PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy 9

ScottNUMBERS
10-14-2004, 07:30 PM
why do i get the feeling its not very popular among other ffs? i think its 1one of the best :( is there anyone out there who agrees with me?

Chris
10-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Hell yeah, it's amazing!

Absolutely one of my favorite FF games, EVER!

Check out my review here: FFIX review. (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49778)

ScottNUMBERS
10-14-2004, 07:44 PM
thanx nice to know its popular :D

Lon611
10-15-2004, 02:58 AM
it was the first FF i beat, and was very enjoyable. a game always seems better when u haven't played it n awhile, so yah. on my first play through, i thot it was a great game, but uncapable of matching the overall greatness of other FF's. but not that i look back on it. not exactly my favorite FF, but one of the best games i;ve ever played.

nik0tine
10-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Im not sure FFIX is my favorite FF but it certainly is one of my favorite games of all time. It's brilliant. The only thing that sucks about it are those annoying, all to frequent, random battles. They jsut happen to often, imo. Other than that it is a superb game. I give it a 9/10.

Polyonymous
10-16-2004, 04:21 AM
*agrees with all the people who posted* plus some :D

its the first FF i played and i love it.

Armisael
10-16-2004, 01:59 PM
One of the best and my favorites..i love it a lot too :love:

Del Murder
10-16-2004, 05:26 PM
This one is my fourth favorite after VI, VII, and IV. :D

Dark Matter
10-16-2004, 07:04 PM
I love FFIX too. It's the third FF series I'd played.
WOW, Odin, Alexander, Bahamut, Atomos are awesome, incredible, almighty, ....
It's the first time I saw Eidolons in FMV!!! Cool!!! :hyper:
Also, I'd learned many things from FFIX! eg. friendship, philosophy of life, ...

Vaprice
10-19-2004, 02:59 AM
Most people that are new the FF surroundings have only played the latest games such as FFX-FFX-2, and well they weren't as good but still it is ff. But back to why I think FFIX is the Best. Most people want something that is new...more futuristic, not everyone but a lot of people.

I stay true to the beginnings of FF, back in the old era, where there was good old moogles...ffVII involved new things, as well FFVIII. Myabe they juststand oout more.

I still love FFIX though don't get me wrong I think its the best FF out there for the PS.

Tanwen Strife
10-19-2004, 09:44 PM
It's not my favourite, but it's the most true to the name. It's the most fantasy-ish. what they did with FFX was very clever and a good turn, and VII and VIII were a bit more sci-fi-ey. IX is a throwback to the FF's of yore (yeah I said yore!) so that might be another reason some object to it. It distracts from the progression of the series. Also IX is a bit of fun really. It's sanwidched inbetween two fairly serious ones, but IX takes wuite a while to get to the sensible bit.

I don't think IX is particullarly better or worse than any of the others. Their only different.

Raijin
10-27-2004, 12:13 AM
This game is awesome but from what I have seen by most fans its a pretty under appriciated rpg much like ff3 was back in the day.

Trumpet Thief
10-27-2004, 12:17 AM
chaos: I have an FFIX review right here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=48348). Just to summarize, I loved it. It reminded me of the good times with the older Final Fantasies, yet still, had everything beautifully rendered in cd.

Rubedo: Bottom line, a must play, although I find a few Final Fantasies better than it.

kikimm
10-27-2004, 02:16 AM
I haven't beaten it it yet (I'm on the second disc right now) but from what I've played, this is how it goes---

---Plot::: Excellent. It's really intriguing, and is what keeps me going. IX doesn't disappoint in this area
---Gameplay::: Horrible. I really, really hate it. There's too many random battles. And I don't know if it's just me, but the transition from the fireld, into battle is really really slow. Which makes it worse. But gameplay doesn't matter AT ALL to me. Honestly, it's the very last thing on the list. It's not even on the list.
---Music::: Good. There are a few stabd-out tracks, but that's it. It's all pleasant, but there isn't a lot that makes me stop and put down the controller (with the exception of Kuja's Theme, and a few others)

^Is that it? If I think of anything else, I'll put it in. Disregarding the gameplay, so far, so good. It has great characters; no one too annoying. I highly doubt it'll be my favorite (VIII still holds that title) but it won't be a game that I'll easily forget.

I'll stop now...

:D

theundeadhero
10-27-2004, 02:18 AM
I've beaten all the FF's and IX was towards the end of the line. I happen to think it's the greatest FF of all time. Just my no one cares opinion though...

Dark_Sephiroth666
10-27-2004, 02:32 AM
I really liked FFIX. I thought it had an interesting and fun story line. I don't think I got annoyed by anything either...except maybe the ATE things. It also had some good piano pieces in it too.

The Sixth Dragon
11-23-2004, 11:18 PM
NO FF9 whats the point in a ps1

YunaXTidus
11-24-2004, 06:37 PM
it wasnt my fave, but it still was a great game IMO,

and the ending sure was cute

Brian The Pink Shark
11-24-2004, 08:39 PM
i love ff9 also my first to finish, but i dropped my disc 4 and it shattered :(

:choc:

GooeyToast
12-13-2004, 10:05 PM
The reason it wasn't as popular was probably because it was a throwback to the older Final Fantasys and a lot of the newer players couldn't appreciate it as much as Final Fantasy VII or VIII (because they were pretty futuristic)

I think that IX is a great game and is very underrated (for a Final Fantasy)

SeeDRankLou
12-14-2004, 12:12 AM
FFIX was awesome. It's not my favorite, but it does have my current favorite FF villain in it. I loved the story, I liked the light-hearted nature of most of the characters, and this game has the best Ultima spell EVER! I enjoyed it greatly.

CloudZidaneFusion
12-14-2004, 03:52 PM
FF9 is my favorite game. Here is my review of it right here.

Graphics: 9/10. Remeber, it is ps1. The cinamatics are great.
Music: 10/10 The music is so good (Expecally messanger of destruction) that i download it and listen to it in my spare time.
Gameplay: 10/10 I like the fact that every character has his/her own abilities and the battles are awsome.
Story: 10/10. Great story

Final mark: 10/10

Garnet236
12-20-2004, 08:03 PM
I agree when people say Final Fantasy 9 is one of the best games of-all-time!!

Craig
12-20-2004, 08:23 PM
IX is my favourite and the first one I played, the only problem I have with it is that it didn't have any really strong attacks like Omnislash, and lack of weapons to beat up (the floating beachball just didn't do it for me)

Xander
12-20-2004, 11:45 PM
It's my favourite FF! <3

crazymcjoe
12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
You think this one gets all the piss taken? Oh no my son, it is VIII. So many people just write 8 right off, and that's just poo. IX is good, end of story :D But so is VIII! And if you've not played because of what people have said, go play it! Now! Go! Get of your ass and go and get it! Right now buster! I can tell if you don't....

Ichimonji
12-22-2004, 02:02 PM
I loved it. This masterpiece scores up there with my favourite Final Fantasy titles. Of course there were faults, like the slow battle system, but load times don't really bother me... Unless it's really bad. (ex: Diablo for the PS)

This game was underrated because people don't like the fact that they returned to the old school generation for features. (Deformed characters, 4-person battle system, fantasy setting, etc) Though, I loved it. Especially the vast range of equipment. I'm not biased to the old generation nor the new generation, I like all Final Fantasies for their uniqueness, and innovative style. FFIX is an exception because I understand that it was supposed to be a game dedicated to reference.

Anyways, the story was really good, slow at times, but good. Funny, touching, sad, and depressing. All the qualities I enjoy. This game also had one of the greatest villains in existence. Narrow-minded players may see him as some sort of weird cross-dresser... But there was more to it than that I think. He was about symbolism, I believe he wasn't about appearance. He was an great mix of different villain qualities, he's cool, with his poetic mind games, cruel and violent, funny and sarcastic, and tragic and understandable at the same time. His motives are some of the best ever, and his presence is excellent. You know trouble is arise whenever he appears. His intelligence and manipulation are fantastic, and the tragic irony of his life is magnificent. He's the villain you just love to hate, when he lures you in with he wacko poetic justice. Kuja is a man who's studied to much Shakespeare then turned into a nihilistic manic. That's my little rant about Kuja.

Anyways, yes. Final Fantasy IX is really well done.

BudSoda02
12-22-2004, 02:15 PM
This game was ultimately likeable. Vivi's tough decision to sacrifice the survival of his 'species'. Not to mention the very emotional distraught emotion of Dagger, from the death of her true mother, adoptive mother, & the destruction of her home town Maidain Sari, & the destruction of Alexandria, just before her inauguration.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

DJZen
12-22-2004, 09:21 PM
I think it's my least favorite FF. I thought they were trying too hard to straddle the old school/new school fence and came up with a game that, while still fun, was a bit watered down. I really didn't get the "old school" sense while playing it either. I'm not entirely sure why people label it as such, since it's really more of a new school game only in a setting that's more swords and sorcery than sci-fi. The art style is also really weird, but it's nothing like the old school graphics. FFVII used the old school graphic style for the field graphics. FFIX just made everyone look about 10 years younger than they were. I dunno. To me that's not exactly old school. I think they were trying to recapture that magic, but I didn't get that same feeling, and I thought it kinda hurt the game too. I don't particularly think the game sucks, just that I don't favor it among the other games in the series.

bakabakabaka
12-24-2004, 03:17 PM
i think that FFIX is my favouritist!]
i love zidane and garnet and i love all the music!!
:D everyone likes VII but i think that IX is sooooooo much better!!
vivi is so cute and AMAZING in battle
eiko is cute as well and MOG!!! i love mogs...
freya is amazing plus sooo handy!! i love her clothes!
quina speaks for itself!!
amarant i admit isn't so good...
steiner is funny!! i love his old armour and his attitude!
garnet is soooo pretty! i love her summons!
zidane is amazing! i love the fact that he isn't moody or has a dark past plus hes always happy and enthusiatic!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
we should all love FFIX!!!

kikimm
12-24-2004, 06:29 PM
Hmm...I don't think FFIX is the best, but from what I've played, it's pretty good. I'm about in the middle of the second disc right now.

The characters are good...them+the story are the best things about this game. They're what keeps me playing. Zidane is definitley different from the last couple of heros, which is sort of like a ncie breath of fresh air. He isn't annoying, and I'm finding myself being able to sympathize woith him easily. Steiner, though, is my favorite charaxcter. I love the relationship that him and Garnet have.

But, I have to say...the gameplay in this, more specifically, the battle system...I can't stand it. It grates on my nerves. It might just be me, but the transition to battle is really slow, which bothers me. I like having four people, though---it's different. But the ability-learning system=blegh. It's boring. i liked junctioning, and materia, because i was constantly changing it around, and playing with it. Meh.

The music is pretty good, but there's only one or two stand-out tracks. for me at least. Kuja's Theme in particular is excellent. Everything else is good, but there isn't anything that really captures my attention.

Once I finish this, I might have a different opinion though. We'll see.

ShivaBlizzard8
12-24-2004, 06:52 PM
Although FF9 isn't my favorite either, it is a great and very underappreciated game. I wasn't expecting much when I first started, but fell in love right away with the characters, especially Vivi. I also liked the music and storyline.

I agree that Square's tribute to the old style of battle wasn't necessarily welcome, but it fit with their theme of honoring past FF games.

All and all, I think FF9 should get more credit then it generally does.

UltimateSpamGrover
12-24-2004, 08:13 PM
I liked how Square took the gameply of the old FF's and mixed it with the graphics of the new

skyshark1225
12-24-2004, 08:56 PM
I began playing FF with the first one on the original NES, and have enjoyed everyone up to X. I never looked at XI. (Online not my thing) I have played and beat every one except IX which I am in the middle of now. So far I think the best feature in IX is the cut scenes. They are perfectly seemless and breathtaking. But the battles and the items just suck. I hate that you have no choice in the characters you use. I like the different characters though. It seems the game was rushed. It was the third FF on the playstation, I think square-Enix should have waited a year to bring IX to the PS2. I can not comment on the story line yet as I am just in the begining. :)

Ezme
12-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah, i think its really under valued. Ok it isn't the best one but its pretty damn good. Don't shoot me or nothing but i dont like VII very much. VIII has a bit of a crappy storyline, the whole Oh we forgot we were orphen and all lived together I love X and its probs my favorite. IX is a nice rounded one, theres not perticulaly outstanding part but its all really good!

Buster Sword Strike
12-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Yeah, i think its really under valued. Ok it isn't the best one but its pretty damn good. Don't shoot me or nothing but i dont like VII very much. VIII has a bit of a crappy storyline, the whole Oh we forgot we were orphen and all lived together I love X and its probs my favorite. IX is a nice rounded one, theres not perticulaly outstanding part but its all really good!

Their GFs messed up their memories so they forgot about their childhoods. (Odd though because Irvines first time using them was with Squall. He's probably just stupid)

XxSephirothxX
12-25-2004, 05:31 AM
I hated FFVIII up until that very moment, and that made me hate it even more. That was one of the worst plots ever. Anyways, FFIX is also my favorite in the series. The music is very good, and I love the characters and the story. Most of all, I simply love the fantasy setting. It's just a great world. It has a stellar sense of style. The battle system, I thought, was a lot of fun. I liked it when set at the highest speed, and the way you learn abilities perfectly mixes the old style with a breath of fresh air. Materia was great...the Junction system was crap.

Thunday Man
12-25-2004, 05:51 AM
I liked ff9 the best because the story is so trippy and there were so many parts that made no sense. also there was alot of random things with no point that was great when your crunk.

Ichimonji
12-25-2004, 06:04 AM
Their GFs messed up their memories so they forgot about their childhoods. (Odd though because Irvines first time using them was with Squall. He's probably just stupid)

I thought Irvine was only one who remembered about the Orphanage the slightest bit. Isn't that why he was hesitant to snipe Edea in the first place? Because he knew for some reason she was special to him. Either that or I'm giving him too much credit, and he actually is a pansy.

And yes, FFIX is one of my favourites.

Lord Chainsaw
12-25-2004, 07:58 AM
I didn't like the ATB system in this game. It wasn't so bad in the previous FFs, but it was just so damned slow in FFIX. You could punch in a cure, and by the time that Dagger actually uses it, the other guy is already dead. What's even more frustrating is that Ozma doesn't even abide by the ATB laws.

But the type of guy I am, an RPG can skate by me on story alone. And for that I got to give credit to FFIX. Good villain, which is always welcome to me. Good music, namely The Dark Messenger. I'd say its about my third or fourth favorite Final Fantasy.

aeon infinity
12-25-2004, 10:23 AM
i recon that ff9 would have to be my fav (i have nearly finished 8 and in 10 i can beat final jecht with 3 attacks from my bahamut) but the only problem with 9 is that i have to rent it out and to make make matters worse i cannot rent it where i did because they sold it but i have a freind who has it, unfortunatley hes to lazzy to look in a few boxes and find it to lend to me (along with 6 & 7 hopefully) anyway my fv part about the ff seris the high use of armogedden like music (kind of like star wars) that makes the drama reach greater hights in my books. but to finish of my fav part of 9 is how you start of walking and getting blown about the map then you get a boat, next you get a rather stupid airship (which i geuss that i does its job) and finally that cool ship (cant remember name though)so ff 9 gets a 9.8253 out of 10

bakabakabaka
12-26-2004, 08:57 PM
you should buy it then!!!! ;) ;) ;) heehee!!!
its the best!!! plus its platinum so should be cheap as chips!!!! (BARGIN HUNTERS!!!!)

Chris
12-26-2004, 10:22 PM
Although FF9 isn't my favorite either, it is a great and very underappreciated game. I wasn't expecting much when I first started, but fell in love right away with the characters, especially Vivi. I also liked the music and storyline.

I agree that Square's tribute to the old style of battle wasn't necessarily welcome, but it fit with their theme of honoring past FF games.

All and all, I think FF9 should get more credit then it generally does.

Exactly, nicely said :D

Alexander
12-28-2004, 12:15 AM
FFIX is my favorite FF, my favorite RPG and my favorite game. FFIX rules them all ^^v
The ATB system is as good as it is in FFVII and FFVIII, in my opinion.
Kuja was the greatest villain ever. Ultima in FFIX is the magic Ultima gotta be. Not like in FFVIII, where you can get Ultima even in a village, for only 5000 G (XD).
And the plot kicks the fat ass of FFVIII. This one had a soooo dumb plot OMFG We were orphans and lived together and - what a coincidence - Edea was with us too! And we only remembered it now! OMFG!
The ability system kicks FFVII and FFVIII too, the Summons plot (Did FFVII have a plot for the summons? *shot*) was very good...

IMHO FFIX is perfect.
And the fact that FFIX is basically a better version of FFI only give it more credits XD

FF Gurl
12-28-2004, 11:17 PM
Final Fantasy IX was a really good game, not my favorite, but very close.

Trumpet Thief
12-29-2004, 12:05 AM
chaos: I had a whole FFIX review in the Site Staff section- check that out if you want to hear my full opinion.

Rubedo: Otherwise, I'll just say this: FFIX is a magnificent game with unique characters, a new style of revealing plot, catchy tunes put into the best moments of the game, making it a must play.

Lon611
12-29-2004, 12:33 AM

i agree completely 100% with u there welshwonder. except that, although its not my favorite, i still really like vii and there were tons of great moments about ix, lol.

Itsunari 2000
01-08-2005, 09:38 PM
FFIX is my favourite - breathtaking visuals , exciting battles,a fast-paced and original plot, great music, interesting characters and infuriatingly-addictive minigames can't be wrong ! It's a remarkable tribute to the entire series ,which I think , will be regarded as one of the better FF's for a long time.

Yuffie514
01-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Hmm...I don't think FFIX is the best...

i think it's the best game that takes place in the Middle Ages (at least for the FF series). or maybe FFCC.

icemagic
01-09-2005, 05:35 AM
Final Fantasy 9 is the best bye far, end of story

Aeris07
01-09-2005, 06:16 AM
eh.. i thought it was okay.. it was the 1st ff i ever played. i didnt like the trances cuz like sometimes they woulda trance at the worst times..at the very stinkin end of a battle... gah. and the battle system is way to slow. i prefer 7 :D but 9 was okay

boris no no
01-11-2005, 01:19 PM
i still love it!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Cujo
01-12-2005, 05:03 AM
i think that FFIX is my favouritist!]
i love zidane and garnet and i love all the music!!
:D everyone likes VII but i think that IX is sooooooo much better!!
vivi is so cute and AMAZING in battle
eiko is cute as well and MOG!!! i love mogs...
freya is amazing plus sooo handy!! i love her clothes!
quina speaks for itself!!
amarant i admit isn't so good...
steiner is funny!! i love his old armour and his attitude!
garnet is soooo pretty! i love her summons!
zidane is amazing! i love the fact that he isn't moody or has a dark past plus hes always happy and enthusiatic!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
we should all love FFIX!!!

xD I love Vivi also. This is the only FF game I have played x3 hehe

aeon infinity
01-12-2005, 09:53 AM
bakabakabaka plz tell me where i can find this 4 i cannot find it in any shops that i go to

boris no no
01-12-2005, 02:16 PM
bakabakabaka plz tell me where i can find this 4 i cannot find it in any shops that i go to
i'v seen it in a load of shops...forbidden planet is the best!
or HMV? or game, gamestation etc. or even in the markets!!! look everywhere!
its platinum so it nice and cheap!!
or on ebay!! i bet theres one somewhere!!
i really advise you to get it!! its amazing!! :love: :love:
the best!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

Shoden
01-13-2005, 06:23 PM
spit. Final fantasy 9 is an embaressment to Final Fantasy the music isnt as good as 8 no way the characters suck bad, the jokes are out of date by light years. Zidane was annoying and his weapons sucked as did the whole ability system did the Materia and Junction systems owned. Zidane was a perv a big one too he stared at women all the time and peed alot of ppl off therefore final fantasy 9 to me and maybe many others was an embaressment to the name of Final Fantasy.

other things are that summoning appearences looked terrible, Bahamut looked bad, the story was a mess. if you put zidane and all the other lamocratic ff9 chars up against ff7 or 8 chars they would surely pummel into oblivion.

Nobuo Uematsu lost touch with this game and square ruswhed it the game was meant for younger audiences so the tough guy attitudes were gone and the lnaguage cleaned up.

Homer Simpson
01-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Word :D

Shoden
01-13-2005, 07:19 PM
im glad someone else on these forums see my point of view and the truth off ff9

GooeyToast
01-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Though ff9 isn't the best in the series, it was still a worthy installment as far as I'm conserned. It had an interesting story line, countless hours of sidequests, and even though the characters weren't as good as ff7 or ff6, they were still well developed.

I felt that the music was also well done too. It fit the mood of the story well, even if some of the songs weren't as memorable as previous installments.

Shoden
01-13-2005, 10:15 PM
it was a disgrace to the name of Final Fantasy, its too easy has very bad music and characters. the main char is a dumbass. its so terrible even vile language cannot describe it's awfulness, the trance and battle system is what pissed me off hte most about the game. what happened to the grand old limit break system?

boris no no
01-13-2005, 10:34 PM
spit. Final fantasy 9 is an embaressment to Final Fantasy the music isnt as good as 8 no way the characters suck bad, the jokes are out of date by light years. Zidane was annoying and his weapons sucked as did the whole ability system did the Materia and Junction systems owned. Zidane was a perv a big one too he stared at women all the time and peed alot of ppl off therefore final fantasy 9 to me and maybe many others was an embaressment to the name of Final Fantasy.

other things are that summoning appearences looked terrible, Bahamut looked bad, the story was a mess. if you put zidane and all the other lamocratic ff9 chars up against ff7 or 8 chars they would surely pummel into oblivion.

Nobuo Uematsu lost touch with this game and square ruswhed it the game was meant for younger audiences so the tough guy attitudes were gone and the lnaguage cleaned up.

erm....this is a thread to talk about how GOOD the game is not to slant it. sorry. i just wanted to talk to people about what bits they like and why its their fav.
any way...how can you think that the music isn't good???its the best next to VI!! he did a great job! the music creates a fantastic feel about the game. i love how its old age rather then high tech and whatever!

plus zidane being a perve is sooooooo much better then a boring old grump who dosn't talk and have really strange reasons to be misrable. zidane is far more layered then squall who is boring and flat. anyway. zidane is tough but in a different way. he gets his strength from helping others which is the reason i love him! :love: squall just pushed people away.
plus the jokes old fashioned???i laughed out load more in FF9 then FF8 anytime!

Shoden
01-13-2005, 10:37 PM
hello wth are you smoking the ff8 soundtrack was the greatest in the whole series plus there were 3 hillarious characters in 8 Irvine, zell and Selphie ecspecially the ragnarok scene. the music made me tired, the opening theme sucked bad compared to Overture and liberi fatali.

boris no no
01-13-2005, 10:42 PM
so quinas not funny??? and steiners fuddyness??? and eikos mogs??
the flute theme is my fav music ever!!
just irvine was cool but did they actually evolve??? the whoel story was about squall and rhiona! pah!

plus you don't think quina and vivi getting married was funny???
plus kuja is a million times better then ultimecia!! she was pants! didn't thrill me at all!

Shoden
01-13-2005, 10:52 PM
FFIX never had weapons like Ultima or Omega, actually the squall-rinoa thing begun around mid dsic 2. irvine had a major role in disc 1 so that was his turn to shine. but Squall was alot cooler and better in battle he could use magic and summon he had a limit break instead of that frustrating trance. i almost passed out when it was introduced. Kuja was afraid of death he was desperate for power that power was not his own plus he looks kinda bisexual in a way are you sure hes even a he?

lets stop before the argue,ment starts 8 may have better Music and a few chars that were good like Squall, Irvine and Seifer they ruled. but 9 has been scrapped from the list of remade Final Fantasies only 7 and 8 are gettin put on PS2 as they were the majorall favourites.

boris no no
01-13-2005, 10:58 PM
only reason its not getting remade is because its the best!!
its for the old skool!! :D ;) :D ;)
FFVII and FFVIII are only getting remade because they're going to make the graphics more like FFX.
graphics don't make the game.
FFIX dosn't need to show off!!!

Shoden
01-13-2005, 11:14 PM
7 was probably the best game in the whole series by far i like 8 the best but even i have no evidence it owns 7. 7 and 8 were the most popular and Better games of the series they were the 2 greatest creations of square 9 wasn't truely an ff it didnt have the spirit of it, no heart it was way too easy and quick. by the way is Quina a he? what about Kuja he says hes a man but maybe hes a nadia

finalheaven
01-14-2005, 07:34 PM
erer.....well 9 isnt my favourite..anyway were here to talk about the GOOD things in ti soo lets go... the character styles are differnt and unique to the other ffs...it had really good graphics for ps1 format.....music was not bad...and erm.. yeah thats .it really u know IMO...^_^

Shoden
01-14-2005, 07:37 PM
my questions are what are Kuja (seems bisexual) and Qunia's genders?

finalheaven
01-14-2005, 07:42 PM
i dont like it...BUt i liked how it was differnt in style to other ffs.

Yuffie514
01-14-2005, 08:48 PM
i like the game...and some things i don't like about it. overall, FFIX is a really cool game.

boris no no
01-14-2005, 11:48 PM
my questions are what are Kuja (seems bisexual) and Qunia's genders?
kujas a he he just like girly clothes (do you think he ever looked in the mirror and said "does my bum look big in this??)
quina...never really known! i think a he, was reffered as his a few times but mainly as s/he so....anyones guess!!!

9 wasn't truely an ff it didnt have the spirit of it,
:confused: :confused: :confused: wha??? obvioulsy you havn't payed the earlier ones.
FFIX went back to the roots of FF...i think anyway

velvet.fireball
01-26-2005, 09:38 PM
i really enjoyed playing 9, it was nice to have a cheery main character for a change. the whole thing was a lighthearted affair which suited me just fine (again after the apocoliptic storylines of 7 and 8 (yes i know the end is kinda apocoliptic but i never felt as though there was a huge threat until that bozo final boss appeared (the only real beef i have with this, well besides quina)

gismo
02-03-2005, 10:46 AM
I liked the change in the style of the game, they did make it a 'fantasy' game in itself with all the different charaters bein of diffrent kinds to humans!plus i think SE did it becoz it is the last of the FF for the PS and fort it would be good to od a different style of the game before enhancing to PS2, i mean there doing new things again with AC and DoG.
I has a more fun story to it and has loads of sidequest that link into each other which I fort was gr8, plus they showed on the game how far they have come with the graphic in the FMV's!

Alexander
02-03-2005, 11:11 PM
It is my favorite game of all time, so yes, i guess you could go so far as to say i like it :D

mitchellmeek
02-04-2005, 02:05 AM
Ok. Straight out, final fantasy IX is by now stretch of the imagination my favourite FF game. it was the third FF game i played and at that point was my least favourite. But, i have played a good deal more since then, from IV all the way through to X-2 and i have come to appreciate FFIX for what it is. I see it as a journey back to where final fantasy began, a last ditch effort to save square. Back to 'hero' and 'heroin', 'good' vs 'evil' - every inch a final fantasy game. I see it as a sort of transition game. Elements from all the other games seem to be included, square seem to have brought together some of the most liked aspects from previous games and polished them into a the ninth game in the series. At the same time... new copncepts are introduced and can be seen in those that followed.

Final Fantasy IX was traditional, and in my opinion, the creators wanted to go back. Final Fantasy IX is a sort of Ode to FF's gone past. It incorporates the best of the past and a wave of the future.
its not my favourite game... it never really grabbed me like VII, VIII and X (in particular) did. X-2 was... different. I wont go so far as to call it an atrocity, but it was DEFINETELY not my favourite.

XI is a transition game for me... a last look by the creators at where they came from, and from what foundations their empire was built. A last look before stepping into the future.

Whoa... i probably made a few enemies there. I'm open to debate and discussion if you disagree or agree with what i've said. mitchellmeek@hotmail.com

email me. im on MSN aswell. Same address.

Quina
02-07-2005, 05:37 AM
It might not be as popular because there's not a lot of teen angst. I still think it's awesome.

boris no no
02-07-2005, 12:01 PM
It might not be as popular because there's not a lot of teen angst. I still think it's awesome.
:D :D yeah!
your the coolest!!
:love:

Trumpet Thief
02-07-2005, 11:35 PM
it was a disgrace to the name of Final Fantasy, its too easy has very bad music and characters. the main char is a dumbass. its so terrible even vile language cannot describe it's awfulness, the trance and battle system is what pissed me off hte most about the game. what happened to the grand old limit break system?

chaos: It's posts like this that really piss me off. FFVII mongers, to be more specific. Horrible music? I don't think so. Many tunes stuck out, and overall, it was a great soundtrack.

Rubedo: Could you sometimes explain your reasons? How is Zidane a dumbass? Grand old limit break system? What about all the other grand systems from games before FFVII? I think FFIX acknowledged them better.

7 was probably the best game in the whole series by far i like 8 the best but even i have no evidence it owns 7. 7 and 8 were the most popular and Better games of the series they were the 2 greatest creations of square 9 wasn't truely an ff it didnt have the spirit of it, no heart it was way too easy and quick. by the way is Quina a he? what about Kuja he says hes a man but maybe hes a nadia

Rubedo: For your information, seven and eight weren't the most popular. Nearly every FFIX had very good ratings, and I think it's stupid to say they are the two greatest creations of Square without even playing all the games. Personally, I found that VI schooled both of them.

Cuchulainn
02-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Quina made it for me....the scene at Conde Petit when s/he married Vivi 'Me So Happy'...I'm sorry that deserves plaudits alone. Enjoyable game if you liked the old FF series. For Me, I loved it. From Start to finish, wasn't the best but then nothing beats VII. It's cool to name older FF and say that was ur favorite nowadays just to look like you are a veteran, I've playe every one & nothing equals the epic that was VII, it took the world & for 3 years....it owned it.

Slade
02-08-2005, 09:16 PM
IX is a great game. My second fav after VIII. (Isnt it funny how my 2 fav games are the most underated). And to all you bums who think that Zidane is annoying may i remind you of Tidus? The most annoying character with the most annoyingly annoying voice this side of the planet pluto! Two words......The Laughing Scene :barf: .

Wait :eek:

3 words :D

m4tt
02-08-2005, 09:34 PM

Ha! You make me laugh. I laugh out loud at you, even. How could a game that was a tribute to the OLDER final fantasies be "geared towards the younger audiences"? Just because a game doesn't have swearing or blood or "tough guy attitudes" (if you're calling cloud tough then I'll have to laugh at you some more), that does not mean it's geared towards younger people. I was 19 or 20 when I first played FFIX and I still love it at the age of 23. The game was not rushed either. Best Final Fantasy on the playstation, imo.

Kuja124
02-14-2005, 07:19 PM

Have you ever played any of the other FF games? FF9 is more of an FF game then 7 and 8. 9 was like playing the old games FF6, 4, 5, 1, and 2. All of which are very great FF games. In fact FF6 is far better then FF7

DJZen
02-14-2005, 07:33 PM
9 has been scrapped from the list of remade Final Fantasies only 7 and 8 are gettin put on PS2 as they were the majorall favourites.

Ugh.... Would you stop trying to pawn this off as truth? It's an unsubstantiated rumor.

illuminated
02-16-2005, 09:53 AM
kujas a he he just like girly clothes (do you think he ever looked in the mirror and said "does my bum look big in this??)
LOL that made me burst out laughing, boris no no :D

But anyhow, FFIX's my first FF game ever so I have a partial adoration towards it :love:

Too bad I couldn't continue with the game halfway coz of the damned spoilt disc *shakes fist*

Destination0
02-16-2005, 10:14 AM
I like FFXI more then FFVII

Craig
02-16-2005, 12:34 PM
How many optional bosses did 7 and 8 have? I count 4 for 9, Ozma, Quale, Tantarian and Hades, seems like a fair ammount to me.

IX is my favourite FF, maybe if it included more spikey hair, moody teenagers and big swords people would think it's the greatest FF of all time.

There's a lesson to be learned here kids, IX is not for Fanboys.

Kuja124
02-16-2005, 05:25 PM
How many optional bosses did 7 and 8 have? I count 4 for 9, Ozma, Quale, Tantarian and Hades, seems like a fair ammount to me.

IX is my favourite FF, maybe if it included more spikey hair, moody teenagers and big swords people would think it's the greatest FF of all time.

There's a lesson to be learned here kids, IX is not for Fanboys.

I would not really say fanboys here. On less you are using it for those who started off with FF7 and FF8. If you are using it for those who started of with FF1 - FF6 then it is for those fanboys.

Destai
02-16-2005, 05:32 PM
One of my Favorites in the series. I liked the villain and a lot of the areas. Some of the scenes were absaloutely brilliant like Bahamut at the Lifa tree or Bahamut and Alexander at Alexandria and Kuja destroying Terra.And its about time the main hero wasnt some moody attention seeker.

Auron's Blade
02-17-2005, 10:46 AM
I liked everything about it the music,battle system,the places great game yeahh!!

kujawanabe
02-26-2005, 04:20 AM
Final Fantasy IX was the best in the series , the music, cities, concepts, villians, people, and story and all worked together extremely well. It for me is the best FF i loved the cut scenes in it, but i think some could have been a little longer. Im going to make a movie based on the game and it will be awsome better than AC even.

Zangan
02-27-2005, 12:05 AM
After playing X and X-2 I appreciated IX a lot more. However, IX is still not a patch on VII and VIII. Yes, it's a milidly interesting nostaliga trip for veterans, but I don't think Zidane could have been much more annoying (oh wait, Tidus) and Amarant could not have been more useless. Square should've stuck to mean n' moody leads like Cloud and Squall and finally . . . why oh why did they go with the travesty that was Necron???? Didn't they learn from Ultimecia? Still, IX's better than your average game (end rant).