PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Strife

oscar08
12-21-2004, 07:22 AM
I am interested in everyones opinions one the life of cloud. Many think he was just a test tube subject lead to beleive he was nothing more.I think he was the inbodyment of the best intentions anyone can have for themselves or others.

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-21-2004, 08:53 AM
I think he led the rockstar life everyone dreams about, but nobody wants to live. Constantly tormented by the high stress that comes with living on the road, he turned to the dark comfort of drugs and booze, which ultimatly led to his demise. Cloud Strife will always be remembered as the once shining star of Motley Crue.

Meat Puppet
12-21-2004, 09:24 AM
I hate to admit it, but I'm with Spiff on this one.

DeBlayde
12-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Cloud Strife is a nearly textbook example of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia (hearing voices and that kinda thing) is not an illness people just catch. It's a genetic predisposition that is set off by a period of intense stress and usually occurs in early adulthood. Cloud was 21, and had been schizo for about a year. And there were several examples of intense stress in his life, the worst of which being that which occurred in the Honey Bee Club in sector 6 of midgar. *shudders*

hook the poor guy up with some dopamine, he'll be fine. Though, he'll not be able to go out with Tifa since there are certain side effects to dopamine medication.

beyondthegrave
12-21-2004, 11:34 PM
He got stuck in the chest with a sword :eek:
Died :cry:
Was brought back to life :D
Relized he had false memorys :(
Went crazy :confused:
Got high in the life stream :rolleyes2
Gain his Memory :D
Saved the world :cool:
I guess it was a good life

Psychotic
12-21-2004, 11:35 PM
He was a no-good cross-dresser who secretly had a crush on Barret.

theundeadhero
12-21-2004, 11:37 PM
He was a no-good cross-dresser who secretly had a crush on Barret.That's me, remember?

Psychotic
12-21-2004, 11:39 PM
That's me, remember?
I thought your crush was on President Shinra? Oh well, just as long as you stay away from Mukki...

MUKKI SHOULD BE IN ADVENT CHILDREN AND SQUARE KNOW IT! THEY JUST HATE US!

SomethingBig
12-22-2004, 01:09 AM
I hate Cloud cuz Cloud hates Shinra and I love Cid's Knights. :love:

Cloud Strife fanatic
12-23-2004, 08:22 PM
Cloud is a human being who's goal was to join shin-ra, but didnt have the bravery to join. So he became a shin-ra soldier and was sent on a misson to niblehiem (where he was born and raised) with zack and sephiroth, and in turn reunited with Tifa who cloud couldnt face because he thought that Tifa would have been disapointed in him. So they went into the reactor then sephiroth found jenova and started to study on jenova. And came to the realization that jenova is sephiroth's mother. So Sephiroth went to rescue his mother but before that he burned down niblehiem, Zack and Tifa tried to stop him. Sephiroth slashed Tifa and Zack for getting in the way and Cloud grabs Zack's sword and yells at sephiroth while sephiroth is grabbing jenova from the reactor, and threatens sephiroth that he will kill him. Sephiroth turns around and stabs the masamune threw Cloud but the mako enhances the body so he could survive the stab, and cloud slashes sephiroth and he falls into the pool of mako at the bottom of the reactor. Then Hojo shows up takes Cloud and Zack away for Sephiroth cloning (because they think sephiroth is dead). Shin-ra then rebuilds niblehiem and hires people to act like it never burned down. During the experementations Cloud and Zack escape. but shin-ra is hot on their tail, Zack tells Cloud all about his life and what he remembers. when shin-ra soldiers show up and kill Zack, Cloud then becomes a mercenary for hire because thats what Zack wanted them to become. Cloud takes what Zack told him and turns it so its his life, and tells everyone what he heard from zack.
Cloud in turn has a hazy memory because Zack didn't tell him every little detail. And that is who cloud is. :cool:

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-24-2004, 12:33 AM
The explanation of why it was definitely the real Cloud is disclosed when we learn that he was a Shinra solider, and that he lied to everyone so they'd think he was like Zack. Cloud divulges the reason why we don't have to confuse ourselves with the question of "Was there a clone?" following the Lifestream incident. A 'clone' in FFVII is not something produced by Hojo. It's something that he injects with Jenovan cells and Mako. b/c of this (that's right; he's a 'clone,' but not b/c he was produced as a clone the way you'd think), he got schizo and his memories got confused.

Raistlin
12-24-2004, 01:28 AM
He didn't lie to anyone. He genuinely believed all the crap he told about being a SOLDIER.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-24-2004, 01:43 AM
Hmm, I guess you're right, Raistlin. His speech on the Highwind implies that he lied, but that's not what happened. He wouldn't lie to Tifa on purpose.

"Hey Tifa! It's been 5 years!"
". . . ? Uh, no? It's been 7."

The conversation didn't exactly go like that, but I bet she was thinking that.