PDA

View Full Version : Greaver

KingOfDragons
12-23-2004, 05:32 PM
I heard that if you play it right Quistis can summon Greaver. anyone know how?

Dking'squeen
12-23-2004, 06:59 PM
I don't think so
I know she can use Griever's attack, shockwave pulsar. *right?*
But i don't think she can summon him *although i wish she could, but then I don't use her so...*

Xxiawakin
12-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Even though Ultimecia created Greiver based on Squall's fear, right?
*Eyeroll*

Necronopticous
12-23-2004, 10:23 PM
You heard wrong.

Shoden
12-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Rubbish Griever was created by ultimecia as she entered squall's mind for the most powerfull creature he imagined and voila there you have it griever. Eden is the most powerfull but wth is it?

Angel Rinoa
12-24-2004, 01:05 PM
I thought that Griever didn't exist.

Shoden
12-24-2004, 01:07 PM
he didn't exist untill ultimecia created him anyway he didnt look all that amazing in my oppinion

KingOfDragons
12-24-2004, 06:08 PM
I thought so... Thanks

PhoenixAsh
12-24-2004, 06:40 PM
It's not confirmed to my knowledge that Griever was created by Ultimecia... Even if it was I'm again unsure that she created it on encountering Squall.

Kamrusepas
12-28-2004, 10:01 AM
If Ultimecia created [supposedly in the future] Griever, how does Squall have a necklace of him?

bakabakabaka
12-28-2004, 01:51 PM
i think that griever was based off the ring...
but ultimica controlled all the sorceresses (i can't spell) throughout the ages so.... she probally know that it meant alot to him??
i dunno if i'm right, just guessing!

rubah
12-28-2004, 08:07 PM
wasn't griever a legend at first?

"what's on your necklace?"
"it's the legendary GF, [name the GF screen]" or whatever.

Speaking of Shockwave pulsar-- lemme guess, its damage depends on quistis' magic doesn't it? well meh-_- I used her to level squall up so she's got horrible stats:D

Very nice animation though.

Dking'squeen
12-28-2004, 08:15 PM
i've never liked Quisty and didn't care for her magic so I never got to see Shockwave Pulsar unless Griever was using it on me

If Griever was simply a legendary GF, do you think that maybe Ulti captured it or something? I don't know either

Kamrusepas
12-29-2004, 01:04 PM
But if it was just a legendary GF, why would it be so personally important to Squall?

Sir Bahamut
12-29-2004, 01:28 PM
Why is wearing a cross an important thing for christians?

Same reason: what it represents and symbolises.
Griever symbolised something that Squall liked.

Wolfmeister
12-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Well, I dont know what is exactly the meaning "The Strongest GF in Squall's mind" , does it mean "Squall thinks Griever is the most powerful" or "Griever just Squall's imagination"???

I heard there were two popular theories....

1. Rinoa is Ultimecia in the future. As time goes by, Squall Cs are all dead, leaving her all alone, Sorceress with no knights will turn evil just like Edea said. And Rinoa owns Squall necklace or ring? whichever with Griever engraved on it in the Disc 2 I think..... perhaps Griever does exist and Ultimecia summons it then says what Squall said to her "The Most Powerful GF".

2. Ultimecia picture out Griever from Squall's mind then summons it into reality and figure out that Shockwave Pulsar is the most powerful enemy skill + all-enemies attack from Quistis's mind then transcend that ability unto Griever. She could say Griever is the most powerful just because she created it from other's thoughts of what was actually "the strongest/hardest to be defeated" for them. So basically, the characters fight their strongest imaginary creature or sumthin like tat. Ultimecia took benefit from it but totally fail, perhaps she didn't that genious in magical skills to create something real from imagination directly.... or perhaps Squall Cs. imagination didn't that great if applied in reality. :rolleyes2 :eek: :D

rubah
12-29-2004, 09:01 PM
why not keep going--

hotdogs are the important thing in zell's mind, so they become griever's secondary attack, selphie enjoys planning stuff, so the entire battle is set on a concert stage, rinoa thinks friends are important, so why not have more than one of the legendary GF? and of course, Irvine thinks girls are the greatest thing in the world, so at least one of the grievers would be female.

I think what it is is a scare technique. Scare the leader so that the rest of the team falls by the wayside.

Most likely the reason Quistis has shockwave pulsar is because it's made from a dark matter. Square decided that 'hey, why not make this a [relatively] hard to get item? Oh, and since it's the legendary dark matter, why not make it the same as the legendary GF's attack?'

it really does sound random more than anything to me:)

PhoenixAsh
12-29-2004, 11:21 PM
I've never really bought the idea that Ulti created Griever to freak Squall out. He's just travelled across the globe, into space, through time, has fought a ridiculous number of enemies, and has become the leader of a military organisation. Why the hell would she think he'd be frightened by a figment of his imagination?

Memorylight
01-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Griever is easy to beat but the first time I played FF 8 i lost badly so when I played the game the second time I named squalls ring F***** idiot so when you fought the so called most powerful GF again he had a much more suitable name.
I agree with PhoenixAsh.... And Griever does exist, Ultimecia just summoned him.
But I don't think Quistis can summon him...

lord shishio
01-20-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey memorylight, you should check when the last post was before you reply, it was almost a month ago, so this thread is kinda......you know.....dead?

rubah
01-20-2005, 11:58 PM
There's been worse cases of necroposting. *Shrugs*

FoulDrow
01-21-2005, 02:39 AM
...what's necroposting???

Xaven
01-21-2005, 04:30 AM
...what's necroposting???
Posting on dead threads.

Though I always use Quisty when I play, I never bother to get the Dark Matter so I've never seen her use it.

DMKA
01-21-2005, 04:47 PM
I heard that if you play it right Quistis can summon Greaver. anyone know how?
:lol::lol::lol:

Shoden
01-21-2005, 05:11 PM
thats the stupidist thing ever the only way to get Grieveer is cheating with action replay codes.
quistis isnt the only one who can learn blue magic maybe ultimecia already created griever but it had no form it was just a spirit, it could of learned shockwave pulsar using another dark matter and when the battle with squall and co came to be she gave this power form as Griever or she may have captured it as he was a legendery Gf she may have warped it slightly and taught it some powerfull moves eg bahamut aint the only dragon GF tiamat came from the same clan and was a Gf.

i have 2 theories about this but the 2nd one seems more logical use your brains and not your mind.

Destai
01-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Griever was most likely just a legend. It is possible but I think its unlikely that Griever was custom made from Squall. Was Griever the legend of an ancient beast called the Lion? Maybe. When the party first met Ultimecia she didnt seem to know them at all. They were just SeeD's as far as she was concerned so delving into Squalls mind to uncover his greatest fear or comfort doesnt sound right to me. Like all undeveloped RPG bad guys she thought she was extremely superior and of course powerful compared to some dumbass mercenaries. Also She referred to Griever as the legendary GF. Why would Griever be legendary if Squall had him custom made? And no after he dissapeared into time and returning 5 seconds later (time travel, think about it) he and his ring did not become legendary. It didnt make total sense but apparently Square found it convienient not to notice it (hell all the brilliance disapeared from disc 3 and on). Griever wouldnt have been legendary if he was a personal fictional character created by Squall. He was clearly a GF long long ago, that became a legend and was summoned by Ultimecia because he was powerful (kindA). It was just a coincidence that it was the same as the ring Squall had.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 08:23 PM
GFs are eternal Ultimecia could of captured him and warped him like she done with the other creatures eg tiamat

finalheaven
01-21-2005, 11:27 PM
shockwave pulsar is amazing..it can do daamage with 5 digits!!!!!!!!!..anyway Destai ..i agree with u well thats what i was gonna say ..greiver is also Squalls like..erm influence thing.kinda like a thing hes into. like hhow people are into...dolphins and stuff ok crappy example ..but i remember when he was passioately explaining it to rinoa..saying how they were brave and powerful..^_^..i cat remember any part of hte game where it refers to ultima summuning griever from Sqaulls mind...hmm...

Shoden
01-21-2005, 11:32 PM
well Ultimecia could of captured griever and turned it evil

Sir Bahamut
01-22-2005, 11:30 AM
From the japanese version:

---

Ultimecia: Your feelings, I shall summon the most powerful of things
[from them]! The more strongly you feel, that will be what shall torment
you. Fufu.

After fighting Griever for a while:

Ultimecia: Fufu. Are your memories fading to nothing? This is not the
dreadfulness of the true GF. The GF's true ferocity, let me instruct you
[in it]! That power, show it to them! Griever!

---

Scanning Griever:

"In Squalls mind, the most powerful GF".

---

We can conclude that Griever was a GF summoned/drawn from Squalls mind/feelings. From that, we can conclude that either Griever was junctioned to Squall all along, or he was created right there and then.

As for the whole "legendary GF", it's not in the japanese version, but regardless of that, Griever may merely have been just that, a legend. Nothing more nothing less.

But the information we have on Griever all points to him coming from Squalls mind.

Destai
01-22-2005, 12:51 PM
God I wishI could speak/read japanese...