PDA

View Full Version : Ephemeral Fantasia

VorpalCyberWolf
12-27-2004, 05:37 PM
You know, I wasnt really sure what to think about this game when I first got it (for $15 at Gamestop) but it was an RPG looking game that had kind of an interesting plot to it.

When I started playing it I was like "I only get 5 days? I wont be able to do anything thats fun in that short amount of time.

When I finally reached the end of the 5th day and they broke out the "time loop" twist in the plot i got reabsorbed.

Overall I like the game a lot, its nothing really spectacular, kind of an odd mix between Chrono Cross, Majora's Mask, Grandia II and Dark Cloud. Which is odd, but it works. I recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a descent RPG to kill some time with

Lord Chainsaw
12-27-2004, 06:36 PM
I played it a bit, but didn't really like it. My main gripe was the town. It was unnecessarily huge, and the loading didn't help either.

I thought the concept of the game was pretty neat, but other than that I just didn't like it too much.

Chibi Youkai
01-02-2005, 08:13 PM
I couldn't stand the game. Both K-chan and I got soo stuck on it when we got that pocket-watch thingy that we ended up nearly throwing the disk at the wall. Several times.

Mercen-X
07-07-2005, 05:09 AM
I finally got outside the town a few months in. I got Rummy to tell the guard off. Somehow, it sticks throughout all the time loops. I'm confused by the event with the bandits though. I get to hang out with them and play a new mini-game but I can't seem to stop them. I should've bought the game though 'cause I haven't found it anywhere since.

Xelpherpolis is a big geek. I hate him and his adonis psyche-style.
His henchmen are these three weirdos whose likenesses are displayed via masks throughout the town.
Their names are Grantis (I think) the Iron Beast, Twinboom (whom I believe to be a bird-like creature), and Jawarro (whom I believe to be that snake-lady displayed on the back of the display box).
I like the challenge of the recruitment system.
You had to perform a song, down a shark-killer, and show Kite the monsters in Xelphie's castle.
You had recruit two citizens and find Rinna (whom I called (rin-na, though later preferred ree-na) and save her from Grantis.
You had to drink (Claire?) under the table and give her your watch. Then you could recruit her AND use a special safe in her house (which I thought was awesome considering how much inventory you lose with each timeloop. Actually, because of the safe, you can continue to collect things from the island rather than ever having to buy anything from the stores. And the items are always there in the safe if you need to sell anything.

Did you know there were special codes for Pattimo? If you insert certain codes with the play buttons, you can increase/decrease the speed of chord travel, activate invisichords or disappearing chords . . . actually, I only entered two. One is easy enough that you can perform it without realizing that you've done. I've only activated the sped up chords once, I believe. I've activated the invisible chords once. I've activated the disappearing chords so many annoying times.

I seriously wish I owned this game. I still haven't deleted my saves. I'm hoping still that I can find this somewhere.

SomethingBig
07-07-2005, 06:52 AM
It got terrible reviews all over the place, so I never really bothered.

Craig
07-07-2005, 11:41 AM
I tried to play this game, I got to the bit where you had to play the guitar, and I remember it not working out too well. Then I ran around for a bit somewhere and just turned it off. Because it sucked so bad.