PDA

View Full Version : Songs vs. Music Videos

Dingo Jellybean
12-23-2004, 11:39 PM
The title might be a bit deceiving, but it's a comparison of the actual songs vs. how you think the videos should be without actually seeing the video.

For instance, although I admire and love Vanessa Carlton's music...her videos stink. They make no sense, except for Ordinary Day. Her White Houses video was like "WTF?"

On the other hand, Eminem's videos are great. I personally love them, except for Mosh(even though I agree with its message). Mosh was just...eh. I love My Band, that video is so freaking hilarious...and Just Lose It. But videos like Stan and Lose Yourself are great videos IMO. They're exactly how I pictured them.

Bonnie McKee's somebody is good too, but it didn't move me as much as the song itself.

So yeah, talk about your thoughts on music videos here.

Chris
12-23-2004, 11:45 PM
I think that video's can be quite deceiving, mostly because that most of the songs are radio-edited in the video's... so therefore you don't hear the entire song and that sucks.

Dingo Jellybean
12-23-2004, 11:52 PM
I think that video's can be quite deceiving, mostly because that most of the songs are radio-edited in the video's... so therefore you don't hear the entire song and that sucks.

Yeah...but all the songs that I like and seen are the full versions on CDs. Eminem's Stan video is over 8 minutes long.

Chris
12-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Damn! why do I always miss the videos?

I stay tuned on VH1 all day and I never see the video's I'm waiting for :mad2:

...MTV just plain sucks :(

Dingo Jellybean
12-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Damn! why do I always miss the videos?

I stay tuned on VH1 all day and I never see the video's I'm waiting for :mad2:

...MTV just plain sucks :(

If you have broadband, you can go to Yahoo's Launch! and check the videos there. I don't have cable so I just watch them on Launch!

muchacho
12-23-2004, 11:58 PM
video killed the radio star.........................

Chris
12-23-2004, 11:59 PM
If you have broadband, you can go to Yahoo's Launch! and check the videos there. I don't have cable so I just watch them on Launch!

Thanks! I'll do that sometime :)