PDA

View Full Version : errors in the game

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Okay, there is a couple things I've noticed, and I'm not sure if it's just my game or what.

When Cloud is climbing the ladder in Cosmo Canyon up to the Observatory (the ladder next to the kid outside the door to the Gi Cave) for as long as I can remember, he always did, like, The Machine up the ladder! Usually, the game slows down when you run around in a few places or go through an exit too soon. But why does he do it on the ladder? Is it just my game? Or does Cloud do that to everyone? It doesn't crash, but towards the top he just loses smoothness for a couple seconds.

Also, why do they have you push O while there's nothing on the screen during the scene when you take the censored room in the Honeybee Inn? I remember the first time I used that room, I thought my game crashed. Is it b/c they accidently colored the text black? Someone hack the game and find out what's there!

Necronopticous
12-24-2004, 01:28 AM
When you first get the submarine you can go down to the crashed Gelnika ship, the problem with this is that at this point in the game you have not even seen the FMV where it takes off yet.

Can you say continuity error?

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-24-2004, 01:46 AM
Okay, you can all give examples of errors in the game. We love it so much, we'll realise what's wrong with it, and it won't bother us.

I also would like answers to my questions.

Necronopticous
12-24-2004, 01:48 AM
I can't honestly say I understand anything in this thread so far.

JayDee
12-24-2004, 02:25 AM
When you first get the submarine you can go down to the crashed Gelnika ship, the problem with this is that at this point in the game you have not even seen the FMV where it takes off yet.

Can you say continuity error?

I always thought they were both the same plane/airship
but i just recently played the game
I went down to the Gelinka as soon as i got the sub
then realised i hadn't seen the FMV
but then I realised the the one in the FMV was carrying Huge materia
to Rocket town
and the one the turks were in was carrying stuff
that was supposed to be used to defeat sephiroth
I think they're 2 different ships remember in Junon there are many of them
But then again I'm probably wrong

Anyway
I thought the mistakes in the game were funny
I liked them
Like when you buy greens from billy
then when you feed them the names are all different
like gysahle greens are changed to gizzard greens.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-24-2004, 02:56 AM
They should re-release the PC script on PS. The grammer mistakes all over the place annoy me. A lot are in Midgar for some reason, and also with a few NPC's.

So, back to my questions: does everyone see Cloud jerking on the ladder in Cosmo Canyon? Also, why do they make you press O in that scene I detailed above? Could it be black text or something? They do have text of different colors usually when Cloud is talking to himself, or immediately following the cough scary part with Cloud and Aeris near the end of the Tpl of nce where they use black text. (Yeah, I like to code stuff instead of using spoiler tags.)

FinalBob42
12-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I mean seriously:

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/Bob644-barretmistake.jpg

How could nobody catch that? It's in the very beginning of the game!

finalheaven
12-24-2004, 08:08 PM
yup there are loadsof glitches..still a great game ..come this was FF first Ps platform....soz i cant answer ur question btw

BG-57
12-26-2004, 02:24 PM
So, back to my questions: does everyone see Cloud jerking on the ladder in Cosmo Canyon?

I do. It bothered me a bit; I wondered if the game was going to crash when that happened. :sweatdrop

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-26-2004, 06:42 PM
Hmm, so that thing in Cosmo Canyon wasn't just my game, but it's in a lot of them.

The thing in the Honeybee Inn: I'm not sure if it's an error or what. I'd like to see what happens if you hack it, b/c there might be an error there b/c they colored the text wrong. Cloud is talking to himself in different colors, so naturally they might pick the wrong color, maybe. Black text is available, but it's only used one time in the game. If there's really black text there when you have to press O for no reason, I'd be interested in what it says. Elusive dialogue in FFVII I've never seen!

DJZen
12-26-2004, 09:41 PM
yup there are loadsof glitches..still a great game ..come this was FF first Ps platform

It was also rushed so they could get it out sooner. Many odd little things still remain.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-27-2004, 12:57 AM
Oh yeah, one of the results of them wanting it out sooner was when they decided to seal access to resurrecting Aeris. Or was that part of the rumor?

They shouldn't have released it sooner; they shouldn't have rushed anything. I didn't hear about the game until a year after it was out. My piano teacher had it, and he wanted me and two of his other students (I think the female one was named Kelly:D) to play the main theme in a recital (I got most of the main parts:D), then my dad got it for me on my bday in 98. I was very skeptical about the game being "the best game ever made," but man did I get hooked fast. Today, I can't decide which is my favorite game: Super Mario All Stars or FFVII.

Hey, wait! If they waited, maybe my piano teacher wouldn't have gotten it in time to arrange the main theme song, then I would still be primarily playing Nintendo, not knowing what I was missing.

Yeah, most of Squaresoft's games, I didn't get until way after it was released. I got Xenogears in 99. I just got FFXI yesterday. I recently want to get PE2. I also just got FFC. But I got FFVIII around the time of its release, and I got FFIX the day of! (November 15)

theundeadhero
12-27-2004, 01:23 AM
If it was possible to revive Aeris than at the end of the game it would have been impossible to summon the holy spell. Therefor, it never was planned for Aeris to get revived.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-27-2004, 01:47 AM
Was it just the localization that was rushing? Then, I guess you're right.

If it was the first Japanese version they were rushing with, then they might have been able to make some more FMV or another ending. It's not that hard to make an alternate ending. (Probably wouldn't have been as good, though.)

theundeadhero
12-27-2004, 02:26 AM
All they would have to do to the quest would be translate it, I imagine. It would take longer to make a new cg sequence ending than to translate it.

finalheaven
12-27-2004, 03:47 PM
ohhh..i didnt know they rushed it :o but i guess three years is a long wait.

DJZen
12-28-2004, 01:50 AM
Aeris was never meant to be ressurected. EVER. That was not the part that was rushed. The game actually got a facelift when it came out in America. The backgrounds were cleaned up a bit and given slightly more detail, and Ruby and Emerald were added. There's probably some other stuff I'm forgetting too. The localization may or may not have been rushed, I don't really know offhand, but the many spelling and grammatical errors are the result of letting people translate the game who don't have English as a first language.

DMKA
12-28-2004, 04:32 AM
"Off course"
"This guy are sick"
The item duplication trick with W-Item.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment.

DJZen
12-29-2004, 02:28 AM
There's also the graphical glitch regarding Vincent which was recently brought up in another thread.

Some people experience a total crash or screwed up graphics after leaving Wutai.

Thankfully there's nothing nearly as horrible as Relm's sketch bug. Now THAT is the wort of bug I'm talking about. "Why are all my characters at level H potion?"

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-29-2004, 03:21 AM
Scrwed up graphics when you leave Wutai? I thought that only happened to that girl that was posting about it here, the girl that I helped and hopefully saved her.

Vincent graphical glitch? Where?

DJZen
12-29-2004, 06:32 PM
If he's in a specific spot in your party after THE BIG SPOILER INVOLVING AERIS his body parts will be in funny positions.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
12-29-2004, 07:36 PM
You mean when you battle Jenova Life?