PDA

View Full Version : Describe Yourself

The Captain
12-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Imagine for a moment that you are writing a story with yourself, the real you, as the main character. How would you describe yourself so that reader would get a clear picture of what you're all about?

Feel free to describe yourself seriously or not, though I think most people, myself included would be very interested to see how we describe ourselves truly.

This might also be a good way to help shatter/create some images we have of ourselves, or that others may have of us.

Take care all.

Shlup
12-21-2004, 09:03 AM
Do you mean a physical description or otherwise?

The Captain
12-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Either or, more or less how you see yourself. Doesn't have to be physical as some people are very uncomfortable about disclosing that, so basically what you feel comfortable with.

Take care all.

Polaris
12-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Ana, she was a girl, not very tall but also not very short, with small dark eyes and red short hair. She lived unhappy in Portugal beacuse very few people understood her and she wanted to move to other country where she could expose her ideas without people to call her 'Crazy'. Ana didn't have much self-esteem altough she could look at her mirror and still smile when she knew that what the mirror told to her wasn't true...

The Captain
12-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Fascinating, very well written. How come you have low self-esteem though, if I might pry?

Something along these lines is what I meant, Shlup. Sorry for not clarifying.

Take care all.

DeBlayde
12-21-2004, 09:48 AM
(Voice of John Cleese, wholly unworried) We join our hero as he risks certain peril in one of the most dangerous situations known throughout the entire universe.

With his sandy blonde hair ruffled by the light wind, he stares with deep blue eyes across the dusty street at his archnemesis, Illogical-and-Wholly-Without-Reason-Person. *dun dun duuuuuun*

Ok, they're not exactly nemeses. More like mutual annoyances, really. Without-Reason-Person once flicked our hero on his wholly average sized though rather hard of hearing ear, and poked him in his slightly bulbous (but only slightly) nose. Needless to say, this rather upset our hero who retaliated by following around Without-Reason-Person and pelting them with snoballs.

"Gettin' kinda chunky there, aren't ya!" sneered Without-Reason-Person.

"There's just been more of me to love lately," replied our hero in a calm, rather quiet Tenor, though he can really sing in a Baritone range, and it's really rather quite lovely, though you'll be lucky to ever hear it. maybe if we get him drunk. The last time he was drunk he was singing like Pavarati on- What? oh yes! the story. sorry.*blushes* Anyways, our hero is there sizing up Without-Reason-Person and, let's face it, our hero is quite a bit bigger. Except for the belly. Without-Reason-Person needs to do some situps or something. Our hero, though he's not trained in quite a while, still looks quite ready for a good scrap and let's place some money on it. I'll give 3 - 1 on Without-Reason-Person to- (narrator :shoot: )

Hello. I'm the new narrator. the old narrator was just shot, and so I'll be your narrator for the remainder of the evening.

sadly, while waiting for the old Narrator to finish babbling, the two combatants have already given up and gone home for a nap and perhaps some milk and biscuits. especially the little ones with the chocolate stripes.

-The End-

Jebus
12-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Chase was a mostly uninteresting person. Around 6'0" tall, rather large around the middle at 250 pounds with medium-long brown hair. I say mostly because though most of his features were completely average and not at all worthy of note, his eyes were a striking contrast to his mediocrity. They were a bluish-green color with brown specks and swirls, and they shone with an almost otherworldly light. Completely uninterested in reality, he spends most of his time in worlds of his own fabrication, slowly losing his mind as the line between fantasy and reality begins to blur.

theundeadhero
12-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Johnston was a really skinny boy before joining the Army. At 5'10" tall, he weighed 129 pounds. He had light blonde hair that was down to the collar of his t-shirts and curiously blue eyes. More than often he was dressed in a band shirt, a pair of pants with a whole in the knee, and his combat boots. As always his characteristic wallet chain, which hung just below his knee, was at his side. Now he was 145 pounds. Still skinny but not as much as before. His hair is shaved on the left side up to where it would meet the beginning of his eyebrow. Then it's combed over to his right, hanging over an overshave, just short enough not to touch his ear or eyebrow to keep within military regualtion.

Cz
12-21-2004, 12:11 PM
I'm going to try and be entirely honest here. I've never had a chance to post a picture up on here, so I'm going to take this as the next best thing. There might be a bit of exaggeration involved, but I'm trying to make this as honest as I can.

Also, I'm not going to write in the first-person, because I don't want to. :D

If there ever were a peak of human physical condition, George would most certainly not be it, or even anywhere near it, for that matter. He was short for his age, around 5'6'' or so, and somewhat underweight. Fortunately for him these two factors combined to make him a fairly-well proportioned individual, albeit one that looked younger than his years might suggest.

His face was fairly average as well. Dark brown eyes, a clear complexion (blemished by one or two spots) and otherwise rather normal features made him a quite unassuming individual. The only noticeable feature was the boy's hair, which was the only physical part of himself he was fully satisfied with. When cut short it was a neat, light brown style, but as it grew dramatic changes occured. The volume of hair would cause the overall colour to appear much darker, and the increased length allowed it to be styled extensively, either swept across the forehead or arranged in an unruly fashion to accentuate the wilder side of his personality.

There were in fact two sides to the boy's personality. He could be quiet and awkward one minute, and then loud and extroverted the next. At times he may have seemed unhappy, almost depressed, but in the right company he became quite an excited individual, always ready with a joke or a new topic of conversation. As a result he tended to shy away from large social occasions, but would like nothing more than to spent hours with a few close friends. They could tell each other anecdotes, or enter deep discussion about literature or music. It didn't really matter to George, since being in their company was all that mattered. Getting lost in conversation was one of life's greatest thrills, and it was times like these that George lived for.

Knowing me, the first time I've ever written a descriptive piece for you people, my writing will have gone to hell. Whether that's true or not, I hope that's given you a decent idea of me as a person. I could go in to much greater depth if I liked, but I'm afraid that once I started I'd never stop.

A photograph would do a much better job, of course, but until that opportunity arises, this is all I can do. :)

Craig
12-21-2004, 01:02 PM
If there ever were a peak of human physical condition, George would most certainly not be it, or even anywhere near it, for that matter. He was short for his age, around 5'6'' or so, and somewhat underweight. Fortunately for him these two factors combined to make him a fairly-well proportioned individual, albeit one that looked younger than his years might suggest.

Sorry to steal Czech but I don't feel comfortable writing about myself, and that paragraph is practically a mirror to me.

Peegee
12-21-2004, 04:42 PM
The closest to true account of my life would be a person who went around helping/affecting others, but never knowing what he had done. Consequently said person has way too much of a solipsistic view of reality.

In following with N. American melodrama, a member of my far reaching past, having had his/her life completely reformed thanks to my unintentions, will come and see me, praising me beyond recognition.

Ignore the preceding paragraph, as it is just cynicism, rather than some sort of self-serving self-promotion :D

Chris
12-21-2004, 04:51 PM
"The very essence of what the norm refers to as normal
A solstice as described, a carrier of empathic precaution
The power to inflict; another way to describe thing as we see them
Winter soul of the heart but burning flame of the self

The empath without the power to feel... a rare privilege if you ask me"

Polyonymous
12-21-2004, 05:34 PM
cory was a fairly avarage 16 year old boy, about 5'9" with short, straight brown hair that was never styled in any way at all. his hair was quite long before he cut it, but his curls made it look shorter than it actually was. the curls were especially noticible when it was wet. but now that it is short again, it is straight and plain. his ears and nose are starting to look a little bit big to him, though he is sure that it is all in his head. Cory liked his eyes, though they arent as unique as some others eyes he still thought they were interesting. his eyes were brown and green, a brown ring circled the pupil while another green ring cirled the brown ring. though the thing he thought was the most interesting, was that sometimes the brown ring would be larger than the green ring, and vice versa.
He always wore a old and beat up velcro straped watch on his right hand, only taking it off when he would take a shower.
Those who didnt know cory would tell you that he is a happy person, most people who knew cory would also tell you that he is a happy person. only a few people know how he really feels, but that is all going to change soon.

bakabakabaka
12-21-2004, 11:25 PM
ruth would have the figure of a hollywood actress if chocolate and toast were not so tempting to her.her teeth are white and straight after years of pain and ridicule from braces causing an old speech impediment to return. it has only just been reburied.
she is staring at her up and coming age of 20, is that young? or just a different type of middle age?
she changes her look as days go by, one day a goth the next skater. ruths image is important ot her as it helps her blend in. she once tried to be differnt but had it forced out of her. her "normal "clothes are "fashionable" ....for the uk mind.
her hair is ginger blond with fake blond streachs to hide the real colour. rather be a bimbo then ginger puubs...
ruth has very poor eyesight without her glasses she would no doubt be run over by passing vehicles.
she thinks shes short, 5'5", but only because she has only ever dated men over 6'.
ruth has a problem with trust as in the past year so many people she trusted have left her including her mother and long term boyfriend.
she stops the lonelyness by studying hard at Derby university and playing computer games fantasising she is battling with the characters being usefull
she has always been seen as weird but she likes to think she is unique...

(just want to say....i'm not mad!! i just live in a http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif country!! its very poo)

Dking'squeen
12-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Once upon a time there was this girl who came to the forums and named herelf Yazoo'squeen. Well, she was...how to say it...a bit obsessed with a lot of out-of-the-ordinary things. Magic, witchcraft, dragons. She liked these things. She liked to read stories about them and she liked to write about them. Them and warrios with fierce magic and immeasurable skill. She was nice, or she thought herself that. She wasn't sure how others persieved her, but she thought herself kind to everyone. She didn't judge people when she met them, instead she got to know them. She thought highly of her friends and found thier opinion more imortant than others. She felt as though her friends were the only things that kept her stable. The ones that kept her from breaking things, and not just items. She became very hyperactive when she was tired, as if her body went on a sugar rush, and she liked to think herself a pacifist, or at least she didn't hit others on purpose, nor did she want to harm others for foolish reasons. She found fighting imbecilic and very unnessasary when poeple could just try and talk it out. She hated people who didn't like her for stupid reasons, such as two girls hating her because her boyfriend is the one that they both like. *grumble* She was very emotionally unstable. Every emotion burst through her like a geyser shooting up from the earth. She was looked at as a 'wierdo' 'dork' and other things, which terms she hated. She though found that she could turn those terms around. The term wierdo to her just meant someone who wasn't interested in the things that that perosn was and dork was the term for soemone who was smart. She loved animals and hated animal cruelty. You could call her a bit of an animal lover :love:
Her sense of humor...she found nearly everything funny actually. She could laugh at a good joke for a long while. Her eyes were brown, her hair short and black, her height 5'7 1/2. Well now, she's on the computer, typing stories and reading this very forum...wow...

Crazy the Clown
12-22-2004, 02:07 AM
What's there to tell?

I was always the target of bullies. But there was no bully I hated more than my big brother. He went out of his way to piss me off and make life a living Hell.

He even humiliated me, one Christmas. But that's another story.

DarknessFromAbove
12-22-2004, 03:16 AM
"Obscure as night." Some might say of her. Never constant, always changing as do the the seasons. Her hair was a strange auburn brown, red in the bright midday sun, cut so that it hung short, and untidy about her dark features. Her eyes were stunning, an electric hazel;green-brown, and sometimes golden, with rims of black. She was like an autumn leaf, crisp and frost-bitten. . . near death in this frozen world. . .
In all the world she felt there was no place for her. No soul deemed her worthy of company, and in this world she felt alone. Her loneliness made her hard, and so the people around her faded away. . . And so she surrounded herself with fictional one's. . . One's that will never judge her. . . or leave her. . . Her world became clouded, and she is to this day, lost within the mist of her own thoughts. . . :cry:
Of course then there's another side to me, that's just annoying, and gitty, and excentric. . . And exatly like Zell's personality. . . :D (Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!) :tongue:

Sephex
12-22-2004, 03:35 AM
"Justin was a young man in his early 20's. His long, dark, brown hair almost touches his broad shoulders. Like two distant stars in the sky, his blue eyes stood out more than anything else on his face--including his somewhat narrow nose. You would usualy spot Justin by the video game memorabilia he almost always had on his old, black, worn-out jacket."

The Amazing Spiderman
12-22-2004, 04:03 AM
A teenager from Mexico. With greenish eyes, Obscure Brown Hair, 1.76 m tall...A little bit thin, but that is justified for his flexibility and agility.
He's known mostly of his will and optimism about Helping - in anything that he could serve- and he wouldn't have regrets, and some people tell him he's a talented leader, but he doesn't think he is one.
He's going currently to karate, accomplishing (sp?) one of his goals....he also got a new hobby: Yu-Gi-Oh!, and helps kiddies and friends giving them cards. He's still on soccer, playing as the Goal Keeper, and always get cuts or scratches because of being so reckless.
Even thought he has a funny actitude, he wants to leave it behind..."Time to make a step forward.." he says, and he will try to mature.
That person's name is Alejandro.

Itsunari 2000
12-22-2004, 06:55 PM
There was an intensity in the lean , handsome young man who entered the restaurant that cold December's night. The seated customers glanced furtively , acknowleding his arrival with more than a little apprehension in their glassy orbs - scrutinizing the ramrod-straight back , the moderately broad shoulders and calloused hands resting lightly at his sides as he crossed to the far table in smooth, easy steps. Such physical composure was uncommon in the young nowadays , some mused as he slid into the vacant seat.
As he appeared to relax a little , his eyes swept the room , absorbing his surroundings with an almost analytical nature. The sheer magnetism in the sapphire-blue chips of his eyes caused the burly, middle-aged man a little in front of him to turn away abruptly - lurking beneath the serene blue was a forbidding darkness , like the coldly hypnotic gaze of some great sea predator . The young man's gaze bored into his observers with such potent force that most broke eye contact within seconds.

The scrutinous stares of the customers were thus , reduced to furtive , nervous glances every 10 seconds , all the while the young man calmly sipped his cola , apparently content. Abruptly he got up and left in that same effortless fashion. As the darkness enveloped him , he could not help a wry grin creep across his thin face...

" Who the hell was that ?" one concerned elderly man asked of the waiter above the barely audible murmur of conversation.

" Just a stranger ... "

Xander
12-22-2004, 06:58 PM
"Cute, lazy, likes eating and sleeping and snuggling, much like a panda really"

Pure Strife
12-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Women wanted him, men wanted to be him, everyone in-between thought he was awesome. His arrogance likely stemmed from being popular with the girls from a very young age, god-like guitar abilities (or somewhere above a guy with no arms), and reasonably toned upper body. Last time he checked he was 5'11ish, which is the perfect height because it's his height, and comes complete with fairly long two-toned hair (is growing the black dye out slowly) and bluish eyes. Go him, he rocks so much :love:

bakabakabaka
12-22-2004, 11:19 PM
this is great!!It's like a mini story in each reply!! i don't ever need to read a book again!!! ;) heeheehee!!

muchacho
12-22-2004, 11:48 PM
http://www.pslashg.org/misc/moved/pictures/fabio.jpg

Pure Strife
12-23-2004, 12:22 AM
If this thread had a winner it'd be Tenacious M.

Belethdolien
12-23-2004, 06:00 AM
If you saw Charlotte on the street, you would probably guess she was maybe in her late teenages. A confident girl, but with a trubbled heart, wild eyes looking for a place to rest.
She is about 1.70 meter tall, and with blonde untame curls to her sholders, just the was she like it. Some people say she has pretty eyes, big and blue grey, sometimes outlined by a black line of eyeliner. She however, both hate and loves her eyes. Some say eyes are a mirror of the soul, and if you looked into her eyes, you would see her insecurity. And that is what she fears the most.

She is rather chubby, especially after she moved to USA, to all the fried food... But not fat. She is strong for a girl, living on a "farm" in her home country, she is used to working hard and not be afraid to get dirt under her nails. But she is far from a tomboy. She likes to look good, And also to be diferent, witch her clothing style clearly shows. She enjoys wearing things that makes people turn twize, big flashy earrings and polkadots are her favorites. And she is also very updated on fasion, but no bimbo.

People tend to turn to her when they have problems, and she likes to listen to people and to help, but often takes others problems to much on herself, And blames herself when there is things she did no see. she feels guily for being lucky in life, for where she was born, for her friends and family.

She almost never takes any compliments, and always wonder what is the reason why people gives her comliments, and if they are making fun of her. She usually always tell what she feels about things, unless it is something that can hurt people's image of her, and hates it when other thinks of her as a "nice girl".

The Captain
12-23-2004, 06:04 AM
You also seem to be quite a fan of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", judging from your sig.

Take care all.

Dr Unne
12-23-2004, 06:12 AM
Five foot ten and bald. Tends to look grouchy.

YunaGirl05
12-23-2004, 06:32 AM
long blondish brownish hair. thin and fair complected. blue gray eyes long dark eyelashes. dark full lips. straight white teeth. some frackles across nose and cheeks.
Height: about 5ft 2 in.
Weight: estimate 90 pounds.

The Captain
12-23-2004, 07:36 AM
I find it most interesting to see that some people are very descriptive whilst others tend to be more terse. Not sure if this is at all a reflection on a given personal's personality, but perhaps it could be. Though, I must say, I feel like I better understand the people who have posted the fairly more indepth descriptions, so thank you all for that.

Take care all.

Jojee
12-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Jojo, the most awesome person to grace this world. Her wit and beauty awed all around her; everybody looked up to her. (Yes Wezly, UP!!) Her godly presence shadowed everyone amongst her, and her aura of kindness (yes, kindness *glare*) and ...and... modesty... gave everyone a rolemodel to look to ^_^

pixie_demon
12-23-2004, 09:07 AM
"Cute, lazy, likes eating and sleeping and snuggling, much like a panda really"

that is the single mostest cutest thing that i have ever read!!!!

it made me laugh out loud. very loud in fact.... :p :love:

ok.... now its my turn.....

my name is Tenniele. i am 18 years old, a virgo, a pagan and a bit of a wierdo!!! i may look unapproachable, but those who know me say that i am kind, gentle, a good listener, very compassionate, and always willing to give my all to those i care about. u could say im very guarded. been hurt too many times by family, friends and lovers, it takes a long while for me to open up. i am very open minded and accepting of all walks of life, be it religion, race, gender or sexual preference. i am an avid poet,i love reading and writing it. HUGE fan of Anne rice, i own all her books. also enjoy painting and sculpture, performance art. im into heavier kind of music, and alternative. bands include, SMASHING PUMPKINS!!!! incubus, linkin park, disturbed, system of a down, placebo, korn, marilyn manson, bjork, fiona apple.... more i just cant remember. i also collect figures.

im short. 5'2", kinda chubby i guess. not fat, but more curvy i guess. fairly happy with the way my body looks, but like all girls, would like a little less jiggly around the thighs and bum!!!! :p :p :D i know all u girls agree!

i have wild unruly black hair. i am naturally a blonde. dramatic colour change, i know, but it suits my i think. i have dark brown eyes, with feathery flecks of green throughout. i am told that they are very deep and engaging. they way i move mhy eyes says alot about the inner me, or so i have been told. im not much of a fan of my nose, nothing particually wrong with it, it used to be turned up a bit wheni was little, not anymore tho. i like my lips. they are full, but not too pouty, they are sensual without being slutty, u know. i dont need to wear lipstick or anything. i usually just wear concealer, and lashings of eyeliner and mascara.

i have very small feet. they are a size six, which is very small even for a girl. i like my feet tho. no problem with them whatsoever.

i live in australia. take that as a good or bad thing, i dont really mind. cant wait to get out of her and mive to england. cant see any reason why i shouldnt..... if u read my LJ u will know why.

ok hope that was detailed enough!!!!!
ENJOY!!!

^*_*^ xXx Pixie xXx ^*_*^