PDA

View Full Version : canoe

Unda
12-23-2004, 03:46 PM
i've just recently bought FF1 and 2 (as one thing) for the GBA, now i assume the actual game is the same so i thought i'd ask, seeming as I'm stuck. I've freed the princess, gotten bikkie's ship and gotten to the elf city where the prince is sick, i've also found the witch's cave (can't remember her name, think it begins with a m or an n) but i can't for the life of me find a canoe and from what i've had a look around the map, which considering how stuck i am is a lot, i need it to continue.

now, where is that stupid canoe?! :mad:

theundeadhero
12-23-2004, 03:59 PM
The witch's name is Matoya. The canoe isn't what your looking for yet. From Elfland travel West and North to find an abondoned castle ( optional at this point ) or West and South to find the Marsh Cave.

WarZidane
12-23-2004, 04:17 PM
First go to the Marsh cave to find a crown or something, then go to that abandoned castle. :p
Then you'll probably know what to do again.

Unda
12-23-2004, 09:54 PM
i went to the abandoned castle but i didn't find anything interesting there

Necronopticous
12-23-2004, 10:01 PM
"When you feel confident, stock up
on Heal and Pure potions, and bring a Tent or Cabin with you, and head
off towards the Marsh Cave, far to the southwest. If you need to, use
the Push B Select trick to view your map, its the dot in the middle of
a large marsh, at the southern tip of the continent.

After retrieving the Crown, make your way out from the Marsh Cave [...] you can head up to Astos' Castle [...] There isn't a lot to do after entering this castle. There are no random
battles and no one to talk to. Your main goal is to defeat Astos for
the Crystal. As soon as you talk to Astos he demands his Crown back and
immediatly proceeds to attack the party."

Excerpts from:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/final_fantasy_h.txt

Good luck

Unda
12-23-2004, 10:35 PM
thankyou! ^^

Necronopticous
12-23-2004, 10:44 PM
I do what I can.

Unda
12-24-2004, 11:30 AM
ah, another problem, loads of the doors on the lowest floor are locked by something that's called a mystic key, what's that?

WarZidane
12-24-2004, 12:31 PM
You'll get it soon, after the abandoned castle. :p

Mage_of_Fire
12-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Yes, they put these locked rooms all over the map to make it longer. There are rooms that you must come back to in: Marsh Cave, Northwest (Astos's) Castle, Coneria, Temple of Fiends (Garland), and the Dwarf Cave. Those are all that I can think of at the moment. Not all of these places have really necessary stuff, You should probably skip the revisit to the Marsh Cave and maybe the Northwest Caslte (but probably only skip the MC). After all, there are no baddies in the castle.

You really need to look in all the previously locked rooms in the other three places though.

BTW, you will get the mystic key soon after astos. Just follow the chain of deliveries once you beat him. Remember what you should know, Matoya needs her Crystal, the elf prince needs Herb, Astos wants the Crown, and you need the Mystic Key to open doors.

That should help :)

theundeadhero
12-25-2004, 04:49 AM
I think the remake has it called jolt cola. ...and while it's not nessicary to go back and get that stuff I recommend it for resale value. Your next piece of armour for your fighter is $45,000. :) You'll make enough money if you get everything and sell it.

DJZen
12-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Why would they call it Jolt Cola? Are they hoping for a lawsuit?

theundeadhero
12-25-2004, 08:43 PM
jolt tonic maybe?

sh1nta
12-26-2004, 07:32 PM
how do u class change in final fantasy 1, for gba... ive been playing it for awhile i got 2 rublies the floater and im lvl 42, how come i havent changed classes yet, or how do i?

DJZen
12-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Just got to that point, yup, it's Jolt Tonic.

Mage_of_Fire
12-26-2004, 11:25 PM
You have to go through a castle and retrieve a tail (probably renamed), then go to the small islands to the west of the castle. You will be rewarded with the class change.

The castle is in the central-north area of the map. A little to the east side. It's like Ohio if the World of FF was the US, I think.

edit: hey just looked at your other post and noticed you are from ohio, lol! Ironic.

The castle is like a dungeon with a bunch of hard enemies, but the Cave in the Islands doesn't have any enemies. It is inhabited by dragons, with Bahamut as their king. I think this is the same as the NES version, I haven't played through DoS's FF1, but I've played the NES version.