PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Holiday Song

Fuzakeru
12-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Right now the song I've been listening to time after time again in "Mary Did you Know?"

What song touches your heart during this time of the Season?

nik0tine
12-23-2004, 10:57 PM
No song "touches my heart" But I do enjoy the greensleeves quite a bit.

Chris
12-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Let Joy and Innocence Prevail.

What a sad but great story teller.

MoonsEcho
12-23-2004, 11:03 PM
I love Mary Did You Know! :<3:!

My other favorites are O Holy Night, What Child Is This, and Carol of the Bells. There's a certain version of Carol of the Bells that is almost...dark sounding, that I especially love. Also, Mannheim Steamroller does beautiful Christmas instrumentals, and I love those.

:<3: Christmas.

Edit: Also, there is a very sad song, I can't remember right now who sings it, but it tells the story of a little girl whose family is broke because of medical bills for her dying mother. She is in the store, looking for some shoes for her mother, because her mother said that she wanted to look beautiful when she went to meet Jesus. Some other person who was in the store was aggravated and stressed about all the rush to buy presents, and the crowds, and all the stuff people too often get caught up in. When the little girl told her story, the other person realized how foolish all the stressing about nothing was, and gave the little girl the extra money she needed. This song brings me to tears every time I hear it.

Fuzakeru
12-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Never heard any greensleeves stuff. O_o; Perhaps it's time to go download something like that since you usually seem to like a lot of the same music I do. ^_^

Let Joy and Innocence Prevail is awesome too! I was hooked on that earlier. YAY!

Carol of the Bells is another one I've been listening to non-stop. Gary Hoeys version is perhaps the best I've ever heard but I like the classic version as well.

Dking'squeen
12-23-2004, 11:12 PM
:sing: I work at burger king making flaming whoppers in a paper hat, Would you like an apple pie with that? Would you like and apple pie with that? :sing:

i don;t actually have a fav song that touches my heart nor do i really have a fav. song. a song that's amusing is "Grandma got Ran Over by a Reigndeer"

Samuraid
12-23-2004, 11:24 PM
O Holy Night.

a song that's amusing is "Grandma got Ran Over by a Reigndeer"

*nod* :D

Fuzakeru
12-24-2004, 02:19 AM
Joe Diffie - Leroy the Redneck Reindeer = :)
Ray Stevens - Santa Claus is Watching you = :)

Casey
12-24-2004, 07:23 AM
I dont know, anything by Frank Sinatra....

Oh and that one song, Feliz Navidad by that one guy (I dont know his name).

theundeadhero
12-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Santa Baby~Marilyn Monroe

I like lots of Christmas songs but thats one of my favorites.

YunaGirl05
12-24-2004, 07:52 AM
:sing: I work at burger king making flaming whoppers in a paper hat, Would you like an apple pie with that? Would you like and apple pie with that? :sing:

i don;t actually have a fav song that touches my heart nor do i really have a fav. song. a song that's amusing is "Grandma got Ran Over by a Reigndeer"

i love that song! i mean the burger king one.

Dking'squeen
12-24-2004, 07:43 PM
i love that song! i mean the burger king one.

it's funny isn't it

I just heard silent night i think it was, but it was sung by Phantom Planet, so i like that song too

Flamethrower
12-24-2004, 10:14 PM
Blink 182 - I Won't Be Home For Christmas

Best Christmas song ever.

Dingo Jellybean
12-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You

Greatest holiday song ever.

Runnver Up: The Christmas Song - India Arie featuring Stevie Wonder

Kirobaito
12-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Edit: Also, there is a very sad song, I can't remember right now who sings it, but it tells the story of a little girl whose family is broke because of medical bills for her dying mother. She is in the store, looking for some shoes for her mother, because her mother said that she wanted to look beautiful when she went to meet Jesus. Some other person who was in the store was aggravated and stressed about all the rush to buy presents, and the crowds, and all the stuff people too often get caught up in. When the little girl told her story, the other person realized how foolish all the stressing about nothing was, and gave the little girl the extra money she needed. This song brings me to tears every time I hear it.
That's "Christmas Shoes," but I don't know who sings it.

I love "O Holy Night."

Doomgaze
12-24-2004, 11:13 PM
The christmas song to the tune of "Greensleeves" is "What Child is This?"