PDA

View Full Version : You Know You've Played Too Much...

squirrel
12-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Hey all, I'm new here. My name is Zoe; I've recently started playing FFII(US)/IV and have been searching for a community to talk with other people about this awesome old school game. :) Besides making a boring intro post, I just thought I'd share a creative list I've compiled about FFIV. My apologies if there are similar threads, but this is an original one composed by me.

You Know You’ve Played Too Much Final Fantasy II when…

• You don’t think of a time of day when you hear the words “dark night”.
• You decide to change your name to Cecil or Kain (if you’re a guy) or Rosa or Rydia (if you’re a girl), and do to so, you look around for a man in a big yellow and blue sombrero.
• You’ve associated every semblance of chicken with Chocobo.
• You insist your airline of choice is not Continental or Delta, but Red Wings.
• You’re unfazed by green hair. In fact, it’s attractive; Rydia made it look good.
• You’re told to call someone, and the first image that comes to mind is summoning, not calling via telephone.
• You no longer refer to currency as dollars, but GP.
• You measure all pain experienced in terms of hit points (“Ouch! That was at least 100 HP!”).
• You pass by a karate class and instantly think of your buddy Yang.
• You hear someone sneeze and think of Yang’s battle cry.
• You associate the name Cid/Sid with a mechanic that has a big mouth and a bushy beard.
• You know that hammers can be used for more than just hammering nails, and you think of Cid when you see one.
• You don’t think of the brink of a cliff when hearing the word “edge”.
• You see a pair of twins, and instantly think of Palom and Porom.
• You’re uncomfortable walking through fields without the use of a vehicle or being accompanied by a chicken, fearing that at any moment, enemies could attack.
• You pitch a tent on a campground, and instantly feel relieved and relaxed.
• You check out every plant pot that you happen to pass, just in case there’s anything hidden in there.
• You’re tempted to wade into shallow bodies of water to find any hidden treasure or secret passageways.
• You and a friend are asked to deliver a package to a neighboring town, and you get a nervous feeling in the pit of your stomach.
• You see a “strange old man” blocking your path, and you’re interested in who he could be, what magic he might know…
• You have called, or been close to calling someone a “spoony bard”.
• You take off all jewelry before your video game characters enter Cave Magnes.
• You lose trust in all dolls, no matter how innocuous they appear, and refuse to line them up in a row.
• You see a well and question if it has a bottom, and even consider throwing something down to hear it land.
• You encounter a statue of a person and shake your head, muttering something about the person casting stone upon his or herself.
• You see a pig and think, “uh oh, someone’s casting the piggy spell”
• You’re uneasy around hedgehogs, expecting “needle” at any given moment.
• You observe or participate in archery, and can’t help but wonder if the arrows might be poisonous or any other special type, but then shrug them off as iron arrows.
• You judge flames, ice and lightning storms as fire/ice/lit1, 2 or 3, depending on how powerful it is.
• You get into a fist fight with someone, and stand there letting them punch you while you desperately try to cast “cure1” on yourself and wait for the person to give up.
• You have an unexplained appreciation for midgets (you prefer to call them dwarves).
• You tend to save carrots at the end of a meal, just in case it starts to “smell like chocobo”.
• You actually think you’ve smelled chocobo before.
• You hear the Biblical story of how Cain killed Abel, and you imagine that it involves the “jump” strategy.

Anyone guilty? :tongue:

Zyrthofar
12-21-2004, 10:39 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif... I think I'm addicted to FF4... :S

You forgot my favorite (the one I came up with myself)...
"You enter anyone's house without knocking first."

I might be tempted to add: "When someone talks about space and meteorites, you scream and flee."

Necronopticous
12-21-2004, 10:56 PM
You make an internet comic/walkthrough (http://demented3d.com/ffiv) about the game

squirrel
12-21-2004, 11:34 PM
ah yes, the no-knock entry is a sure sign of a FF addict.

and (looks below to check spelling of name)... Necronopticus, I read your comic/walkthrough, and I must say you are beyond hilarious! Thanks for the laughs man!

Sepho
12-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Anyone guilty? :tongue:

Yep, I'm guilty of a few. I've actually called someone a spoony bard before, but given that he was also an FF fan, I think he understood. I also think of Edge when someone mentions the word.

• You encounter a statue of a person and shake your head, muttering something about the person casting stone upon his or herself.

:laugh:

theundeadhero
12-22-2004, 12:11 AM
I fall into a few of those. Welcome Noober. Green hair is secksy!

Necronopticous
12-22-2004, 12:15 AM
ah yes, the no-knock entry is a sure sign of a FF addict.

and (looks below to check spelling of name)... Necronopticus, I read your comic/walkthrough, and I must say you are beyond hilarious! Thanks for the laughs man!
I do what I can.

Crazy the Clown
12-22-2004, 02:09 AM
What's wrong with green hair? That's what I'm changing it to.

squirrel
12-22-2004, 05:19 PM
nothing at all wrong with green hair (i personally think its pretty spiffy :p ) but its not a natural color, so some people especially of the older generation are turned off by it.

I know I've played too much Final Fantasy when I'm talking on AIM and asking my friends how their final exams went, and after the word "final" I instinctively type "fantasy". Hmmm.. nerd. :greenie:

theundeadhero
12-22-2004, 05:46 PM
So, how did you final fantasy esams go?

Oh, I did okay but I couldn't remember Celes last name. I got the bonus question right though.

DJZen
12-22-2004, 08:39 PM
You know you've played too much FFIV when you start a thread about it. :D

squirrel
12-22-2004, 09:46 PM
You know you've played too much FFIV when you start a thread about it. :D

haha amen! :p

Mage_of_Fire
12-23-2004, 02:25 AM
You know you've played too much final fantasy IV when you wonder if Niel Armstrong's spaceship looked like a whale.

BTW, I've read that comic/walkthrough too, I fell out of my chair laughing a couple times! You should get some more episodes up, eh?

Zyrthofar
12-23-2004, 04:21 AM
I have started doing something similar to Necronopticous, but different in a way that I voluntarily change the story and mess everything...

Web Site (http://pages.videotron.com/zyrthofr)

Example:
http://pages.videotron.com/zyrthofr/000_03.gif

What do you think? Should I start a thread about whether or not I should continue it?

I have really played FF4 for too long... :S

theundeadhero
12-23-2004, 04:26 AM
You went without sleep for a day because you can beat the game within 24 hours and wanted to do it without a break. :rolleyes2

Zyrthofar
12-23-2004, 05:10 AM
You can beat the game in 5-6 hours... 8 if you level-up considerably at the end :)

starboyK
12-09-2007, 01:07 AM
You find out on your 20th time through the game that as long as you have 99 medusa arrows in your inventory, and Rosa is using Medusa arrows, the 99 will remain and you will never run out of such said arrows.

Miriel
12-09-2007, 03:21 AM
Please don't revive such old threads. Start a new one instead.