PDA

View Full Version : ULTIMA WEAPON

lgrowse
12-21-2004, 05:19 PM
ultima weapon was a pushover i kiled him with one attack witch was eden i was told he was the 2nd hardest boss of the game even with lvs of 90+

ChaosCalibur
12-21-2004, 05:36 PM
How can you attack it with eden if you draw Eden from Ultima? :\

Zante
12-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Maybie he used a trainer.

Braindead_Paul
12-21-2004, 07:36 PM
You can draw Eden from Tiamat.
But I'm not sure if it is possible as long as Ultima Weapon is still there.

Ultima Shadow
12-21-2004, 08:05 PM
ultima weapon was a pushover i kiled him with one attack witch was eden i was told he was the 2nd hardest boss of the game even with lvs of 90+
1) As long as you play the game normaly... Ultima Weapon is THE HARDEST boss in the game when fought at high levels!
2) Ultima Weapon is much harder when you fight him at higher levels (level 90-100).
3) Ultima Weapon kicks ass!
4) Ultima Weapon can't be killed with just 1 of Edens eternal breath as long as he's not at level 1 and you use Eden at level 100 and have 255mag with the character that summons Eden. And I guess that's just about impossible!
5) Ultima Weapon is great!!! :love:
6) Ultima Weapon is used in your avatar!
7) Ultima Weapon (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50875) nuff said.
:tongue:

Still... yea, he's too easy. He should have 15,000,000 HP and be immune to The End. :cool:

rubah
12-21-2004, 08:23 PM
I was under the impression that Omega was much much harder.

(I only ever tried to fight him once, and I chickened out and used a game save I had beaten it with, and a hundred invincibility items. even without having to heal much it took a lot longer than ultima did. I had to fight ultima three times (at level 100:P) because I kept forgetting to draw eden, and it just wasn't very hard)

It'd be sort of weird to go all the way to Tiamat, draw Eden, run all the way out of the dungeon, and find the deep sea research level to just use her on ultima. . . might as well do it on disk three when you should:P

Ultima Shadow
12-21-2004, 11:20 PM
I was under the impression that Omega was much much harder.

For those who knows nothing about Omega, yes. But Omega is nothing but a wimp... as long as you don't fight him in a no junktioning challange. Omega Weapon is so easy that I can beat him blindfolded (without Armagedon fist, hero/cheat-items or Lion Heart). If you know how to fight Omega Weapon you'll be able to take him down like a bite bug.

Ultima Weapon is considered weaker ONLY because of his low HP and that he have no attacks like "Megido Flame" or Terra Break". As for all the other stats... Ultima has higher than Omega and 2 and a half time as high speed as Omega.

I can wipe them both out with ease and I don't even need a good party or any hero/cheat-items, Lion Heart or Armagedon fist. The thing is... with a pretty average party at level 100... I would say that Ultima is WAY harder. Since Omega is a wimp. The only thing that really makes Omega all that powerfull is his extremely high HP. Nothing else... really. So it will just be a longer (but easier) battle.

ps: DON'T use Lionheart when fighting Ultima Weapon! It ruins all the fun! :mad2:

Holy Wars?

There is no challenge in that...

fight Omega & Ultima without Holy Wars or Hero... is much interesting..

By the wAY, DON´T get the lionhert before fighting Ultima

rubah
12-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Oh great master, enlighten me then.

Detail it out, because I like details:)

Auronhart
12-22-2004, 12:37 AM
*attempts to get a reply off before Ultima Shadow*
Omega has a given order of his attacks with possibly some normal attacks in between.
1. Level 5 Death
2. Meteor
3. Medigo Flame (9998 damage to all)
4. Gravija (damages your characters to 1/4 hp)
5. Terra Break.
6. Ultima
7. Light pillar (9999 damage to one character)
8. Repeat 2-8

There are 4 ways survive terra break.
1. Use holy wars/hero's or invincible moon (cheating except in a no junction game)
2. Block with GFs
3. Use the ability Defend
4. Cast protect on every member and if your stats (I think only HP is relevant, but I'm not sure) are good enough, you will survive.
(note: you can kill Omega before he casts terra break)
I'm pretty sure Ultima Shadow uses Defend to survive. By the way, Ultima Shadow, doing Omega weapon without Lionheart/armaggedon fist still can be done with him only getting a few turns as you forgot to add no Angel Wing. Ultima Shadow and I are attempting the no junction Omega challenge, which is exceedingly hard, but still possible. (believe it or not)

Ultima Shadow
12-22-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm pretty sure Ultima Shadow uses Defend to survive. By the way, Ultima Shadow, doing Omega weapon without Lionheart/armaggedon fist still can be done with him only getting a few turns as you forgot to add no Angel Wing. Ultima Shadow and I are attempting the no junction Omega challenge, which is exceedingly hard, but still possible. (believe it or not)
Yea, I prefere Defend. It's the most effective way in my opinion. And hero/cheat-items are to cheap for my taste.
Yea, I know. And I guess it's possible to finish him off with Irvines Fast Ammo before Terra Break as well. But when I played blindfolded I used Squall (punishment-gunblade), Quistis and Irvine (WITHOUT Fast ammo and 255str). :cool: The solo was played with Squall.

Oh great master, enlighten me then.

Detail it out, because I like details:)

7) Ultima Weapon (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50875) nuff said.

But since I guess none's going to bother checking out that link... I'll just quote myself. Ok, here we go:
Note: This text includes just about ALL possible info about Ultima Weapon.

Ultima Weapon!

To start with:
Omega Weapon is by most people treated as the strongest and hardest boss in FFVIII... well, in my opinion he's not (any more). Ultima Weapon is actually stronger.

About Me and Ultima Weapon: Final Fantasy VIII was my first true RPG... in the begining everything was confusing... it took a long time before I relised how the junction system really worked. However... in the end I loved the game more than anything else. It was my absolute fav game until I played FFVII (but that's another long story). I even loved the Card game from the very begining to the very end. Then suddenly it happend... I got the Ultima Weapon Card... the last card in the boss card list... and I thougth that the name was very cool. So I couldn't wait until I should figth this boss and was thinking about him very much. Then I reached Ultimecias Castle...
And I thougth... WTF? I haven't fougth any Ultima Weapon and still I'm just before the final boss. But I figured out how to figth Omega and when I fougth him, it went like this: I survived lvl5 Death (all my characters was at something like level66-68). Squall: summon GF. Rinoa and Zell... um... did something patetic and got slaugthered by Megido Flame. Squall survived since he was summoning a GF (the GF took the dammage and died). But then Omega used Terra Break and I was completely slaugthered. I was like OMG, WTF this guy is impossible! But I still fougth him again and scaned him. Scan: Name Omega Weapon. Me: OMEGA Weapon is this the guy on the card? No, his name was ULTIMA Weapon. Scan: Stronger than Ultima Weapon..blablablablabla, strongest monster in the world. Me: Ultima Weapon... so there's 2 Weapon guys... But where the**** can I find ULTIMA Weapon!?!?!?!? But then I found out how to get out of the castle, get the Ragnarok and fianlly... reach the Battleship Island. I defeated Bahamut... and went trough the DSRF. It took me about half an hour to go from the visible Save Point to Ultima Weapon... and he wiped me out in 1min. But it was worth it! First, Squall went like: I have a bad feeling about this... then the heart pounds... the dramatic music started, as did the battle... and the look of Ultima Weapon was... well, let's just say I have never seen such a cool looking boss anywhere else (not even Omega could compare... and yes, purple is my second fav colour. Black's my fav). But I returned later when my party was a bit stronger... and I defeated him after about 12-15 tries (with the use of Lion Heart ). And I returned to the Castle and fougth Omega Weapon... and got killed... many, many times before I finally defeated him (with the use of Lion Heart and 2 hero items ) Then I played other FFs, got better and more strategic... and then I played trough FFVIII once again... and fougth Omega Weapon... and relised the truth about him...
(Geez... I don't understand how it could take me so long to relise that )

...Omega Weapons attacks are not random... they are predicable! This is what can make Ultima Weapon more deadly. Now,who is the deadliest of them? Strong and weak: Omega Weapons strong side: Alot more HP than anyone else in the game. Weakness: Attacks are predicable, therefore the player can be much more prepared and know which move Omega is going to use next time. Ultima Weapons strong side: Use Ligth Pillar (one of the most powerfull non-limitbreak attacks in the game) at RANDOM... so you can't be completely prepared. He also randomly use Gravia whitch is also very deadly. AND at level 100 his speed is 2x Omegas and he's the fastest fiend in the game. Weakness: Not very much HP. Uses an elemental attack.
So basically, the only thing that really make Omega Weapon stronger is that he has much more HP. However... as soon I knew Omega Weapons attack order, I could easily defeat him WITHOUT: Lion heart, hero items, Armagedon fist and The End. Ultima Weapon on the other hand... when I fougth him with the same party with the same stats as when I fougth Omega Weapon earlier... I lost... to 3 unpredicable Ligth Pillars and Gravia followed by Meteor. So really who IS the hardest? If you tell me... then I'll say Ultima Weapon, not because I love him... but, simply because... in my opinion he is the stronger one. If Omega and Ultima Weapon had the same amount of HP, then Ultima Weapon whould kick Omegas butt to the moon.

Now... MOST of thats is just what I posted long ago in another tread about Omega.

THIS part have NOTHING to do with Omega Weapon:

In which FFs do Ultima Weapon appear?

FFVI: Yes... he DO apear in this game but he's called Atma weapon. Now you may think: "WTF? Atma Weapon has NOTHING to do with Ultima Weapon!" WRONG! Time for the Atma>Ultima theory...
In FFVI there's a creature called Atma Weapon. But his real name is... Ultima Weapon. Why do I (and others) think so?
Reasons: 1) The name "Ultima Weapon" includes to many letters in FFVI. Therefore it had to be cut to Utma Weapon. Now, atleast 2 things could have happened. Either... they changed Utma Weapon to Atma Weapon because it sounds cooler... or maybe... the calculator replaced the U with an A by acident. 2) There's a sword called Atma Weapon in FFVI... and there's a sword called Ultima Weapon in FFVII, FFVIII(the creature weilds it) and FFIX.(and in japan, Tidus best weapon is also called Ultima Weapon instead of "whatever the name of his best weapon is"). In FFVI a schoolar tell you about the Atma sword. It's a sword created by the weilders spirit (or something like that). Now... did you notice that Ultima Weapon (the sword) changes colour when Clouds hp is low? Because he's close to die and if he dies, his spirit leaves him. This make both Atma and Ultima Weapon get weaker when your HP is low but extremely strong when your HP is high. Ofcourse, after all it's the same sword! 3) The look of Atma Weapon actually reminds a little of the lower part of Ultima Weapons body in FFVIII. 4) You can kill Atma Weapon by taking away its MP and in FFVII Ultima(te) Weapon only have MP based attacks. Which means that if you take away his MP, he's defenseless. 5) If you scan FFX2s Ultima Weapon it says: "Whatever you do... don't call it Atma." Ofcourse not! Because his true name never was Atma. Its true name was Ultima Weapon all the time. They just had to take away 2 letters (L and I) and all that stuff.

Ok, now let us continue with the other FFs...

FFVII: Ultimate Weapon is 1 of the 5 Weapons in FFVII. His look somewhat reminds of a demonic centaur. FFVIIs Ultima(te) Weapon actually have an important place in the story and, while he's not hard to battle... he's very frustrating :love: (those who've beaten him in FFVII should know why). You battle him both in the air and on the ground. While in the air, you can only reach him with long reach attacks and while on the ground he'll use Quake attacks.
note: In the final battle with him... he's dammaged and will go down pretty fast if you don't use an elexir on him when the battle starts. This will restore him completely and he'll be a bit tougher. But still no big deal...

FFVIII: The coolest look ever. In FFVIII Ultima Weapon have many deadly attacks and is the fastest fiend in the game (when fought on level 80-100). He dwells in the deep sea research facility where you'll face alot of battles where you can't run and this is the only place in the game where you can batlle 2 iron gigants at once! :eek: If you don't have the GF Siren... then you'll have to go trough alot of battles everytime you lose against Ultima Weapon. He weilds the same sword as Cloud can get in FFVII: the "Ultima Weapon" sword. But it's much bigger! Which ofcourse means that Ultima Weapon have a stronger spirit than Cloud!!! :p

FFIX: No creature... but the sword is still in the game. But in this game it's a double bladed sword that can inflict sleep on the targets if added effect is equiped. The weapon is extremely powerfull and is by far the most powerfull weapon for Zidane.

FFX: He dwells in the Omega ruins and is guarding the path to Omega Weapon. He's way to easy in this game but atleast he have 1 very powerfull spell (holy) which he use... far to rarely. :mad:
However, you can bribe him instead of beating him. If you do... then he'll leave a great gift.

FFX2: In this game Ultima Weapon is stronger than Omega in just about every way... but they'r both way too easy, weak and patetic in this game. :mad: However... Ultima Weapon have some great attacks like Meteor and Mighty Guard G!!! :eek: But his lack of HP and stats is a shame. :shame:

The stats from each game:
FFVI: Atma Weapon:
HP: 24,000
MP: 5,000
Str: 45
Def: 142
Mag: 5
MagDef: 97
Speed: 67
Evade:20
MagEvade: 10
EXP: no
Drop Item: no
Steal Item: no

FFVII: Ultimate Weapon:
HP 100,000
MP 400
EXP 0
AP 0
Gil 0
note: you get EXP, AP and Gil in the final battle with him.
Drop Item: Ultima Weapon
Steal Item: Cursed Ring (Steal at Mideel), Circlet (Steal at Fort Condor or Northern Crater), Reflect Ring (Steal at Midgar or Corel)
(didn't have much info about this one) :shame:

FFVIII: Ultima Weapon:
HP: 51,100 - 160,000 depending on level
Str: 40 - 254 depending on level
Vit: 12 - 188 depending on level
Mag: 8 - 213 depending on level
Spr: 127 - 160 depending on level
Spd: 27 - 145 depending on level
Eva: 0 - 5 depending on level.
EXP: no
AP: 100
Draw: Regen, Dispel, Ultima, Eden
Drop Card: Eden
Drop Item: 100 Ultima Stones
Mug Item: Three Stars

FFX: Ultima Weapon:
HP: 70,000 (Overkill: 13,560)
MP: 999
Str: 50
Def: 60
Mag: 45
MagDef: 60
Spd: 28
Evade: no
AP: 40000 (Overkill: 50000)
Gil: 20000
Drop Item : Level 3 Key Sphere
Steal Item: Door to Tomorrow x10 (Door to Tomorrow x20 rare)
BRIBE: Pendulum x99 (1,400,000 Gil)

FFX2: Ultima Weapon:
HP: 34300 (Oversoul: 67515)
MP: 9999
Str: 74 (Oversoul: 84)
Def: 32 (Oversoul: 82)
Mag: 53 (Oversoul: 63)
MagDef: 33 (Oversoul: 83)
Spd: 112 (Oversoul: 155)
Evasion: no
EXP: 3350 (Oversoul: 4230)
AP: 1 (Oversoul: 2)
Gil: 3000
Drop Item: Safety Bit/Rune Bracer (Oversoul: Rune Bracer/Crystal Bangle)
Steal Item: Supreme Gem

Ultima Weapon challanges (I've done all the following myself):

FFVI: Solo character and without using magic.
Hardness: Average.

FFVII (In the final battle with him): Solo character, initial equipment and no materia + use an elexir on him when the battle begins.
Hardness: Pretty Easy.

FFVIII: You have no drawable GFs and card refining is not allowed. You have no junctioning at all... only Abilities like: Item, Magic, GF etc. Your characters only have their first weapons and you battle him at level 100.
Hardness: Very hard. (and since you won't have Siren you have to go trough alot of battles everytime you lose. :eek: )

FFX: No.

FFX2 (Oversouled): You are only allowed to use the Black and White mage dress sphere and only the first, useless, Garment Grid. No accesories are allowed. When the battle start, use a stamina tablet on Ultima Weapon and you have to heal him 4 times with X-potions before you attack him.
Hardness: Hard.

And remember: whenever Ultima Weapon appears in a tournament tread... VOTE HIM!!!
Because Ultima Weapon is the greatest Boss in game history. :tongue:
And just for the sake of it... I'll post this cool link: http://www.googlism.com/what_is/u/ultima_weapon/
In chase you still don't know what Ultima Weapon "is". :p
Note: I've also beaten Ultima Weapon in FFVIII completely without ANY junctioning at all!
Hardness: Very hard!

lgrowse
12-22-2004, 02:36 PM
i got eden from tiamat in the final castle and used the gates to grt back!

Ultima Shadow
12-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Ofcourse...
I always get Eden from Timat and NOT from Ultima Weapon so it's completely possible to attack Ultima Weapon with Eden. Just keep in mind: Ultima Weapon rules! :tongue:

lgrowse
12-22-2004, 03:15 PM
i hate ultima weapon because it is not very power full!

Ultima Shadow
12-22-2004, 03:44 PM
i hate ultima weapon because it is not very power full!
:mad2: !!! *trows rock at Igrowse* :tongue:
Then I guess you hate every singel boss and encounter in the whole game... because there is no "very powerfull" boss/encounter in "THE WHOLE GAME!!!"
And why do you use Ultima Weapon in your avatar if you hate him? :mad2:

Ultima Weapon is supreme and the most powerfull boss in the game! But there's alot of overpowered attacks and moves in this game that you can master and if you use those attacks and moves... then every battle in the whole game becames a cakewalk! Now... tell me "HOW" you defeated him...
It's a pity that some people can't see the true, supreme awesomeness in Ultima Weapon... :cry:

lgrowse
12-22-2004, 04:12 PM
how dare you say that! I dont like you
ps ultima weapon is rubbish!
i thought it was bahumt

Ultima Shadow
12-22-2004, 04:50 PM
how dare you say that! I dont like you
ps ultima weapon is rubbish!
i thought it was bahumt
How dare I say... what exactly? :) Whatever it was... I'm just telling the truth. :p
I guess you used Lion Heart to defeat Ultima Weapon... and a few hero-items... :rolleyes2
Well, Bahamut is a powerless wimp compared to Ultima Weapon... :rolleyes2

lgrowse
12-22-2004, 06:29 PM
no just eden witch did 99,999 damage when squall ia at lv95

Ultima Shadow
12-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh? I'm afraid there's a bug in your game then...
Either that... or you're playing at PC with some screwed patch or something...
Because: 1) Eden "CAN'T" do more than 60,000 dammage. 2) Ultima Weapon have more than 99,999 HP.

Auronhart
12-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Lets assume he has the PC version.

1) Eden "CAN'T" do more than 60,000 dammage.
Yes.

2) Ultima Weapon have more than 99,999 HP.
Depends on the levels of his other characters.
Overall, he could not have killed him in one hit with Eden, but it could be close if his other party members were low level.

Ultima Shadow
12-22-2004, 09:06 PM
Depends on the levels of his other characters.
Overall, he could not have killed him in one hit with Eden, but it could be close if his other party members were low level.
Yea, but...

And Ultima Weapons level depends on Squalls level. Therefore Ultima Weapons level should have been about level 95-100. And at that level it takes about 150,000-160,000 dammage to defeat Ultima Weapon.
Also... the fact that he said Eden did 99,999 dammage make me wonder... how much of what he tells is actually true?

Auronhart
12-22-2004, 09:22 PM
At least in the PC version, Ultima's level is the average of your party members levels. (I just checked this)

the fact that he said Eden did 99,999 dammage make me wonder
I've never seen a level 100 Eden do more than a little above 60,000.

Ultima Shadow
12-22-2004, 09:34 PM
At least in the PC version, Ultima's level is the average of your party members levels. (I just checked this)

I've never seen a level 100 Eden do more than a little above 60,000.
Oh, I see... but Ultima Weapons level should still have been high enough to make his HP reach 100,000+...
And when I summoned Eden at level 100 with 255mag and full boost on a meltdowned target I still only did 60,000. Not 1 singel dammage more than 60,000...
Ah, well... whatever...
Ultima Weapon couldn't have been killed with just 1 Eternal Breath and Eden can't do 99,999 dammage.
And Ultima Weapon is the most awesome boss in ff... no, GAME history!!! :tongue:

Edit: I wish I could do a FFVIII remake... :(

rubah
12-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Ah, but my question pertained to Omega, not your precious Ultima:) Because I don't really have an issue with him (although unlike you, I don't go in for the extreme challenges.) However, I won't make an issue of this, so don't feel pressured to say anything more:)

Very interesting quote though, makes me feel better about ffxii though (in which there will supposedly be a summon called atma:D)

Ultima Shadow
12-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Ah, but my question pertained to Omega, not your precious Ultima:) Because I don't really have an issue with him (although unlike you, I don't go in for the extreme challenges.) However, I won't make an issue of this, so don't feel pressured to say anything more:)

Very interesting quote though, makes me feel better about ffxii though (in which there will supposedly be a summon called atma:D)
Don't worry. I've got some info about Omega Weapon as well. Check this out:
Ah..... Omega Weapon... the first extra boss I ever fougth...
OK... if you haven't beaten the game yet then I recomend that you stop reading rigth now!
Ready?... ok, here we go...

To start with:
Omega Weapon is by most people treated as the strongest and hardest boss in FFVIII... well, in my opinion he's not (any more).

About Me and FFVIII: This was my first real RPG... in the begining everything was confusing... it took a long time before I relised how the junction system really worked. However... in the end I loved the game more than anything else. It was my absolute fav game until I played FFVII (but that's another long story). I even loved the Card game from the very begining to the very end. Then suddenly it happend... I got the Ultima Weapon Card... the last boss card... and I thougth that the name was very cool. So I couldn't wait until I should figth this boss and was thinking about him very much. Then I reached Ultimecias Castle...

The Two Weapons:
...And I thougth... what? I haven't fougth any Ultima Weapon and still I'm just before the final boss. But I figured out how to figth Omega and when I fougth him, it went like this: I survived lvl5 Death. Squall: summon GF. Rinoa and Zell... um... did something patetic and got slaugthered by Megido Flame. Squall survieved since he was summoning a GF (the GF took the dammage and died). But then Omega used Terra Break and I was completely slaugthered. I was like OMG, WTF this guy is impossible! But I still fougth him again and scaned him. Scan: Name Omega Weapon. Me: OMEGA Weapon is this the guy on the card? No, his name was ULTIMA Weapon. Scan: Stronger than Ultima Weapon..blablablablabla, strongest monster in the world. Me: Ultima Weapon... so there's 2 Weapon guys... But where the*** can I find ULTIMA Weapon!?!?!?!? But then I found out how to get out of the castle, get the Ragnarok and fianlly... reach the Battleship Island. I defeated Bahamut... and went trough the DSRF. It took me about half an hour to go from the visible Save Point to Ultima Weapon... and he wiped me out in 1min. But it was worth it. First Squall: I have a bad feeling about this... then the heart pounds... the music started, as did the battle... and the look of Ultima Weapon was... well, let's just say I have never seen such a cool looking boss anywhere else. But I returned later when my party was stronger... and I defeated him after many tries (with the use of Lion Heart :nonono: :whimper: :-[ ). And I returned to the Castle and fougth Omega Weapon... and got killed... many, many times before I finally defeated him (with the use of Lion Heart and 2 hero items :nonono: :whimper: :-[ ) Then I played other FFs, got better and more strategic... and then I played trough FFVIII once again... and fougth Omega Weapon... and relised the truth about him...
(Geez... I don't understand how it could take me so long to relise that :rolleyes2 )

Omega Weapon VS Ultima Weapon:
...Omega Weapons attacks isn't random... they are predicable! This is what can make Ultima Weapon more deadly. Now,who is the deadliest of them? Strong and weak: Omega Weapons strong side: Alot more HP than anyone else. Weakness: Attacks are predicable, therefore the player can be much more prepared. Ultima Weapons strong side: Use Ligth Pillar (one of the most powerfull monster attacks in the game) at RANDOM... so you can't be completely prepared. He also randomly use Gravia whitch is also very deadly. Weakness: Not very much HP.
So basically, the only thing that really make Omega Weapon stronger is that he has much more HP. However... as soon knew Omega Weapon attack order, I could easily defeat him WITHOUT: Lion heart, hero items, Armagedon fist and The End. Ultima Weapon on the other hand... when I fougth him with the same party with the same stats as when I fougth Omega Weapon earlier... I lost... to 3 unpredicable Ligth Pillars and a Gravia-Meteor combo. So really who IS the hardest? If you tell me... then I say Ultima Weapon, not because I love him... but, simply because... in my opinion he is the stronger one. If Omega and Ultima Weapon had the same amount of HP, then Ultima Weapon whould kick Omegas butt to the moon. :D

About Omega Weapon:
Attacks and how to avoid them: 1) lvl 5 Death. Either, don't be at a level multiplised by 5, OR junction 100 Deaths to your stat-def.
2) Meteor. Have high spr (shell halves the dammage).
3) Megido Flame. This is Omegas mos deadly attack. It does exactly 9998 dammage to the party and neither protect or shell will work. To survive... either Block with a GF or have 9999 HP before the attack (make sure to heal with megaelexir after this attack, but you may wait until Omega Weapon does his next move since it won't hurt you at all if your hp is1).
4) Gravia. This attack dammage 3/4 of your current HP (this attack can't kill so if HP is 1, this attack will do 0 dammage).
5) Terra Break. This may be your end. If you'r not prepared that is... but all you need is the ability Defend. If you use Defend when Omega Weapon uses Terra Break... then you will take 0 dammage! So you should get the Defend ability to as many party members as you can.
6) Ultima. Same as Meteor.
7) Ligth Pillar. Since this attack does 9999 dammage to one of your party members, no matter what, the one who is hit will die. But worry not, since Omegas Ligth Pillar is predicable, you just need to be prepared to revive the one who dies.
After all this Omega Weapons attacks will repeat... all but lvl5 death, so you will always be prepared. Oh, and one more thing... He may use a psychical attack at random(wow RANDOM) betweene the other moves, but don't worry, it's a weak attack and it may miss!
Draw: Flare, Holy, Meteor, and Ultima
Looks like: A silver coloured demon centaur.
My personal, special way to figth him with only 2 party members withou spending magic: Have 2 party members junction the Defend, recover and revive abilities. Now FIGTH! after Megido Flame your 2 characters will have 1 HP, now's the time for the LimitBreaks! (Have high Evade so that IF Omega use his normal attack at this time, then it will miss) after Gravia, make sure to Defend. As soon as Terra Break is casted, then use recover to restore HP fro 1 to full, after the Ligth Pillar, use Revive. Then Keep going this way until you beat him!

Side Info:
How to get the Defend ability: The GF Brothers have it and they are found in the tomb of the unknown king. You can also get it by refining 100 of some kind of item that some kind of monster drop. But I don't remember whitch monster or item... however :D . (special thanx to Aeris2001x2 for telling me the GF the Brothers location since I never got them myself before he told me about them... long ago...)
How to get 100 Death spells: Draw from Tonberries and/or Toramas.
How many FFs do Omega Weapon exist in: FFV, (known as just Omega, Omega Weapon) FFVIII, FFX and FFX2 (patetic enemy in this one).
Q:Who looks cooler, Omega Weapon or Ultima Weapon? A:ULTIMA WEAPON OFCOURSE!!!!!
Ways I have Beaten Omega Weapon:1) Solo Squall, no Lion Heart or hero items.
2) With a blindfold! (no Lionheart, the end, hero items or armagedon fists.) I didn't see anything trough the whole battle! I only heard the sound effects and tried to imagine the situation, and it worked!:cool:
Now I'm a FF Boss Master and Beat every Super Boss in Every FF without cheap methods. I NEVER USE THE END, HERO ITEMS, ARMAGEDON FIST, NEVER LEARN INVINCIBLE MOON AND NEVER BUY LION HEART!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... *completely insane laugh*

That's all... have a nice day! :D

ChaosCalibur
12-23-2004, 02:52 AM
Ultima Weapon! :smash: There's nothing like it, Although i hate light pillars, it's one of the two words in the terms of FF world that actually have me running scared :(

lgrowse
12-23-2004, 07:27 AM
i have the europian version of the game on ps1

Braindead_Paul
12-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Omega (Weapon) "the heartless" (FFV) rules!

Auronhart
12-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Ultima Weapon couldn't have been killed with just 1 Eternal Breath
In the general case this is wrong. In the PC version (probably in the PS version too) his life can be just under 60,000 with low level characters. (I have the PC strategy guide, so I don't know what the PS one says about his HP at level 8-9)

Eden can't do 99,999 dammage.
Correct.

Ok, people, listen, don't argue with Ultima Shadow because no matter hat you say, you are still wrong, and he is right. Argument settled.
Hey, he is still human and therefore prone to mistakes...or is he? :confused: :confused:

did 60,000. Not 1 singel dammage more than 60,000...
Hmm, you are probably right about this, I thought I got a little bit above 60,000, but I guess it was a little bit below 60,000. I don't think magic has any effect on GF power though. (if it does, it is incredibly small)

Ultima Shadow
12-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Ok, people, listen, don't argue with Ultima Shadow because no matter hat you say, you are still wrong, and he is right. Argument settled.

Besides, in my opinion, they were both pretty weak, even at level 100.
True, true Doomy. ;) And yes... they ARE both WAY too weak. :mad:

In the general case this is wrong. In the PC version (probably in the PS version too) his life can be just under 60,000 with low level characters. (I have the PC strategy guide, so I don't know what the PS one says about his HP at level 8-9)
Yea... BUT if you're going to level Eden to 100... then you need to level your characters as well... therefore Ultima Weapons level can't be level 8-9 if you have Eden at level 100... as long as you don't play the PS version and ONLY level with some character that's not Squall...
Ok, then it's possible, I guess, but only in the PS... since the partys average level will go far beyond 8-9 if 1 of them is level 100.

Hey, he is still human and therefore prone to mistakes...or is he? :confused: :confused:
No, I'm not. :p

Hmm, you are probably right about this, I thought I got a little bit above 60,000, but I guess it was a little bit below 60,000. I don't think magic has any effect on GF power though. (if it does, it is incredibly small)
Yea, 60,000 seem to be the "limmit". Oh, and I'm not sure about that either actually... I just get the impresion that GFs SHOULD depend a bit on the mag stats since they are magical. But... whatever... :cool:

Ultima Weapon! :smash: There's nothing like it, Although i hate light pillars, it's one of the two words in the terms of FF world that actually have me running scared :(
:love:

Shoden
12-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Omega weapon was stronger as one of his attacks did 9998 t all characters and plus its hard to get all your commands unlocked in the castle and by the time you reach omega you may have used all them phoenix downs heroes and potions so your at a disadvantage ultima only does 9999 to one character and has auto haste equipped so it has the same speed as omega at default plus omega had stronger attacks ultima just had basic attack light pillar and gravija. so technically Omega owns it ultima looked better i defeated ultima in my 2nd attempt as i forgot to draw eden from him

Ultima Shadow
12-23-2004, 11:43 PM
Omega weapon was stronger as one of his attacks did 9998 t all characters and plus its hard to get all your commands unlocked in the castle and by the time you reach omega you may have used all them phoenix downs heroes and potions so your at a disadvantage ultima only does 9999 to one character and has auto haste equipped so it has the same speed as omega at default plus omega had stronger attacks ultima just had basic attack light pillar and gravija. so technically Omega owns it ultima looked better i defeated ultima in my 2nd attempt as i forgot to draw eden from him
1) the Light Pillar attack can be more dangerous than Megido Flame since it finish off 1 of your characters while you can easily survive Megido Flame if all your characters have 9999HP and then counter it with a megaelexir. 2) The DSRF is much, much whorse than the castle + who needs pheonix downs? Full Life, man! On the other hand... you don't need reviving stuff at all while fighting Omega. And hero-items= cheat. 3) Yes, Ultima Weapon is auto-hasted but it still makes him faster + even without the auto-haste he's about 40% faster than Omega. 4) Ultima Weapon have higher atk, mag and spr stats. 5) He don't only have those attacks... he use Meteor and Quake as well. 6) The greatest advantage of all... what really make Ultima Weapon stronger... Omega Weapon is predictable and Ultima Weapon is not! 3 unpredictable Light Pillars in a row is much more dangerous than any of Omega Weapons predictable moves.

Shoden
12-23-2004, 11:49 PM
dont get it as 9998 to all chars and depending on your stats omega weapon could attack straight after thats what happened to me and that got me pissed off bad. ultima weapon was easy it had low vitality so i didnt use meltdown just 2 rounds of rezokukens + lionheart and ultima was dead whlst it took eden boosted to 210 and 5 lionhearts to kill omega and i ran out of items and squall was down to 1 hp

well Ultima weapon had low defense and attack power it relied on magic attacks so you could of easilly countered them with doomtrain = a few nomral attacks and you have a Babrbequesd ultima weapon

EDIT: Please don't double post. -Murder

Ultima Shadow
12-23-2004, 11:56 PM
dont get it as 9998 to all chars and depending on your stats omega weapon could attack straight after thats what happened to me and that got me pissed off bad. ultima weapon was easy it had low vitality so i didnt use meltdown just 2 rounds of rezokukens + lionheart and ultima was dead whlst it took eden boosted to 210 and 5 lionhearts to kill omega and i ran out of items and squall was down to 1 hp
1) Omega is either harder or easier than Ultima Weapon depending on your knowledge about Omega. If you know enough about Omega Weapon and the way he attack, then you can defeat him without having any of your characters KOed even once. I can fight Omega Weapon and be 100% sure that I will win the battle as long as there's no bug that will ruin it all.
2) Ultima Weapon have about the 3th highest vit out of all bosses in the whole game and Omegas is just slightly higher + that can be ignored thanks to meltdown.
3) Don't use Lion Heart. Fight fair! :p

well Ultima weapon had low defense and attack power it relied on magic attacks so you could of easilly countered them with doomtrain = a few nomral attacks and you have a Babrbequesd ultima weapon
:O_O: Ummm... Ultima Weapon have the highest attack power in the whole game! At level 100 it's 254!!! Just 1 less than completely maxed out!!! Also... he seem to attack twice in the same turn sometimes...
If you belive a boss is hard because you have to hit it many times... then Omega is harder... if not... then it's Ultima.
ps: don't double post.

Shoden
12-24-2004, 12:00 AM
hmmm Ultima s defense was low even when i didnt use meltdown ultima was quite predictable as it only done light pillar after you attacked with hi damage while omega had several brutal attacks if you casted silence on ultima then all you need to woory bout is light pillar ultima has a weakness not critically hi strength vitality and silencing it makes it easy it has a lack of attacks while omega had a few

Ultima Shadow
12-24-2004, 12:10 AM
hmmm Ultima s defense was low even when i didnt use meltdown ultima was quite predictable as it only done light pillar after you attacked with hi damage while omega had several brutal attacks if you casted silence on ultima then all you need to woory bout is light pillar ultima has a weakness not critically hi strength vitality and silencing it makes it easy it has a lack of attacks while omega had a few
Well, Omegas defense isn't much higher...
Ultima Weapon is not predictable. All Omegas attacks could easily be countered without causing any harm at all. Silence? Ultima Weapon is immune to all status effects but meltdown and aura! Atleast in the PS version when fought at level 60+...
Ultima Weapon have no weakpoint...
Ultima Weapon have higher str than any other creature in the game!
Ultima Weapon have 5 attacks and Omega have 7 but 1 of Omegas attacks is only used once in the whole battle. (lvl5 death)

Auronhart
12-24-2004, 01:08 AM
as long as you don't play the PS version and ONLY level with some character that's not Squall...
Ok, then it's possible, I guess, but only in the PS... since the partys average level will go far beyond 8-9 if 1 of them is level 100.
You can do that in the PC version too, just level characters you are not going to use for the battle.

If you belive a boss is hard because you have to hit it many times... then Omega is harder... if not... then it's Ultima.
They are both a cakewalk because:
1. There are 3-4 characters limit breaks (Irvine's fast shot, Rinoa's angel wing, Zell's duel or Squall's lionheart) which can kill ultima almost immediately (even at level 100). (which basically means unless you have super low defense, he cannot kill you fast enough)
2. Omega is predictable and slow and can be wiped out with him getting only a couple of turns.

rubah
12-24-2004, 03:27 AM
Eden boosted to 210?

Dude, rethink your boosting abilities. You should be able to get her to 250 with no problem (which is the max. I usually get this about when the planet turns into a clock, give or take a little while.)

Perhaps you're holding the controller wrong. I find wedging my left thumb into the select button hurts, but it's the easiest way to hold it. (and I mean that sucker hurts, I'm surprised it isn't callused:/) then try wrapping your hand around the right side of the controll, using one of your three middle fingers on your right hand to boost.

Using your thumb is just dumb. (of course, if you're playing without a controller like this, well, then, good luck^^)

Bleh, you can't hardly control when you get lionheart anyways, usually it's just the equivilant of another hit with renzokuken;P

(and now I wish I hadn't played Ultima in my current game already. all this stuff is sort of interesting:P)

Shoden
12-24-2004, 09:14 AM
what do you mean i used silence no problem on ultima and i find it hard to keep track of pressing square all the time it isnt really easy to get it 250 as i dont like using my fingers im comftable using my thumb. it depends on what lvl you fight ultima and omega at if you fight omega 80+ then he has 1000 extra health more attack power vitality and skills ultima just uses light pillar more often. Ultima was slightly hard but when i fought omega i got very frustrated coz once i figred out one pattern he changed to another my game doesnt like me!!!!!!!!

Ultima Shadow
12-24-2004, 10:45 AM
You can do that in the PC version too, just level characters you are not going to use for the battle.

They are both a cakewalk because:
1. There are 3-4 characters limit breaks (Irvine's fast shot, Rinoa's angel wing, Zell's duel or Squall's lionheart) which can kill ultima almost immediately (even at level 100). (which basically means unless you have super low defense, he cannot kill you fast enough)
2. Omega is predictable and slow and can be wiped out with him getting only a couple of turns.
Oh... well, by average party level I thought ALL characters where included. I've never played the PC one. :p
And, yea... it's all true. They are both easy wimps... and so is all the other bosses in the whole game. But Ultima Weapon can atleast finish off 1 of your characters with light pillar. Omega can't.

what do you mean i used silence no problem on ultima and i find it hard to keep track of pressing square all the time it isnt really easy to get it 250 as i dont like using my fingers im comftable using my thumb. it depends on what lvl you fight ultima and omega at if you fight omega 80+ then he has 1000 extra health more attack power vitality and skills ultima just uses light pillar more often. Ultima was slightly hard but when i fought omega i got very frustrated coz once i figred out one pattern he changed to another my game doesnt like me!!!!!!!!
Ok, you're playing the PC version... the PS one is much better. :p
Well, Omega NEVER change attack pattern... it was just your imagnation. Omega is the greatest wimp.

Auronhart
12-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Ok, you're playing the PS version... the PS one is much better.
I usually play the PS one (I bought the PS version because my PC one was failing) and yes it is better in every way except for the graphics. The PC version is easy for me to test stuff though, because saves don't take up space on my memory cards.

Ultima Shadow
12-24-2004, 11:27 AM
I usually play the PS one (I bought the PS version because my PC one was failing) and yes it is better in every way except for the graphics. The PC version is easy for me to test stuff though, because saves don't take up space on my memory cards.
Erm... I meaned that he was playing the PC and not PS. My mistake... since I wrote PS anyway. :rolleyes2
Because like he said, Omega leveled... and in the PS version he don't + it's impossible to silence Ultima Weapon.
He seem to play the PC version but the PS is much better. That's what I tried to say! :p *edits*

Auronhart
12-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Because like he said, Omega leveled
Oh, I see what you are saying. Yes, Omega does level in the PC version. (which I personally think is kind of ridiculuous (I mean he's already super easy....Unless we are talking about the no-junction omega challenge))

when i fought omega i got very frustrated coz once i figred out one pattern he changed to another my game doesnt like me!!!!!!!!
His pattern never changes, (even in the PC version) except sometimes he adds a normal attack in between his set attacks.

Angel Rinoa
12-24-2004, 12:51 PM
The Ultima Weapon can't be that awful.. it's second to the Omega Weapon. Now that's something to be afraid of.

Shoden
12-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Oh... well, by average party level I thought ALL characters where included. I've never played the PC one. :p
And, yea... it's all true. They are both easy wimps... and so is all the other bosses in the whole game. But Ultima Weapon can atleast finish off 1 of your characters with light pillar. Omega can't.

Ok, you're playing the PC version... the PS one is much better. :p
Well, Omega NEVER change attack pattern... it was just your imagnation. Omega is the greatest wimp.

what!!!! i have the playstation one special edition ff8 Omega weapon done megido flame then an attack killing all in my party as i only had enough spells to max out squalls health to 9999 i think it's kinda my fault for not drawing spells in disc 2 and 3 though but ultima did subdue to a silence that lasted 4 turns and no other silences worked after that

Ultima Shadow
12-24-2004, 02:26 PM
The Ultima Weapon can't be that awful.. it's second to the Omega Weapon. Now that's something to be afraid of.
AAARGH!!! I can't stand this! Omega Weapon is an EXTREMELY overrated wimp!!! :(

what!!!! i have the playstation one special edition ff8 Omega weapon done megido flame then an attack killing all in my party as i only had enough spells to max out squalls health to 9999 i think it's kinda my fault for not drawing spells in disc 2 and 3 though but ultima did subdue to a silence that lasted 4 turns and no other silences worked after that
Oh... but you said Omega leveled with you... and he doesn't in the PS version. He's permanent at level 100. Also, anyone who knows Omega Weapon good enough and have some kind of way to heal your party good enough in 1 turn can beat Omega without having even 1 character KOed even once. Om,ega Weapon is slow... therefore you should be able to heal after Megido Flame long before Omega can attack you again. If your characters are too slow... then just have 1 character on standby until Omega use Megido Flame and then heal. People think Omega Weapon is hard only because they ignore his obivious attack pattern. :tongue:

ps: Ultima Weapon is IMMUNE to silence... therefore I find it a bit strange that you could use it on him.

Shoden
12-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Omeggas attack apptern changes all the time in each battle omega has higher vitality health and attack than ultima ultima is just annoying its weak silence it and keep a few phoenix pinions in stock and in 3 turns ultima is dead

Ultima Shadow
12-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Omeggas attack apptern changes all the time in each battle omega has higher vitality health and attack than ultima ultima is just annoying its weak silence it and keep a few phoenix pinions in stock and in 3 turns ultima is dead
Not much of what you're saying makes sense...
Omegas attack pattern NEVER changes. Omegas str is LOWER than Ultima Weapon... since Ultima Weapon have 254str at level 100!!! Vit is usless because of meltdown and Omegas vit is only slightly higher than Ultimas. Ultima Weapon can't be silenced. Ultima Weapon can finish off 1 or 2 of your characters in those 3 rounds... Omega cannot (if your way of fighting him makes sense).

Auronhart
12-25-2004, 12:06 AM
turn can beat Omega without having even 1 character KOed even once. Om,ega Weapon is slow... therefore you should be able to heal after Megido Flame long before Omega can attack you again. If your characters are too slow... then just have 1 character on standby until Omega use Megido Flame and then heal. People think Omega Weapon is hard only because they ignore his obivious attack pattern.
Yeah, plus even if you don't know his pattern, abusing certain people's limit breaks (Rinoa and Zell especially) can easily finish him off before he does medigo flame.
Silence does not work in the PC version either.

Angel Rinoa
12-25-2004, 01:01 PM
AAARGH!!! I can't stand this! Omega Weapon is an EXTREMELY overrated wimp!!! :(

How's that? :|

Ultima Shadow
12-25-2004, 05:16 PM
How's that? :|
Everyone seem to think that he's the hardest boss in FF history or something equal to that... but any average party with atleast 1 character with 9999 hp should be able to beat the crap out of Omega with ease. Omega Weapon is the most overrated boss in FF history... NOT the hardest.

ChaosCalibur
12-25-2004, 07:06 PM
No way, Penence is the most overrated :\

Ultima Shadow
12-25-2004, 07:17 PM
No way, Penence is the most overrated :\
Not really. :rolleyes2
Penance is actually a hard and powerfull foe. Omega's not. And still it seems like people think Omega is harder.
There's nothing more overrated than Omega Weapon. I've only fought 1 RPG boss that's actually pretty equall to Penance... and that's Dullahan from GS2. Penance is unpredictable, have high stats, extremely high HP and have some very powerfull attacks... Omega is predictable and a overrated wimp.
Penance is not the hardest boss in RPG history. But he's absolutely the hardest FF boss so far.
You need to prepare alot before batteling Penance. As for Omega... as long as some character have 9999HP, the defend ability and not effected by level5 death... you can pretty much just jump into the battle and take him down with ease.

Auronhart
12-25-2004, 08:05 PM
I wish Omega was unpredictable + the end wouldn't work on him + there were no invincibility (cheat) items. :cry: That would make him more of a challenge, but still easy. (he could do terra break as his first move!) Even a human controlled Omega Weapon could be beaten.

Ultima Shadow
12-25-2004, 09:15 PM
I wish Omega was unpredictable + the end wouldn't work on him + there were no invincibility (cheat) items. :cry: That would make him more of a challenge, but still easy. (he could do terra break as his first move!) Even a human controlled Omega Weapon could be beaten.
All true. But I wish it was Ultima Weapon instead... with 15,000,000HP and moves like Terra Break and Megido Flame instead of Quake and Meteor... + permanent Triple and being able to cast Ultima and dispell... and Apocalypse!!! And ofcourse... Bad Breath! :cool: Imagine what a great battle!!! :cool: I mean... Ultima Weapon is so much cooler than Omega... he would deserve this more. I really, really wish I could do a FFVIII remake...

Auronhart
12-26-2004, 07:45 AM
All true. But I wish it was Ultima Weapon instead... with 15,000,000HP and moves like Terra Break and Megido Flame instead of Quake and Meteor... + permanent Triple and being able to cast Ultima and dispell... and Apocalypse!!! And ofcourse... Bad Breath! Imagine what a great battle!!! I mean... Ultima Weapon is so much cooler than Omega... he would deserve this more.
Actually, I have to agree with you, Ultima Weapon is much cooler looking then Omega. Yes, those stats would make it quite fun (challenging=fun), but of course you have to boost his speed a little, (from 145 to 200) max his magic (because otherwise ultima/apocalypse is basically useless) and set his level to 100 like Omega's is currently. Yes, that would be really fun and the idea I like the most is that you would have to use everything at your disposal to beat him.

Imagine what a great battle!!!
That is so true! :)

I really, really wish I could do a FFVIII remake...
Yeah, that would be so cool. Time for me to start programming it :p...it's too bad it would take such a long time. :(

Ultima Shadow
12-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Actually, I have to agree with you, Ultima Weapon is much cooler looking then Omega. Yes, those stats would make it quite fun (challenging=fun), but of course you have to boost his speed a little, (from 145 to 200) max his magic (because otherwise ultima/apocalypse is basically useless) and set his level to 100 like Omega's is currently. Yes, that would be really fun and the idea I like the most is that you would have to use everything at your disposal to beat him.
Yea, and his "hit" and "luck" should be very high as well... (hit=255 Luck=150 etc.) since that would mean that he won't miss with his standard attacks + high chanse of getting crictical hit. And also 255spr... and auto protect!!! :D Hmmm... maybe he should have some kind of "Ultima Spheres" that help him as well. 2 purple things that's glowing and floating in the air and that can cast Curaga, Shell, Esuna (to recover from meltdown!!!) and a few attacks like Ultima, Meteor and Meltdown (Imagine Ultima Weapon attacking YOUR characters when THEY are meltdown :D ) etc.

That is so true! :)
Yes, indeed... :)

Yeah, that would be so cool. Time for me to start programming it :p...it's too bad it would take such a long time. :(
I would do it if I knew how to do. But I know nothing about programing... :rolleyes2

ChaosCalibur
12-26-2004, 04:15 PM
Well, all of that is possible, all you have to do is mess around with the PC version of the game...

Wolfmeister
12-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Omega still harder than Ultima....

Omega only needs to randomize its skills and the battle will be even more "near impossible".
While Ultima has to improve his HP to millions and his skill which is depend only from Light Pillar. His speed won't help it all though.

:p

Auronhart
12-26-2004, 11:38 PM
I would do it if I knew how to do. But I know nothing about programing...
It is very easy, just pick up a C++ book and compiler and start programming! The graphics are the part I find much harder.:(

Well, all of that is possible, all you have to do is mess around with the PC version of the game...
If you know how to seriously hack the game, yes it is possible.

Yea, and his "hit" and "luck" should be very high as well... (hit=255 Luck=150 etc.) since that would mean that he won't miss with his standard attacks + high chanse of getting crictical hit. And also 255spr... and auto protect!!! Hmmm... maybe he should have some kind of "Ultima Spheres" that help him as well. 2 purple things that's glowing and floating in the air and that can cast Curaga, Shell, Esuna (to recover from meltdown!!!) and a few attacks like Ultima, Meteor and Meltdown (Imagine Ultima Weapon attacking YOUR characters when THEY are meltdown ) etc.
And they also could test your characters for any statuses they are vulnerable to and then exploit those statuses. :) (i.e. they cast sleep on each person and if anyone falls asleep they will add it to their "permanent cast" list so it gets cycled through every once in a while. Plus they could cast annoying statuses like doom/slow petrify.)
Hmm, maybe that would be too hard to add, though, but it would be cool.

Omega only needs to randomize its skills and the battle will be even more "near impossible".
Whatever, unless he does Terra Break as his first move, I would still crush him like an ant. (and probably would still beat him even then)
As I said, he would be still beatable even if he was human controlled.

Shoden
12-27-2004, 04:38 PM
thats strange as when i fought ultima i got 5 moves before ultima got 1 but 1 move to him was 3 to me. Omega weapon had higher attack power i was at lv 71 when i fought ultima weapon and 82 with Omega. when o,mega atatcked with a basic attack it did 4200 while ultima only did a crappy 2800 proving that Omega has more strength alot more vitality and somehow evasion. Ultima was the most fun to fight though it didnt pee me off so bad he only killed one party memeber in that battle coz he drew eden from him then squall used Renzokuken perfect a couple of times i never managed to get past 2 lionhearts on ultima so when i battled him again for the fun of it i was equipped wit the punishment and still beat him easilly. it took me 3 hours to figure out Omegas attack patterns as it changes every battle. Omega wasnt really that all Omega hte health was but he needed higher stats they were higher than ultimas but not that much though.

im trying to figure out the stories of Ultima and Omega

imagine having to fight Ultima and Omega in the same battle then that would be hard and challenging

Ultima Shadow
12-27-2004, 07:31 PM
And they also could test your characters for any statuses they are vulnerable to and then exploit those statuses. :) (i.e. they cast sleep on each person and if anyone falls asleep they will add it to their "permanent cast" list so it gets cycled through every once in a while. Plus they could cast annoying statuses like doom/slow petrify.)
Hmm, maybe that would be too hard to add, though, but it would be cool.
Yea... it sucks that some enemies just keep using magics with no effect. They should notic!
Nice idea about Doom... it's actually a pretty powerfull attack and still almost no creature in the game use it...

Whatever, unless he does Terra Break as his first move, I would still crush him like an ant. (and probably would still beat him even then)
As I said, he would be still beatable even if he was human controlled.
Yes. If you get the first move you could just use tripple on 1 character and then protect on the whole party with that character and then just heal with megaelexir after the first Terra Break if you are fast enough and then use triple aura and follow up with limmit breaks and then heal again after the next Terra Break or Megido Flame. Completely possible.

thats strange as when i fought ultima i got 5 moves before ultima got 1 but 1 move to him was 3 to me. Omega weapon had higher attack power i was at lv 71 when i fought ultima weapon and 82 with Omega. when o,mega atatcked with a basic attack it did 4200 while ultima only did a crappy 2800 proving that Omega has more strength alot more vitality and somehow evasion. Ultima was the most fun to fight though it didnt pee me off so bad he only killed one party memeber in that battle coz he drew eden from him then squall used Renzokuken perfect a couple of times i never managed to get past 2 lionhearts on ultima so when i battled him again for the fun of it i was equipped wit the punishment and still beat him easilly. it took me 3 hours to figure out Omegas attack patterns as it changes every battle. Omega wasnt really that all Omega hte health was but he needed higher stats they were higher than ultimas but not that much though.
That's because Omega don't level up with you. He's permanent at level 100 in the PS version. Ultima Weapon at level 100 is stronger than Omega. But since Omega DO level up in the PC version Ultima is stronger all the time. And that it took 3 hours for YOU to figure out Omegas pattern doesn't make him harder.

im trying to figure out the stories of Ultima and Omega

imagine having to fight Ultima and Omega in the same battle then that would be hard and challenging
Intressting...

Mirage
12-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Attack from both sides, Ultima on one, Omega on the other. Ultima and Omega buff/heals each others. That would be fun. :D?

Auronhart
12-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Attack from both sides, Ultima on one, Omega on the other. Ultima and Omega buff/heals each others. That would be fun. :D?
Still too easy unless they were powered up. :D

Ultima Shadow
12-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Still too easy unless they were powered up. :D
Ofcourse... therefore: Ultima powered up as mentioned earlier and Omega withe random moves. :cool:

Polaris
12-28-2004, 11:29 AM
He should have 15,000,000 HP

are u nut? How can I defeat it, where is Ultima Weapon?

Ultima Shadow
12-28-2004, 12:14 PM
are u nut? How can I defeat it, where is Ultima Weapon?
Nope, I'm serious! Ultima Weapon really, really SHOULD have that much HP :tongue: And I'm sure you've already defeated Ultima Weapon.

Polaris
12-28-2004, 12:16 PM
Is it at the Deep Research Center... well where u defeat Bahamut?

Ultima Shadow
12-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Is it at the Deep Research Center... well where u defeat Bahamut?
Exactly!

Polaris
12-28-2004, 12:19 PM
How much Hp did it has? I don't quite remember but it was really really easy for me, he just killed me a character and I just put Revive on her... but I was so stupid taht i forgot to Draw Eden so I had to went and defeat Tiamat... Just after the fight I remember that that moster had Eden! :lol:

rubah
12-28-2004, 08:05 PM
You didn't save at the hidden save spot right outside his little room?

man, that was smart. I know I wouldn't've wanted to fight all those ruby dragons and stuff again (unless you used encounter-none:P)

Auronhart
12-28-2004, 11:04 PM
man, that was smart. I know I wouldn't've wanted to fight all those ruby dragons and stuff again (unless you used encounter-none:P)
There are set encounters in the DSRC, so encounter-none would only reduce the number you had to fight.

How much Hp did it has? I don't quite remember but it was really really easy for me
Very little HP, (it has like 160,000 at level 100 :( ) that is why Ultima Shadow and I are coming up with ideas to actually make him a challenge. :P

are u nut? How can I defeat it
15,000,000 HP isn't a big deal. (I mean, this would actually give us something worthy of using Angel Wing and Armaggedon Fist on) What would make this a serious challenge would be all the boosted stats/powerful attacks. (and those Ultima Spheres :D).

ChaosCalibur
12-28-2004, 11:29 PM
15 million is suicide! The battle would take hours, even penence has 1,200,000 HP (Compared to the traditional 9999 damage limit)

Auronhart
12-29-2004, 12:21 AM
I looked it up online, he has 12,000,000 hp.
15,000,000 is not suicide, on average, a powered up Zell can do 600,000 with armageddon fist (if you are pretty good anyways) and Rinoa can do 80,000 damage (using angel wing) probably about 3-5 times each turn Ultima gets. (with haste and Angel Wing makes her attack faster as well) You probably would need to make sure most of your stats were at 255, but that is what makes it a hard challenge. (Maxed stats, and still hard! :p)

Ultima Shadow
12-29-2004, 12:24 AM
The battle would take hours
Exactly!!! :excited: :hyper: :excited:

15,000,000 is not suicide, on average, a powered up Zell can do 600,000 with armageddon fist (if you are pretty good anyways) and Rinoa can do 80,000 damage (using angel wing) probably about 3-5 times each turn Ultima gets.
Remember... Ultima Weapon would have about 225speed AND autohaste... and don't forget about the "Ultima Spheres" that can recover Ultima Weapon from the meltdown status and also attack as well (also... with his 100luck and 255spr it would be harder to make meltdown work on him). And They would have about... 700,000HP each... or something like that. :D

Auronhart
12-29-2004, 12:43 AM
Remember... Ultima Weapon would have about 225speed AND autohaste... and don't forget about the "Ultima Spheres" that can recover Ultima Weapon from the meltdown status and also attack as well (also... with his 100luck and 255spr it would be harder to make meltdown work on him). And They would have about... 700,000HP each... or something like that.
Should the Ultima Spheres be able to revive themselves/be revived by Omega? (would really annoy people :p, but that includes me. :( :). By the way, I don't think this would be a good idea, though you might want to make them have some more life. ) Rinoa would still be faster than him, (you would certainly want to max everybody's speed and have auto-haste on) but she would probably only get 2 turns for his one at best (she certainly would get that sometimes) (another good thing about Angel Wing is that it stops the timer so you can do stuff with the other characters).
EDIT: It is possible that Rinoa's speed might only be increased by angel wing when her speed is not maxed. I tried it out, and it seemed that way. Whatever the case, though, stopping the ATB is actually incredibly useful (you will basically be exclusively entering commands when Rinoa is casting meteor) when your speed is maxed and you have auto-haste on. (Zell should get to use Duel at least every other time she casts meteor) I think it's reasonable to say you could eliminate him in 50-80 of his turns. (including when he uses terra break and causes you to have to heal) Of course he is more likely to finish you off, but that is what makes it a challenge! :D

also... with his 100luck and 255spr it would be harder to make meltdown work on him
You would have to use triple meltdown on him, to make it likely.

ChaosCalibur
12-29-2004, 02:13 AM
I looked it up online, he has 12,000,000 hp.
15,000,000 is not suicide, on average, a powered up Zell can do 600,000 with armageddon fist (if you are pretty good anyways) and Rinoa can do 80,000 damage (using angel wing) probably about 3-5 times each turn Ultima gets. (with haste and Angel Wing makes her attack faster as well) You probably would need to make sure most of your stats were at 255, but that is what makes it a hard challenge. (Maxed stats, and still hard! :p)

You are one of the many people who were fooled by this number, and yet i am still right, It has 1,200,000 HP COMAPRED to the traditional 9999 damage limit, but as you know in FFX the max damage limit is 99999, thus if you round that | 1,200,000-9999=12,000,000-99999 |

Auronhart
12-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Back to the topic you can't do the 99999 from FFX=9999 from FF8, since Zell's limit can pack 600,000 on average.(and FFX limit breaks are annoyingly slow and don't get celestial weapon bonuses) FF8 characters are only slightly weaker than FFX characters in the damage department if you use them right. (because FFX has Quick Hit, otherwise 8's characters would be better.)

You are one of the many people who were fooled by this number, and yet i am still right, It has 1,200,000 HP COMAPRED to the traditional 9999 damage limit
EDIT: Oh, I missed it when you posted the first time. See above for my response. (comparing those hp to the limits is useless, because of the fact that no one uses normal attacks in FF8)

Polaris
12-29-2004, 11:09 AM
It would be a challenge if it has 170.000.000 HP and each attack would damage 9999 and it would only use magic likle Ultima, Demi and Triple Meteor and even so, it'd be easy, coz my Cactuar steals 10000 HP. Opps, now I remember why it was easy... :D

Ultima Shadow
12-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Should the Ultima Spheres be able to revive themselves/be revived by Omega? (would really annoy people :p, but that includes me. :( :). By the way, I don't think this would be a good idea, though you might want to make them have some more life. ) Rinoa would still be faster than him, (you would certainly want to max everybody's speed and have auto-haste on) but she would probably only get 2 turns for his one at best (she certainly would get that sometimes) (another good thing about Angel Wing is that it stops the timer so you can do stuff with the other characters).
EDIT: It is possible that Rinoa's speed might only be increased by angel wing when her speed is not maxed. I tried it out, and it seemed that way. Whatever the case, though, stopping the ATB is actually incredibly useful (you will basically be exclusively entering commands when Rinoa is casting meteor) when your speed is maxed and you have auto-haste on. (Zell should get to use Duel at least every other time she casts meteor) I think it's reasonable to say you could eliminate him in 50-80 of his turns. (including when he uses terra break and causes you to have to heal) Of course he is more likely to finish you off, but that is what makes it a challenge! :D

Hey, what about the fact that Ultima Weapon could use that demi-based attack that Edea uses when you fight her the final time that causes that "curse" status effect that disables limmitbreaks? Now THAT would be great! :D Also... set Ultima Weapons speed to 255... just for the heck of it. :D And finally... do you remember the enemies who can use "degenerator?"... now THAT could make the battle intressting... if Ultima Weapon use degenerator on 1 of your characters when you've got him down to 50% of his max HP. :) And finally... if you're going to do this remake of FFVIII anyway... why don't change Zells limmitbreak so that the next moves you'll be able to do with
his limmitbreak are random all the time. That would make his limmitbreak more intressting + make Armagedon Fists impossible to do. :D Now THAT would make stuff intressting... :cool:

It would be a challenge if it has 170.000.000 HP and each attack would damage 9999 and it would only use magic likle Ultima, Demi and Triple Meteor and even so, it'd be easy, coz my Cactuar steals 10000 HP. Opps, now I remember why it was easy... :D
Ummm... you would have to summon Cactuar 17000 times. :D

Braindead_Paul
12-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Hey, and they should add two Ultima Weapons. Having to fight three of them at the same time would be a great challenge. Of course each of them would have 999.999.999 HP, all stats at 255, and only use Triple Light Pillar and their new special attack disabling limit breaks, removing all junctions, reducing all your characters' stats to 1 and causing all possible status ailments at the same time. Now that would be a challange but probably still to easy for you... :rolleyes2

Ultima Shadow
12-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Hey, and they should add two Ultima Weapons. Having to fight three of them at the same time would be a great challenge. Of course each of them would have 999.999.999 HP, all stats at 255, and only use Triple Light Pillar and their new special attack disabling limit breaks, removing all junctions, reducing all your characters' stats to 1 and causing all possible status ailments at the same time. Now that would be a challange but probably still to easy for you... :rolleyes2

:lol:

Well... there's only 1 Ultima Weapon. But that thing about reducing stats sounds intressting... if he could reduce the str of your characters by 50% for a couple of rounds, that would be great! :)

Polaris
12-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Ummm... you would have to summon Cactuar 17000 times. :D

He doesn't even have Boost so if cactuar is with Quistis and their compatibility is 1000 then it'd be easy! I didn't have LionHeart but it was still easy...

Ultima Shadow
12-29-2004, 03:02 PM
He doesn't even have Boost so if cactuar is with Quistis and their compatibility is 1000 then it'd be easy! I didn't have LionHeart but it was still easy...
I guess you're joking, right? :laughing: Summoning Cactuar 17000 times IS sucide!!!

Polaris
12-29-2004, 03:05 PM
If you'll put the GF against u it'll be... but no I'm not joking! I don't remember how many times I used Cactuar on Ultimecia, probably 20!

Ultima Shadow
12-29-2004, 03:12 PM
The difference betweene 20 and 17000 is pretty big... :rolleyes2 :tongue: And don't forget that Cactuar could get slaughtered as well. :tongue: Oh, well... anyone who would try to defeat a 17,000,000HP boss with Cactuar must be crazy! :p
Imagine looking at the summoning animation 17000 times! :eek:

Polaris
12-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Duh it's Divinity who's speaking!!!!! Of ocurse I'm crazy but what's the hardest bosso on FF8 excpet Ultimecia?

Ultima Shadow
12-29-2004, 03:18 PM
That's a matter of opinion... but i would say Ultima Weapon IS the hardest in the game. Omega Weapon is about as hard as Ultimecia. Maybe a bit easier actually...

Polaris
12-29-2004, 03:19 PM
where do I found Omega Weapon?

Wolfmeister
12-29-2004, 03:39 PM
In The Ultimecia Castle.....

Do you see the dark-purple mist inside the chapel (the room with organ inside)??. It's the sleeping Omega Weapon.

Other party should ring the big bell outside the Art Gallery where you fight Trauma, by pulling its rope at the left corner of your TV Screen, the rope is not clearly seen though.

Then u have 45 minutes to switch control to another party who'll fight Omega. If time's up, Omega will sleep again.

Polaris
12-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Now I understand... thankx!

Ultima Shadow
12-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Then u have 45 minutes to switch control to another party who'll fight Omega. If time's up, Omega will sleep again.
Just a little reminder... it's actually 45 SECONDS not minutes.
Also... it would be cool if DSRF was remade like Via Infinito... so that you'll fight a boss on each floor instead of normal encounters. :cool:

rubah
12-29-2004, 09:05 PM
ugh, don't even say that.

via infinito was way too long -_- and every time you saved you ruined your shots at catnip for a while (. . . I dunno why I never equipped blood lust and wring and de-equipped them. I guess it was the status effects)

and it only had a boss every twenty floors:P not every one.

But, if you had it like you had ruby dragons stalking around like the mega tonberries, that would be awesome:D I got adrenyline rushes from avoiding those things.

hmm, I guess the rubies would be more like the elder drake, except not jumping back and forth (he scared me more than the megas), just going around in circles, and you're only safe on the stairs. That would be awesome:D not like this ultimafying ultima stuff:P

Auronhart
12-29-2004, 11:53 PM
if Ultima Weapon use degenerator on 1 of your characters when you've got him down to 50% of his max HP.
As long as he could only cast it once or twice. :eek: Hmm, it would also make it impossible to survive terra break without invincibility or just having one character constantly use defend. Now if he casted them when he has 10% and 5% of his hp then it might work.

That would make his limmitbreak more intressting + make Armagedon Fists impossible to do.
Aura overrides curse.

Ummm... you would have to summon Cactuar 17000 times.
LOL, the chance of him not getting taken out in that time is pretty minimal to say the least.
Yes, I have to agree with Ultima Shadow that summoning Cactuar 17000 times would be suicide. Even with a super weak enemies attacks cactuar would most likely get killed before summoning that many times.:D

Ultima Shadow
12-30-2004, 01:02 PM
As long as he could only cast it once or twice. :eek: Hmm, it would also make it impossible to survive terra break without invincibility or just having one character constantly use defend. Now if he casted them when he has 10% and 5% of his hp then it might work.

You could also block with GFs. But that's way to risky. Oh, well... I think you're right about that he should use it when he's at a lower%... let's say... 7%.

Aura overrides curse.

And curse removes aura. :) Therefore you would have to recast aura on your party.

Oh, and finally... what about him or the spheres having something like "mug" but that always steal the most powerfull item and only items that can be used in battle. And then... he instantly use that item. That may be hard to make... but it woúld be great since it would be risky to have cheat/hero-items in your inventory. Or maybe the "remove magic" thing that griever have.

rubah
12-30-2004, 05:23 PM
except you don't need magic after the battle with griever. earlier in the game would just sort of be mean:P

Ultima Shadow
12-30-2004, 06:21 PM
except you don't need magic after the battle with griever. earlier in the game would just sort of be mean:P
Exactly! The battle is ment to be cruel and mean! :D

Ok, this is an example of what it could look like:

Deep Sea Reasearch Facitily Remade!!!

Note: All the following bosses will have a set level...

Floor1:
Boss: Bug Queen
Look: Big Bite Bug with different colours
HP: 140,000
Str: 140
Vit: 120
Mag: 80
Spr: 80
Speed: 140
Hit: 180
Luck: 20
Moves: Attack, Poison Sting, Bio and Pain.
Ability: none
Effects: immunity: earth, poison, sleep, silence, blind, stop and death. Weakness: Wind.

Floor2:
Boss: Zombie Lord (undead)
Look: The false president zombie-thing with different colours
HP: 260,000
Str: 190
Vit: 190
Mag: 160
Spr: 40
Speed: 120
Hit: 200
Luck: 30
Moves: Attack, Zombie, Sleep Gas, Meteor, Doom and Death.
Effects: immunity: all bad stats. Weakness: Fire and holy. Strong against: Ice.

Floor3:
Boss: Golden Giant
Look: Iron Giant with aura
HP: 480,000
Str: 240
Vit: 240
Mag: 100
Spr: 180
Speed: 170
Hit: 215
Luck: 40
Moves: Attack, giant sword (same as the iron giants), Darkside and Gravia.
Ability: Auto Protect, Auto Shell and Auto Reflect.
Effects: immunity: all bad stats but berserk. Weakness: none. Strong against: All Elements.

Floor4:
Boss: Master Dragon
Look: Ruby Dragon with different colours
HP: 700,000
Str: 230
Vit: 210
Mag: 230
Spr: 210
Speed: 210
Hit:210
Luck: 70
Moves: Attack, Breath(ruby dragon), Breath(Hexa dragon), Breath(blue dragon), Ultima, Stop, Holy, Bad Breath and Shockwave Pulsar.
Ability: Auto Shell and Initiative.
Effects: immunity: all bad stats. Weakness: none. Absorb: All Elements.

Floor5:
Boss: Oblivion Lich (undead)
Look: Forbidden with float and different colours
HP: 1,500,000
Str: 190
Vit: 190
Mag: 255
Spr: 255
Speed: 230
Hit: 230
Luck: 90
Moves: Attack, Ultima, Apocalypse, Hells Judgement, Flare, Quake, Meteor, Gravia, Pain, Tripple, Mighty Guard, Doom, Death and Meltdown.
Ability: Auto Haste and Auto Float
Effects: immunity: all bad stats, Ice, Earth, Gravity and revive. Weakness: Fire and Holy. Strong against: Thunder and Water.

Floor5:
Boss: 2 Dark Servants(in Lich’s party)
Look: Creeps
HP: 600,000 (each)
Str: 222
Vit: 130
Mag: 222
Spr: 130
Speed: 160
Hit: 160
Luck: 50
Moves: Attack, Slow, Stop, Silence, Triple, Dispel and Zombie.
Effects: immunity: all bad stats. Weakness: Fire.

Floor6:
Boss: Ultima Shadow and Auronhart. :p
Look: Black and red Galbadian soldiers, maybe?

Ultima Shadow:
HP: 7,000,000
Str: 200
Vit: 200
Speed: 225
Hit: 255
Luck: 100
Moves: Attack, Ultima, Gravia, Light Pillar, Pain, Dispel and Aura.
Ability: Auto Haste, Auto Regen and Auto Potion(X-potions).
Special: Limit break: Shadow Star. (like wishing star but the black-dressed soldier and his shadow. :D) Final attack: Bad Breath.

Auronhart:
HP: 7,000,000
Str: 255
Vit: 255
Mag: 200
Spr: 200
Speed: 225
Luck: 100
Moves: Attack, Apocalypse, Light Pillar, Mighty Guard, triple, Dispel and Aura.
Ability: Auto Haste, Auto regen and Auto Potion(X-potions).
Special: Limit break: Auronhart. (like Lionheart but the red-dressed soldier who beat the crap out of you even if you’re defending and blocking with GF. :D) Final Attack: Megiddo Flame.

FINAL FLOOR!!!

Boss: Ultima Weapon
Look: Ultima Weapon
HP: 17,000,000
Str: 255
Vit: 255
Speed: 245
Luck: 110
Moves: Attack, Ultima, Apocalypse, Gravia, Meltdown, Megiddo Flame, Terra Break, Light Pillar, Shockwave Pulsar, ????Storm (the attck Edea uses… I just can’t remember the name), Mustard Bomb (same as Quistis limmitbreak) and Mug.
Ability: Auto Haste and Counter.
Effects: immunity: all bad stats. Weakness: none. Strong against: All Elements.
Special: At 50% HP: Remove Magic once on each party member. At 7% HP: Degenerator. Final Attack: Degenerator.

Final Floor:
Boss: Ultima Spheres (in Ultima Weapons party)
Look: The eye-things on Norgs machine but puple.
HP: 5,000,000
Str: 0
Vit: 100
Spr: 100
Speed: 200
Hit: 0
Luck: 80
Moves: Flare, Curaga, Double, Esuna, Haste, Protect, Regen, Mighty Guard, Dispel, Sleep, Berserk, Petrify, Slow, Stop, Zombie, Bio, Silence, Doom and Pain.
Ability: Auto Tripple.
Effects: : immunity: all bad stats. Weakness: none. Strong against: All Elements.
Special: At 50%HP: Tripple Ultima. Final Attack: Bad Breath.

rubah
12-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Interesting buildup+self insertion:P

I think by that point the majority of people would just go and wait until ultimecia's castle to get eden;)

oh-- what use does an iron giant have for aura? I mean, it just induces limit breaks, and they don't have limits, do they? Make it pink giant and he's got auto haste:D or Green Giant and he has st-atk=bio

Mirage
12-30-2004, 07:48 PM
That was just to give us an idea about how it would look. The actual status is irrelevant.

rubah
12-30-2004, 09:55 PM
well crap, apparently I forgot how to read:D

Auronhart
12-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Oh, and finally... what about him or the spheres having something like "mug" but that always steal the most powerfull item and only items that can be used in battle. And then... he instantly use that item. That may be hard to make... but it woúld be great since it would be risky to have cheat/hero-items in your inventory. Or maybe the "remove magic" thing that griever have.
Hmm, the only problem is that this would punish people for just having those items, even if they don't use them. I think it would make more sense if he could decide to use the best item you have used. (either against him or anywhere) I like the remove magic idea, though, that would totally be hard on people's junctions. :D

And curse removes aura.
That's true, it would make it more difficult. :greenie:

Were you going to add doom to the Ultima Sphere's attacks?

Big Bite Bug with different colours
Good idea, a Boss quality Bite Bug! :D

Ultima Shadow and Auronhart.
Yes!!! :D :D

Black and red Galbadian soldiers, maybe
I like it, you don't need to make my character more powerful though. :D I guess in a way, they are pretty equal, though, because their moves complement each other. :)
Awesome setup Ultima Shadow. :) :D

Ultima Shadow
12-30-2004, 10:36 PM
Hmm, the only problem is that this would punish people for just having those items, even if they don't use them. I think it would make more sense if he could decide to use the best item you have used. (either against him or anywhere) I like the remove magic idea, though, that would totally be hard on people's junctions. :D
Yea... I skip that. But he could still have just the move "mug"... just to frustrate people. :p

Were you going to add doom to the Ultima Sphere's attacks?
Yea, sorry. I forgot to add that. :D *edits*

I like it, you don't need to make my character more powerful though. :D
Awesome setup Ultima Shadow. :) :D
Actually... they are very equal. Take a good look and think about for a while... :p

Auronhart
12-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Yea... I skip that. But he could still have just the move "mug"... just to frustrate people.
Yes that could work.

Actually... they are very equal. Take a good look and think about for a while...
Yeah, I guess they are. I imagine fighting them wouldn't be a pushover either, as they would be able to accomplish two attacks at basically the same time. (they could cast light pillar twice :) )

Ultima Shadow
12-30-2004, 11:01 PM
Yes that could work.
:cool:

Yeah, I guess they are. I imagine fighting them wouldn't be a pushover either, as they would be able to accomplish two attacks at basically the same time. (they could cast light pillar twice :) )
Yea... or Gravia followed up by Apocalypse etc. :eek:

Auronhart
12-30-2004, 11:13 PM
Yea... or Gravia followed up by Apocalypse etc.
Yeah, that would be pretty lethal. :) (lethal is good right :D ) This would make the game so much more fun. :D Yeah, I think Square should start having difficulty levels in FF's. (Normal=the difficulty that FF is currently at. :D, Hard for people who like a reasonably hard challenge and Very Hard for people like us who try to complete the no junction omega challenge. :p) That way, people wouldn't have any problems finding the games too easy. :)
Great ideas Ultima Shadow, maybe I'll be able to find out how to implement it when I know enough. :( :)

Ultima Shadow
12-31-2004, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I think Square should start having difficulty levels in FF's. (Normal=the difficulty that FF is currently at. :D, Hard for people who like a reasonably hard challenge and Very Hard for people like us who try to complete the no junction omega challenge. :p) That way, people wouldn't have any problems finding the games too easy. :)
Yea, that would be great! :)

Great ideas Ultima Shadow, maybe I'll be able to find out how to implement it when I know enough. :( :)
Yea, THAT would be EVEN greater!!! :D

Auronhart
01-04-2005, 12:21 AM
I think by that point the majority of people would just go and wait until ultimecia's castle to get eden
:( :( :( , it's for the challenge, not to get Eden. :( :( :( No one understands us. :cry: :D

Interesting buildup+self insertion
:lol:

Exactly! The battle is ment to be cruel and mean!
So true, even the Auronhart/Ultima Shadow combination looks pretty rough. ( :D )

lgrowse
01-04-2005, 06:40 PM

Correct.

the stats depend on mag,spr and summ mag +10,20,30,40and50%

Auronhart
01-08-2005, 08:22 PM
There isn't a 50% sum-mag boost but whatever. I've never noticed any difference with mag and spr on GF damage, but I guess I'll have to test it.

Ultima Shadow
01-08-2005, 10:57 PM
spr!? spr is for magic defense... why would that effect attack power for the GFs?

Shoden
01-12-2005, 05:52 PM
well the special edition of FF8 may have differences to the normal Ps version

rubah
01-13-2005, 12:01 AM
what exactly is the "special edition"?

Shoden
01-13-2005, 04:29 PM
in 2002 F8 was re released in the UK it just had a few minor changes and less bugs but when i played it some of the bosses were aslot harder sucha s Omega had random attacks and Ultima weapon had the ability lv ??? death on it but some bosses on the eariler discs were made easier though like elvoret form the communication tower. i got it off ebay though, and i just been getting info on it apart from them minor changes and bonuses it was pretty much the same

Ultima Shadow
01-13-2005, 06:39 PM
That sounds intressting... for PC or PS?

Shoden
01-13-2005, 07:18 PM
both, it is harder and easier in lots of ways so thats why i got peed off with Omega weapon at the start, Ultima seeme dharder as it was earlier in the game and i was at a lower level then about 59, can you fight ultima weapon again?

Ultima Shadow
01-14-2005, 08:03 AM
both, it is harder and easier in lots of ways so thats why i got peed off with Omega weapon at the start, Ultima seeme dharder as it was earlier in the game and i was at a lower level then about 59, can you fight ultima weapon again?
I have to get it somehow! :) And nope, sorry... Ultima Weapon can't be fought again. You have to restart the game if you want to fight him again.... :mad:

theundeadhero
01-14-2005, 04:04 PM
So I beat Ultima weapon last night, and yep... I was pretty dissapointed that the characters don't even mention a word about it. No script, meh...

Shoden
01-14-2005, 05:17 PM
the reason for that is beacuse it's a sie quest you dont Need to do it, like in ff7 getting yuffie and vincent they dont interfere with the story at all

theundeadhero
01-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Ididn't mean anything signifigant. Just a, YAY! we won, or something stupid would of been fine. Yuffie and Vincent have script in the game and much more added to them.

Shoden
01-14-2005, 05:53 PM
they dont say ,much important though as they aint vital to the game

Ultima Shadow
01-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Ok, just for the sake of it. :D
Here's how the FF8 remake (that I pray may be created somedey in the future) would be like: The deepsea reaserch facility would be like I said earlier in the tread. Every encounter would hold a limited amount of spells that can be drawn + it would be a little bit harder to draw. No Armagedon Fist since the next aviable moves in Duell would be random each time. Omega Weapon (not as powerfull as Ultima Weapon but still very powerfull) would have 14,000,000HP, higher stats and use RANDOM moves + use the extra moves "Mighty guard" and "Apocalypse". Ultimecia would be twice as powerfull as well and have a couple of new moves. Most bosses in the whole game would be much stronger. You only get 10 hero-items from the Laguna card and 1 Holy War from the Gilgamesh card. The End would do alot of dammage instead of killing anything instantly.

This would make the game MUCH more intressting! :)

ps: Ultima Weapon= da bomb! :cool:

Shoden
01-22-2005, 06:23 PM
that would be great but i would want to invovle Ruby emerald Diamond and sapphire from ff7.

Ultima Shadow
01-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Hmmm... maybe in the end of DSRF there should be a "Weapon Palace" where all the Weapons dwells... :cool:

FFVIII Fan
01-24-2005, 09:47 PM
sorry there, but back on a differant note, Omega Weapon, lets face it IS harder. Ye may like Ultima weapon better but he just isnt as powerful. The creators of ff named Omega as the strongest boss and he is...enough said.

Laugh at face of Danger
02-24-2005, 10:03 PM
I found Ultima pushover too, i gave him one Lion Heart with 255 str stats and i didn't even get a chnace to get Eden! Had to wait another disk. Omega was harder than Ultima, but Ultimecia (i found) was harder than Omega because of random character selection

and I'm liking the idea of Weapons Palace...should be added to disk 4, it was a bit empty aside from beating the BOSSES at Ultimecia's castle

EDIT: Don't double post. -M-buster

Skyblade
02-24-2005, 10:25 PM
sorry there, but back on a differant note, Omega Weapon, lets face it IS harder. Ye may like Ultima weapon better but he just isnt as powerful. The creators of ff named Omega as the strongest boss and he is...enough said.

Omega is stronger, but Ultima is a far harder boss. Once you know Omega's pattern, beating him is child's play. Ultima tosses in random Light Pillars that instantly kill a character, and he is faster. Ultima is not hard (if you have good characters, he's simple), but he is more of a danger than Omega.

And Laugh? Don't double post...

Laugh at face of Danger
02-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey, i finished off Ultima too quickly to experience any light pillars or any devastating attacks, and did anyone else notice that Squall takes ages between each hits in Renzokuken?

Ultima Shadow
02-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Did you actually read my long post about how Ultima Weapon actually is harder? I don't think you did... so please, read it before you say something like this. If you just don't have what it takes to read trough the long post, then just listen to the words of this wise man:

Omega is stronger, but Ultima is a far harder boss. Once you know Omega's pattern, beating him is child's play. Ultima tosses in random Light Pillars that instantly kill a character, and he is faster. Ultima is not hard (if you have good characters, he's simple), but he is more of a danger than Omega.

Skyblade is correct. And while Omega is an overall "stronger" boss... Ultima still have higher stats... except HP. Higher attack power, higher magdef, mag power and MUCH faster.

I found Ultima pushover too, i gave him one Lion Heart with 255 str stats and i didn't even get a chnace to get Eden! Had to wait another disk. Omega was harder than Ultima, but Ultimecia (i found) was harder than Omega because of random character selection
Yea, and guess what? I killed Omega Weapon in 1 turn with The End! And THAT makes him a pushover, right? :)

You defeated Ultima Weapon with Lion Heart + 255str? If you expect ANYTHING to be even close to hard at all when you use Lionheart and have 255 str, then you're WAY WRONG. Lionheart is a cheap and overpowered weapon that never should have been added to the game... just like The End is a cheap attack that never should have been added to the game... and heros and holy wars are cheap items that never should have been added to the game... but whatever. :)

Look... if you fight Ultima Weapon like that... then he's very easy... but if you fight Omega like that... then he's so easy that if you call him "pice of cake", you're still overrating him alot. If you're unlucky, Ultima Weapon may atleast kill 1 character before you beat him. Omega on the other hand... ANYONE should be able to beat him blindfolded without having a singel character KOed even once if you're using that kind of stuff.

Now... let's pretend that we're NOT using Lionheart, Armagedon fist, The End or any of the other overpowered and cheap moves and having all stats maxed. Whoolaa... all of a sudden Ultima Weapon becomes pretty tough... while Omega still is just as easy. The only difference with Omega is that the battle will take a bit longer but that's all. Oh, and may I ask... did you fight Ultima at level 100? If not, then you really should. Ultima Weapon is the fastest enemy in the game at level 100 and use Lightpillars every now and then. Omega is easy as pie as long as your characters have the Defend command and 9999 as max HP. Really... ANY party with 9999 as max HP and the Defend command can EASILY beat Omega... but neither Defend or 9999HP will help you against quickly used and unpredictable Light Pillars. :cool:

ps: I like discussing this... so if you still don't agree... then tell me. I won't give up until you all relise the truth. :tongue:

ezzarian
08-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Is Tiamat harder? Or Ultima Weapon? I'm on level 100 and some people say that he's @#%$# strong by then!

Christmas
08-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Is Tiamat harder? Or Ultima Weapon? I'm on level 100 and some people say that he's @#%$# strong by then!

You actually revive a thread that had been long forgotten....

Well, in my opinion Ultima Weapon is harder cause all Tiamat do is sit there and take centuries to use his Dark Flare or whatever you call it.

Shoden
08-14-2005, 06:29 PM
keep it quiet and it might last lol

i remember argueing with Ultima shadow about ruby weapon's gender btw it's a he who had a few sex changes and w/e and now is a he again or stuff

Skyblade
08-14-2005, 07:36 PM

Equip to absorb Ice, Thunder, and Fire and sit there all day. Tiamat won't be able to do a thing except heal you. Take all the time you want to complete that battle. Piece o' cake.

Ultima Shadow
08-14-2005, 09:59 PM
You actually revive a thread that had been long forgotten....It was lost, but not forgotten. This thread will always have a special place in my heart (or something like that). :)

i remember argueing with Ultima shadow about ruby weapon's gender btw it's a he who had a few sex changes and w/e and now is a he again or stuff
NO, NO AND NO!!! That's not true at all! Ruby Weapon is a "she" a FEMALE! :mad2:

ezzarian
08-15-2005, 08:24 AM
So basically I can beat Tiamat... *snaps fingers* just like that?

Skyblade
08-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Yes. Tiamat's only attack is Dark Flare. Not only does it take a long time to use, but if you equip to negate/absorb Fire, Ice, and Thunder, it can't hurt you.

G SpOtZ
08-15-2005, 08:28 AM
funny how final fantasy vii actually had a story going with the WEAPONS, but in the other ffs they're just there as random monster/bosses. no story to em, they're just there to fight and win stuff from.

Ultima Shadow
08-15-2005, 11:06 AM
funny how final fantasy vii actually had a story going with the WEAPONS, but in the other ffs they're just there as random monster/bosses. no story to em, they're just there to fight and win stuff from.
That's not 100% correct. :greenie:

Christmas
08-15-2005, 12:04 PM

There is a bit of story about Atma weapon in FF VI.

G SpOtZ
08-15-2005, 09:53 PM
ultima shadow, r u saying there's a story behind the weapons in the other stories? (maybe there is and we just don't know them. in that case, i'm not 100% correct, but why would they have a story that they don't explain? or even hint at?)

ezzarian
08-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Ummm...sorry if this is off topic or anything but, where can I get Pulse Ammos? People keep telling me to refine from items like Energy Crytals and stuff but, where do I get those??? I mean, how can I get a refined item when I can't even get the item which I'm supposed to refine?

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Ummm...sorry if this is off topic or anything but, where can I get Pulse Ammos? People keep telling me to refine from items like Energy Crytals and stuff but, where do I get those??? I mean, how can I get a refined item when I can't even get the item which I'm supposed to refine?
there's already a thread on this XD go look around :D

Ultima Shadow
08-16-2005, 11:20 PM
ultima shadow, r u saying there's a story behind the weapons in the other stories? (maybe there is and we just don't know them. in that case, i'm not 100% correct, but why would they have a story that they don't explain? or even hint at?)
FFVI: Atma Weapon: A creature of massdestruction created in the war of the magic.

FFVIII: Ultima Weapon: In an abbandoned research facility. There's no story told in the game, but there's a few hints that's been discussed in other threads... and maybe even in this one.

FFX: Omega Weapon: No story or hints given as far as I remember except that he's the most dangerous "fiend" in the world etc.

FFX2: No story, just crap.

The story about Atma may not be much, but atleast it's SOMETHING and therefore still a story, short or not.

Ultima Weapon in FFVIII, even though never actually mentioned in the story, does have a lot of possible stories that can be related to the place where it rests, the deepsea research facility, which there's info about.

G SpOtZ
08-17-2005, 12:05 AM
what about omega? would you jus call him an improved clone of ultima weapon who has because a weapon or guardian of ultimacia?

rubah
08-17-2005, 01:10 AM
Omega Weapon in ffx had a backstory
He was a summoner that went evil or something xD

G SpOtZ
08-17-2005, 03:37 AM
why do ya think they call him WEAPON tho?

crazybayman
08-17-2005, 12:28 PM
FFX: Omega Weapon: No story or hints given as far as I remember except that he's the most dangerous "fiend" in the world etc.

Omega Weapon in ffx had a backstory
He was a summoner that went evil or something xD
Yes. He was a priest of Yevon, who went evil, and was banished to Omega Dungeon.

ezzarian
08-18-2005, 07:39 AM
I remeber some guy saying that he got Eden from Tiamat but, a friend of mine told me that you can't get out of Ultimecia's Castle once you're in and that only way to do that is by cheating! :eek:

Skyblade
08-18-2005, 07:50 AM
I remeber some guy saying that he got Eden from Tiamat but, a friend of mine told me that you can't get out of Ultimecia's Castle once you're in and that only way to do that is by cheating! :eek:

Your friend is a moron who knows nothing about the game. You can even tell him that I said that. Not only can you get out of the castle and in fact fly around on the Ragnarok and explore the world after entering the castle, but you can still draw things from the creatures inside the castle, so as long as you unlock the "Draw" command before you fight Tiamat, drawing Eden from Tiamat is completely possible.

ezzarian
08-19-2005, 07:30 AM
Yes! I got all characters to level 100 at last! Ummm......guys? How do I get out of Ultimecia's castle once I'm in? It's not like I'm there yet, but I just wanna know just in case!

Skyblade
08-19-2005, 07:44 AM
Turn around and walk out the door. To get to the world map, face the doors beside the chain and press the X button to jump across to them. Check a walkthrough if you want to find the Ragnarok.

G SpOtZ
08-19-2005, 08:07 AM
ultima weapons a babe.

ThroneofDravaris
08-19-2005, 09:09 AM
You're a babe...hehe....

.....wait a minute...

tranvanhieu
08-19-2005, 10:47 AM
STOP RIGHT THERE , ZEALOTS.
SOME OF YOU WANNA SHOW THAT YOU ARE SUPER DUPER MEGA FIGHTER ,SOME WANNA SHOW THAT YOU KNOW EVERYTHING.
YOU BUNCH OF BRAT HEHEHEHEHE.
TAKE IT EASY ... PLEASE DON'T GET MAD HAHAHAHAHA
:love:

ezzarian
08-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Yahoo! I beat Ultima Weapon! But guys, just one question......why was it so easy??? Come on! 2 Renzoukukens and 2 Duels and he's down??? Something has got to be up! :confused:

Christmas
08-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Check out the earlier posts on this threads to know more about Ultima Weapon's stats and why it is so weak/strong.

Ultima shadow had made a pretty in-depth analysization about Ultima Weapon on his previous posts on this thread.

ezzarian
08-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Is there any way to get Laguna card from anybody else besides Ellone? I missed the chance to challenge her in space and I need that card! By the way, what's the difference between Hero and Holy wars?

Skyblade
08-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Heroes affect only a single character, Holy Wars affect the whole party.

If you have completed the CC quest, I believe that you can get Laguna's card from the CC Joker in Disc 4.