PDA

View Full Version : ok star ocean til the end of time help

sephiroth9006
12-26-2004, 08:15 PM
hello all i'm stuck on S-O again i'm at that bit where you have to save ameena i go to the west door but when i go out all i find are annoying battles and nothing else and the only place that i do find is a place that "looks completly different"
and i need help so uhh help lol

Lord Chainsaw
12-26-2004, 08:22 PM
I don't really understand. Are you in Peterny? Are you supposed to go find Ameena, or is she in bed?

If the woman has come to you to ask your help to find Ameena, you must take the West exit out of Peterny. You'll arrive in a field area that is similar to the field area to the south of Peterney. There are two places you can go from here: Surferio, and Duggus Forest. You want to go to Duggus Forest.

There's a bridge in this area that you don't want to cross that leads to Surferio. The enemies across the bridge are brutal. Duggus is on your side of the bridge, so don't worry about crossing it. From Duggus Forest, the path is pretty straightforward to Ameena.

And here's something to take note of: In Duggus Forest there's a room that has a random battle of two monster trees right near the end of the forest. Get into this fight and get a bonus chain going. If you get triple EXP in this fight you'll end up with a whole lot of EXP. The trees can't move very well, so control one character and have the other two fight the battle for you. Chain about 45 to 50 times and it should be smooth sailing all the way to the middle of chapter 3.

sephiroth9006
12-26-2004, 08:36 PM
yeah the woman has come up to me and asked me to save her.

the bridge do you mean the bit with those little woman with wings and the bird thingys cause they seem pretty brutal i find it hard enough to kill one of those harpy things but i don't see where the place to get to where ameena is, is it when you walk out of peterny it has scorpains some bandit type people in it and these 2 armoured elephant things
just about one after another.
if it is i have no idea where to go from there,left right where?

Edit:yeah i just done that now i'm on the bit where you have to go to the dragon mines and clear it out and i just read the dragon crypt that says "weave two lines into a single line of darkness" and now i really have no idea what to do someone help.

Lord Chainsaw
12-27-2004, 05:21 AM
The part with the riddle is a lot easier than they make it sound.

All you need to do is stand in the very center of the two torches in the huge room with nothing in it, making both of your shadows equal length. The door will open to the next area.

And there will be another puzzle you're likely to run into a little later into the mine. You'll have to light switches and get into doorways without them touching your shadow to continue. When you reach the room with the multiple exits and this puzzle, go through the west door.

sephiroth9006
12-27-2004, 03:22 PM
ok thanks for that if i need any more help i'll let you know

beyondthegrave
12-27-2004, 06:07 PM
I thought bout buyin Star ocean but I really didn't know is it a good game?

Lord Chainsaw
12-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Don't know, it got a lot of mixed reviews. Personally, I like it a lot. If you like optional dungeons and super bosses, then you'll like it too. There's a pretty unpopular plot twist in the game that sort of undermines every other game in the series. Despite that I still think it is spectacular.

So far it is the best RPG I've played on the Playstation 2. The battle system is great. The story is probably average at best. The characters are great. The music doesn't really stand out, except for the final battle track, which is absolutely incredible. There's challenging trophies you can acquire from battles that will keep you playing the game over numerous times.

You might want to get another opinion before buying it though, because I'm a Star Ocean freak and am just a bit biased towards the series and Tri-Ace as a whole.

sephiroth9006
12-27-2004, 10:01 PM
back to the sublect of help i'm stuck again
i'm in that churchlike place (Can't remember the name) to get that orb from the vendeeni and i'm going against that black and purple thing that has a sheild around it so you can't do any damage to it.
i have the hammer charm but it doesnt seem to be the right one
it's the one where if you run away from it he says some sort of charm should help.

ChaosCalibur
12-27-2004, 11:01 PM
You get a stone along the way (a holy stone of some sort, i think) so go back to a workshop in a dugion and you will make a charm that lets you attack it.

sephiroth9006
12-27-2004, 11:04 PM
so you have to go back to one of the towns
aww damn and it's a saints stone i think i have 2 of them.
thanks

Edit:I just beat the big black and perple thing now i'm going to this pace where there's a locked door and a lever that you can't pull so yet again i'm stuck so uhh help....heh

Lord Chainsaw
12-28-2004, 05:05 AM
The orb you need is a few floors away. I don't recall any levers that you need to press, except for a red orb. You need to find a red orb and touch it, which turns a maze room with evil Adramalech-like cubes into a moving trap room. Pass that trap room and the one behind it and you'll reach the orb.

Now is also a good time to gain some EXP. Go up against some bronze brutes to fill up the bonus battle. Then load hammer of might on Cliff's strong close and far attacks and get into a fight with the group of four red vendeenis. Control Cliff and Hammer of Might their asses and they'll go down in a few seconds and you'll have around 400 exp. You should be able to go a good number of fights without the chain being broken. It's still not the best place to level up. You'll find better spots with porcupines later. It is good for some quick exp at the moment though.

sephiroth9006
12-28-2004, 03:59 PM
kk thanks my higest level people are fayt and cliff which are level27
is there some rock hard boss through that door is there then so i can level up alot.
i'll end up leveling up alt anyway.

oh and btw when does albel join you?

Lord Chainsaw
12-29-2004, 12:55 AM
There's a very easy boss behind the door, so there is no immediate need to level up. It's just some extra exp for the moment. Don't dwell on it because there's a spot by the Copper Mines later on with porcupines that give 1400 exp on the multiplier and die in about 5 seconds with Hammer of Might.

As for Albel, you're about an hour and a half to two hours from getting him.

sephiroth9006
12-29-2004, 11:36 PM
i can't find the orb that your on about could you be abit more specific about what the room before looks like all that which room is it in is it in one of those rooms where you have to disintergrate part of the wall to get inot the room cause i have no idea where it is

Lord Chainsaw
12-31-2004, 08:44 PM
The room with the red orb is on the same floor as the maze puzzle. After you defeat the black centaur there is another instance where you have to wait for an earthquake and use the hammer on a crack in the wall.

Climb a few floors. If you find a tiny room with a crystal centaur right in the middle of it and no way around him, then you're on the right track.

Keep going until you're in a large area with red vendeeni. From here its either this floor or the next floor. If you can get past the earthquake part then you should be able to do the rest by just visiting spots you haven't been to on the map.

sephiroth9006
01-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Wait for an earthquake whens this??
is it in the same room as the black centuar?
and which room is this maze puzzle in i've looked everywhere i can find but have no idea where this is.

Subba
01-03-2005, 12:14 PM
lol u where in level 27 there!! i was in level 27 when i finnished ridding the hauler in kirlsa minning caves i got stuck cuz i didnt know how to ride a hauler but now ive finnished the game at level 191 with fayt and 188 with cliff ánd 137 with mirage

Lord Chainsaw
01-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Another earthquake happens later on after the black centaur. Then you'll see a crack in one of the walls, also after the black centaur. From there you go up a few floors until you find the giant maze room, and the red orb room. Touch the red orb to activate the maze and reach the end.

sephiroth9006
01-05-2005, 10:08 AM
ok i've done that and i'm now going to the shrine of kaddan to get the orb thingy and i've just beaten the crystal statue that has light purple and diamond bits and i hear that there's a hard boss just before ar as you get it.
oh and btw how do you get oricalums?

Edit:i just got to the swirly tower my mate says that i have to go north and the rest should be self explanitary but i come across some big crystals and i can't get past them so uhh any suggestions

Lord Chainsaw
01-06-2005, 05:50 AM
Damn! You just leaped from mid game to end game.

To pass those crystals you need to use the ring of disintegration.

sephiroth9006
01-06-2005, 02:34 PM
yeah my mate was surprised that i managed that too.
lol
i'm now against luther who i assume is the final boss and i already died once what is the adequite lvl for him??

ChaosCalibur
01-06-2005, 09:50 PM
I beat him at 68, on galaxy level of difficulty

Lord Chainsaw
01-07-2005, 03:28 AM
Luther's a punk, I'll agree with you on that. I died around 7 times on him before I finally beat him.

I typed up a strategy for him in one of these threads a few weeks ago, you can probably still find it around the General Square enix forum.

And do pay attention to the final battle music, Highbrow. It's the best track in the game and one of the best in all of gaming.

kawakami Gensai
01-07-2005, 06:58 PM
:confused: What kind of Music is it? Technoish?

Lord Chainsaw
01-09-2005, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't quite call it techno. There's one spot in the song that sounds a bit techno (it's 10 minutes long), but the rest of it is pretty much orchestra.

Unlike Dancing Mad, which repeats quite often (yes, I'm looking at you 2nd Tier), Highbrow doesn't have much repetition in it, and when it does, it builds upon it. Part of what makes it so great is that it's not just there to sound cool, it actually fits in so well as a final battle song.

If you want to hear it I'm sure you can find it somewhere. There was a place that was Laguna something I don't remember what it was called, but they usually have Square and Square Enix tracks.

And by the way, the song to the first form of the final boss is actually jazz. Yes, jazz. I don't know how Tri-Ace does it, but they can make anything work.

sephiroth9006
01-09-2005, 07:44 PM
My fayt is at lvl77, Cliff lvl 76,nel lvl75
and i still can't beat luther i must get close though cause he uses his "Most powerful program" which i'm able to doge the attack of repetedly but it's the amount of times he uses it litterally as soon as he's finished it

"I'll show you my most powerful program"

and it does get really annoying and eventually kills every one Cliff and nel run into the attack and i try to run away but i somehow die when i get hit by nothing.
grr

and whats worse is that i'm trying to get them higher levels but after a certain amount of time using certain people the rate becomes 0 and my bonus battle gauge does not charge.
and i realised that you can't get out of spiral tower until after you clear the game cause i have over 2,000,000Fol and i can't spend it if i could i would but you get the idea.

oh btw how do you get orichaums who makes them so-on and so fourth.
what levels should i be against luther?

NM
01-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Those levels are fine to finish the game.

Best tip is to attack Luther from behind (as most of his move's only hit infront of him.) and chain your moves together to get the cancel bonus'. Also but berserk on Fayt and Cliff as it makes the fury guage last longer, plus you deal out more damage.

Oh and keep an eye on the AI controlled characters HP/MP as they can be abit dense at time's.

sephiroth9006
01-11-2005, 01:36 PM
yeah ok
but my question about oricalums hasn't been asnwerd yet.
and i need to know somthing else which weapons are better?
the ones from the shop place in gemity
or the ones from the supreme shop i missed it this time through but i'm going through the game again to get the stuff i missed is there a site that shows how much extra attack each weapon puts on?
if so could i have a link.
and is it worth staying in gemity to train in that battle simulator.

ChaosCalibur
01-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Yes, you get tri-emblums there (which are pretty useless because i have not figured out a way to turn them into tri-emblems, if there is one...) Also you can get a +1000 ATK scroll for beating the solo on S-rank

Lord Chainsaw
01-12-2005, 12:31 AM
You get orichihalcums (God I probably butchered that) by recruiting the alchemist Misty Lear in the mountains of barr. You need to give her a spirit stone which you find in the ruins of barr to recruit her.

If you have Misty Lear, Mackwell, and a third character somewhat proficient in alchemy, and the alchemy stone you can find in Mosel Dunes, you should be able to craft the orichihalcums in original creation around the 5000 price range.

Be warned that it's value is 80% on the inventory ranking listings, meaning you'll need over 80 combined levels of proficiency in alchemy with all three alchemists in order to create it.

Later on in the game, once you get to Moonbase, you can have Peppita, Sophia, and Elisa create a philosophers stone in original creation at 12 Fol. Give it to Ansala once you return to Aquaria after Gemity and you won't need to use Misty Lear to lead your orichihalcum projects anymore. Ansala sports a level 99 proficiency in alchemy as opposed to Lear's 50. The higher your combined level of proficieny, the more likely you are to succeed in creation.

One last thing is to be careful how you synthesize. There are a finite number of synthesis materials in the game. There is only one respawnable enemy that drops them in the game, and even then there is only a 2% chance they will drop it. Don't go completely crazy synthesizing a Holy Sword or something like that, although you can spice it up.

sephiroth9006
01-14-2005, 07:49 AM
i know i realised when i spent about 100,000 powering up laser weapons thinking i had missed my chance to get things such as mythril sword but thats why i'm going through the game again so i don't waste my synthisis matreials.
i think that the best thing to do is to use whatever talent is needed on what your synthisising to duplicate the effect a couple of times then synthisise it to the weapon the use smithing which duplicates the effect again so if you where to use alchemy (Can't remember) on an orichihalcums it'll duplicate the effect but cost quite abit
its effect is +500atk you use whatever the talent is on it it should get doubled if you give it the time to makeit should look like this
+500 atk
+500 atk

then synthisise it to the weapon
then use smithing on the weapon to your heats content
i know that this can happen a total of 8 timee so when you have 8 500atk upsyou have just become extremely powerful but if that doesn't work reset the game and use alchemy or compounding on the orichihalcums again until the orichihalcums has the effect of technicly +4,000atk then synthisise it to your wepon of choice with a mythril sword preferably that be +4,800atk but then if you could be bothered to level up so much that you could go through the Srank loner battle and get them scroll that were +1,000atk i belive that using writing on it should duplicate the effect that 8 times with fayts best weapon he gets an extra 10,000akt (9,999 if it can't go any higher)
although with sophia her best weapon gives her +2,600 atk on its own
so for some reason she's stronger then fayt.

but be warned synthisising somthing you done up that much will cost a hell of alot of money somewhere in the region 100,000Fol every time gauge.
there you have it with an attack like that the last hit of fayts dimension door should be 99,999 every time.

Lord Xehanort
01-16-2005, 09:50 PM
I am stuck in the Maze of Tribulations. The monsters are wusses, I'm at level 106. My problem is that on the 2nd floor, there is a moving jigsaw puzzle of rooms. I can't figure out where to jump down in order to get to the right part of the 3rd floor. Everywhere I jump leads to a room that connects with the main hall to the elevator or a different elevato, all of which take me back to the 2nd floor.

sephiroth9006
01-16-2005, 10:04 PM
go to this link it may help

http://faqs.ign.com//articles/545/545389p1.html

i don't know if it's the right one or not cause i'm stuck on that bit too

ChaosCalibur
01-16-2005, 10:27 PM
106? O_O I beat the maze at 75... Where exacly do you level up?

Lord Xehanort
01-16-2005, 10:31 PM
I was at level 100 before I left Gemity. Fight the Insect Lords in a Triple EXP bonus battle with Fayt only. Use Dimension Door until everything is dead. This is worth 79800 EXP. Fight them with all 3 of your main party for 24000-ish EXP for each of them. This amount increases if you equip the Gutsy Bunny. These guys are VERY easy to beat with this strategy. After leveling up sufficiently, go beat the rest of them and then beat the Reigning Champions for the almighty Victory Trophy.

ChaosCalibur
01-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Eh, don't like demention door, i only use side kick>air raid combos...I guess i'll level at 115+ sphere floors, and those blasted bats... :(

Lord Xehanort
01-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Dimension Door is very useful since it hits multiple foes, has a paralysis effect, and sends Fayt long distances in the blink of an eye. Also, you can set DD on a weak long skill, then chain it to a strong short Side Kick, then a weak short Side Kick, and so on and so forth. Nothing beats sticking your foot up the arse of a foe who can't move. I never use Air Raid or Aerial, because enemies just move, or interrupt it too often for me. I like staying low to the ground and hitting them where it hurts.

sephiroth9006
01-17-2005, 07:27 AM
ok my attention has been grabbed but my guess is that insect lords are in gemity.
and i hear about fayts etheral blast ability i was wondering where do you get it and how good is it.

Lord Xehanort
01-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Ethereal Blast is in a Secret Dungeon. I'm pretty sure it's in Sphere 211 Sealed area. It's not in the Urssa Temple. I never saw it in the MOT.

Speaking of Sphere 211, how the hell do you get into it? The Sphere company is in 4D space, and I can't get off of Elicoor II.

sephiroth9006
01-18-2005, 10:26 PM
you know that path linking kirlsa to arias between the 2 mountains that you origonally came out of the entrance to gemity is there i've just gone back for training to make at least lvl 100 i can't seem to beat the render at lvl 78 which is annoying the last time i got killed was absolute BS i was at least haf the battle feild away from the attack and i still mysticly died. :mad:
at any rate yeah the entrance to gemity is there i just found it by accident so it's now my life goal to win Srank single battle which i will do eventually.

these lvls are good though
Faytlvl77 Albel,lvl78 nel lvl76
and with an atk of over 1,400 it shouldn't take too long i'm just gonna love putting fayts weapon together
that item that lowers HP use by50% a life saver and that item which gives +1,000atk mwuhahahaha-80%Hp use i have just become extremly powerful thank you.

oh yeah and btw how good is etheral blast anyone that has that skill could you let me know.

ChaosCalibur
01-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Where do you get this "ethernal blast" ? I only have an "eternal Blade" Which sucks :(

sephiroth9006
01-21-2005, 07:48 AM
ok afew points here
1) i'm against gabreial and died 3 times i should think my levels are more then enough (Edit my levels are now as follows)
fayt lvl101, albel lvl101, Nel lvl100 how do you beat him he's annoying.
2) i got the santa's boots and i got 2 of the tri-emblums that are worth about 6,000,000Fol only to find out that thier amazing it took my fayt
to 4,500odd atk, my demension door is doing about 48,000odd at the last hit.
3) what does the divine blade ability do?
4) how hard is the shpere 211?
5)gabreial does only have 1,000,000HP doesn't he?

ChaosCalibur
01-22-2005, 01:22 AM
1)Comon, i beat him,and i'm 30 levels below you, just use aura block, it helps a lot believe it or not....
2)Where in the world did you get money for THAT? I only have santa boots, and they're only giving me crap :(
3)"divine blade" just powers up your attacks, works just like fire/ice/other blades
4)Pretty easy, except the bats are really annoying, but since you're at 100+ It should not be hard at all :\
5)I doubt that, more like 500,000

sephiroth9006
01-23-2005, 08:25 PM
and i've finally done it i have beaten gabreial even if my fayt was lvl111
albel lvl110 and sophia lvl 75,
my fayt has around 8,000atk so thats why he fell too me so easily.
i didn't realise how usful sophia was until now she stands back using symbology and rarly gets hit thats why she stayed alive.
stay in the inn at peterny for the good tri emblum thats worth about 6,000,000Fol.
i have also just finished single Srank battle and have imposing scroll which will be synthisised onto laventine.
which should easily take fayt to 9,999atk making the last hit of dimension door 99,999 indefinatly.
i hear about super blair how hard is she???

(Edit: YEAH....i'm nearly done with sphere 211 which i should find easy now my fayts atk is at 9,999 i'm on floor 201 my people lvl are fairly high in the 100s i belive fayt and albel are lvl 162 sophia is lvl 149odd
and i know now that i have to fight lenneth 1 floor before the end and apparantly she is very hard but i should do it with my atk at 9,999 i'm able to take off nearly 100,000 with the last hit of dimension door doing alot of MP damage as well,(Btw how good is gremlins and meteor swarm??)

(Edit:again:i just finished sphere 211 and got that angel orb i used it in crosells den and fought freya now here's the twist.....i died she's as annoying as lenneth i'd like some help)

sephiroth9006
02-10-2005, 09:35 PM
ok first of all i'm sorry bout the double post but this won't get bumped if i don't put in a whole new post.
ok i'm against freya using the same kind of stratagy i used against lenneth stun bombs and stuff but i keep dying so afew questions here.
1)How much HP does freya have?
2)how good is the sacred ether waepon after the fight.
3)any help.

i should think my levels are WAAAAAAAY more then enough
fayt:lvl255,albel:lvl255,sophia:lvl245.
i'm dealing lots and lots of damage but i can't seem to beat her.
ohhhhh yeah and i have meteor swarm for sophia but she can't use it why is this do i have to do somthing?