PDA

View Full Version : Looking for other great stories.

oscar08
12-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Me and my friends have played ffvii since the begining and so far my friend anth has the best story ive heard about beating the game.

A long long time ago after playing the game sleeplessly since around 7pm that night, the clock stood at 3 am hes was battling Safer Sephiroth and getting along ok till that evil of all evils casted shadow flare it killed off cid and cloud but he couldnt beleive it yuffie was still standing but just barely with 34 hp, to top it off he had no phoenix downs left and no mp. :( So he did the last thing he could think of he threw a weapon and not just any weapon he threw the buster sword Sephiroth was defeated in a way any gamer would be amazed i still cant beleive he pulled it off but his story hasnt changed in the slighest bit since that night. You can chose to beleive it or not but in any case WOW!!!
I would really like to hear other great stories on how others defeated seperoth or any of the bosses in this game.

Sephex
12-22-2004, 03:44 AM
I know ed beat Sephiroth for the first time using ChocoMog. My other friend beat him without imputting a command for the first time....Sneak Attack linked with Knights of The Round= Sephiroth dead right away.

mike without a hat
12-22-2004, 07:52 PM
i thought you couldnt throw the buster sword ???

Chris
12-22-2004, 08:01 PM
i thought you couldnt throw the buster sword ???

You can't :greenie:

Obviously it's a lie :eek:

Perducci
04-01-2005, 07:16 PM
You can't throw the Buster sword, Gatling gun, and I don't think you can throw Ultima Weapon? I'm not sure, I haven't played it for a while...

BackRoomKid
04-01-2005, 07:54 PM
yea, all first "initial" weapons you can't throw or throw away...they're "special"

doens't safer sephorith HAS to cast SuperNova at least once? It's always been that way...i hit him with omnislash and all that right away but he still has to cast that weak summon

Perducci
04-01-2005, 09:00 PM
yea, all first "initial" weapons you can't throw or throw away...they're "special"

doens't safer sephorith HAS to cast SuperNova at least once? It's always been that way...i hit him with omnislash and all that right away but he still has to cast that weak summon

I don't think he has too, I think he only uses it once you've weakend him a lot...

Masamune·1600
04-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Super Nova is used at specific points in the battle. The damage you deal has no bearing on this, and Safer can indeed be defeated without SN having been cast.

Super Nova is not actually weak (nor is it a summon). In my opinion, it is FFVII's equivalent of Grand Cross (see FFV and FFIX). For the purposes of the game, you can expect it to lower your HP to critical (it will never deal enough damage to kill you) and can also add a number of negative status effects.

BackRoomKid
04-02-2005, 03:58 PM
^^^yea, i know it's not THAT weak, it was more of an exagerration...cuz it never really kills any of your party members...

i noticed that Super Nova normally comes at a certain point of the song "one winged angel"...anyone think so to? It seems to come with that really quiet beat and the orchestra/choir is kinda doing that chant and then it escalates when the summon is over

Shoden
04-02-2005, 04:59 PM
yeah the "Veni Veni Venias Ne mori Facias" long part

strange i beat Safer Sephiroth so many times 1st time i was dissapointed at his easiness but it did take a KOTR and a mime to kill him 1st time and then on i never bothered using KOTR

Khimbar
04-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Pssh! I never used a magic spell when I fought Safer Sephiroth...I'm just a stubborn conservative like that, I rarely ever use items, and i only use cure magic when needed...but thats just me...

Mercen-X
04-05-2005, 11:10 PM
You can't throw the Buster Sword because it doesn't actually belong to Cloud. It is a memento of his friend, Zack.
You can't throw the Gatling Gun because it is part of who Barrett is and a memory of his friend, Dyne.
You can't throw away the Seraph Comb for Red because it was his father's.
Everything else can be discarded or thrown.

I always defeat Guard Scorpion the same way. I use Barrett's Big Shot, Cloud's Lightning, and then finish with a Raver (or Braver, i guess)

I finish Airbuster with a Beat Rush back attack.

I once killed a boss in such a fantastic way, the exhillaration of it is still enblazoned on my brain. Unfortunately, I don't remember what was so great about it.

kalabora
04-15-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't really remember specifics, I beat it on July 4th. Guess that's something.

DaremihC
04-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Yah... I beat Safer Sephy with Yuffie 'x4 Slashing' and then Cid 'Counter-Mimed' it. And then he died... I wanted to Omnislash him...

After that, I wanted to see how much damage Sephy did to Cloud so I waited (It was around 6000+) but I forgot that Cloud had the 'Counter Attack' materia on and he countered (A hit of around 630) and Sephy died!!! From a whimpy counter!!!!! I was so dissapointed... I wanted to Omnislash him...

One time I omnislashed a catuar and it didn't die... that pissed me off.

Masamune·1600
04-20-2005, 10:35 PM
After that, I wanted to see how much damage Sephy did to Cloud so I waited (It was around 6000+) but I forgot that Cloud had the 'Counter Attack' materia on and he countered (A hit of around 630) and Sephy died!!! From a whimpy counter!!!!! I was so dissapointed... I wanted to Omnislash him...

This happened to me once too. I was also curious as to how strong the "real" Sephiroth was. I forgot about the Counterattack materia and I did something like 1473 to him. After how long it took to beat Safer, I kinda thought this would turn out a much better duel. I also went in once without gaining the Omnislash, I kinda thought that since it was the end of the game, they'd give it anyway so I let my limit gauge fill. I ended killing him with Meteorain, which was all right, but it's nothing to the dynamic end brought forth by the Omnislash.

What?

The battle against Final Sephiroth occurs under certain guidelines. The most significant of these, of course, is that you cannot lose. While Cloud's ATB gauge rises, so does his Limit Gauge. The Limit Gauge will fill and Cloud will have opportunity to unleash Omnislash. Mercen-X, please reconsider your statements in the future, as many impressionable viewers may interpret them as fact. You CANNOT use Meteorain on Final Sephiroth. Even if you never acquired Omnislash, it is the only option available.

If you wait for a period of time, hesitating (or Defending or Row Changing) rather than using the Omnislash, Sephiroth will attack first. This attack will hurt quite a bit, but will not kill Cloud. Ever. Cloud will immediately counterattack, regardless of any materia he may have had. This counterattack will defeat Sephiroth, no matter how much or how little damage it inflicts.

DaremihC, there are two brief points I'd like to clarify. The counterattack was not the result of Counterattack materia. Cloud counters Sephiroth's attack, no matter what. As a matter of fact, it should be argued that Cloud has no materia at all during the fight. This is clear from certain facts. An obvious one (unless you're playing a no materia game, in which case the question is obviously irrelevant) is that all magic, summons, and other commands are gone. Further, if your HP, for example, was artificially augmented thorugh HP Plus materia, you'll notice in this fight that it has returned to its natural levels. Second, the reason the counterattack did so little was likely because you were using the Ultima Weapon. Since it powers up (or down) based on HP, Sephiroth's critical hit prior to the counter would have rendered your attack disappointingly weak. Should you use Omnislash (obviously before Seph attacks), you will see the expected big numbers.

If you're really interested in learning any of Sephiroth's hard statistics, you can view his status during the Kalm flashback. His HP, at the very least, doesn't apply to this final form. Since this is not actually a physical battle, but insead shows Cloud's will overcoming the influence of Seph, that stands to reason.

SadisticStreetSoldie
04-20-2005, 10:54 PM
All you have to do is save Knights Of The Round for Safer, cast it as soon as you can and BOOM he's gone.

DaremihC
04-21-2005, 06:14 AM
Masamune... you are my hero...

Masamune·1600
04-21-2005, 06:21 AM
Thanks! :cool:

Y-Rikku-P
04-28-2005, 09:33 PM
chill out

Sepho
04-29-2005, 01:57 AM
To be fair, he's right for the most part. Regardless of whether you've taught Cloud Omnislash prior to the Sephiroth battle, you'll have it at your disposal during the final duel. And you can't lose. Even if you choose to defend, Sephiroth will attack and Cloud will perform a simple counter attack as the finishing blow (no Counter materia needed, by the way). In maintaining that fairness, though, it's possible you've experienced a glitch. I've never heard of a glitch like that, but they're all over in FF7, so I wouldn't be that suprised.

Oh yeah, I'd like to point out that the chances of Super Nova causing status effects are slim. Sephy need only rely on Pale Horse for that. Super Nova isn't that big a deal; As stated, it's a gravity attack (it'll never kill you) and you're given more than enough prior warning to ready a Megalixir.

Masamune·1600
04-29-2005, 02:25 AM
Mercen-X, I'm sorry that you found my post so upsetting. As Sepho has confirmed, however, Omnislash is the only option available for selection. I understand that it's possible that you may have encountered a rare glitch, but please understand that I was merely attempting to clarify the various dynamics of the final duel. You will, I hope, notice that nowhere (neither in the excerpt from my post, nor in the unquoted sections where I addressed other issues concerning the duel) did I call you a liar. I merely pointed out that the sequence was designed so that Omnislash was the only option you could select (other than Defending or Row Changing, which would have led to Sephiroth's attack, of course). In any case, I hope you realize that I was not trying to antagonize you, but rather only attempting to clarify a fact about that particular battle. Seriously, though, it's probably best not to get so upset, even had I used a phrase like "liar." It's really not worth the stress.

Mercen-X
04-29-2005, 03:56 AM
It is a hereditary problem that I get upset over things that do not or should not matter. It actually doesn't last very long. I am a very defensive person. It's the nature of my family.
I do interpret this as you calling me a liar though.

Mercen-X, please reconsider your statements in the future, as many impressionable viewers may interpret them as fact.
Because of the fact that I've only gone to the Final Battle, without Omnislash, that one time, I did honestly think it was fact and it never occurred to me to try again to see if it was just a glitch.
I will now apologize for overreacting and inform our impressionable readers that I've only had the experience once and it may've been only a glitch that cannot be reproduced.

Masamune·1600
04-29-2005, 06:53 AM
. . . and I never said anything about Cloud losing. I don't know why you keep bringing that up.

I never attributed that to you. It was simply a clarification on the overall matter of the final duel. The only part I addressed to you was the Omnislash/Meteorain issue. In any case, Cloud's guaranteed victory was brought up only in the first of the two posts.

Sepho
04-29-2005, 09:11 PM
Maybe you only said it once, but you've got Sepho, your little clone, mimicking your post up there.

Pardon? You need to chillax a bit. Perhaps take a break and play the games you love so much that they brought you to these boards. It's easy to make a bigger deal out of it than it actually is when you're the one being corrected, but being childish isn't going to leave a better impression. Like I said, it could be a glitch, or you could have honestly remembered it the way you did. It's really not important, and I don't understand why it's so upsetting for you. I read masa's post, and it's a far cry from having a "jumping down your throat" tone to it.

And I don't know him outside the boards (or inside real well, for that matter, though he seems like a good poster). He registered a while after I stopped visiting the game forums for hours on end. It's paranoid of you to think I'm a member of some clique of his that has been called in for back up. Believe it or not, there are a good few fair-minded posters roaming around the forums.

No one worth befriending has read this thread and thought less of you, so I'd just recommend slowing down and thinking about how silly this all is before you give someone a reason to. You seem like an alright guy, and I'd think you're a little bit more mature than your last couple posts would suggest. So let's just call a truce and have some cookies.

Mercen-X
04-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Your posts say pretty much the same thing m16's do. That's all I meant. If you feel you need to prove me wrong, you're as paranoid as I am.

Just be glad I don't pester you guys about it outside this thread.
I don't openly attack anybody either, I just reply and sometimes overreact.

ANYWAY

Are there going to be anymore posters talking about stories?