PDA

View Full Version : Question about FF4

Alexander
12-27-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm almost finishing the game, but I lost my save and restarted. And I forgot how to use Dark Wave, False Tears, etc... T_T
How do I use these? >.<

DJZen
12-27-2004, 08:03 PM
They're just battle commands like "fight" or "item".

Zyrthofar
12-27-2004, 09:52 PM
If its not what DJZen said, I absolutely have no idea what you mean. Maybe you only heard about these commands in a walkthrough and playing the FF4 on the SNES? (just asking)

Alexander
12-28-2004, 12:18 AM
If its not what DJZen said, I absolutely have no idea what you mean. Maybe you only heard about these commands in a walkthrough and playing the FF4 on the SNES? (just asking)

I've seen it at EoFF, FFIV, Characters page o.o And I remember clearly that I could do it once or twice...
And yes, i'm playing FF4 at the SNES o.o

TheAbominatrix
12-28-2004, 12:30 AM
If you're playing a Japanese translation of the game, they should be there, even on the SNES. On the PSX version, they're always there. For FFIIUS, the original release of FFIV in America, you can access these skills through game genie or similiar cheat devices.

DJZen
12-28-2004, 01:28 AM
You might be thinking about the beginning of the game where Cecil whips out his dark knight powers in the intro, then suddenly loses them for no apparent reason.

Star of Penumbra
12-31-2004, 05:50 AM
You might be thinking about the beginning of the game where Cecil whips out his dark knight powers in the intro, then suddenly loses them for no apparent reason.

Cecil uses a Red Fang and a White Fang in the intro to FF4. He never uses Dark Wave.

If you're playing FF2/4j on the SNES, in English, then you're playing the moron version. Square removed a bunch of commmands and items, and lowered the difficulty, so we stupid Americans wouldn't get all confused.

nords2
01-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Cecil uses a Red Fang and a White Fang in the intro to FF4. He never uses Dark Wave.

If you're playing FF2/4j on the SNES, in English, then you're playing the moron version. Square removed a bunch of commmands and items, and lowered the difficulty, so we stupid Americans wouldn't get all confused.

Cecil may never use Dark Wave, but the dark knight that you fight before becoming a paladin does. That is probably where all the confusion is coming from. The only good trick that that dark knight Cecil can do is nothing you do intentionally. When wearing the full Black gear you can instantly kill many monsters.

Shoden
01-16-2005, 11:28 PM
im stuck on the dark elf hes a toughie

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-17-2005, 12:48 AM
Was the party Square that eliminated commands and stuff? I thought it was Nintendo.

Mirage
01-17-2005, 01:13 AM
That's what I heard too.

DJZen
01-17-2005, 02:30 AM
I don't see why they would have. Nintendo didn't MAKE the game, and Square had a USA office at that time.

mythus
01-17-2005, 03:04 AM
It was Square USA that redid the game, in order to make it 'more appealing' to the Americans at the time. Their thoughts were that if the game was too hard for the Americans, they would not buy it.

The specialty commands, as well as several items, were not included in the SNES version of FF2/4j. They are in the PSx version.

DJZen
01-17-2005, 03:09 AM
That's not true. They were in FFIV, they were taken out only in the American version.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-17-2005, 02:56 PM
No it's true. SNES means the American console, so he's right. If you are playing FFIV on the Super Famicon or using one of those things that lets you play SFC games, then you get the specialty commands, etc. According to one gamefaq, I don't know about commands, but the magic they got rid of was Shell, Protect, and Dispel. Personally, it didn't make any difference to me since I hardly use those. Dispel didn't have much of a point, and I always felt like the other two weren't working.