PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 and 9: Which would you play first assuming you're gonna play both?

FinalBob42
12-22-2004, 10:01 PM
If you have sufficient time over winter break, which of the two would you play before the other one. (If you think this thread is dumb, I'm sorry. It's just a random question).

finalheaven
12-22-2004, 10:07 PM
erm..how CANu compare 9 to 7??? sorry if this offends ff9 fans

theundeadhero
12-22-2004, 10:10 PM
I've played 9 more recently so I would pick 7.

rubah
12-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Play 9 first. that way it's not so much of a disappointment (whereas I played eight before nine and was terribly disappointed in it) Just don't spend too much time on it.

DarknessFromAbove
12-22-2004, 11:48 PM
chocomog33:
I feel completly opposite. . . Though the graphics are better in 9 it can never compete with 7 in my eyes :love:
p.s. love your sig :D

Sephirothvsvader22
12-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Of course you should play 7 first to get the hang of the series. It is more difficult.

Sidu
12-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Hands down go with final fantasy 7! I just recently found myself going back and dusting off the old cover of seven to start it over again! Play them in order because if you do play 9 first you may get to caught up with 7's abmidable graphics leaving you to not enjoy its..... great gameplay, fantastic story, amazing characters, fantastic detai..... sorry got off track!!! FINAL FANTASY 7!!!!!!!

rubah
12-23-2004, 12:14 AM
. . . Seven is the last FF I've played in the series so far. That means I was used to the graphics of 10, 10-2, 9, and 8.

But, also 4, 5, and 6. Once you play games that never knew what 'millions of colors' is like, the difference made is moot.

(I do think the majority of graphics in ff7 are crap, but that doesn't mean I don't like it:) Which is why I said play the less-likable (imho anyways) first)

anyways, it's called saving the best [of the two] for last ^_^ like with fireworks on the forth of july or similar holidays^_^

theundeadhero
12-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Of course you should play 7 first to get the hang of the series. It is more difficult.If thats the case you should start with 1 to get the hang of the series.

Sephirothvsvader22
12-23-2004, 01:05 AM
Yes, but he asked us to compare.

JayDee
12-23-2004, 08:02 AM
If you have sufficient time over winter break, which of the two would you play before the other one. (If you think this thread is dumb, I'm sorry. It's just a random question).

I think you mean Summer break :rolleyes2
Your livin in a damn fantasy world..........
Anyway IX comes first.
Always save the best till last :)

DJZen
12-23-2004, 08:05 AM
IX, because I've played VII more and I actually think I'm reversing what I said earlier today about liking IX least. I think I actually might like VII least....

Braindead_Paul
12-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Play FFVII first. Otherwise you won't understand the guy-with-spikey-hair-allusion! ;)
And don't forget to play FF 1-6 before to get all the allusions in FF IX! :D

theundeadhero
12-23-2004, 02:50 PM
I could beat VII on Christmas break if I was still in school.

Ryth
12-23-2004, 03:00 PM
I say VII because I need to beat it before Advent Childern comes out so I need to beat it soon. Also VII is the better game IX does have better music and graphics the music in VII doesn't suck and well of COURSE IX has better graphics than VII! VII was made in 1997 (or was it 1996?) and IX was made in 2000 I think the PS1 wasn't as new so they knew how to take advantage of the PS1's power the kind of experience they didn't have when making FFVII. The story in FFIX was certainly an awesome tail that was very enteraining and involving I loved it but I just enjoyed FFVII's story so much more it was compellin with treason, conspiracy, dreams, motives, life, death, mysteries abound, and so much more while IX did have some of this stuff VII had more of it and did so much better not to say IX didn't do a good job it did but VII did it better.

FinalBob42
12-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks for all the opinions.

Looking at the poll now...

FF7 Votes: 8
FF9 Votes: 7

I think I'll go with 7...or maybe 9...well, 7...no I think 9...naw 7...wait...9...7....

*sigh*

theundeadhero
12-23-2004, 05:39 PM
You better pick one fast. Vacations drifting away on you.

UltimaLimit
12-23-2004, 06:47 PM
I found FF7 to be better overall. IMO the only things 9 has over 7 are better graphics (for reasons already mentioned) and an extra disc (which was probably made necessary by aforementioned graphics). I burned through FF9's discs quickly compared to FF7's.

I personally think 9's soundtrack & graphics are designed to be more lighthearted (possibly why I dislike the soundtrack). I think 7's more dark and gritty, which in my mind goes better with winter. :save:

Of course, 9 was still fun, so you could save the best (7) for last.

If all else fails, consult a higher power. *flips coin* *goes off to play FF*

finalheaven
12-23-2004, 07:53 PM
i agrree with getting used to the cruddier graphix in 7..which is not about graphis that a fact..all FF have always been about atomsphere and intensity..sure. amazing FMV and graphis help ..but ff7 is more abouthe story line..why do think their making AC?!?! yeah ff9 did have better graphics obviously and ok music...but it went no where....i mean look at hte frount logo..the crystal thing...i had no idea what that was untill the final battle...and the last boss was sooo random! therewas no purpose in 9..the story was strong at first and ATM events died out towards the ending..along with the structure of the story.im sorry im comapring them...but some1 dissed 7..i love 7 to much..im juss paranoied..sorryyy ^_^ juss ignore this.....

moron
12-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Are you talking to me? :confused:

KingOfDragons
12-25-2004, 06:30 PM
I played FF9 first, and then you might become dissapointed with the graphics of FF7, but I think 7 is better then 9 so play 7 first