PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 3: Who's your favourite Cobra?

Ichimonji
12-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Out of the five Cobras’ (Not counting The Boss): The Pain, The Fear, The End, The Fury, and The Sorrow... Who is your favourite one to battle? Or your favourite megalomaniac nihilistic personality? Spoilers obviously...

I would have to say, out of the five... I most enjoyed fighting The End and The Fear. Yet, they are two completely opposite battles. I loved fighting The Fear because of the intensity of the fast-paced battle. He moves like crazy and you don't often know where he is, until you wither his life down then his camouflage starts to decrease. That and the funny quirks which he says and does throughout the battle. The battle with The End was very intense in a totally different way. The fact that it's so quiet and he hides so well, when he shoots you, your heart seems to jump. I didn't like this battle at first because I couldn't hit him at all, then I discovered the Sniper Rifle, after that it became so very enjoyable. The Pain was a little too straightforward for me, The Fury was stupidly easy, and the "battle" with The Sorrow was very weird. It certainly was interesting though, to see all those you have killed.

Aside from the incredibly easy battle, I liked The Fury best personality wise. Like a true villain, he wants to engulf the world in flames for no real logical reason. I thought he was the most normal of the five until after you beat him, then he sucks up all the flames and turns himself into what looks like a giant flaming face. Then I would choose The Sorrow for having such a good backstory.

Sephex
12-22-2004, 04:06 PM
The End for sure. That sniper duel is simply awesome to play. I remember watching the "Bourne Identity" where they had a part that was like a sniper duel and thinking, "That would be awesome to play if this were a video game!" I knew the concept would work if it was pulled off correctly--and it was!

theundeadhero
12-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Cobra Commander. Got to get tough, YOOOOOOOOOO JOE!

Oh, that cobra. I have the game sitting under my Christmas stick but I'm trying not to play it before Christmas. I don't know if I can hold out.

lordblazer
12-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Well hes in ocelot but i hate revolver when hes young. but my fav. is The End.

Maxico
12-22-2004, 06:30 PM
My favourite is: I HATE YOU BECAUSE KONAMI HAS NOT REALEASED IT IN ENGLAND YET.

Rabid Dogs
12-23-2004, 05:58 AM
My favorite Cobra was The End. No doubt about it. Snipers are always the coolest. Watch Saving Private Ryan, and you'll agree that Barry Pepper is totally awesome in that movie. As far as your actual questions though, I'd say The Pain, since I found him the easiest and The Fury, since he was definitely the most insane of the five. Great game, by the way. I knew a lot of what was ging to happen, but the ending didn't even totally sink in until the second time through. Subtle, yet obvious, when you play it through again.
Sorry about that you ol' Brit, but you'll be glad when you have it. Righty-o, eh Maxico?

The Amazing Spiderman
12-26-2004, 08:06 PM
I liked The Sorrow, Followed by the Fury .

I enjoyed more The Fury fight, I don't know why..maybe the music and that I CQC'd him only. I Sniped The End, but also Ambushed him, which I prefer to do.
The Pain is ok. I like the flow of the fight.
The Fear wasn't that great, I fight him normally, and throwing him rotten food, which was the first way I beated him...I saw he was eating asnakes and stuff, why don't I get rid of my rotten poison dart frogs?

But The Sorrow's is great, IMO. He was everywhere, the fight was original (in exception that you could still shot the ghosts...) and he has nice history.

Ryth
12-26-2004, 09:49 PM
The End it's awesome I love the sniper duel thing! AWESOME.

The End > The other Cobras

lordblazer
12-27-2004, 02:13 AM
The End had those coocky eyes lol they're funny is a a WW2 veteran or something?

Ieatyourchildren
01-08-2005, 03:51 AM
My favorite was The End, hes freakin 100 years old and has moss growing on his body!!!!!! The Sorrow also freaked me out.

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-08-2005, 04:00 AM
I thought The Sorrow was the coolest until he took off his hood and looked like a child molestor. I'll go witht he group and say The End. It was a fun battle.

Lord Chainsaw
01-09-2005, 07:07 AM
My favorite was the Fury. It was a combination of his personality and the fact that that was my favorite fight in the game. The way the music would disappear, and then get intense when he spotted you was reminiscent of Vulcan Raven from the original MGS. I don't think the music stopped during the fight with Raven though.

Runner up is the Sorrow. Great concept. I actually had to check a FAQ to figure out how to beat him.

The End was alright too. My fight lasted 90 minutes, and he restored his health and stamina which kept me on the edge.

The Fear would have been complete crap had he not had an awesome voice.

And the Pain is a bastard child that nobody loves.

nik0tine
01-09-2005, 09:53 AM
The Fury by far. On extreme mode, he was the hardest of all of the Cobra's (Not that he was very hard at all...) The End was stupidly easy, as was the fear, and the pain was the most irritating fight of them all, especially if you are going for a stamina depletion victory. My favorite fight of them all though, was the fight with Volgin. Now that was fun! Also did anyone else think that ocelot was the hardest on extreme?

TeH uNkNoWn
01-09-2005, 05:20 PM
http://ewancient.lysator.liu.se/pic/fanq/c/e/cecil2/cobra_recruit.jpg

hahaha snake is doommed

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-09-2005, 06:00 PM
The Fury by far. On extreme mode, he was the hardest of all of the Cobra's (Not that he was very hard at all...) The End was stupidly easy, as was the fear...With the Fire camo and the knife, you can beat The Fury easily in under a minute. It's pretty ridiculous.

nik0tine
01-10-2005, 09:12 PM
With the Fire camo and the knife, you can beat The Fury easily in under a minute. It's pretty ridiculous.

Well, I didn't have the fire camo yet. I still had to beat him first to get it. I imagine that he would be pretty easy with the fire camo equipped, but I haven't played it through with the fire camo yet.

Bisithorious
01-12-2005, 07:39 PM
The End and The Sorrow. When I first fought The End, I was lying down and trying to find him. He started saying something, I unequiped the sniper rifle and I was going to move a different area, there he was! The End was standing right behind me...Scared the dung out of me. I thought I was dead...

The Sorrow looked funny when a popped out from behind someone, or around the corner, with a sign. It was like he was puppet.

Doomgaze
01-14-2005, 08:05 AM
The Sorrow and The End, by far. I disliked the other Cobras.

It was kind of disappointing that the Cobras had so little backstory compared to FoxHound and Dead Cell, but eh. The story was a bit dull when you were crawling around in the jungle, but the end definitely made up for that.

Also,
http://www.illusionaryworld.com/ocelot.gif

Lord Chainsaw
01-16-2005, 01:56 AM
I am SO saving that to my computer.