PDA

View Full Version : A quick question, if someone could answer it

feioncastor
12-19-2004, 05:20 AM
After this is answered, go ahead and lock the thread because I'm just curious. That is, if you want to lock it. I don't really care. . .

While in Target, I was browsing through the FF DoS strategy guide and I noticed a screenshot of the party fighting what appeared to be "Chupon" from Final Fantasy VI. I think his name was "Typhoon" in this game, though.

Does anyone know if Chupon and Typhoon are related, and if so, does that mean that Ultros is a character in FF DoS?

Feion

Garland
12-19-2004, 05:46 AM
In the new dungeons, you fight a myriad of nostalgic boss battles. For instance, the back of the box shows FF1 characters fighting Gilgamesh - an obvious nod to FFV. I believe Ultros is one of the fanservice boss battles you encounter.

DJZen
12-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Chupon was the name Ted Woolsey decided to give the character whose Japanese name was originally Typhoon. They are one and the same. In fact, they even tried to correct this in FFVII but they even got it wrong there by spelling it "Typon".

abrojtm
12-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Yes, you fight 4 bosses each from FFIII-FFVI in the optional dungeons they include: The four fiends of FFIV, One-Eye (FFIII), Cerberus (FFIII), Gilgamesh, Omega, Shinryuu, Chupon, Ultros, Doomgaze, and a few more that I don't remember.

Halenite
12-20-2004, 05:32 PM
One was FFVI's Phantom Train.