiggum style*) but at least i try!!

Thunday Man
12-28-2004, 12:30 AM
this thread will not die :(

Citizen Bleys
12-28-2004, 02:16 PM
What pisses me off is seeing this thread, thinking that Zui Quan (http://www.animetalk.org/member.php?u=150) had joined EoFF, and then finding out that it's all a horrible, horrible lie.

Rye
12-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Also, people who blame the internet for stalkers coming to their front door instead of themselves for posting their addresses in LJ (or elsewhere on the internet).

Oh god, I hate that. My family is just like that. They're all like "Omgz the internet is the raping kiddoz."

I absolutly hate it when people say a talented singer has no talent just because they dislike their song. I hate the opposite too, when people say someone with no talent is talented because they have one semi-catchy song (Lindsay Lohan *cough*)

theundeadhero
12-28-2004, 06:24 PM
When someone who has never touched a drug calls anyone who has a junkie in their ignorance.

bakabakabaka
12-28-2004, 06:31 PM
i hate it when people catorgarise others into music tastes..
like at school only certain people could hang out together depended on what they like...
i was totally into heavy metal (pantera!!) so i hung out with the metalers but i loved FF so i also hung out with the "nerds" but i also was into drama...etc. i didn't fit in!!!so i felt poo at school
i wish we could all get along no matter what you're into

Master Quan
12-28-2004, 08:47 PM
1) I hate It when people just sit there telling people their opinions when its obvious no-one could care less, I mean what are they so full of themselves that they seem to think their opinion matters?

Now seriously...

Don't you hate it when Technology screws?

It happens to me all the time. I buy a new fangled peice of kit for my PC, in the mildly entertained hope that it might work with Bf:1942 (oh dear, what was I thinking?) I install it, and nope, doesn't work.

CRITICAL ERROR 66564563564656576676576876587867676878468787687676876587

YOU HAVE DISPLEASED, DARK LORD BILL GATES.
BUY NEW RADEON, GIGA x version 787y5.oph VIDEO CARD OR FACE THE VAST WRATH OF MY MIGHTY "ILLEGAL ACTION CRAP" WINDOW.

rundlltime00012 .P.S. MWAHHAHAHA!

I mean it's like you buy top of the line PC, you go to walk out of the store, "Oh I'm sorry sir that piece of kit is now obsolete."

Or the ****ing IBM execs.
"Well here's my marketing scheme....the New -(insert stupidly long name here)-, now 0.0000000000009865476% percent faster!

It makes me sick.

Dking'squeen
12-28-2004, 08:52 PM
i hate it when people put music into two categories :white music and black music
it's stupid, racist in my opinion and makes me want to hit the person who says it
I don't like it when my stupid computer decides to shut down or tell me about this error report that even after i fix it it still pops up

UltimaLimit
12-28-2004, 10:00 PM
DISCLAIMER: I'm not racist, nor am I saying everyone's like this, just trying to call it how I see it, blah blah blah.

I hate it when black kids go around like, "Sup n***a" and "yo n***a, you see dat fight, dat n***a got BEAT!" But then if a white guy says "n***a", he gets jumped by 162 righteous black people.

I'm not justifying the white guy saying "n***a"; that was wrong. What I'm criticizing is the black guys who call each other "n***a" and then jump that white guy. Come on, now, if you don't like that word, then don't http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifing say it. Get a thicker skin, or better yet, just abandon the word altogether.

Again, not saying EVERY black person says "n***a", because I know there are many African Americans smarter than that. But those kids who say it piss me off.

(P.S.: Yes, I realize there are some in this forum who say "n***a". To you, I suggest going to the third link in my sig and checking what I have to say about it there.)

Dking'squeen
12-28-2004, 10:09 PM
i agree with teh above post

Tanwen Strife
12-28-2004, 11:47 PM
WHAT I REALLY HATE IS PEOPLE WHO SEEM TO FORGET THAT THE CAPS LOCK CAN ACTUALLY BE TAKEN OFF AND THAT READING IN CAPITALS IS MUCH HARDER TO DO AND SO TAKES LONGER AND IN THE END NO ONE CAN BE BOTHERED TO READ WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

I also hate people who shout/laugh at me when I make a spelling or gramatical mistake. I have dyslexia and sometimes I don't notice, a quiet 'hey it should be...' is constructive, but not a 'look at this girl, she's so stupid, lets all gang up on her and tell her too go to a special school' STUPID FUC.... okay I have issues. But excessive l337 sp33k and text language does do my nut in. The occasional lol or what have you is fine, but 'u'? the letters are right there next to each other. ow much longer will it take? I came to read, not to discyper.

Dr.K
12-28-2004, 11:52 PM
When someone who has never touched a drug calls anyone who has a junkie in their ignorance.

Sooo true. Im not a user myself, but when someone like, sees drug users as some kind of different species, people who live in a different realm. Makes you wonder where they get that kinda view from? Guess the stance on drug education doesn't help - "dont touch drugs...if you do...er...you're an alien". Hmm, nice.

Mindflare
12-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Unhappy people. People who get upset at what is normally an inconsequentialthing. Or at least what should be inconsequential. Overreactive people, basically.

Trumpet Thief
12-29-2004, 12:00 AM
Trowa: God I hate it when people start talking with split personalities on these boards...

Rubedo:...Wait.

Dking'squeen
12-29-2004, 12:05 AM
Trowa: God I hate it when people start talking with split personalities on these boards...

Rubedo:...Wait.

:lol:

theundeadhero
12-29-2004, 12:05 AM
er...you're an alien
...but I am an alien. :alien:
I don't use them anymore but you still have the same perspective on it. It's like a a person decides to go shark hunting and needs advice on the best things to wear. A professional shark hunter says wear this "x". Someone who once watched a movie on hunting sharks recommends this "y". Lets go with "y", this guy knows what he's talking about.

12-29-2004, 01:30 AM
wow you guys are really letting it all out, arent you?

Dking'squeen
12-29-2004, 01:50 AM
wow you guys are really letting it all out, arent you?

yup, you should too

i don't like it when people do nothing but *word for female dog* and whine! When they just complain about every little thing *it's too cold it's too hot, oh my god that's too much work* i can't stand it, in school, the 'chicks' in my class do nothing buy whiine and i just want to slap them

Itsunari 2000
12-31-2004, 10:18 PM
I resent people who ridicule individual ambition ...

... and racists ... with a vengeance ...

DMKA
01-01-2005, 05:09 AM
I resent people who ridicule individual ambition ...

... and racists ... with a vengeance ...
Oh gawd, yes.

I hate far too many things to list here. Mainly people who hate people for illogical reasons.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-01-2005, 05:29 AM
I hate when people nag saying your in a rush when your not and they keep on going slow down! I just wanna *violent thoughts*. Also I hate it when people give you a label by the way you act. Or when someone calls you names (I know the last two are very similar), it's like they are overprojecting their own flaws. I hate it when I point out people's flaws to my self, I feel like a hypocrite, but then I point out the flaw in my self, or another flaw in my self to balance the act.(I love being a contradiction, most times atleast)

UltimaLimit
01-02-2005, 12:03 AM
I hate it when I point out people's flaws to my self, I feel like a hypocrite, but then I point out the flaw in my self, or another flaw in my self to balance the act.(I love being a contradiction, most times atleast)No matter how hard we try, we are all hypocrites in some small way or another. For example, hearing people singing along with my favorite songs makes me want to bash their faces into something hard, and yet I sing along all the time. (To my credit, I'm usually alone when I sing.) Anyway, as long as we don't let our hypocrisies get out of control, it's OK. *bashes somebody's face* Oops. See what I mean?

Master Quan
05-28-2005, 04:03 PM
I hate it when people are so deluded under the belief that they are right, that they will not even listen to counter arguement, or when accurate counter arguements are provided they reason their arguments by incrementing something completely unrelated, or when they use counter arguments they defeat the points they made previously, I also hate it when people who are losing an argument, nitpick grammer out of other peoples posts.

I also hate with a passion people who use the argument, "you don't know it is/isn't."

Or people who try to reason their argument with physics or logic, when the subject of most arguments (FF) is illogical and can clearly not apply with our laws of physics.

Grr...

Ko Ko
05-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Oh please. I resent everything.

eestlinc
05-28-2005, 04:40 PM
please don't dig up old old threads.