PDA

View Full Version : monster arena

redxiiii
12-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Hey guys i`am having trouble finding the last couple of fiends in omega dungeon and the sunken cave cus sum1 help? :D :D :D

Zante
12-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Did you get the two giants? I was missing them for a long time, as you can only fight them in the second section of the dungeon.

redxiiii
12-23-2004, 08:36 PM
Yeah the gemini`s i got them as well as the master tonberry, adamantoise, varuna,wraith,spirit,black element,machea,purobours and the zaurus oh and the floating death but apparently i`m missing another monster by the way in the sunken cave their is a monster in a pot which u can win items off do u have to catch him 2????????

Lon611
12-23-2004, 08:56 PM
no, you do not have to catch him. :)

rubah
12-23-2004, 09:06 PM
what's sad is that I got master tonberry x10 before I even had little tonberry x7:/ (I *STILL* don't have ten of those suckers)

Magic Pots are [worse than] useless. Use Flee, unless you feel like trying to get items.

do you have the queen/regina/whatever/master coeurl creature? I think that's in Omega ruins.

There's a sneaky fellow in the sunken cave, it's the horned/dog/demon type, and I have even fewer of those than I do of tonberries. I'll dig up the names of the two areas' monster lists.

Omega Ruins: Varuna(the tall sucker), Floating Death(eye), Black Element(elemental), Zaurus(lizard), Spirit(ghost) Halma(helm), Machea(tall mantis sucker), Master Coeurl(magical kitty cat:D), Master Tonberry(tonberry), and Puroburos(bomb).

Cavern of the Stolen Fayth: Yowie(lizard), Imp(floating wizard?), Dark Element(Elemental), Nidhogg(dragon), Thorn(shroom), Valaha(the aforementioned horned dog/demon sucker), Epaaj(mantis sucker), Ghost(ghost), Tonberry(tonberry)

I was under the impression that the Gemini's were part of the inside Sin set? as are adamantoises, and some of the other lovely creatures towards the end of the ruins.

Lon611
12-23-2004, 11:07 PM
yes they are. and i believe wraiths are too?maybe?i forgot

redxiiii
12-24-2004, 06:04 PM
Hi guys it`s me again rather then make another thread i`m going to ask the question here. well i`ve now got all area creations thanx to your info and now i want to know how to get the origanal creations as well :D :D :D

rubah
12-24-2004, 07:09 PM
You have to capture certain numbers of each fiend type. I have no reccollect whatsoever as to what numbers they are, but you'd be better off just to go and get at least five of every monster. That way you'll [probably] end up getting [at least] most of the species creations, and then the originals should follow from there.

Of course, to get nemesis, you need all ten, which by the time you're catching those tonberries and stuff inside sin, gets to being a real pain. Start with five each, then you can get ultima buster and the clear spheres. Then you can build your stats (slowly, but it's so worth it) and eventually get enough dark matters to add break dmg limit on one of your capture weapons (which is also worth it. saves from haveing to have one of the celestial weapons and accidentally killing the stupid turtle or behemoth or whatever before you can get the last hit in with one of the dinky capture weapons)

there's a ton of good guides for this on gamefaqs, specifically the stat maxing guide. *loves on*

redxiiii
01-04-2005, 05:29 PM
:D How many dark matters do u need 4 break damage limit and aren`t all the slots filled on capture weapons :D

Lon611
01-04-2005, 09:13 PM
unless im crazy, then i believe u need 99 dark matters. not sure about the slots tho...

TheSpoonyBard
01-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Capture weapons have 2 slots - one is Capture, the other is empty. 99 Dark Matters is correct.

rubah
01-05-2005, 12:08 AM
. . . break damage limit is only 60 dark matters.

I think it's in the international version that you need 99 of them for anything, and unless I'm mistaken, that would be the ribbon ability?

Peek
01-08-2005, 01:13 PM
In the PAL version that I have, yes rubah you're correct, 99 Dark Matters for Ribbon. I did this, BREAK HP/MP LIMIT and auto pheonix on a shield and a ring, but saved over the game by accident, terrible, terrible feeling.

Months and months later, I'm replaying, Tidus is just starting to hit 99'999, and I have BREAK HP and MP on his Endless Road. This time, instead of going for Ribbon on two armors, I'm going to have BREAK DAMAGE LIMIT on my capture weapon, it'd make it so easy, yet exceedinly boring. But still easy! :p