PDA

View Full Version : What else do you guys play?

Rabid Dogs
12-23-2004, 06:08 AM
So, since this is a Final Fantasy site, we must all like RPGs. What other games and genres does everyone like? Just throw some out and discuss. As for myself, I like just about everything. I like Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy (duh), Suikoden, and sports games. I guess that's racing, action, RPGs, and sports. Halo (1&2) and Ninja Gaiden are great, too. That's just some of what I like. How about you? Discuss. :magus:

Edit: I forgot to add, I like fighting games also. Tekken Tag Tournament is a great one, even if it old. Same goes for DOA3. Soul Calibur's good, too. I know the Mortal Kombat series is good, but I've never played it much. My parents always said I wasn't supposed to, and I'm a pretty good kid, so you know.

YunaGirl05
12-23-2004, 06:13 AM
Prince of Perisa, Dyansty Warriors, Soul Cailber, Tomb Raider.

edczxcvbnm
12-23-2004, 06:30 AM
Almost anything Action or Adventure usually rocks. Thats my main thing. Everything else takes a backseat. Zelda, Beyond Good & Evil and Metroid are all awesome. I like a lot more FPS games now as they have more adventure elements and puzzles to them. I can't wait to get half-life 2.

muchacho
12-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Metal Gear Solid ALL THE WAY!

i like sports games like NCAA and madden. i also like DDR (TOURNAMENT NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO)

basicaly, i dont really have a fav. type of game, i just play whats good.

Jolts
12-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Here's a list of videogame series that are decently popular that I like:

The Legend Of Zelda
Final Fantasy (obvoiusly)
Metroid
Metal Gear Solid
Pokémon
Breath Of Fire
Castlevania
Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country
Mario Kart
Super Smash Bros.
Grand Theft Auto
Kingdom Hearts (I know it's not much of a series yet, but it's gettin' there)
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Kirby
Soul Riever
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
possibly more that I can't remember

Now a list of not-so-popular series that I like:

The Legend Of Legaia

Neither list was in any particular order, other than memory recall.

Ichimonji
12-23-2004, 08:48 AM
I play just about anything on just about any system. I'm not really much of a nitpicker. I enjoy most to all games.

Lord Chainsaw
12-23-2004, 08:16 PM
I play Castlevania. I love me some Castlevania. I tried that Van Helsing game for the Xbox when it came out during the summer... it just wasn't the same. I caught the Belmont reference, made me laugh and all, but it just wasn't the same.

Pure Strife
12-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Resident Evil, GTA and Metal Gear. Together with FF they form the only series of games I tend to buy. Although someone left the Everything Or Nothing James Bond game here last week, so I'm playing through that out of boredom.

WarZidane
12-23-2004, 08:33 PM
I like a few games of pretty much every genre. :p
RPG's are always welcome, FPS games usually too (i somehow hate Half-Life though), and i love those oldskool point & click games :D
Action/Adventure too, most of the time. Stuff like Zelda, Prince of Persia, Jak & Daxter.
oh, and Metal Gear Solid games, and Metroid, and beat 'em up games (Super Smash Brothers, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Guilty Gear, and so on :p), and racing. Gran Turismo is great, so is Burnout 3.
So yeah, any genre works for me.

Chris
12-23-2004, 11:19 PM
Dracula: Resurrection, Pikmin, Eternal Darkness, Bloodrayne, Zelda, Tales of Symphonia.

Dking'squeen
12-23-2004, 11:29 PM
*begins to go through a list of games owned*

Final Fnatasy
Tekken Series
Soul Caliber series
Psychicer Force *for Dreamcast*
Prince of Persia
Castlevania
Legend of Dragoon
Xenosaga
Sonic Series
ATV Offroad Fury
Jak and Daxter Series
Ratchet and Clank Series
Chrono Cross
Marvel vs Capcom2
Guilty Gear X-2
Dot Hack Series
Dead of Alive series
Pokemon *when bored*
Megaman
Kingdom Hearts
Street Fighter Series

*there are more but these are from the top of my head...note that these titles aren't in any specific order so...*

Casey
12-24-2004, 07:29 AM
Lineage 2, UT2k4, DOOM 3, Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas, Battlefield: Vietnam,etc.

I look forward to the new battlefield 2, thats going to come out soon.

Jolts
12-24-2004, 07:54 AM
Some that I forgot:

Resident Evil
Tekken
Megaman

Raistlin
12-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Suikoden, Lunar, Breath of Fire, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto, even some Street Fighter and Madden.