PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Earthgift shrine...

scarysquirrelchick
12-27-2004, 08:30 PM
:mad: Earthgift Shrine is a hellhole I tell you!!!! I'm lost in some cave, (got lose in the desert but found cave) I have no idea how to get out!
Can anyone help?

Necronopticous
12-27-2004, 08:35 PM
Just keep walking around until you find the downstairs, once you get to the bottom you'll have the choice of fighting one of four bosses who are pretty tough. Beating them will get you out, otherwise... Do you have the exit spell?

WarZidane
12-27-2004, 10:59 PM
You get transported back to the entrance if you die in battle.
So die or beat a boss :p

TheAbominatrix
12-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Exit doesnt work in the optional dungeons, I dont think.

Next time you get lost in the desert, follow the palm trees. They're shaped like triangles (technically) and the tip points the direction you need to go.

The dungeons are random, so you need to wander around until you find stairs or, like WarZidane said, lose a battle.

DJZen
12-28-2004, 01:30 AM
It would help us if you could say WHERE in the Earthgift Shrine you are. Are you in a dessert? Are you in the spooky dark forest? There's really only about 6 levels to the dungeon, and only 2 of them are particularly big, so if you could say where you are I can get you through it.

Speaker To Kzinti
12-30-2004, 03:34 AM
:mad: Earthgift Shrine is a hellhole I tell you!!!! I'm lost in some cave, (got lose in the desert but found cave) I have no idea how to get out!
Can anyone help?

Use the stairs... Then defeat the bosses

-Cloud-
12-30-2004, 10:50 PM
I don't get this, I beat two bosses in the Earthgift Shrine, saved, turned off machine, played the game the next day, the bosses are back. WTF?????

Shuko
12-30-2004, 11:07 PM
The bosses will always return. They're there to play again and again. I was excited when I found that out; I wanted two ultima weapons. Unfortunately, the ultima weapon chest can only be opened once. :cry: The same goes for a lot of the key chests, but all the rest are free for the taking time and again. Stuff like red fangs and blue fangs, elixers, even megalixers can be found over and over. But the chests that return are usually randomly filled.

Some of the bosses drop items, you know. If you check them out in your bestiary, you might find an item or two listed that'll make you want to battle a particular boss again. :tongue:

-Cloud-
12-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Is the Earthgift Shrine aka as Temple Of Fiends?

One winged angel of death
12-31-2004, 12:50 AM
ummm... one thing... did you just beat the earth fiend Lich? if so.. what the heck are you doing there?! there is 4 bosses one is cerebus and i can't remeber the other four! i lost :eek: . but now i'm at lvl 59-58 and one of my characters (i named him seph) is at 999 hp. i suggest you at least lose a battle get outta there. then go to that castle or ordeals get the rat's tail, then go to bahamut after you get the air ship. then you can go to... a knight, a ninja, a white wizard and a black wizard. and go to the wind fiend's place get the adamentite go to the dwarf smithy get the excalibur and then go back in there. I got to the bosses in the earth gift shrine and i didn't stand a chance. i died in about 3 minutes.

merlinn31
12-31-2004, 04:13 PM
I have level 30 character monk, black/white mage and fighter, and I managed to beat the dragon and cerebus. The trick is to haste/temper them as quickly as possible while keeping nullshocked/blazed/whatever. My monk was doing 16 hits with about 1500-2000 hp by the time i beat the cerebus, and my fighter was doing almost 1000 when I beat the dragon. The other two are too hard, because they quake me to death too quick and I don't know what to do.