PDA

View Full Version : Breath of Fire I & II

Ryu Zero
12-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Welcome to the Breath of Fire I & II topic.
Feel free to post any doubts, riddles or anything else. :tongue:

theundeadhero
12-19-2004, 07:48 PM
Well, I kinda fell through on 1 and in 2 I couldn't get past the door with the musical sounds thingy.

Lord Chainsaw
12-20-2004, 05:23 AM
Breath of Fire is pretty good.

Breath of Fire II is one of the finest games ever made. The re-release of it on the GBA was one of my happiest moments in gaming.

And I don't quite remember a door with musical sounds. Was that in I or II?

Wuggly Blight
12-20-2004, 12:06 PM
breath of fire 2 was awesome, I love that little game *sobs* So cool...

Jolts
12-20-2004, 12:19 PM
I started on BOFIII, and never really got into BOF or BOFII, sorry.

I thought it was kinda' funny how BOF had that magician guy speaking jumbled up magic of "hocus pocus, alakazam!" :lol: (I'm pretty sure it was BOF, might've been BOFII, though...funny either way).

theundeadhero
12-20-2004, 01:17 PM
It was torwards the end of 2 after the ?evil forest thingy? It was 5 years ago and hard to remember exactly where it was. I'll look into it.

Sephex
12-20-2004, 05:50 PM
I liked one, but never tired two. My friend who liked one a lot said two was kind of a let down to him. That never motivated me to try it.

Ryu Zero
12-21-2004, 12:14 AM
I've cleared BOF2 and got only to Winland in BOF...
Does that musical door exist in the first BOF or did i forget anything from the second?

DeBlayde
12-21-2004, 01:28 AM
I really liked BoF I, but there were too many random encounters. they got very very tiresome after a couple hours. marble3 was my friend. :mad:

Sacred Phoenix
12-23-2004, 09:38 PM
I loved BoF 2, it just got frustrating with too many random battles IMO.

WarZidane
12-23-2004, 09:46 PM
I never really got into BoF. I've tried the first 4 games, and got the furthest in BoF I, barely started III before getting bored :p
I think i got pretty far in II too, and to some huge plains in BoF IV

theundeadhero
12-23-2004, 11:57 PM
I couldn't find where I was talking about in a walkthrough. It was after you got grandpa and went inside the tree in the forest. I'm not sure how much farther though. I remember finding an island where the church was based at.

Lord Chainsaw
12-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Yes, that is Evrai, the Grand Church of St. Eva. There are a total of two assaults on that place in the game, the first is probably the point in the game at which you are at.

If you've already done the inside of the Tree, that means you've received the Bolster Pillow from the Tree. After you have the pillow you need to go to Tunland and use it to shrink and enter the queen's body.

The game really shines at the end. That's where the story unfolds, and it is simply a remarkable experience I have never had duplicated on the SNES. A certain sermon in the Grand Church is one of my favorite video game scenes of all time. Amazing what such an archaic game can do.

theundeadhero
12-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Sadly, I got rid of the game years ago.

nords2
01-14-2005, 04:18 PM
I would say that BoF I and II are good games, but III and IV are excellant games. The graphics were pretty good for the time (at least for III, IV's graphics were a little behind the times), the game play was great (the gene splicing in III was a ton of fun and in IV you got to do lots of different things with the dragons) and the Master system allowed you to customize your characters. I took 2 of the slowest characters (read really strong) and made them really fast. So I ended up with 2 really strong and fast characters. The games were great. If you haven't played them give them a chance.

Crazy the Clown
01-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Beat 'em both. One thing that bothers me, though. In the town of Romero, (Obviously named for director George Romero.) why didn't the zombies try to attack me? All they did was moan when I went up to them. Someone at Capcom's been slackin'.

RedCydranth
01-17-2005, 09:04 AM
I played and beat BoF 1 and 2 back when I got 3. I got really into the series and beat all 3 games within a 3 month span. 1 and 2 were really good.

My favorite character in 1 was Bo. The team of Bo, Karn, Nina and Ryu could kill everything. I tried not to overuse Bleu and her obvious best character status. Gobi, Ox (cool character, but not great), and Mogu were not the best. But needed.

My favorite character in 2 was Jean, dispite his not being a good character. He does get better later in the game, but for the most part, not good. Sten, Bow, Ryu and Nina rocked as a party. But by far the best was Bleu, the same from #1 who was a secret character in 2. She and Nina made BoF2 easy.

I'd say BoF 1 and 2 were solid must play RPGs for all fans of role-playing games.

Jowy
01-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Shamanized Jean with a No-Twin Rapier was freaking unstoppable.

RedCydranth
01-17-2005, 09:13 AM
Indeed, Jean was a powerhouse at times.

Cool name, Suikoden 2 was phenominal. I live about 3 hours north of you also.

DMKA
01-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Sadly, I got rid of the game years ago.
Emulation!!!

Destai
01-24-2005, 02:49 PM
I've passed II and IV. Im about half way through V but I've lost alot of interest. I'll probably tackle it someday. I've got I but dont think tis that good. I've never seen III over here in Europe.

RedCydranth
01-24-2005, 04:23 PM
I have 1 & 2 on Emulators. I have 3 and 4 for PS. I do not have 5 though. I actually have 2 copies of BoFIII. :tongue:

Destai
01-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Id rather have V :p

RedCydranth
01-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Its called BoFV: Dragon Quarter right?

I have heard many bad things about the game from my brother, and he and i have similar tastes in RPGs. He got me into BoF and FFT, whereas I got him into Suikoden. Anyhow, he says the animation makes the game unbearable. The cell shading is done horrifically.