PDA

View Full Version : Why Do the Wrong People Travel?

Chris
12-26-2004, 04:28 PM
http://www.homestead.com/studiotommy/files/clintun.jpg
This really annoys the hell out of me, people travel.
Travel to countries where they don't understand how to behave and respect the cultural differences.
People travel; another fine line between them ol' rules of misbehaving, by don't they know how to behave?
People travel; running up to veiled woman and snapping pictures of their faces... why can't people behave?

My only conclusion is this:

Why Do the Wrong People Travel?

YunaGirl05
12-26-2004, 04:50 PM
i know when we want to england. you can pick out the americans. there all loud. i know i'm american but my parents used to live in germany and italy so they understand the culture better.

Ichimonji
12-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Is that Jay Leno, Bill Clinton, and Conan O' Brian in the picture?

As for the question, that will forever remain a paradox. Although, comedians travel for more material. As you know, the majority of comedian’s jokes are complains about things. If they are in another country that they aren't accustomed to, there’s a lot to complain about.

bakabakabaka
12-26-2004, 08:37 PM
i know when we want to england. you can pick out the americans. there all loud. i know i'm american but my parents used to live in germany and italy so they understand the culture better.
i live in england. once in derby these american people asked me to take a picyure of them outside a next shop....and why are people so obsest with buckingham palece???? its just a big building!! plus the royal family? a load of boringness!!!!

i hate it when people go to other countries and can't speak the language. This is a very british thing...most english people just shout "I WANT A BEER" and expect them to know!!! learn the god damn language!!! plus all the football (soccar...is that how to spell it???) nuts who go to the world cup and euro games and beat the poo out of the opposition!!! how sad.... footbal is meant to bring people together, not cause violence and rasicism...

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-26-2004, 08:40 PM
It's a famous building. People takes pictures to show thier family and friends that they were there and it was glorious. And to keep the memories or something. WHy do you take pictures of yourself or your friends or family? Same thing. So don't bitch at us because we take pictures. British people take pictures of crap too.

bakabakabaka
12-26-2004, 08:52 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I wasn't bitchin.... its just that there are LOADS of better places to go rather then london....
the lake district is lovely!
i'm not being nasty...plus if you looked at the rest of the post you would of seen that i took the michael out of british people as well

Thunday Man
12-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Who cares if people travel. Shouldnt they have the right or choice if they want to? they should be able to go to where every they want. so you dont know everything about a culture, so you cant/shouldnt go there? how else are people going to learn? reading books and books and books about everything? no go there and see what its like if you want to learn.

bakabakabaka
12-26-2004, 09:09 PM
i think that people have got the wrong end of the stick here...i don't think that anyone said that people can't travel if they don't know the culture....it's just very rude if they assume that everyone speaks english...
in spain there are so many tourist places where everyone speaks english it ruins that culture and the language....sorry but it is true

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-26-2004, 09:22 PM
And so you're saying that we should travel anywhere unless we can speak the language.

Thunday Man
12-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Whats wrong with speaking english in another country? LOL, like 10%+ or so of the people in america dont even speak english. so many spanish only speaking places, and many asians do not speak english here.

bakabakabaka
12-26-2004, 09:31 PM
all i'm saying is that english has become the universal language. most places (that don't speak english as a first language) learn english from the age of 5!!!! whilst here in england we don't learn other languages untill we're 12...
my family are german and irish but i can't speak german very well...this is what i mean!!! english is an arrogant language!!! it is ruining other cultures!!! you don't need to speak others fluent, but enought to say the basics like
"Ich möchte lieber beir!!"

Psychotic
12-26-2004, 09:40 PM
english is an arrogant language!!! it is ruining other cultures!!! If you really lived in England, you'd know that was nonsense. Other cultures (In particular Asian ones) are being forced on us here in Britain all the time, whereas traditional English ones (Such as our flag, national anthem, and even hot cross buns) are deemed racist, which in my opinion is completely moronic.

On topic though, it's just because the people who travel and behave like that are ignorant. They assume everywhere is like where they live. They're not really the ones to blame for that - no-one chooses to be ignorant.

Other cultures are interesting, but don't pursue them at the expense of your own.

bakabakabaka
12-26-2004, 09:44 PM
yes ok i admit not all british people are arrogant. my family moved from germany during the war but they all learnt the language!!!

Thunday Man
12-26-2004, 09:46 PM
And whats wrong with learning the English language living in ENGLAND?

bakabakabaka
12-26-2004, 09:52 PM
ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!HELP!!!
i'm sorry... i mean that english should stay in english speaking countries, not spain or china or india!!!
what i mean is that each culture is special and it's sad tha they're getting wiped out!!! people care more about fluffy animals dying then millions of years worth of culture!!!!

Pure Strife
12-26-2004, 09:54 PM
No one speaks real English here anymore anyways, it's all subcultures with their own slang in different places. If you wanted to understand everyone coherantly you'd spend a lifetime wandering about. Be nice if tourists would just pick up the odd simple phrase to make life easier though.

bakabakabaka
12-26-2004, 09:58 PM
yorkshire!!! i don't understand a word they say!!! (no offence if your from yorkshire!!! i grew up in brighton!!!!so i have a posh accent! poop!)

Psychotic
12-26-2004, 09:59 PM
ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!HELP!!!
i'm sorry... i mean that english should stay in english speaking countries, not spain or china or india!!!
what i mean is that each culture is special and it's sad tha they're getting wiped out!!! people care more about fluffy animals dying then millions of years worth of culture!!!!
Well, I don't think Spanish is likely to die out, considering it is spoken not only in Spain, but also throughout South America, Central America and the USA. As for China and India, both countries have populations of a billion or so. It's not likely that their cultures are going to die out.

Besides, it's not really culture that is dying out - culture changes and evolves. It's languages that are. Admittedly that's sad, but why speak a language that only a hundred or so people speak, when you could speak English - spoken throughout the world and the internet. And imagine the social problems if no-one understood each other internationally, let alone diplomatic problems. And that is why it is essential that many people speak the same language. I'm not saying it has to be English, although in this day and age, there is little point in it being any other.

And uh, people care more about animals than "millions" of years of culture (Had the human race evolved to homo sapiens then? If not, I doubt we keep any of THAT culture) because animals are living, breathing things with a right to life that is being threatened deliberately. No-one deliberately sets out to kill a culture, but people deliberately set out to kill animals. Besides, animals being removed severely harms the eco-system - can't say that for cultures, can you?

bakabakabaka
12-26-2004, 10:05 PM
ok...i admit i was being stoooopid....
i just think that its a shame...but i suppose i am going on an english stereotype....
plyus your right... we didn't become homo sapiens until a few hundred thousand years a go...
*hangs head in shame* :cry:

Chris
12-26-2004, 10:11 PM
ok...i admit i was being stoooopid....
i just think that its a shame...but i suppose i am going on an english stereotype....
plyus your right... we didn't become homo sapiens until a few hundred thousand years a go...
*hangs head in shame* :cry:

Hahahahah! I like you :D

bakabakabaka
12-26-2004, 10:12 PM
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: