PDA

View Full Version : How Do Pet Shops Stay in Business?

BG-57
12-24-2004, 03:25 PM
I was musing over this question recently. You encounter about 20 GF's in the entire game. They seem to be very rare and few people junction to them. So how come so many towns have pet shops that sell only GF-related items?

And Rinoa has Angelo: why don't they sell chew toys and the like?

ShivaBlizzard8
12-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Pet shops are really just a front for the Galbadian Mafia. :p

rubah
12-24-2004, 06:50 PM
You got to think, the rest of the SeeDs can use GFs as well, and they're a global force.

plus they don't have the ragnarok, so going overworld is a lot more annoying. They don't usually even have the mobile garden;P

plus, if they didn't do that, you'd be stuck with dead GFs all the time if you overuse them in the beginning. wewt. Or something, I dunno. I only use the petshops to grab the petpal magazines and esthar's for all those stat+40% items to refine:D

Ironman0723
12-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Plus, you should assume that there are more GFs in the world than what you encounter. If they made a FFVIII-2, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a few new GFs. Plus, I think at one point one of the people mentions that a while back, they equipped a GF before SeeD, and its air to assume that it could possibly be a GF you never encountered.

BTW, I looked at the topic title before clicking it, and I thought to myself, am I in the right thread?

Angel Rinoa
12-24-2004, 07:55 PM
The pet shops are for your convenience. They don't really care about making sense. They don't sell chew toys or whatever because Angelo is meant for battle [Rinoa's limit break] and playing with Angelo isn't the whole point of the game. Hope this helps. ^__^

dodhungry
12-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Having a mini game where you played a game of fetch with Angelo would be quite amusing on a really boring day.....then the pet shops could sell different types of fetch balls...........

rubah
12-25-2004, 04:39 AM
imagine, a random encounter like the friendly monsters in ff9.

they would only happen when rinoa was in your party and angelo had a special skill, and you could junction a certain ability you can buy an item to learn from a pet store. and you'd encounter...

the STICK OF DOOM.

(better results if you encouter the STICK OF DOOM on a shortline. Then angelo has to swim into the sea to retrieve it and heal it after you smack it off the battle field)

I can see that being fun. "Angelo, go fetch!"