PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Weapon is a F***ing Coward!

nik0tine
12-24-2004, 06:49 AM
Ok, not really, im just trying to grab attention. I do have a problem with him though, and that is i cant seem to get him to show up. Im on disk three, and i have already killed ultimate weapon. He is now supposed to show up, but he isn't there. I talked to the guy in kalm and he still isn't there. If memory serves me correctly, he shows up as soon as you kill the ultimate weapon. However, he refuses to show himself. Is this a glitch? Or am I doing something wrong?

Sepho
12-24-2004, 07:50 AM
Where are you looking?

Just in case you're looking in the wrong location, he's on the World Map, walking around in the desert area outside of Gold Saucer.

nik0tine
12-24-2004, 08:27 AM
Yeah, that's exactly where I am looking, except he isn't there.

Sepho
12-24-2004, 09:01 AM
It must be a glitch. I'm pretty sure Killing Ultima Weapon is the only requirement to make him appear, and I've been searching all over Google for the last fifteen minutes and I can't find anything.

nik0tine
12-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Damn... That sucks... I was looking forward to a good fight. Thanks for doing all that work though. :)

Auronhart
12-24-2004, 11:00 AM
Ok, not really, im just trying to grab attention
You sure did a good job of that.

SadisticStreetSoldie
12-25-2004, 10:41 PM
Do you mean the guy who gives you a gold chocobo if you beat the Weapons? He was always there in the bedroom of that Kalm house from disk 3 or something isn't he? I'm not too sure though because I haven't played it in a bit

DJZen
12-26-2004, 07:50 AM
I doubt it's a glitch. A glitch tends to take the form of "suddenly I can't use materia and all my items have been replaced by FFFFFFgenj and every time I go into a town I can't control my party. What's going on?" or the infamous "the game suddenly stopped working." It's never as benign as "optional boss not showing up". In fact, I think something like that happened to me my last play through. Try wandering around accomplishing various other subquests for a while then come back.

???
01-08-2005, 12:02 PM
you also need to beat emerald weapon.

If you can't help, don't post. ~ Leeza

Dr.K
01-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Ruby took longer to show than it was supposed to when i played it last - so you never know, you may just be flying around sometime and he'll randomly be there.

???
01-08-2005, 06:11 PM
you must have all the master materia

Don't start rumours. ~ Leeza

Halenite
01-08-2005, 07:44 PM
??? no you do not have to beat Emerald and have all the Master Materia first, I went against Ruby and got killed before I even went after Emerald.

IceT
01-08-2005, 11:07 PM
I had the same problem ... I had beaten the snot out of ultima weapon and then I came to the conclusion that Ruby Weapon wasn't at the gold saucer area and I panicked.

After my panick attack I just went to do some other things like leveling up, mastering some materia, getting leviathan materia at the tower in Wutai, etc ...

I wanted to get the final attack materia but when I flew over the quicksand I suddenly saw Ruby.

So I guess that you need to A: Do some particular side quest(s) or B: Give it a little time after you have beaten ultima weapon.

These are not tested and thus these methods will NOT give you 100% guarantee that Ruby will show up.

J@k35000
01-11-2005, 06:22 PM
oh, that sucks majorly. i saw him and didn't know what it was and found out the hard way... any way, just forget about him, just play and then he'll show up soon enough.
twisted sister + iron madien =me

Del Murder
01-15-2005, 05:54 PM
I had the same problem ... I had beaten the snot out of ultima weapon and then I came to the conclusion that Ruby Weapon wasn't at the gold saucer area and I panicked.

After my panick attack I just went to do some other things like leveling up, mastering some materia, getting leviathan materia at the tower in Wutai, etc ...

I wanted to get the final attack materia but when I flew over the quicksand I suddenly saw Ruby.

So I guess that you need to A: Do some particular side quest(s) or B: Give it a little time after you have beaten ultima weapon.

These are not tested and thus these methods will NOT give you 100% guarantee that Ruby will show up.
This happened to me too. I gave it some time and then he was there. Try going to Northern Crater and then leaving, as I have always done that before fighting the extra Weapons.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-15-2005, 06:16 PM
I've never had this problem. But this last playthrough I noticed I have Cloud and he's not there.

I know Ultima Weapon appears around the time you have to go back to Midgar, despite the guide saying he comes on Disc 3. It's annoying when he flies over Midgar, though. You can't get him, then, b/c then you'll get the parachuting event.

lord shishio
01-16-2005, 04:17 PM
you also need to beat emerald weapon.

If you can't help, don't post. ~ Leeza

Did you say that just to screw that person up? You only need to beat ultima, not emerald.

velvet.fireball
01-26-2005, 08:32 PM
you did bump into the wiggly red blob first didn't you? he jumps out of the sand the first time you confront him

CloudVII
01-27-2005, 07:09 PM
I thought it was a noob ted worm... at lvl 53, i was smashed.