PDA

View Full Version : X MAS TIME

Lich3636
12-21-2004, 03:31 PM
ok this game is supposed to be for everyone but come on its so xmas in the game back to what this post is about a guide to the holiday rare ex items first you need the hat talk too a moogle and they will say to talk to some kids run all over town talking to every kid ( sandoria seems to be Authere in Ssandy,Taruette (or something) in N, and Auvare in port since me and my friend did it and they were the same kids) they will give you a letter write down who gave you what letter then talk to the npc in the red hat (DO NOT LOOK FOR A NPC CALLED SMILE BRINGER THERE ISNT ONE at least not in windy or sandy havent been to bastock yet) and trade him all 3 letters and tell him who each is from he will give you a hat and present give the presnt to a kid and now you can teleport between towns dont yet talk to every one in port with your new hat on and and some one will offer to make you a tree for some favors you will have to run your but off to the MArketmoogles outside each residntial area theses are all timed after you do them all you will get a tree you have to wait a day between makeing trees now you can talk to a normal moogle and have them teleport you to another town you wont be able to teleport from that town till you get the present and give it to a kid look in the port and get that towns tree wait a day repeat. set out all the trees in you mh and sooner or later the moogle will say you got something it should be a dream hat +1 it dispences a cookie mmmmm cookies well thats all for now I will post all the events when they come around

Misfit
12-21-2004, 04:34 PM
( sandoria seems to be Authere in Ssandy,Taruette (or something) in N, and Auvare in port since me and my friend did it and they were the same kids)
That's not true. The kids that hand out the letters are all random.

! . , ? are your friends. :D And just to put it in an easier to read way...:D *taken from somebody on some place* :

"TREES:
You can only get one tree from each nation, and only one per game day. Each Tree quest person is in the Port of their respective nation. Each person asks you to run to a Market Moogle and fetch something for them, this moogle is always in the same zone as them. If you mess up, the NPC will berate you and ask you to get a different item from a moogle in another zone, but they'll give you more time to get it and get back. This part IS timed, so move your butt.

Each tree quest giver is in the Port of their respective cities, and are NPCs that are not normally there. They always ask you to run to a Market Moogle right next to the residential zone.
Doing the tree quest again after getting a tree gets you some fireworks.

DREAM (SANTA) HATS:
The quest to obtain the hat is only obtainable via the NPC wearing the Santa hat. I personally suggest doing this in your favorite city, since you'll be required to be somewhat familiar with where all the children in all the zones are located.

To get the hat, you must first talk to the Moogle (just named Moogle, not Market Moogle) and he'll explain what's going on, and tell you the zones and how many children are in them waiting to give the "smilebringer" letters. There are always only three children-but sometimes their number in certain zones changes. Sometimes you'll get one in three zones, two in one and one in another, or all three in the same zone.

Either way, the moogle will tell you, then you go find the 'smilebringer' he mentions, who happens to be an NPC wearing a Santa hat. This NPC will babble something about kids, and then it's your job to essentially harass all the little kid NPCs in that zone until you find the ones who give you a letter.

Now this is important: Write down which child gave you what letter-the "smilebringer" will be quizing you on this. Once you get all three letters (Joy, Thanks, Gratitude) return to the NPC wearing the santa hat and give all three of them to him at the same time. Then you'll get drilled on what kids gave you which letters. If you get it right, he'll fork over the hat.

The Windurst Santa Hat NPC is located in Windurst Waters, near the zoneline into West Sarutabaruta.
The San d'Orian Santa Hat NPC is located in North Sandoria, and is wearing WHM AF-also right by the zoneline into West Ronfaure.
The Bastok Santa Hat NPC is located is located in Bastok Mines, right across from the Auction House.

Kiddie Presents:
Okay, here's the deal on those: If you want you can buy them, but thus far it seems pointless. The NPC will hand you a free ex one whenever you zone, and you can keep zoning and getting more if you like. Whenever you trade an ex Kiddie Present to any child NPC while wearing the Dream Hat you get a message saying "you brought barrelfuls of joy to the children of Vana'diel!" (Trading a non-ex one nets you the message: "you brought joy to the children of Vana'diel!", implying it brings less)
Trading Kiddie presents to the children raises your "joy level". The Moogle that set you off on this whole mess will inform you of your current "joy level". "What the hell is Joy level?" Well, the Moogle will teleport you directly to another city if you have high enough Joy.

Good news: it only takes one ex gift to get enough "joy" with the kiddies so the Moogle will port you. Using the moogle-port will lower your rating, so to use it again, just grab another present, trade it to any kiddie and you're good to go again. Trading presents at this time does not seem to offer any other benefits, but it is really cool to teleport directly from San d'Oria to say, Bastok for free.

Dream Hat+1!
To get the Dream Hat+1:
You must have done the first hat quest, and be wearing it. You must have at least the tree from your home nation in your Mog House. (Reports are varying as to if you need all three, or just your home nations)
After I logged for the night and woke up this morning, Moogle found a present under my tree! Obtained: Special Present. Rare/ex "A special present Moogle found underneath a holiday tree." Go step outside your Mog house and use the item. It will go off like an Air Rider firework. Except when it's done, look in your inventory-now you'll have the Dream Hat+1!

Dream Hat+1
[Head] All Races
DEF:1 Dispense: Ginger Cookie
Lv.1 All Jobs
<1/1 0:30/[24:00:00, 0:30]>

The charge never runs out, it just takes 24 hours for it to recharge and give you another cookie. Eating the cookie seems to net no special effects as far as I can tell (not that eating a regular Ginger Cookie won't do) and the food only lasts a few minutes."

Lain
12-21-2004, 05:04 PM
To get the Dream Hat+1:
You must have done the first hat quest, and be wearing it. You must have at least the tree from your home nation in your Mog House. (Reports are varying as to if you need all three, or just your home nations)
After I logged for the night and woke up this morning, Moogle found a present under my tree!
I've done the first hat quest, I wear hat all the time and I have a tree from my home nation in my Mog House but I haven't got a present. <sad>

I done a quest with presents in Windurst. I've port to San'Doria but after a minute I back to Windy cos I found out that I don't have a map of San'Doria. I bought a map and went back to the moogle but he didn't want to port me again. I've went to Smilebringer and bought two presents. I gave them to children but the moogle still didn't want me to port. Can u tell me what should I do to be able to port again??

Misfit
12-21-2004, 05:45 PM
I've done the first hat quest, I wear hat all the time and I have a tree from my home nation in my Mog House but I haven't got a present. <sad>

I done a quest with presents in Windurst. I've port to San'Doria but after a minute I back to Windy cos I found out that I don't have a map of San'Doria. I bought a map and went back to the moogle but he didn't want to port me again. I've went to Smilebringer and bought two presents. I gave them to children but the moogle still didn't want me to port. Can u tell me what should I do to be able to port again??
You need all three nations trees, then you gotta wait while for your moogle to find the present. :}

Annnd... do you wear the hat while trying to port? Um, what does the moogle say to you when you try to port to a different nation?

Lionx
12-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Couple of important things to remember about this event:
-You only need to do the hat quest once, preferably not in Windurst, to avoid all that running...
-You need to remember the name and the type of letter that the child NPC gave in order to complete the hat quest.
-You must be wearing the Dream Hat in order to give presents to child NPCs.
-Your Event Fame is increased by giving presents to child NPCs, and lowered by using the Event Moogle Warp. Talking to the -Event Moogle gives you an indication of how much Event Fame you have in that city.
-You can only get the free Ex present from Smile Bringer once per day (1 Vana'diel day == 1 hour), regardless of the city. ---However, giving this item to a child NPC is enough to get your warp from the Event Moogle.
-You can only get the Christmas Tree quest once per day, regardless of the city.
-You need to finish fetching the Christmas Tree quest item within the time specified by the NPC (1 Vana'diel hour == 2.5 min). -If you fail to do so within the allotted time, you will have to repeat the quest, most likely in another zone.
-The Dream Hat+1 is obtained by putting in a Christmas Tree in your MH as a Furniture. With the proper level of Event Fame, your Moogle will give you a Rare/Ex item "Special Present". Using that item will produce some nice fireworks effect (so make sure you watch it!) AND give you the Dream Hat+1.

First, you need to get your Dream Hat. Go to the Event Moogle in each city to start the quest:
Bastok Markets near the fountain
San d'Oria South near the Auction House
Windurst Woods K-10 near zone to East Sarutabaruta

It asks you to talk to a child NPC inside several zones (which differs for each person) to obtain a letter addressed to Smile Bringer (SB). Take note of which zone the Moogle tells you the NPCs are in, and go to that zone and talk to these child NPC:
Bastok
Dehlner - Port H-5
Arawn - Markets J-10
Emrys - Markets J-10
Gwill - Markets E-11
Rothais - Markets L-8
Folzen - Metalworks F-8
Patricius - Metalworks H-8
Remus - Metalworks G-9
Vaghron - Mines H-9
Valeri - Mines J-8

San d'Oria
Artinien - Port H-8
Auvare - Port H-5
Brifalien - Port H-8
Miene - Port I-9
Maurinne - North F-5
Taurette - North F-7
Authere - South J-9
Blendare - South J-9
Foletta - South I-11
Leuveret - South F-8

Windurst
Paruru - Port H-8
Pichichi - Port G-5
Shanruru - Port H-5
Chomomo - Walls H-3
Komomo - Walls C-6
Purakoko - Walls F-7
Myumimi - Waters (Lower) H-8
Mimomo - Waters (Upper) L-6
Hororo - Waters (Upper) G-8
Arukoko - Waters (Lower) D-6

Please help the thread by posting any corrections

When you talk to the right NPC, it asks you to deliver a letter to the SB, and gives you a Rare/Ex letter item. Make note of the name and type of letter the NPC gives you. Once you have obtained all 3 letters, proceed to the Smile Bringer:
Christina - Bastok Mines near the Chocobo Stables
Charmalaut - North San d'Oria near zone to West Ronfaure
Atagei-Portagei - Windurst Waters (Upper) F-5 near zone to West Sarutabaruta

Trade all 3 letters to the SB, who will then ask you which letter came from which NPC. If you answer correctly, he/she will give you the Dream Hat. If not, you will have to restart the quest by talking to the Event Moogle again. If you talk to SB again, he/she will give you a Ex present item. You can trade this to any child NPC in the three cities, not necessarily restricted to the list above. Doing so raises Event Fame which is required to use Warp from the Event Moogle and also the Special Present from your MH Moogle. If you are feeling particularly generous and/or want to increase your Event Fame quickly, you can also buy presents from the SB, but that's up to you. ^^

Your Event Fame is increased by giving presents to child NPCs, and lowered by using the Event Moogle Warp. The Ex present increases the Event Fame the most and is free, but can only be done once per day (1 Vana'diel day == 1 hour). The more expensive present will raise fame quicker, but also drain your wallet quicker. You can give more than one present to a child NPC, but sometime it will get refused if too many people gave that NPC present that day. Talking to the Event Moogle gives you an indication of how much Event Fame you have in that particular city.

From what I can tell, the Christmas Tree (CT) event and the SB event is separate. It should be possible to obtain a tree without having done the SB quest, but getting the three trees without using the Event Moogle Warp is expensive and almost impossible for a mule, so it's a good idea to do the SB quest first.

The Christmas Tree quest NPC are located in the following location:
Tree Talker - Port Bastok near zone to North Gustaberg
Farmaoquaix - Port San d'Oria near the Airship entrance
Rhi Perejha - Port Windurst near zone to West Sarutabaruta

When you talk to the NPC, he/she asks for your help in obtaining some items from the Market Moogle who is located near the MH entrance in each respective zone. You are also given a time limit in hours (1 Vana'diel hour == 2.5 min) for bringing back the items, so do not go doing other stuff while doing the quest. Warp and Flee helps, but should not be necessary (ie, I was able to do it with my mule). If you bring back the item in time, you will be given the Christmas Tree. If not, you will get sent to another Market Moogle in another zone to get another item. You can only do this quest once per day regardless of the city, so you will need to wait until the next day in order to get the trees in other cities. If you already have a tree from a certain town you can still do the quest again. Doing it a second time and you will get a Firework.
Note:The tree NPC in Windurst is on the opposite side of the map, which is why 1) you don't want to get distracted by doing something else and 2) you get 2 hours(Vanadiel time) to complete it. The positioning of the NPC is probably intentional so that you basically have very little spare time to complete the quest.

Once you obtain your tree, put it in as furniture (in your home town MH of course). Once some time passes and you have enough Event Fame, your moogle will give you a Rare/Ex Special Present. Using the item will produce some nice fireworks and also give you Dream Hat+1. I do not know whether you get multiple presents for having multiple trees, so there may be other items obtainable via the Special Present item. Remember you can't give away the present until you get your hat.

Just to add to it...in order to get the Dream Hat +1 your "Joy" fame must be over Riddiculus Amounts of Joy. This can be check by talking to the warp Moogle. Warping will lower it 1 level, while giving out 1 EX present or 2x 1200g presents will raise it 1 level. So you need to give out 11x 1200g presents or 6 of the EX presents. Then you will get your Dream Hat +1.
Fame lvls:
Merry holidays, Mr. Adventurer! It looks like you have been bringing a tad bit of joy to the children of Vana'diel, kupo.

1st
Merry holidays, Mr. Adventurer! It looks like you have been bringing a fair amount of joy to the children of Vana'diel, kupo.

2nd
Merry holidays, Mr. Adventurer! It looks like you have been bringing a tad bit of joy to the children of Vana'diel, kupo.

3rd
Merry holidays, Mr. Adventurer! It looks like you have been bringing barrelfuls of joy to the children of Vana'diel, kupo.

4th
Same msg as 3rd

5th Changed to Papo-Hopo as named in an earlier post
Merry holidays, Mr. Adventurer! It looks like you have been bringing ridiculous amounts of joy to the children of Vana'diel, kupo.

6th
Same as 5th

7th
Merry holidays, Mr. Adventurer! It looks like you have been bringing caravans loaded with ludicrous quantities of joy to the children of Vana'diel, kupo.

There is something else that I have noticed, but I am not sure how it applies as far as presents go.

When you give a present to a child you will get one of three responses. They are:

1. Thank you! Thank You! Thank You! - the most common
2. Whoa! Thanks Mister (I play a male character, not sure what says if you are female) - Less common

And
3. Thank you so very much, sir. - Only 1 child per city says this.

They are:

Bastok: Rex, the map dealer in the port.
San D'Oria: Raminel SSandy
Windurst: Papo-Hopo, a member of the Star Onion Brigade
MISC:
Anyway if you do the tree quest again in Sandy you get a firework called Sparkling Hands, which you can trade 10 to the guy who warps you to outpost, to warp you to any outpost you want even if you are not strong enough or haven't done the supply quest.

I think ginger cookies are MP Regen +2-4 or something per tick of rest.