PDA

View Full Version : Black Mages 2

crono_logical
12-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Well it came out in Japan today (22nd) :p So what do people think of it, and how does it compare to the first Black Mages album? :p

EDIT: Also, I'm currently unsure as to the gender of the singer in this version of Otherworld :p

rubah
12-22-2004, 11:02 PM
I want to hear it badly-- I heard the two clips they released on nobuo's site, so I guess it's look for it online now:)

(I even liked the skies above (the to zanarkand song), wel the thirty seconds I heard of it anyways)

Hope it's awesome:D

WarZidane
12-24-2004, 12:25 PM
I think it's much better than the first one :p
And the voice in Otherworld is female

crono_logical
12-24-2004, 02:24 PM
I think the Opera-style singing with heavy metal backing to the To Zanarkand tune is the best track :p

Ichimonji
12-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Yeah, it's really good. Best songs on the track in my opinion: The Skies Above, Maybe I'm A Lion, and Matoya's Cave. Though they're all very well done. It's way too short though, the longest song only clocks in at around seven minutes... While Dancing Mad on the first album was twelve. It's just the way they picked their selection I guess. Anyways, I'm very impressed; it's definitely a soundtrack that shouldn't be passed up.

WarZidane
12-24-2004, 04:43 PM
The total length is still only about 30 seconds less than the first one :p

rubah
12-25-2004, 04:44 AM
I have made The Skies Above my new favorite song.

(it might be because of the long hours I've spent playing an arrangement of To Zanarkand on the piano. over and over. in different octaves, sometimes splitting octaves, and sometimes just hands alone.)

(not to mention the hours listening to the 45 second clip they released over and over)

gotta listen to the rest of these suckers I guess^^

Otherworld sounded weird though.. I was used to that guy singing it. I liked how they kept the switch to radio noise in the middle though. it's hard to hear, so I guess that's an issue.

(winning the rainbow is sounding very good right now:))

Doomgaze
12-25-2004, 07:34 AM
I haven't given it a good listen yet because I downloaded all of OCRemix and am listening to that. Matoya's Cave and the FF4 songs = very ace. and STILL NO ATMA WEAPON MUSIC. What the hell?

Necronopticous
12-25-2004, 08:05 AM
Just as impressive as the first one was, seems like a really short album, however.

rubah
12-28-2004, 08:32 PM
found where someone had linked to a picture of the lyrics to the skies above. (and otherworld, but you can find those anywhere)

http://www.imageranch.com/files/1103848494_tbm05.jpg (there's two other images, change from 05 to 04 and 06. but 05 is the important one:D)

lessthanthreethissong

now I just have to memorize it.

I also like Maybe I'm a Lion (partially because OF the short vocals towards the beginning:D I can so imagine that being squall), Hunter's Chance (it's catchy:D), and Matoya's Cave, and probably others, but those are the ones that spring to mind immediately.

Sephex
12-29-2004, 04:17 AM
I'll eventually get this, just like I got the first one. I loved the first one, and this one sounds awesome!

Sefie1999AD
01-02-2005, 12:22 AM
I liked the first Black Mages album, and the second one was just as good, if not better. The music seems more varied than on the first album. BM1 had pretty much only battle music whereas BM2 has music from all kinds of situations in FFs. The arrangement of Vamo Alla Flamenco is great, Otherworld is... for the lack of a better word, special, since the singer is so high-pitched rather than being a roaring heavy metal singer. Good to hear Matoya's Cave too. Battle with the Four Fiends (Dreadful Fight in FFIV OST) is great as always, and the Skies Above (Zanarkand theme from FFX) is a different kind of song. I like how the style keeps changing and how there's a singer in the Skies Above. The final song sounds like an FF-ish battle theme, though I don't think it plays in any FF game.

To summarize what I just wrote, the Black Mages 2 album is a great collection of Uematsu's tunes. :)

Yuffie514
01-12-2005, 11:50 PM
erh...would someone mind telling me what Black Mages 2 is? :confused:

rubah
01-13-2005, 01:23 AM
It's Nobuo's rock group. They play [battle] music from final fantasy.

Not so much battle music in TBM2, but it's the backbone still.

the black mages 2 is the second album. Subtitled The Skies Above:)

Yuffie514
01-13-2005, 02:00 AM
sounds like a really cool group. i'll have to buy their CD.

Ultima Shadow
01-13-2005, 07:01 PM
I think the Opera-style singing with heavy metal backing to the To Zanarkand tune is the best track :p
While I still like it... I have to dissagree about this. I don't really like the voice and I think I would have liked it more if it wasn't opera-style. But on the other hand... heavy metal-style don't suite To Zanarkand... but I still think the voice could have been better. :tongue:

STILL NO ATMA WEAPON MUSIC. What the hell?
Yea, that's a shame... :cry: Hope to hear it in Black Mages 3! :D And I hope there will be some FFV tracks as well. The FFV boss theme sounds very good in metal-style. :cool:

My fav was "Man with the machinegun" and I love it how a part from "Legendary Beast" was made into it. :D
My second fav was "Blue Blast- Winning the Rainbow". :cool:

Overall it was great and just as good as the first one. But my fav still remains "The Decesive battle" from BM1.

Trumpet Thief
01-31-2005, 06:44 PM
chaos: I'll get to it later. All I've heard so far is "Man with the Machine Gun" and I am impressed.