PDA

View Full Version : Help MEEEE sigh!! Playng with portatle PC

Luke
12-19-2004, 07:57 PM
I have a great problem.. I wish to play FFVII, but i have a portatle PC.
FFVII controls are on the alphanumeric keys, in default. The problem is that a portatle PC doesn't have alphanumeric.

I downloaded a patch to solve the problem; in the beginning it seemed to work, but when i have to re-write the name of Cloud the game returns to the pre-patch situation, and i can't do nothing.

I'm disperate! Please Help Me!

Doors
12-19-2004, 07:59 PM
You have to rewrite the name of cloud?Why?

Luke
12-19-2004, 08:08 PM
In the beginning,when jessie, biggs and wedge are forcing the gate, just the second place in the game. One of the three ask me my name, and i have to write down a name... Even if I don't rewrite the name, the game doesn't work anymore.

Del Murder
01-15-2005, 05:04 PM
You'll probably have to transfer your save to a normal PC and get past the name part. Of course, this will be a pain since you'll be renaming characters until Rocket Town.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-17-2005, 12:39 AM
And you'll have to miss out on chocobo breeding. Every time you get a new chocobo, you have to use a normal PC.

Hmm, try downloading the Jenova program from http://qhimm.com/#ff7 . It's fun. You'll also need to use an FAQ on the debug room to help you jump to later places in the game.

theundeadhero
01-17-2005, 01:29 AM
You can always reconfigure your key settings. It doesn't even require a patch to do that.