PDA

View Full Version : dreams

louby_4eva
12-19-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm really bored and want to put off doing accounts hwk for as long as possible so decided to make a thread.

I had this weird dream a while ago, I was walking down to school and got near a field, i looked across the field and up into the sky and noticed a cloud shaped like a horse, then it came riding towards me with Link (from Zelda) on it, so he was chasing me around this field, there were these big pink bubbles appearing and that's all I remember, I'm sure summet else happened with a rock slide. Anyway, just wanna hear other ppl's dreams, the weirder the better.

Dking'squeen
12-19-2004, 04:02 PM
well now that u mention it, i had this crazy dream that Eminem was trying to kill me and my cousin. We were in this house and i escaped, but i had to go back for my cousin, so i went back into the house in the front door. Janay was near the door hiding behind the coat rack while Em was trying to pull my sister from teh cabinet. I said, "come on nay" and we ran, leaving my sister. Well i went to hide behind this trailer when Em came after me starting to circle the vehicle and then he went back inside. I ran across this dark field that looked like something from Poo World in KH *acres something or something acres* and ended up in this house with some early 60's theme. Well, i ended up getting dragged into some house where this old lady was supposed to be *she was there in this other dream that i had had like a week earlier* but she wasn't there, so i went outside. There were these monsters like mini behemoths *from FF* chasing after me, so i ran back to the house, but the front doot was locked and i came in through the back window. that old lady was there i said, "Hey, there are some things out there trying to kill me" and she said, "oh really now. Close the window" i did, but after i did i rememebred that she had tried to kill me before so i tried to get it back open but she was already on me. So out of no where i produced this...like.....arrow or soemthing and stabbed her than i went to the front door with a bow and arrow and started shooting those monsters....then i woke up...people were in my house....Marcel a boy from down the street came in with a water gun and laughed and sprayed me int th face...and then i really woke up,

that was long....i need to stop ahving these dreams..:D

Captain Maxx Power
12-19-2004, 04:05 PM
At a very basic level, I have three types of dream:

1. End of the world dreams
2. Premenition Dreams
3. Wierd dreams

End of the world dreams are what they sound like, end of the world stuff. So far I've had several planets appearing, causing earth's gravity to reverse, the sun turning to red then exploding, the ground falling apart etc. etc. It's usually quite grandoise, hollywood blockbuster stuff, but no where as enjoyable when your on the receiving end :mad:

Premenition Dreams are dreams where I'll see small glimses of the future. The rule is that it's usually only for a few seconds, and it has to be something I've seen i.e. from my perspective e.g. I'll dream about say walking with a friend talking about dogs while looking at a garfield puppet in a car window, and the exact same thing will happen sometime later. Make what you will of it, it's happened too many times for me to believe that it's coincidence

Wierd dreams are pretty much anything else. A lot of them involve shopping malls for some reason (possibly too many john romero movies). Reality is basically screwed. Sometimes I can fly, othertimes people randomly morph in front of me into something else, on one occasion giant M&Ms started growing out of the ground. Yup, I'm officially off my nut.

Dking'squeen
12-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Premenition Dreams are dreams where I'll see small glimses of the future. The rule is that it's usually only for a few seconds, and it has to be something I've seen i.e. from my perspective e.g. I'll dream about say walking with a friend talking about dogs while looking at a garfield puppet in a car window, and the exact same thing will happen sometime later. Make what you will of it, it's happened too many times for me not to believe that it's not coincidence

I agree, too many times has that happened to me for me to just blow them off.

*i'll be back with another dream as soon as i work it out...i have to remember what i dreamt last night*

Captain Maxx Power
12-19-2004, 04:19 PM
I have a theory as to why these dreams happen. They seem to occur with people who are very cerebral i.e. they think an awful lot. Their not necessarily intelligent, they just exercise their cranium 24/7. I know I do, I've actually got a problem with making my mind stop, it's near impossible for me. One idea I had is that the brain is some kind of supercomputer that is able to take every single variable that you see and create the most likely outcome, thus aiding you when you come to experience it. Preparing for the future in the most literal sense. The other idea I had is about how the universe is really a kind of self-perpetuating loop, whereby the destruction of the universe triggers the creation of it again. As we are all made up of the same material every time around, some of us are able to somehow tap into what we did before. We quite litreally did this before, perhaps an infinite number of times. Of course you've got to explain how the memories can be engraved in such a way if your working with different compositions of the same materials, but I'm sure dark matter can explain that one away. :P

Logan
12-19-2004, 04:21 PM
The night before last I dreamed some lady was trying to kill me in a grocery store, so I was throwing hammers and knives at her. I had very bad aim though so I kept missing. Then later I was Meg Ryan and I was pregnant for the third time and we did a hoppy happy dance when I found out, and some little girl kept borrowing my romance novels. The ones with "the really good sex" in them. That's what the little girl said. :O

Hmm.

darkchrono
12-19-2004, 04:40 PM
actually what I have heard about those situations where you go somewhere and you swear you have been there before. Or you have seen something that you swear you have already seen (which is basically what you guys are talking about).

What I have heard is actually taking place is that sometimes the brain takes a micro second (or how much time I can't remember) longer to process what you are seeing than it normally does. So as a result when it finally is processed it makes you have the impression that you have already seen or done this before. Which really isn't right at all. You are still doing it for the first time. You were just having a brain fart at the time it was happening.

Craig
12-19-2004, 04:42 PM
I can't remember any of my kookoo dreams, but this morning I had a dream that I had to be in work, then I woke up and I was like oh no that sucks I don't want to get up, but then I remembered I don't have a job.

YunaGirl05
12-19-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm always running in my dreams.

Jojee
12-19-2004, 06:13 PM
I have adventure dreams. I can write any and all of them into stories or RPG. ;)

theundeadhero
12-19-2004, 08:45 PM
They seem to occur with people who are very cerebral i.e. they think an awful lot. Their not necessarily intelligent, they just exercise their cranium 24/7.There's people out there who don't think about anything sometimes? What happens then? Do they get a picture stuck in their head like a lobster or lettuce or something?

Chris
12-19-2004, 09:19 PM
I always dream about dinosaur attacks :(

Being chased by a T-Rex is not exactly fun :(

Kalen
12-20-2004, 02:29 AM
I'm going to paste what I put in my journal:

Hmm I had a dream where we had skeletons hanging from our third floor (which in my house you can see from first floor) and Joshua came over and he was like "whyyyy do you have human skeletons up there..." and I was like "ohhh well we've never really thought much about them. They've just always been there" and them I'm home alone and I'm starting to think that the skeletons arn't supposed to be there...
So I go to "City in Motion" (which is where I dance and where my mom works) and I'm wearing my skeleton jump-suit which I have in real life and then I have one of the real skeletons on over it...and I go over to mom and I'm like "moooom we need to call the police about these things" And she's like "why?" and my brother in law is there and he's wearing a skeleton jump suit(no real skeleton) and a bunch of crazy make up and fake hair and a hat and he's helping my mom with something and then he says I look cool.

DMKA
12-20-2004, 02:45 AM
I had this one dream with PG, Psy, and Ansem in it...

theundeadhero
12-20-2004, 02:52 AM
My last dream wasn't rated PG...

What? It was PG13!

Sephex
12-20-2004, 04:29 AM
Let's see...

There was the one where I had to fight three clones of my friend's girlfreind. THe actual girlfreind was trash talking one of the clone through an e-mail and my friend was saying, "No! She'll know our e-mail address! Stop!"

There was the one where a cheese burito exploded in a resturant, graphicaly melting a mother and her son...that is, after my trip from walking on a cat walk that was above the Sears tower in Chicago.

There was the one where my girlfriend was making me cross the expressway, so I could get back my car that I parked next to a hot dog vendor.