PDA

View Full Version : Is FF11 still going strong

darkchrono
12-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Is ff11 still going strong after a year and a half (I guess it is now) that the game has been out.

I myself have given up on online rpg's because I just have a severe difficulty staying interested in them. They intrigue me for about a week but then the lack of a real solid defined story really starts becoming noticeable on my part. And all I see in the game after that is going out killing monsters and leveling up characters. Which I tend to get bored with very quickly.

So for those of you who have stayed interested in it for a long period of time what is it about the game that has held your interest when the storyline alot of times is nowhere to be seen.

Rostum
12-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Well it's been out for longer than a year and a half, more like two and half to three years (if you include Japanese release). I had been playing it for around 7 months and then I left for 3 months to play WoW.

I am still interested in FFXI so I came back to it a week ago. I believe there is still enough interest in it to keep it going extremely strong. If you don't like MMORPG's and get disinterested in them that easily, then I suggest not ever playing one again.

Lionx
12-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Hey EQ I is still alive..*shrugs*

I go on more for the friends, and the want for my AF gear as well as being high lvled enough for story.

Lain
12-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Is ff11 still going strong after a year and a half (I guess it is now) that the game has been out.
Yes, cos Europeans just get it so they just started game (me either)

lordblazer
12-21-2004, 11:50 PM

I myself have given up on online rpg's because I just have a severe difficulty staying interested in them. They intrigue me for about a week but then the lack of a real solid defined story really starts becoming noticeable on my part. And all I see in the game after that is going out killing monsters and leveling up characters. Which I tend to get bored with very quickly.

So for those of you who have stayed interested in it for a long period of time what is it about the game that has held your interest when the storyline alot of times is nowhere to be seen.
Wowo oyu should have odne hte missions.Once oyu reached rank 4 the storyline actually starts to heat up .LEveling oyur character on this game is important but oyu can have a number of goals. but thats wat everyone says about mmorpgs whenever they only play them for a week.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-22-2004, 12:33 AM
with CoP? Yeah, its still strong.

Mikztsu
12-22-2004, 04:36 AM
This game is just getting better and better higher level you get. so much to do. :)

UltimateSpamGrover
12-22-2004, 05:17 AM
yes, theres so much to do. I've been playing for a year now and not even 1/6 of the game done (if you can even truly finish it). If people continue to play to truly beat the game, then FFXI will be strong for years. (I hope that made sense, if any)

lordblazer
12-22-2004, 07:41 AM
WElll i dunno some high lvls are kinda getting fed up how SE is doingthings now.Now it jsutseems they wanna sqeeze more money out of its users.I'm gonna eventually quit and get back to focusing on Xbox Live.

Fat Chocobo
12-23-2004, 02:25 AM
I've had the game for almost a year and I still play it. I didn't really play at all for 2 months but now I'm starting to get into it again. The thing about this game is you don't have to worry about the story going sour like in many of the other final fantasy and rpg games out there. I often find that the more recent rpgs that are coming out start off having decent stories, but they try to be amazing near the end and end up just being really dumb. I know there are a lot of other things I could be doing besides playing FFXI, but I enjoy playing this game.

AaronD
12-27-2004, 05:30 PM
This game is very easily played in spurts...i;ve had it for about 4-5 months now...and i play it alot still, i change calsses alot to keep things interesting, i still dont have the extra jobs either...i'm on lvl 20 WAR, 19RDM etc down to 3THF. just try different things. leveling up doesnt interest you, start crafting, become a merchant or master smith.

but this game can get boring i;ve just gotten into it again because i'm almst out of the dunes with my RDM so i wont be getting into noob pt as much in qufim.

just play it until you get bored...get off for a few days or weeks do somethign else and come back you will notice it gets alot more fun when you deprive yourself of it...i work alot and lately i havent been able to get on. i've been on like every day/night when i wasnt able to play becuase of work and its alot more fun.

or maybe if BLM isnt your cup of tea, Try a warrior or Monk maybe a melee character will tickle your fancy alot more.

i just find new ways to keep me addicted, afterall i pay for this so i dont want my money to go to waste, and since i;ve had it, it hasnt at all.

Citizen Bleys
12-27-2004, 06:24 PM
I'm still discovering new things to do. Since I created a new character, and didn't want to finance his startup with funds with my old one, I decided to try to find good ways of making money at low levels again....Wasting CP and farming fire crystals in Ghelsba did it for me originally, but Asstok was different, and I wound up trying mining.

Loved it. Loved it so much that I broke my resolution not to borrow from my other character and bought level 1 Worker's gear. (@#$!%^ Worker's Tunic is 25 bloody k on Asura. How's a @#$! Level 1 supposed to afford that?)

Levelling up goldsmithing at the same time by combining those worthless 10 gil copper ores into copper ingots that sell for 5k a stack (more than enough to pay for the fire crystals that I have to *buy* because they're impossible to get around Asstok any other way)

Dassureth
01-18-2005, 06:23 PM
is it still going strong? thats a funny question, its still growing! more and more new people join every day.

TheEmrys
02-05-2005, 10:42 AM
A great game with so much to do and people to interact with. As new patches come out and new expansion the possibilties are endless.
I love this game. :p