PDA

View Full Version : If u had a choice who would u chose????

oscar08
12-21-2004, 06:37 PM
If u had a choice for the new vii game to be based on a chacter other than vincent who would u chose. I would chose Cid Highwind hes was the best chacter other than cloud of course. Look at him he was a pilot that carried a spear and smoked constantly and yelled at his lady (in a loving way) he was everything u could want in a badass to be.

TheSpoonyBard
12-21-2004, 09:22 PM
I think they should focus on Marlene. She was in the first game as a spectator, but being so young she wasn't able to participate much. In the ending it shows her watching the battle between Holy and Meteor, so she has some idea of the outcome of it all. Anyway, the plot of the game is Marlene, now a grown woman (well, late teens) goes on a mission to understand the history of Sephiroth, the relationship between Barret, Dyne and Marlene's mother, and to save the world from the evil wrongdoings of Richard, the son of Rufus and Scarlet (hey, it could've happened!) with her group of slum kids, one of which turns out to be Yuffie's younger sister.

Do you think it could work?

AhmedTheGreat
12-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Well, I like the idea of having Marlene as a main character and her mission, I like the Sephiroth History idea, and to spice it up, Sephiroth is revived at the end and she fights him along with Red XIII (Well, he lived for 400 years didn't he?), or if else, I'd rather have a game about the Turks, anyway it all has to contain Sephiroth :P if else, it's not a Final Fantasy VII game :P

UltimaLimit
12-23-2004, 09:08 AM
For all we know, Sephiroth might've gotten laid and had a kid by some woman he never saw again. (I mean, an elite ultra-powerful SOLDIER would have groupies, right?) Make it about Sephiroth's bastard child, who originally fights Red XIII, then realizes the truth about his dad. Then have him join Red XIII on a mission to help repair the damage from Meteor and Holy's battle. That way it would include Sephiroth, but wouldn't be the same old thing, and would have an unexpected angle.

AhmedTheGreat
12-23-2004, 09:59 AM
To be honest... I wouldn't play that game.

TheSpoonyBard
12-23-2004, 04:44 PM
I'd rather have a game about the Turks
I was going to suggest this until I remembered it has already been done. FFVII: Before Crisis is a mobile game that stars the Turks. I think...

AhmedTheGreat
12-23-2004, 04:57 PM
You said it yourself Darkness, it's a mobile game, we want a whole game on a console that'd last at least 20 hours.

finalheaven
12-23-2004, 08:11 PM
who suggested the meralene thing...genius ^_^..but sepys kind..urr...no............ to much dramatic irony there..but what said beofre..i really like that...i would play that ....^_^

Juke
12-23-2004, 08:47 PM
i definately chooce sephiroth..hes the man

AhmedTheGreat
12-23-2004, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't play if they put Sephiroth as a controllable character, I fill in love with kingdom hearts once I knew I can fight sephiroth :P

We want games where we have to FIGHT sephiroth :P

and also!
I want a mario party style game of final fantasy! :P

Sephirothvsvader22
12-23-2004, 11:29 PM
I would think that a sequel would be like 300 years later, with a new character, but Sephiroth would somehow be revived. Red XIII would be like the Auron-mentor-old man type.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-24-2004, 12:40 AM
I'd like to see how they revive Sephiroth, if they do. His soul evaporated. There's nothing left to revive.

AhmedTheGreat
12-24-2004, 06:07 AM
It would've been great if instead of the Advent Children movie, they had a sequel for the game.

I mean, now if they want to make a game based on the movie, it'd not be that good, it'd be kinda like those games that are created for movies, I don't know.. sucks lol

lazyOFAXIII
12-28-2004, 03:49 AM
I was going to suggest this until I remembered it has already been done. FFVII: Before Crisis is a mobile game that stars the Turks. I think...

Yes, this has been done in Japan and will unfortunatly stay in Japan -.- And it's for a certain cell phone too. As for the Character, I would choose Cid (Vincent would have been my first choice but he's already getting a game) 'cause my party mainly consisted of Cloud, Cid, and Vincent. Which was the greatest powerhouse dealer. Cid's character was kind of downgraded (I thought) in his role in Kingdom Hearts. So I think that a game all about him would be cool :D

JayDee
12-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Aeris, probably wouldn't be a very long movie

Polaris
12-28-2004, 10:42 AM
TIFA!

UltimaLimit
12-28-2004, 09:30 PM
I'd like to see how they revive Sephiroth

With the new-and-improved Life3 spell. :p

Seriously, though, if such a game were to be made and set in the future, think of how much new materia would be around. You can't just throw Meteor, Holy, and Lifestream in a can, shake it around, nearly blow the planet up, and expect no side effects. Existing Materia would probably be altered too. (Perhaps we'd get to Fire/Ice/Bolt/whatever 4.) And maybe Shield would actually be more useful, and Ultima would be the kick-ass spell it should be. And maybe... *goes on and on* :save:

Flamethrower
12-28-2004, 10:03 PM
When I was younger, I made up an entire sequel in my head. It was set about 20 years after FFVII and the main characters were Marlene and the son of Cloud and Tifa. I can't remember anything else about it.

DJZen
12-29-2004, 02:13 AM
I'd choose Heidegger. Just 'cause it's been too long since I've made a post about Heidegger.

PS Heidegger PWNS

UltimaLimit
12-29-2004, 02:47 AM
lol... but how'd you bring Heidigger back?

(Oh, duh, almost forgot--with the new and improved Life3 spell!) :)

HanaKirei
12-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Yuffie.

Well, I can hope, right? ^.^; If not her, Marlene would be my second choice. Despite the fact that she was barely in the game, I think she'd have a lot of potential as a main character.

UltimaLimit
12-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Yuffie's a bitch. But a ninja/thief, able to use Materia, would be a great asset, I must admit... Especially since she'd already have her ultimate weapon and limit breaks and stuff.

Xander
12-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Cloud, or Yuffie. And I'd like it if either of them looked like their Kingdom Hearts self, because I thought they both looked really cool in that. And if it played like Kingdom Hearts that'd be even better ^_^ I found Vincent pretty boring, so I'm not greatly excited about the new game.

???
01-08-2005, 06:22 PM
aries rules

ShunNakamura
01-08-2005, 07:06 PM
To tell the truth I would like it to be about...

Vincent/Yuffie or any of the other underdeveloped characters... I am quite currious about them. And Vincent is defenately the least developed Playable character... unless my memory isn't serving me right.

SadisticStreetSoldie
01-08-2005, 10:40 PM
I would probably choose Cid because he has more personality and would certainly be more entertaining as the hero but Vincent is dark and mysterious and so it would be quite a journey discovering his past especially when there is more to discover.

Max
01-09-2005, 03:05 AM
tifa. make it another all girl ff adventure :D

bEoWuLfX
01-09-2005, 09:17 AM
okay get this, a cid flying game. you're cid and you have to shoot down enemy shinra jets. Similar to kingdom hearts with thte gummy system. except there would be more depth like a real flying game.

trampoline tifa- This would jus tbe interesting to watch

Melyna HiRyu
01-10-2005, 12:50 AM
YUFFIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Dking'squeen
01-10-2005, 12:53 AM
My Cat
Um....probably not one of the 'heroes' of the game because we know thier history..come anyway
Marlene, who made a subtle difference in the game

FinalLethal
01-10-2005, 04:01 AM
make something about Zack, i still think a prequel involving the war with wutai is a good idea. I think a prequel would be much better than a sequel in FFVII, although the idea of marlene maybe fighting against new power hungry corporations trying to take over shinra would be alright. Also on the note of prequels, maybe something concerning Seto (Reds/Nanakis dad) and the war against the GI tribe, along with numerous other ancient crap, since his species lives for ages.

ShunNakamura
01-10-2005, 04:17 AM
I could find a prequil to FFVII interesting. definately. and it would mean new heros... wonder who they could be(sephy made himself popular at that war right?) so possibly from his view or at least he could make an appearance. but meh :P I desest

kazu
01-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Aerith, cause she has a totally different pov and insight on the plot of FFVII. It would be, of course, the past (like FF:BC) cause of..the unfortunate events in the game. But I think through Marlene's pov is an excellent idea!

UltimaLimit
01-11-2005, 02:38 AM
trampoline tifa- This would jus tbe interesting to watchLOL. I still stand behind my original ideas, but that should definately be a minigame.

Del Murder
01-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Rufus or Vincent. One out of two ain't bad!

Perducci
03-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Cait Sith's Mansion O' MiniGames!

Man I <3 Cait Sith.

Or I guess that a game Which has either Cid or Yuffie as the main character would be pretty cool... Or Hojo. I don't know what kind of game it would be with Hojo as the main character, but it'd probably be pretty cool. I think the idea of a console game based on the Turks would probably be pretty cool, too.

Maybe they could even have a game for Barret, since Barret is the man. And if all else fails, they could just make something stupid like, WEAPON FIGHT0RZ! Which is like a fighting game... It'd be cool to see Ruby and Emerald fighting each other.

Mercen-X
04-05-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm trying to make one about Zack and Cloud's soldier history. I'd like to see a sequel that's more about Tifa.
But hey, let's look at someone we've passed up. What about Zangan?

Joshkabob
04-09-2005, 03:02 AM

That, is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. It wouldn't sell.

Nova Briar
04-09-2005, 03:12 AM
make something about Zack, i still think a prequel involving the war with wutai is a good idea.
That would be awesome. Especially if you got a chance to interact with Sephiroth before he went all psychotic and all... O_o The flashback at Kalm was one of my favorite parts of VII, getting to see Sephy before he went crazy. He seemed like a pretty spiffy guy! :D

Cuchulainn
04-09-2005, 03:29 AM
The problems with prequals is that you need to be able to get shocks & suprises from somewhere...there aren't any left in FFVII, it's been beaten to death. Cloud was a mere regular in the Shin-ra Army, that time at Nibelheim was probably the only time he'd been close to Sepiroth before he flipped, you just couldn't have them fighting alongside, or even have Cloud as any major character. Zack on the other hand would be a bit more plausable, but as I've stated, what could this game feature that we haven't already seen?
I'd be more interested in a FFIX sequal or a FFX prequal more than anything, the other games were started & closed pretty solidly.

Masamune·1600
04-09-2005, 03:46 AM

That, is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. It wouldn't sell.

Well....

DQ and FF in Itadaki Street Special is fairly similar to Monopoly with FF and DQ characters, boards, and themes. You could classify it as a "party game", much as you would Mario Party. The minigame aspect, however, is much reduced. Currently, Itadaki Street Special is only being released in Japan, although I would say there is a good chance it will eventually come stateside.

Swordicanus
04-11-2005, 06:37 PM
how about one about Dyne or one about Rufus

Mercen-X
04-15-2005, 11:23 PM
how about one about Dyne or one about Rufus

I don't know what kind of history Dyne has, but that punk Rufus has probably done a lot of bad sh- in his life.